Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn (25237 Views)

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / ¤Strange Saga¤- A Short Story by Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Flakkydagirl: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
Really nice one Vonn......

I didn't know you're a genius ma'am
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 7:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Really nice one Vonn......

I didn't know you're a genius ma'am
I salute you ma!
Honoured to have you here.
I'll keep doing my best.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
CHAPTER 6

"My God!" Justina exclaimed after Julian had told his story without holding anything back.
She wondered why such a young and handsome boy had to face such in life.

"You'll have to be very careful now. It's not even safe to go out because they can be anywhere. If you want something, I'll try and get it for you,okay?" Julian just nodded.

He knew that what she said about staying indoors in the meantime was for the best. But how long was it going to last." He wondered.

"You must be hungry. I'll arrange for your food." She said and called on the maid, Tope, to set the meal.

That day, Julian ate and slept well for the first time in days. Justina did not bother to wake him.
"It'll do him good." She said to herself.

Julian was woken by the rays of light penetrating into his room and falling on his face.

When he looked at the clock, he realised that it was morning. He had slept till 7:30 the next morning.

Getting down sluggishly from the bed, he headed to the bathroom. He looked around and saw a new toothbrush pack. Justina was thoughtful to get him a new one.

He quickly cleaned up and went downstairs. He got to the kitchen and found Tope who told him that Justina went to do some shopping but would be back in no time.

This information left him a chance of having a tour round the house and its large compound.

Later in the day, he decided to call his family, to let them know that he was okay.

"Ma?" She turned to find out why he was calling.
"Can I use your phone please? I don't have enough airtime" He requested.
"No problem."
Julian entered his room and sat down.
"Mum it's me, Julian."
"Julian? Oh thank God you're still alive. Your phone was switched off as at when we tried reaching you. We heard what happened... But why did you venture into such?" She asked sadly.

"Don't worry mum, you won't understand but thank God I escaped it. How did you know?" He asked, very surprised.

"We were driving through the same route when we heard the bomb blast. We were scared to the marrow till we sighted policemen.

On getting closer, five dead bodies were lying by the roadside. We were made to understand by the police that they were armed robbers.
We were asked to cooperate for thorough checking.
Just then, a boy, apparently one of them was dragged and forcefully made to sit by the roadside.
His eyes were fixed on me. I was so afraid that I decide to move to another corner.
That was when it struck me that I've seen him somewhere. His picture is in your phone.
" How many were caught?"
"He was the only one alive till he also killed himself."
"How?"
"He snatched a gun from an unsuspecting policeman and shot himself."
"I'm very sorry. I just wanted what's best for the family." Julian apologised with regrets.
"It's okay, but where are you now?" She asked. Julian explained where he was and how he would be in danger if he decided to go back home.

In conclusion, he asked them to always pray for him.

Lying on the bed, he wondered how things were going to work out.
His mother had told him of his posting to Abuja but he had to survive first of all.

He was not going to involve the Police in that situation or he would implicate himself too so he decided to play the game slowly.

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
I'm enjoying this story like kilode.

Have Julian and Chris met before then?

Did Julian knows that he have a twin?
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
LogoDWhiz: I'm enjoying this story like kilode.

Have Julian and Chris met before then?

Did Julian knows that he have a twin?
Chris knew him when Julian was still in school but Julian had no idea.
Julian only realised for the first time on that robbery day.
He never knew. He had not asked his parents about that either.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
vonn:
Chris knew him when Julian was still in school but Julian had no idea.
Julian only realised for the first time on that robbery day.
He never knew. He had not asked his parents about that either.

Okay.. Thanks..
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
Welldone ma. More ink to your pen
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
TiffanyJ: Welldone ma. More ink to your pen
You too ma. You're obviously among the very best here.

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Bhummieluv(f): 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: don't be shy ma'am.

This is one of the good stories on Nairaland.
You're welcome here. cheesy
Oh.tnx meqally
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Bhummieluv(f): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
vonn:
Lol.......thanks luv. Your welcome.
Grab a seat.........

Owk,done alwedi
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
Was sooo engrossed in a story by KingzPen that I forgot my duty.
I'll punish me for that.

A week later, he received a call from his mum that his father was missing.

The abductors demanded Julian as ransom.

When Julian heard this he felt weak. he already knew it was nobody but Electric. He was still pondering over what next to do when his phone started ringing.

"What do you want from me?" He screamed.

"Don't get so scared lil baby." He taunted.

"Where is my father? I want to know that he's safe."

"Okay, not a problem at all."

"Julian." A faint voice said from the other end.

"Dad."

"Don't worry, I'm fine."

"Dad you're not. you're weak. What did they do to you? These bastards, idiots......." He cursed.

"Shut up. Do you think you were given the green light to insult us. That's not a problem. Now listen and listen good.....if we don't see you........"

He went ahead to give him the location. He was told to bid his father goodbye if he was not seen at the appointed time and venue.

Julian realised that it was not a kind of game he could play on his own.

He told Justina everything they said and she decided to help.

When they got ready, they went down to the police station with a worried Julian.

After narration, they were asked to write statement after which Julian was free from any harassment by the Police.

"I'm here." Julian phoned when he got to the venue.

"I warn you again. If the Police is involved, your father will be dead." Electric threatened through the phone.

"I know. Just me and Mrs Justina." Was the simple reply from Julian.

Seconds later, a small gang of four men came into view with a blindfolded older man being led by one of them. That was Julian's father.

"Release him and am all yours." He boldly said. His father tried to protest but Julian ignored him.

"What if you don't do as said?"

"You've got guns in your hands, don't you?" Electric smiled when he heard that and nodded.

Immediately. The father was pushed to them, Mrs Justina took him and they moved out quickly leaving Julian behind.

Just as planned, the policemen emerged suddenly from behind them but Electric had felt their presence earlier so he quickly dived into the bush and was gone.

The remaining three were arrested and taken to the station with them.
Julian's father was taken to hospital for treatment.

"Thank you for everything you did for my son and I. We are grateful to you." Alex thanked Justina.

"It was a pleasure trying to help. I hope to see you people some other time but real soon." She said.

"We'll definitely visit on a sunday, but before then, we'll let you know what to prepare for us." Alex jokingly added.

"No problem......my regards to your wife and children." She called out as the cab driver got into motion and they zoomed off.

It was a moment of joy and reunion for the Cole family as friends and well-wishers called in to welcome them. There was merriment till late in the evening.

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thank God they are save for now but I hope that Electric kettle guy won't disturb them again and for julian and justina,hmmmmm,I no talk anything o.well done ma,u r doing a great job
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
seunviju: Thank God they are save for now but I hope that Electric kettle guy won't disturb them again and for julian and justina,hmmmmm,I no talk anything o.well done ma,u r doing a great job

Hehehehe.......electric kettle.
Seun, Justina nah elderly woman oooo.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Fatalveli(m): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2014
Well I guess electric is gonna hit 'em back real hard...
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2014
Fatalveli: Well I guess electric is gonna hit 'em back real hard...
Really?............wait........lemme check my script again. cheesy
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by omoh19: 10:59am On Aug 13, 2014
vonn:
Really?............wait........lemme check my script again. cheesy
thanks
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:17am On Aug 13, 2014
Update coming in.........12:30 latest
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by almacherish(f): 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
15 mins 2 update.... Waiting..... Nice one
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
vonn:

Hehehehe.......electric kettle.
Seun, Justina nah elderly woman oooo.
I no kuku talk anything o vonn
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
Things came back to normal for the Cole family.
Alex finally ventured into business and was doing quite well.

Mary too was helping the way she could.

Duron and Sasha were also doing well.

Julian eventually told them all that happened, not leaving out the part about his lookalike.

He seriously wanted to know why he wasn't told anything about his twin. But it seemed every other member of the family was shocked.

His mum told him of how she gave birth to a set of twins. But then, he disappeared few months before their 1st birthday.

They had reported the case to a police station. They had also made enquiries, distributed posters, but nothing positive came out of it.
She was so devastated about it that her husband had to take out all his pictures and belongings so she wouldn't be reminded of her loss.

He told her it was best they forgot about him and not let julian or any other member of the family know as it would do them no good.

Gradually, memories of the loss disappeared till she found it unnecessary to disclose.

Hearing about Julian's look alike again brought back memories they thought they had lost. They found themselves yearning to set eyes on him again after so long till Julian dashed their hopes to the rocks with his death.

Julian was preparing seriously for his youth service.

He had made sure he was done with the necessary clearance before the whole saga and was only buying things he needed.

Like others, he reported to camp.
He participated in various activities which were very much of fun to him.

At the end of three weeks, the camping came to an end and they were posted to their places of primary assignment.

Julian saw himself in an oil company. The company offered him accommodation as well as some other members of the corps.

After four months, he was quite familiar with the procedure of the activities going on in the company.

He was dedicated and efficient in his duties that he was sometimes got tips from other workers.

The company house was something else- a large bungalow, fashionably planned and furnished to a rich taste.

Since Julian already had a car, he didn't need the company vehicle except in few cases when it was mandatory for him and his colleagues.
The duplex with two sitting rooms and seven bedrooms was for the corps members.

One day Julian decided to drive round the state in order to get familiar with some areas.

He was amazed that some places were still very undeveloped.

He saw how people struggle everyday to make ends meet.

He felt for these people and wished that there was any way he could help.
His mind flashed back to his family and how things were for them before he intervened, though through a negative means.

Julian parked his car near a market and entered to buy some foodstuffs for the week.

He was through with his purchase and was about leaving when a little scene caught his attention.

A female trader was shouting and mocking a lady of about twenty years.

Julian could not understand the reason for that so he moved closer and directed the question to one of the women around.

Women had natural gifts of gossip so it was not hard to get her tongue rolling.

Julian was made to know that the lady though dressed nicely had come to the stall to buy foodstuff.

She had done her purchases which she added to the ones in her bagco bag.

She dipped her hand into her handbag to get out money for the payment but the money never came out with the hand.

Instead she started lamenting and sobbing that they had killed her.

"That's how they go about looking for whom to deceive, all these prostitutes. Look at how dressed she is but she can't even pay for what she bought." A woman shouted from behind.

"This is not the first time this type of thing is happening in this market. If you don't have money in your pocket, abeg do not come here looking for pity because we need it too. We struggle everyday, morning to night to pay our children's school fees and feed the family. Abeg do not leave her oo till she pays or you carry back your things." Another woman in a nearby stall chipped in.

People were passing comments according to how they felt. Nobody even allowed the lady who was already soaked with perspiration and tears to explain.

To them, there was nothing to explain anymore.
They would not even allow her to leave the scene as they surrounded her, some poking her.

{Pardon me.......I can't speak pidgin(market scene)}
More loading.....
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
seunviju: I no kuku talk anything o vonn

Lol......me neither.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2014

Julian felt so uneasy where he stood. He knew it wasn't the traders' fault but they shouldn't have gone to that height. He heard them mention the price of all she bought.

Julian brought out his wallet and realised that he had more than enough money.

So he stepped in and volunteered to pay. Slowly the small crowd dispersed booing and snapping their fingers at her.

Immediately he counted the money and gave the trader, her face turned into smiles.

She thanked him and on turning to the lady, made face at her before entering her stall.

Julian picked the bag of purchases from where the woman kept it and placing his arm across the lady's shoulders whose face was buried in shame, he walked her out of the market to his car.

He asked her whether she was done with all she wanted to buy. She shook and nodded at the same time.

Julian sighted a piece of paper in her hand, squeezed it out and asked her to wait inside the car before leaving.

Ten minutes later, he came back with a plastic bag and handed it over to the lady as he entered the car.

"Thank you very much for helping me. Words cannot express how grateful I am for what you did for me. You're heaven sent. Thank you. Thank you very much." She expressed gratitude profusely.

"It's okay. I did what I could and should. You are very lucky they didn't go beyond that. Emm....I'm Julian, I was posted to this state for my Youth Service four months ago." He introduced and waited for her to say something.

"And you are......."

"Yvonne" was the simple response.

"Yvonne....that's a nice name...as in Yvonne Nelson." He complimented.

"Thanks." Julian noticed that she was trying hard to smile and felt pity for her.

"Uhm....where are you going to so I can drop you off?" Julian asked concerned. Yvonne turned her head and he nodded reassuringly.

When she gave him the address he was very much surprised that she lived a street from his.

"Don't ever feel indebted to me." He told her as they were on the road and she nodded. It seemed her mind was halfway to a faraway land.

"So, how did the whole incident happen?" He asked, sorry that he had to go back to the issue again.

"I'm a second year student of Economics at the University of Benin. I was travelling home before I decide to stop at the market to buy few things before reaching home.
I swear, I had money in my handbag but how it got missing, I can't just tell."

"It's okay. You should be more careful next time." He advised and she nodded.

"Will you like to take anything?" He asked her slowing down as he got near a restaurant and diverted into the parking lot.

"No, nothing, thanks." She was quick to say.

"I'll be right back." He left and came back later with two bags and handed one over to her but she refused to accept it.

"You have done enough for me in a day. I told you not to worry." She said and Julian kept quiet.
Just when he was about to protest, a long sound came from her stomach.

Feeling embarrassed, she placed her hand on the annoying culprit and managed a side-eye on Julian who was already laughing.

"Come on, just take it already. I'm doing this because I feel like. So, please just accept it." After cajoling her a little more, she succumbed and thanked him.

Twenty five minutes later, they got to her house and stopped just in front of the gate.

"Thank you very much for everything." She said stepping out of the car.

"You can contact me if you wish or have any problem." He gave her his complimentary card.

"Bye."
"Alright, take care." He said and ignited the engine. When the coast was clear, he drove off to his house.

...........................................*.....................................
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by tolajumoke(f): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
Anticipating for more
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Temmytayo20(f): 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nice 1 sis... following u 2 d end!!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Wonderful ma'am... You're doing a very good job here...
Pls can I get the link to that Kingzpen's story? Thanks.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 11:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ghen ghen,love wan tintin is about yo start.nice update dear
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 14, 2014
Hmmm wat a great piece.......following......,.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by KingzPen(m): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2014
Awesome Work... Following...
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:09am On Aug 14, 2014
dammygoody: Wonderful ma'am... You're doing a very good job here...
Pls can I get the link to that Kingzpen's story? Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/1501355/life-campus-must-read#19242573
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:10am On Aug 14, 2014
Temmytayo20: Nice 1 sis... following u 2 d end!!
And hope you're comfortably seated.....

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:11am On Aug 14, 2014
KingzPen: Awesome Work... Following...
Thanks love.
Yours was wow!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2014
snowprince07: Hmmm wat a great piece.......following......,.
Thank you sooooo much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) / How Good Are You With Figures Of Speech? Try This Out / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.