Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

I Am Strong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Strong (3293 Views)

How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings / I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom / Lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Strong by greens(m): 3:55am On Dec 17, 2015
I actually don't know where to start but I am disturbed. As I am typing this I am having a persistent headache. It is somehow complicated to explain. Though I feel it is inborn but a whole lot triggered it even when I was in teen.
I recently visited health center for this reason where I was referred to the human behavioural department.
I was to take a drug called Setraline for a year. Yet, I stopped half way. I still see suicide as the best solution. It is just one time solution.

I have a good wife who have been the only reason why I think I should live. I keep thinking how she will feel if that happens to me.
Plenty things going on in my mind as it has always been.
I don't even know if I need counseling, help, assistant.
I just feel bad for my condition

1 Like

Re: I Am Strong by NosoChic: 4:00am On Dec 17, 2015
Please channel your energy to that which gives you happiness. I have come to realise that indeed happiness is a choice.

Why don't you imagine how beautiful it will be to raise a child with your good wife, or even proving to yourself that you can make it against all odds.

10 Likes

Re: I Am Strong by Gmajor(m): 4:10am On Dec 17, 2015
you are probably having clinical depression. Go back to your drugs. or better still ask your Dr to prescribe a stronger anti depressants.
Also be strong in prayers, you have a lot to live for.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Strong by Miami11: 4:13am On Dec 17, 2015
Find out why you are depressed, are you jobless? Are you an underachiever, are you lonely? what makes you not want to live, they got to be a reason

I think sertaline is an antidepressant, those medications give you suicide ideologies

Try to talk to a counsellor or a pastor.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Strong by Pidggin(f): 4:54am On Dec 17, 2015
greens:
I actually don't know where to start but I am disturbed. As I am typing this I am having a persistent headache. It is somehow complicated to explain. Though I feel it is inborn but a whole lot triggered it even when I was in teen.
I recently visited health center for this reason where I was referred to the human behavioural department.
I was to take a drug called Setraline for a year. Yet, I stopped half way. I still see suicide as the best solution. It is just one time solution.
I also feel I should punish some people by committing suicide.

I have a good wife who have been the only reason why I think I should live. I keep thinking how she will feel if that happens to me.

If you are a Christian, read your Bible regularly, it will help.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Strong by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 17, 2015
I take Sertraline (it's been a year and a half now) I take it once a week now and my life is so much better. I never suffered from suicidal thoughts but my gp told me to keep a check on that.

It is important to take professional counseling along side antidepressants because depression and anxiety are the symptoms, the by product of internal turmoil.

Killing yourself won't help anyone what you need is medical attention. I don't know why you stopped your meds halfway, that is very dangerous! This is probably withdrawals or side effect of stopping suddenly. You can't do that see you need to ween yourself off.

This is real life. I can't entertain this selfish self pity party you call suicide. If it wasn't a cry for help you wouldn't be here. It's a new year so try something new. YouTube is your friend. Change your thoughts and your feeling will change. You can do this...

kiss

greens:

12 Likes

Re: I Am Strong by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 17, 2015
NosoChic:
Please channel your energy to that which gives you happiness. I have come to realise that indeed happiness is a choice.

Why don't you imagine how beautiful it will be to raise a child with your good wife, or even proving to yourself that you can make it against all odds.

Happiness really is a choice, a state of mind undecided

That was so empowering once I acknowledged this fact.

We are what we think about so think happy thoughts, as lame as it may sound, you need to control your thoughts that is where the problem lays.
Re: I Am Strong by Prevho: 5:43am On Dec 17, 2015
You are scared of something and until you face it head on, you will always feel that way.

I once felt that way, I did not take any drug. I had everything but I was always unhappy.

What I did was, I learnt to appreciate the beautiful things and people in my life and stopped feeling sorry for myself.

I noticed I was disconnected with the world and you might be too, start with your wife and appreciate her goodness.

The bottom line is you are not happy, analyse your life, the issue disturbing you might be from when you were 10years old.
Re: I Am Strong by okenwa(m): 6:03am On Dec 17, 2015
Visit SCON
Re: I Am Strong by bqlekan(m): 6:56am On Dec 17, 2015
I heard someone say "Never lie to a jumper" else, you might see him on the ledge some other time..

All I can say to you is 'If you believe you have nothing else to live for, I mean your kid's smile, (when you eventually have one) your wife, your family etc.. Just go ahead and commit suicide..
Re: I Am Strong by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 17, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Strong by thorpido(m): 7:15am On Dec 17, 2015
greens:

Instead of thinking of punishing some people by committing suicide,why don't you think of helping some people,making some people happy.
You've got something in you no matter how small that someone can benefit from.

Go back to taking your drugs.If there is a need,your doctor will try to wean you off it.You can't just stop abruptly.Try and get access to a clinical psychologist too for counselling.
Re: I Am Strong by Cutehector(m): 7:29am On Dec 17, 2015
Go on a vacation to brazil.... cheesy thank me later
Re: I Am Strong by Richy4(m): 7:57am On Dec 17, 2015
Just think about the only person or persons that will feel the pain if you exit out of this world.

Is it worth it? Putting the person(s) in so much pain? and you claimed you love them?

I saw your write up about punishing some people by committing suicide, Let me make it clearer to you, They will only feel sad two times. the day they heard of your passing and the day of the burial ie at the grave side. no more no less. and life will continue as normal. Infact On the day of the burial, they will eat as if food is running out of fashion. all kinds of food will be prepared including the ones you have not tasted before...... So why give them the satisfaction?

I suggest you go back to your pill and make your loved ones happy.......
Do those things that always make you happy and owe no one an apology for it. if you like travelling, pack your bag and move around the world. if you like visiting the zoo or museum, go for it..... If you like writing, create a space in your apartment and turn it to a study room..
Good luck

3 Likes

Re: I Am Strong by greens(m): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2015
Miami11:
Find out why you are depressed, are you jobless? Are you an underachiever, are you lonely? what makes you not want to live, they got to be a reason

I think sertaline is an antidepressant, those medications give you suicide ideologies

Try to talk to a counsellor or a pastor.
Honestly jt has to do with one or 2 of this things. But I also want to state that even as a teenager, I battle with this feeling for long.
The reality is that, small thing triggers it.
Re: I Am Strong by greens(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2015
Nubian113:
I [b]take Sertraline (it's been a year and a half now) I take it once a week now and my life is so much better. [/b]I never suffered from suicidal thoughts but my gp told me to keep a check on that.

It is important to take professional counseling along side antidepressants because depression and anxiety are the symptoms, the by product of internal turmoil.

Killing yourself won't help anyone what you need is medical attention. I don't know why you stopped your meds halfway, that is very dangerous! This is probably withdrawals or side effect of stopping suddenly. You can't do that see you need to ween yourself off.

This is real life. I can't entertain this selfish self pity party you call suicide. If it wasn't a cry for help you wouldn't be here. It's a new year so try something new. YouTube is your friend. Change your thoughts and your feeling will change. You can do this...

kiss

I have to take it everyday. But I also reported back to the doctors at intervals. But I only have the feelings that my mood changed after 3 months of taking the drug. But after that, no more changes. I really wanted something quick to happen. But I assumed these doctors are not doing enough.
Re: I Am Strong by just2okworld(f): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2015
Please move closer to God,he's the only HELP in times of trouble!
Re: I Am Strong by jashar(f): 11:11am On Dec 17, 2015
who has committing suicide helped? Why would a person suffer on earth and also want to suffer in eternity?

Bros, biko, don't do it. With the help of a professional, find the root cause of the depression and deal with it.

May you find the peace only Christ gives.

Amen. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am Strong by nnamdiosu(m): 11:31am On Dec 17, 2015
greens:

quickly go to this link
www.nairaland.com/1347408/feeling-suicidal-come-here-first

then note that if u kill ur self life still goes on for us here, u suffer forever in hell,
you will always regret y u did it in hell,
people will come to ur funeral and eat rice and drink coke,
Nigeria will continue,
ur beautiful wife will cry and suffer Becos of you,
God will feel soooo bad,
I will feel bad too for you that u made me waste my mb advising u meanwhile u still killed ur self

life is hard for everyone, but strong men stay harder. God loves u. still does
pm me if u change ur mind pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Strong by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
greens:

I have to take it everyday. But I also reported back to the doctors at intervals. But I only have the feelings that my mood changed after 3 months of taking the drug. But after that, no more changes. I really wanted something quick to happen. But I assumed these doctors are not doing enough.

Mental health is no quick fix hun. I told you it took me 1&1/2 years to recover and that's minus suicidal thoughts and sticking to dosage daily.
Re: I Am Strong by greens(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nubian113:

Mental health is no quick fix hun. I told you it took me 1&1/2 years to recover and that's minus suicidal thoughts and sticking to dosage daily.
So sad. Every day for a whole year.
Re: I Am Strong by GboyegaD(m): 5:22am On Dec 18, 2015
Prevho:
You are scared of something and until you face it head on, you will always feel that way.

I once felt that way, I did not take any drug. I had everything but I was always unhappy.

What I did was, I learnt to appreciate the beautiful things and people in my life and stopped feeling sorry for myself.

I noticed I was disconnected with the world and you might be too, start with your wife and appreciate her goodness.

The bottom line is you are not happy, analyse your life, the issue disturbing you might be from when you were 10years old.

Many people are facing similar challenges because we have made counselling lot difficult. Until those issues are addressed, one might not get that satisfaction one strives for.
Re: I Am Strong by timilehing(m): 6:15am On Dec 18, 2015
Live for your wife
Re: I Am Strong by Ayt27(m): 7:42am On Dec 18, 2015
greens:

We all struggle with our own turbulence on the inside and it kills us quite so often.

Suicide is for cowards, you are not a coward for sharing your experience. You are not going to punish anybody if you kill your self, time will pass and you will be FORGOTTEN that's d plain truth. You'll only punish your wife that you claim is good (emotional trauma).

My advice, continue your medication,do things that make you happy, watch comedies, make your wife happy and do selfless acts.

I hope you find peace
Re: I Am Strong by Chubhie: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2015
Dear greens, I wish to understand you. I wish you could take some time and type out all it feels like to be greens.

I'm not a fan in using drugs to numb how you feel. Talk to your home boy.
Re: I Am Strong by greens(m): 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
timilehing:
Live for your wife
Major concern
Re: I Am Strong by Miami11: 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
Greens just pour out your heart here, talk to us about what's bothering you, you will be surprised you are not alone,

You can open an anonymous moniker, let us be able to help you

I just hate depression, chronic depression leads to other severe mental illness.
Re: I Am Strong by Pidggin(f): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
OP, rebuke the devil and he shall flee from you
Re: I Am Strong by greens(m): 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
Miami11:
Greens just pour out your heart here, talk to us about what's bothering you, you will be surprised you are not alone,

I just hate depression, chronic depression leads to other severe mental illness.
I am willing to do that. But it has to be a long story dated back to about 20 years ago, thus making it complicated.
Re: I Am Strong by MARKone(m): 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
People have advised you rightly on how to handle the situation you are passing through, it is only temporal my brother. You are married, and according to you, your wife is what is keeping you sane now, my brother be grateful, love her more. Some do not have anybody, anything to live for, but they are alive and kicking, believing in God with faith that tomorrow will be better than today and yesterday. Take a visit to any teaching hospital, go to the accident unit, go to cancer unit, visit prisons, motherless homes, visit neurological centers, then you will appreciate why you need to live, forget what you've been through, continue your meds and keep living, for you, for your wife and kids yet unborn. A lot of people pass through worse things you are experiencing. I sence this sincerity in your write up, suicide is not the way out, it should not even be an option. Pray my brother, Pray that God will see you and your wife through.
Re: I Am Strong by greens(m): 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
MARKone:
People have advised you rightly on how to handle the situation you are passing through, it is only temporal my brother. You are married, and according to you, your wife is what is keeping you sane now, my brother be grateful, love her more. Some do not have anybody, anything to live for, but they are alive and kicking, believing in God with faith that tomorrow will be better than today and yesterday. Ta[b]ke a visit to any teaching hospital, go to the accident unit, go to cancer unit, visit prisons, motherless homes, visit neurological centers, then you will appreciate why you need to live[/b], forget what you've been through, continue your meds and keep living, for you, for your wife and kids yet unborn. A lot of people pass through worse things you are experiencing. I sence this sincerity in your write up, suicide is not the way out, it should not even be an option. Pray my brother, Pray that God will see you and your wife through.

A wise one. Thank you
Re: I Am Strong by greens(m): 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
Miami11:

Honestly this is part of the problem. I which I can have someone who will under everything I say. I have kept a lot of things with me in this life because there is no one to say things to.
There is always this feeling that they won't understand. And truely, they don't

(1) (2) (Reply)

[photo]16 Girls Get Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated In A Swimming Pool / Is She Wicked Or Ungrateful ? / Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.