Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

To The Ladies In The House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Ladies In The House (3459 Views)

10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet / Advice To All The Single Ladies In The House / To The Ladies, Whats The Best Way To Care For Your Private Part (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 01, 2014
I wanted to know if I am alone on this
Do you shave your legs and other places and get your feet manicured or toes painted and well moisturized before going for medical check up or prenatal( antenatal) visits or baby delivery.
Do you make sure you look well groomed before going in for an elective surgery like a C section or other female procedures.

Are you as concerned as I am about presenting yourself well before the doctors
Do you apply extra body splash or perfumes to make sure everything is smelling sweet.
How about the mental preparation before a Pap smear etc
What are your preparations regimen before a gynecological examination or check up
Please share.
Re: To The Ladies In The House by bebe2(f): 12:16am On Aug 01, 2014
not really,

just my usual routine.

but that pap test (smear test in uk) worries me abit.

its quiet painful or is it just me?

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 01, 2014
I hate being prodded and probed and I have a fear of sharp instruments entering my body so I have to mentally prepare myself for 24 hours before a Pap smear.
I remember some years ago I had made an appointment to see my doctor for something and they had prepared for a complete physical examination with a Pap smear unbeknown to me
As I walked into the room and saw the stainless steel platter with all the gadgets and stirrups on the exam table for hanging the legs up I shrugged my shoulders and muttered " blood for Jesus,not my portion today"?
I didn't make appointment for that o
No way anyone is using onyokometer to peruse me and take a piece of my cervix this afternoon for analysis
Tua!
After the normal weight and height and BP the doctor walked in,talked,looked at my eyes and ears,listened to my heart and lungs,palpated me up and down checking for lumps and bumps and then they gave me a gown to change for round two.
I said mba kwa
Dokita,can I pass on that one?
He said " but you are due for a Pap smear ms Babymama ", I said yes but not today,I am not mentally prepared for that one
( I didn't even shave sef) grin grin of course I no talk dat wan
But mentally,I was not for it lai lai so I declined mehn and happily left

4 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 01, 2014
bebe2: not really,

just my usual routine.

but that pap test (smear test in uk) worries me abit.

its quiet painful or is it just me?

The thing scares me to death
Sometimes when I am hanging my legs on those stirrups my thighs be vibrating with fear
Can you imagine a male doctor sitting on a stool with a very bright light shinning in your Jericho and he is inserting instruments and snipping some of your sumtin
Very invasive and scary
I wish there was a way to teach husbands to do it

Do you or any of the ladies have problems with male OBGYNs or male doctors in general poking and palpating you?
Re: To The Ladies In The House by Descartes: 12:31am On Aug 01, 2014
Nne longest time wink

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by parismarc: 1:09am On Aug 01, 2014
No, I don't bother to psych my self when going to c the doctor, my major concern doing ante natal visits is that everything will be fine, my bp, blood sugar and baby.

I honestly don't care, I just take it as a neccessary evil that must be done, and asper male docs shining a light inside my ......., na dem sabi, I guess they've seen so many ........ So mine wouldn't make a difference.

Hi babymama, God bless you and yours.

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 01, 2014
What is Coogar doing lurking at the bottom of this thread?

5 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by armyofone(m): 6:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Will never ever shave my cute hairy legs.

1 Like

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 01, 2014
Babymama1:

SHOULD NYSC BE SCRAPPED?

www.nairaland.com/1838005/should-nysc-scrapped
Re: To The Ladies In The House by bebe2(f): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2014
Babymama1:

The thing scares me to death
Sometimes when I am hanging my legs on those stirrups my thighs be vibrating with fear
Can you imagine a male doctor sitting on a stool with a very bright light shinning in your Jericho and he is inserting instruments and snipping some of your sumtin
Very invasive and scary
I wish there was a way to teach husbands to do it

Do you or any of the ladies have problems with male OBGYNs or male doctors in general poking and palpating you?

it doesnt really bother me o, maybe its because am used to my doctors, had them for almost 10yrs, and they are not fyne atall shocked

but if its the guy in reception, lord help. He is so cute wit his tatoos eh? And i dont even like tatoos o. I wont even do the test sef for fear of losing control shocked God forgive me. Aint i too old to be crushing on a guy cool

4 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by cococandy(f): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2014
I wasn't a fan of that until hubby persuaded me to give it a try.
Damn it feels gooood.
Even the sunlight reflects off your skin.
(that's if you're light skinned)
And it feels smooth to touch.

I'm so not hairy but the very little I have when I shave it off,it makes a huge difference

Now I'm addicted.

armyofone: Will never ever shave my cute hairy legs.

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 01, 2014
Sorry I am derailing the thread but I wanna ask you a question.
Do you have kids if no have you ever been pregnant? Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by marbee(f): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
I don't have a problem with a male doctor or obgyn checking me, as far as it is an health issue, but hubby is finding it offensive, he told me I should have requested for a female gynecologist that it is bad, making it looked as if the doctor has an interior motive.

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
I do a wax and wear clean underwear.

1 Like

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Godmystrength: 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
aisha2: I do a wax and wear clean underwear.
cheesy cheesy hanhan..before nko? Is it not clean underwear you wear everyday ni? Maybe you want to say new underwear.
Don't mind me o.

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
Godmystrength: cheesy cheesy hanhan..before nko? Is it not clean underwear you wear everyday ni? Maybe you want to say new underwear.
Don't mind me o.

Lmao, thank you jare, extra clean and new. You know sometimes you can wear that granny panties for comfort ignoring the loose thread by the side. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, especially when Hubby is out of town and you no get power, you just want to wear anything and go out and get back home to sleep.

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Godmystrength: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
aisha2:

Lmao, thank you jare, extra clean and new. You know sometimes you can wear that[b] granny panties for comfort ignoring the loose thread by the side[/b]. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, especially when Hubby is out of town and you no get power, you just want to wear anything and go out and get back home to sleep.
You are very correct o. couple of days to my EDD, i was so self conscious. I gave down below some nice shaves, shaped my eye brows well, loosed my braids and retouched my hair(didn't want a situation where i will be pulling at it in the heat of labour),got some new panties and bras etc. Hubby was wondering what was going wrong with me with all preparations.....

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
Godmystrength: You are very correct o. couple of days to my EDD, i was so self conscious. I gave down below some nice shaves, shaped my eye brows well, loosed my braids and retouched my hair(didn't want a situation where i will be pulling at it in the heat of labour),got some new panties and bras etc. Hubby was wondering what was going wrong with me with all preparations.....

Na so, one day Oga accompanied me and when he saw the instrument shaped like a peni-s and then they inserted a condom on it, he said he no go gree oh, they must buy us dinner, that no wonder am always "looking my best for the scan" lmao

1 Like

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Godmystrength: 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
aisha2:

Na so, one day Oga accompanied me and when he saw the instrument shaped like a peni-s and then they inserted a condom on it, he said he no go gree oh, they must buy us dinner, that no wonder am always "looking my best for the scan" lmao
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
Following
Re: To The Ladies In The House by armyofone(m): 12:30am On Aug 02, 2014
Lol, waxing?
I think for me i like to fill my tummy. But not always possible when running from one place to the other trying to meet appt time. You get there with growling tummy. Each doc touch, your your tummy growls...atimes so loud your only choice is to say 'sorry, hungry' grin

aisha2: I do a wax and wear clean underwear.
Re: To The Ladies In The House by armyofone(m): 12:32am On Aug 02, 2014
Welcome CFCfan grin

CFCfan: Following
Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 02, 2014
armyofone: Welcome CFCfan grin

Thanks. I'm learning a lot here.
Re: To The Ladies In The House by armyofone(m): 4:51am On Aug 02, 2014
what are you learning? how not to wear dorty uku stuff to go see doctor?
Do you pedicure and manicure?
Do you use deodorant grin when going to see your doctor?
If so, what type? pix of you applying it or we don't believe it.

grin oya join the convo in better way.

CFCfan:
Thanks. I'm learning a lot here.
Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 4:59am On Aug 02, 2014
armyofone: what are you learning? how not to wear dorty uku stuff to go see doctor?
Do you pedicure and manicure?
Do you use deodorant grin when going to see your doctor?
If so, what type? pix of you applying it or we don't believe it.

grin oya join the convo in better way.

grin grin I cut my nails, so that counts as both pedicure and manicure.
As a man, I don't shave my legs, but I shave the other areas
Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 02, 2014
Lol @ Babymama.

I thought I was the only one consious of this. Hubby always said its was cos my Doctor was a cute guy in her early 30s, and he swears I'm crushing on him. Maybe he's right oh, cos I can miss an appointment if I don't feel like I'm as groomed as I possibly can. embarassed

What of when I had my lap and dye nko. Chei, see as I was flirting with the cute Doctor during consultation, not knowing he would be the d one to carry out the proceedure. On the day of the op, I found myself STARK NAKED on the table with the doctor (and other doctors and nursers) acting like there was no big deal. OMG, I almost died. I kept thinking how I could have jogged more to look trimmer, had I known I'll be baring my all to the guy. I was soo glad when the aneathelogist came and did his magic and I drifted into complete oblivon. grin

That what the end of my 'tusa tusa' with the Doc sha . . . embarassed

2 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ladies thank God for his mercies,I am in the hospital after surgery but all went well

https://www.nairaland.com/1840046/babymama-hospital-recovering
Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
Learned a lot...nice thread.

1 Like

Re: To The Ladies In The House by Amhappy(f): 11:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
I feel very uncomfortable when my privates are being examined. Mr Gyneacologist, a female even complained that am too stiff and tense at her touch. I usually dont nice up or shave to see the doctor. They don see tire so no big deal.

3 Likes

Re: To The Ladies In The House by red101(f): 10:47am On Aug 08, 2014
the pap smear scares me as well.
Re: To The Ladies In The House by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 08, 2014
red101: the pap smear scares me as well.
red101: the pap smear scares me as well.

Please go back. It is uncomfortable but necessary. EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES. It is necessary for every woman, It saved my life just a few months ago. Pap smear is uncomfortable but cervical cancer is worse, the discomfort and pain is *1000000.
Please go and get it done. Every woman should get one, PLEASE, am on my knees begging my fellow sisters, please go get your pap smear the discomfort is for an hour or less, Abeg please, in Gods name. Cervical cancer hardly presents till late stage 3 and 4, most of the symptoms seem like normal issues women go through so we ignore it till its too late
Re: To The Ladies In The House by cococandy(f): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2014
Is it true that it's not necessary for women under 25?
aisha2:

Please go back. It is uncomfortable but necessary. EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES. It is necessary for every woman, It saved my life just a few months ago. Pap smear is uncomfortable but cervical cancer is worse, the discomfort and pain is *1000000.
Please go and get it done. Every woman should get one, PLEASE, am on my knees begging my fellow sisters, please go get your pap smear the discomfort is for an hour or less, Abeg please, in Gods name. Cervical cancer hardly presents till late stage 3 and 4, most of the symptoms seem like normal issues women go through so we ignore it till its too late

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Depressed And Keep Thinking About Dieing / Spirit Husbands And Spirit Wives / Distress sale: Baby cot for 8k. Selling to buy food stuff.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.