Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi (15754 Views)

Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? / Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? / I Want Osaze Odemwingie Back, Keshi Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by jhidey08(m): 9:51am On Aug 01, 2014
kabba7:
AS HE WAS DUMPED BY THE SOUTH AFRICANS IS THE ONLY REASON FOR THE SUDEEN CHANGE ..OF MIND . THE SUPER EAGLES WENT THAT MUCH AT WORLD CUP BECAUSE OF DETERMINATION NOT BEFAUSE OF THE QUALITY OF COACHING .
which determination? Dey qualified simply because dey were in d weakest group in d World Cup. Keshi is a fu*'ing businessman. Sum1 wit such an awful performance @d world cup ws given a presidential welcome, sum1 dey shld av questioned. Went 2d world cup wit jst 4 midfielders, didn't av a substitute who could replace an injured player, d idiot man collected money 4rm doze players, especially doze new ones. Dat's y he pressurized dem 2 threaten NFF 2 boycott d match against France, knowing fully well dat if we were eliminated at dat stage, it would b difficult 4 him 2 get his money 4rm d players. Our stupid govt flew sum amount of money 2dem so dat dey could play, dey shld av allowed dem 2 boycott d match, I swear 2 God all of dem would av suffer 4 it in dier various clubs.

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by jhidey08(m): 10:03am On Aug 01, 2014
chigo93: Keshi=a proud coach with little or no knowledge of how to read a football match,technically he is not sound,his saving grace was the fact that Nigeria has an abundance of natural football talent.keshi a man who hates opinions.He coached mali wat did he achieve wit dem;yes he qualified Togo,but dat senegal team in togo's group had started xperiencing a decline.If u talk of coaches then u shld mention jurgen klinsmann,we all saw how he was technically and tactically efficient with his usa team even with average set of players.Keshi will be d next super eagles coach just to please Goodluck jonathan and not because he is d right person we need to make our team a worldclass team.
God bless u brother. Only few pple here use dier brains 2 think and u're 1 of dem. Imagine o, dey asked him 2 luk 4 a technician who could read d game well and assist him either in Nigeria or abroad whose salaries would b paid by d NFF bt d mumu man refused. Dat's y dis country is lagging behind, we celebrate failure too much. Instead of dem 2 leave d job 4 NFF who hired him, sum1 who shld b quarried 4 such awful wc performance ws celebrated by d presidency. Nigeria jst av jst too much useless leaders ahswear.

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 01, 2014
mek him go nw,which kyn shakara upon shakara............na only him dei?
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by eievans(m): 10:16am On Aug 01, 2014
After him don go see say no whr hin fit coach for dem may their mind settle wit 'em.

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by mechanics(m): 10:21am On Aug 01, 2014
NoticeBoard: In a recent interview with African Football, Coach Stephen Keshi has finally told the world that he would love to continue his job as Eagles coach.

The coach popularly known as Big Boss told the press that he met Deji Tinubu in Lagos before heading out for America to see his family.

He said: “It’s my country, I am ready to serve. I have started something I would love to finish.”

“But I cannot work the way I worked last time. It’s not possible! All my staff, no!no!!no!! We have to be professional, everybody has to do what they are supposed to do,” he stated.

“I cannot be paying another staff salary, when I am not the Nigeria Football Federation. We will see how it goes. If the conditions are met, we will be there, no wahala.”....Continue reading - [url]http://noticeboard.byethost24.com/view.php?t=I_Want_Nigeria_Back_%97_Keshi[/url]
NFF may dump him, maybe he sees dat no country is coming for him again, to me he's confuse, and he shud stil improve further on his coaching tactics, if he repeat d same thing he did in brasil, we may nt go far in d up coming nations cup nations cup.

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by ElFenomeno1: 10:34am On Aug 01, 2014
Keshi... you are a goat
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by Goke7: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2014
The way guys are bashing keshi here makes me laugh, if I may ask, who should be next Eagles coach and who is better than Keshi out there?

I have my issues with Keshi though but seriously if I will answer the question above, its only a coach who has gotten to the quarterfinal of a world cup tournament that will be a better replacement for keshi, all this talk about keshi's tactics is gibberish.

My second question, can nff pay a better coach [one that has gotten to the world cup quarterfinal before] than keshi now?

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by Krasid(m): 10:38am On Aug 01, 2014
I don't know his problem.One day he is leaving, another day he is staying.Anyway i wish him goodluck.

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by 3coins(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2014
Dominiquez: I like your boldness.
That is because you know your worth.
wht is his worth??
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by booblacain(m): 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Good thing.
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by dabossman(m): 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
disloman: Sentiment apart,this guy ain't technically sound n his flaws were shown at d world cup.

Yes, just like Scolari and Del Bosque right?
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by dabossman(m): 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
jhidey08: which determination? Dey qualified simply because dey were in d weakest group in d World Cup. Keshi is a fu*'ing businessman. Sum1 wit such an awful performance @d world cup ws given a presidential welcome, sum1 dey shld av questioned. Went 2d world cup wit jst 4 midfielders, didn't av a substitute who could replace an injured player, d idiot man collected money 4rm doze players, especially doze new ones. Dat's y he pressurized dem 2 threaten NFF 2 boycott d match against France, knowing fully well dat if we were eliminated at dat stage, it would b difficult 4 him 2 get his money 4rm d players. Our stupid govt flew sum amount of money 2dem so dat dey could play, dey shld av allowed dem 2 boycott d match, I swear 2 God all of dem would av suffer 4 it in dier various clubs.

What are you on about? Who replaced Neymar when he got injured and to what effect? You think it is every player you can replace just by throwing on a substitute? Do the players have the same technical, physical or mental abilities? Will they play with the same mentality? Does Igiebor or John Ogu play like Onazi. Did you see any French player that successfully replaced the injured Ribery? Or who replaced Suarez to great effect in the Uruguayan team. Arm chair coach, talk about what you know abeg.

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by shadrach77: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
We need to free this guy and allow him leave. Shebi he was boasting that he had several countries lining up to employ him? Why then has he suddenly changed his mind and decided to choose Nigeria? It's obvious he was only using SA and other countries as a leverage to get NFF's attention. Now that he has realised that they don't give a toss about him, he is systematically advertising himself. He is not a good coach.

I laugh when people compare Keshi with Westerhof. Those who are doing so need to have their head examined. During Westerhof's reign Nigeria reached 4th on the FIFA Ranking table. A mere Christian Chukwu took Nigeria to 16th in the FIFA ranking. Now compare that to Nigeria's current 36th position. Westerhof's team won emphatically not this present team that labours to win matches

sad angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by EdwinOse: 1:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
he is intelligent

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by dabossman(m): 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
shadrach77: We need to free this guy and allow him leave. Shebi he was boasting that he had several countries lining up to employ him? Why then has he suddenly changed his mind and decided to choose Nigeria? It's obvious he was only using SA and other countries as a leverage to get NFF's attention. Now that he has realised that they don't give a toss about him, he is systematically advertising himself. He is not a good coach.

I laugh when people compare Keshi with Westerhof. Those who are doing so need to have their head examined. During Westerhof's reign Nigeria reached 4th on the FIFA Ranking table. A mere Christian Chukwu took Nigeria to 16th in the FIFA ranking. Now compare that to Nigeria's current 36th position. Westerhof's team won emphatically not this present team that labours to win matches

sad angry angry angry

Hhm, people and their lopsided analysis. Nigeria was 63rd when Keshi took over. Now we've jumped 29 places to 34th. Now tell us, what was our ranking when Chukwu took over and what was it when he left?

Don't worry let me school you. We were 35th and Chukwu moved us to 24th. Just 11 places further. Westerhoff moved us from 18 in 1993 to 5th in April 1994. That is a jump of 13 places. Now tell me, who has done better in moving Nigeria forward on the rankings?

2 Likes

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by easyelliot(m): 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
ENZOSCIFO1:

Point of correction, Keshi is the all round best coach ever to coach the eagles.

Westerhoff was better, IMO. But Keshi is right there.

Going forward however I dont think keshi is the man for us. His player selections and technical know how is average at best. The team played with no true identity.

His decision to leave Mikel in for all our games despite his lack of pace, losing the ball in his own half, and just a total lackadaisical attitude screams of a coach who is either scared to sub big boy mikel or incentified not to.

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by lorRhyMeZ: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Dhelake: The NFF will be so stupid to give him a contract, he plays victim after every tournament just to get better pay

Its a case of Guy man guying Guy men..so forgerrit..
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by jhidey08(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
dabossman:

What are you on about? Who replaced Neymar when he got injured and to what effect? You think it is every player you can replace just by throwing on a substitute? Do the players have the same technical, physical or mental abilities? Will they play with the same mentality? Does Igiebor or John Ogu play like Onazi. Did you see any French player that successfully replaced the injured Ribery? Or who replaced Suarez to great effect in the Uruguayan team. Arm chair coach, talk about what you know abeg.
u don't even understand wot I'm talking abt. In dat Super Eagles' squad, apart 4rm d starting eleven dere was no influential substitute on d bench. How will a sane coach pick jst 4 midfielders 4 a world cup, don't u knw dat midfield is d heart of a team. Doze 4 midfielders were gabbage sef, apart 4rm manageable Mikel and fantastic Onazi, Azeez na wash, Reuben Gabriel played jst 49minutes 4 his club throughout last season, yet ur Hero(Keshi) took him 2 world cup. IK uche ws a force 2 reckon wit last season bt he picked uche nwofor who featured in jst 4 league games 4 his club last season. Do u knw anything abt football at all?

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by dabossman(m): 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
jhidey08: u don't even understand wot I'm talking abt. In dat Super Eagles' squad, apart 4rm d starting eleven dere was no influential substitute on d bench. How will a sane coach pick jst 4 midfielders 4 a world cup, don't u knw dat midfield is d heart of a team. Doze 4 midfielders were gabbage sef, apart 4rm manageable Mikel and fantastic Onazi, Azeez na wash, Reuben Gabriel played jst 49minutes 4 his club throughout last season, yet ur Hero(Keshi) took him 2 world cup. IK uche ws a force 2 reckon wit last season bt he picked uche nwofor who featured in jst 4 league games 4 his club last season. Do u knw anything abt football at all?

This is where some of you get it wrong. Keshi had more than just four midfielders. Ahmed Musa, Osaze, Micheal Babatunde and Victor Moses are also midfielders. (ML, MR, MC, AMC, AMR, AML). The four you are talking about are largely CM and DMF. Germany went to the World Cup with two registered "strikers", but we all know that Goetze and Muller are very potent goalscorers.

You call Azeez who has just 3 caps and played 1 game wash, but I bet you were one of those calling for Keshi to invite him because of his club performance. Diego Costa was a bigger force to reckon with in La Liga last season. Much more than IK Uche. And he still didn't perform, even with Iniesta and Xavi as his supply chain. Ditto Ronaldo. So, what guarantees you a stand out performance from Uche?

Stop watching football with your emotions and sentiments bro. Do you know anything about football?

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by phuckNL: 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
dabossman:

Hhm, people and their lopsided analysis. Nigeria was 63rd when Keshi took over. Now we've jumped 29 places to 34th. Now tell us, what was our ranking when Chukwu took over and what was it when he left?

Don't worry let me school you. We were 35th and Chukwu moved us to 24th. Just 11 places further. Westerhoff moved us from 18 in 1993 to 5th in April 1994. That is a jump of 13 places. Now tell me, who has done better in moving Nigeria forward on the rankings?

Are you seriously trying to use FIFA ranking to determine the performance of a coach. Are you ok? Are you smoking Sep Blatter weed?

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by dabossman(m): 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
phuckNL:

Are you seriously trying to use FIFA ranking to determine the performance of a coach. Are you ok? Are you smoking Sep Blatter weed?

Stop jumping into arguments you don't know the genesis off. The fellow I quoted based his argument on Fifa ranking and I simple gave him facts and figures. Gosh, the way some peeps rush to comment sha! Smh.

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by Luvwarrior(m): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
I love dis manI love dis manI love dis man
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by jhidey08(m): 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
dabossman:

This is where some of you get it wrong. Keshi had more than just four midfielders. Ahmed Musa, Osaze, Micheal Babatunde and Victor Moses are also midfielders. (ML, MR, MC, AMC, AMR, AML). The four you are talking about are largely CM and DMF. Germany went to the World Cup with two registered "strikers", but we all know that Goetze and Muller are very potent goalscorers.

You call Azeez who has just 3 caps and played 1 game wash, but I bet you were one of those calling for Keshi to invite him because of his club performance. Diego Costa was a bigger force to reckon with in La Liga last season. Much more than IK Uche. And he still didn't perform, even with Iniesta and Xavi as his supply chain. Ditto Ronaldo. So, what guarantees you a stand out performance from Uche?

Stop watching football with your emotions and sentiments bro. Do you know anything about football?
which 1 is LM, MRF, MC, AMC? I only knw of RMF, CM, AMF,LMF and DMF as midfielders o, mind u, diz players r midfielders only if a team plays 4-4-2 formation. Pls tell me d formation Stephen Keshi used at d world cup. Y don't u sit down and think abt my points. Keshi used dis last world cup outing 4 business. How many strikers did spain use in Euro 2014? Football is all about a strong midfield and a good tactical approach. Sentiments apart, Keshi is poor tactically and makes biased selection.

1 Like

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by dabossman(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
jhidey08: which 1 is LM, MRF, MC, AMC? I only knw of RMF, CM, AMF,LMF and DMF as midfielders o, mind u, diz players r midfielders only if a team plays 4-4-2 formation. Pls tell me d formation Stephen Keshi used at d world cup. Y don't u sit down and think abt my points. Keshi used dis last world cup outing 4 business. How many strikers did spain use in Euro 2014? Football is all about a strong midfield and a good tactical approach. Sentiments apart, Keshi is poor tactically and makes biased selection.

Same of the same. Basic positions on the football pitch:

____________STC_______________

AML ________AMC____________AMR

ML__________ MC ____________ MR

WBL ________DM_____________WBR

DL_________ DC_______________DR

___________SW________________

__________GK_________________

Keshi's favourite formations are 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 with the likes of Moses, Musa, Babatunde and Osaze playing behind the lone striker, Emenike. You accuse Keshi of going to do business like you were the one managing the deals. So, tell me, how many of the players Keshi went to sell have changed clubs yet?

You need to stop watching the Super Eagles with emotions and sentiments and face reality. The best we can get with the coach and players we have is what we got. Yes, Keshi is not the best tactician in the world, but our players are also not among the best in the world, save maybe for Enyeama. So, what were you expecting? To win the World Cup?

I knew before we kicked a ball at the World Cup that the best we would get is 2nd round. Anything after that is a bonus. Which is why I'm not bitter with Keshi, nor the players. You can't give what you don't have. Nigeria is not a super power in World football at senior level period.

Until we can hire the best world-class coaches in the world and have players playing for the top teams in the big leagues and not Turkey, Ukraine and Russia, this is what we will get. Tone down your over-bloated expectations. Keshi has done well by African standards.
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by phuckNL: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
dabossman:

Stop jumping into arguments you don't know the genesis off. The fellow I quoted based his argument on Fifa ranking and I simple gave him facts and figures. Gosh, the way some peeps rush to comment sha! Smh.

It doesn't matter. It's what you inferred from your comparison.
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by dabossman(m): 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
phuckNL:

It doesn't matter. It's what you inferred from your comparison.

You still don't get it. The dude said Christian Chukwu is better than Keshi based on Fifa rankings. He made the unnecessary comparison, not me.
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by Komedy(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
The man says he paid salaries from his own pocket and no NFF membere has come out to refute dat,it means he isn't lying,now let me ask all of yu calling keshi names yu fit dey work for federal govt dey pay salaries of oda federal govt workers wit ur own moni? Abi can jose mourinho be paying some members of his staff?. Keshi only wants things to be done professionally,he wants a better working condition if Keshi na ur papa, wudnt you be proud of him?
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by Komedy(m): 6:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
ElFenomeno1: Keshi... you are a goat
wat an exceptional goat,a goat that won ur country d nations cup after 19years,got to d 2nd round of d worldcup after 16years,I am so proud of that goat!!!
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by jhidey08(m): 6:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
dabossman:

Same of the same. Basic positions on the football pitch:

____________STC_______________

AML ________AMC____________AMR

ML__________ MC ____________ MR

WBL ________DM_____________WBR

DL_________ DC_______________DR

___________SW________________

__________GK_________________

Keshi's favourite formations are 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 with the likes of Moses, Musa, Babatunde and Osaze playing behind the lone striker, Emenike. You accuse Keshi of going to do business like you were the one managing the deals. So, tell me, how many of the players Keshi went to sell have changed clubs yet?

You need to stop watching the Super Eagles with emotions and sentiments and face reality. The best we can get with the coach and players we have is what we got. Yes, Keshi is not the best tactician in the world, but our players are also not among the best in the world, save maybe for Enyeama. So, what were you expecting? To win the World Cup?

I knew before we kicked a ball at the World Cup that the best we would get is 2nd round. Anything after that is a bonus. Which is why I'm not bitter with Keshi, nor the players. You can't give what you don't have. Nigeria is not a super power in World football at senior level period.

Until we can hire the best world-class coaches in the world and have players playing for the top teams in the big leagues and not Turkey, Ukraine and Russia, this is what we will get. Tone down your over-bloated expectations. Keshi has done well by African standards.
I'll only further argue with u if u can tell me full meaning of doze positions and c if dey make sense 2 u. Only den I'll believe u really knw sumthing abt football.
Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by dabossman(m): 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
jhidey08: I'll only further argue with u if u can tell me full meaning of doze positions and c if dey make sense 2 u. Only den I'll believe u really knw sumthing abt football.

grin Na me you dey give assignment abi? Okay, I'll indulge you.

STC - Striker
AML - Attacking Midfield Left
ML - Midfield Left
WBL - Wing Back Left
DM - Defensive Midfield
DL - Defence Left
SW - Sweeper
GK - Goalkeeper

Now you know. Thank me later. grin

Re: I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi by dabossman(m): 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Komedy: wat an exceptional goat,a goat that won ur country d nations cup after 19years,got to d 2nd round of d worldcup after 16years,I am so proud of that goat!!!

grin G.O.A.T = Greatest Of All Times

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee / Chuba Akpom Dumps England For Nigeria / CAF Backs Holding World Cup Every 2 Yrs, Approves Super League For African Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.