Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews (32015 Views)

In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers / Age Discrimination In The Nigerian Job Market / Maths Or Economics: Which Is Better For Nigerian Job Market? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Omomehn: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
Even when u tell them truth, they still take them as lies. They just go 4 d smoothest liar at the end of d day. Well, even business men lie, contractors lie, politicians lie, u lie(d reader), infact even my post has some elements of lie in it.
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by nickz(m): 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
hmmm
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
Absolute cracker!!! More please.
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Beesluv: 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Emperortj93: Nothing to comment for now
forgive ma insensitivity, but i gat a feeling dat dis will grace frontpage and i want to achieve something I've being trying very very hard to achieved here on nairaland
Again i will say forgive ma insensitivity
thanks

Congrats
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Zehner(f): 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
My dear, Wetin man go do.... Bottom line is to be in d good books of the interviewers even if one needs to lie embarassed, No b our fault o! It's called survival of the fittest. grin
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by kudoxs(m): 9:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
How about this '' I wouldn't mind working for free''
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by holyboss: 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hmm! I call those necessary lies.. grin

Plus

When is nairaland recruiting mods
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Liability(m): 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
hmmm...strange
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by shadowwalker101: 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
so true
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by 3kay945(m): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
Funny.. People enjoyed lying about their age and experience.
Question : why do you want to leave your current job for this?
Answer: Because this company/organization pay more than my current job. grin cool
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
I never thought Jarus could be this funny.
I remb this interview that I was told to rate my ability to use Microsoft tools. Nnah eh, I was just shouting 10 over 10 not knowing the PC infront of me was to prove it.
Interview that lasted over an hour, just entry level o.

5 Likes

Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by bayulll01(m): 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
pathetic suraj that's what u are,u totally missed it this time,a guy seeking for a job says all these during interview he got recruited so what's the big deal and if he refuse to say it u says Nigerian graduate are not employable so what's the point of ur stuuupid post ehhan
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
bayulll01: pathetic suraj that's what u are,u totally missed it this time,a guy seeking for a job says all these during interview he got recruited so what's the big deal and if he refuse to say it u says Nigerian graduate are not employable so what's the point of ur stuuupid post ehhan

To make front page is the point.
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Olusanya333(m): 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
So make i dey cry?
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Anthoxodogu(m): 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
If u nor lie, u won't get d Job. So I don't blame doz dat lie @ interview
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by JEITO: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
This thread reminds me of frank donga grin grin
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
And the then the lies continues....Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimum or no supervision, goal oriented, excellent use of initiative, interpersonal and analytical skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, strong team player, meticulous and given to details

1 Like

Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by ojochidem(m): 10:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
I can work under pressure
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by louiskay(m): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
Abeg is it a GO-getter oR GOAL - gEtter just askin oo--oo
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by oluwanoni: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
Just mix and match....be a little unique and be THE employee they ar looking for during the interview. wink
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by saintandsinnerz: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
louiskay: Abeg is it a GO-getter oR GOAL - gEtter just askin oo--oo

It is a go-getter

2 Likes

Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by 2nex(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
...d interviewer n d interviewee
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Bright2(m): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
If lies are not necessary why then did some people study law( lawyer )?

1 Like

Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by eunisam: 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
i haven't been to job interview for once. When i get to that bridge,i will know what to do such as,long jump,diving,swimming or even flying.
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by alotofgrace(m): 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
whats the cause?
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by Wasquad(m): 11:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
I was bursted..... A company I sent my CV to forwarded it to a recruiting agent for screening and I ave already submited one with tthe recruiting firm. So I was called up..thinking it was d recruiting firm, I went with my real Age. During the interview, was asked to present my CV I did.. Aou old r u? Said my real Age..he looked at..wat age did u start Primary school I answered....he looked at me... He showed me the Age the company I sent mai reduced age sent to dem... I no fit enta chair.... I jst begged say na d situation of the country. E no funny ooooooooo

7 Likes

Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by vislabraye(m): 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
Jarus: It is very difficult to be 100% truthful in interviews – if not lie, there is a very strong urge to embellishes – exaggerate or understate - actuals.

However, this is not to say everyone lies or embellish in interviews. I once coached a young man for an interview who really impressed me. We were trying to anticipate how he will handle the question, has there been a time you led a team to success, or something like that. He couldn’t give an example, and he said many of his friends who had sat for that interview told him he better craft one. He said it was just difficult for him to lie – his body language alone will be enough to give him away on the spot as lying. He said he will stutter, shake and easily confuse things. I commended him, and advised him that he should stick to his principle, that there is nothing like saying the truth. He got that job.

That said, while lying in interview is wrong, there is nothing wrong in packaging what is true to look glossier.

So, here we go. Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell:

◾I am multi-tasking - Hmmnnn, even when the guy cannot handle two assignments at the same time.

◾I love challenges – Really? The last candidate also said that. In fact, everyone I have interviewed today said that. So you all love challenges? No one hates challenges

◾I was born in 1991 - Hahaha, Alhaji. More than half of Nigerian job seekers, especially at entry level, use “football age”. Even with those moustache.

◾I plan to grow with this company: Serious? Even if Shell comes with mega offer next week? Chai, there is God o.

◾I have always wanted to work for this company: Even if the guy has never heard about the company before that advert was published.

◾You (the interviewing company) are one of the market leaders: Aba market or which market? Where is your source? Where are the stats? Even the recruiter knows you’re flattering him.

◾I am trying to work on my weakness: So that your sister you slapped on the interview morning was an error. What of that stick you smoked at the corner the night before? Okay, how about that woman you cursed in traffic on your way to interview venue? So much for working on weakness.

◾Pay is not my motivation: Really? Even after opening thread on Nairaland asking how much the company pays. God is watching you o.

◾I am a team player: Every Nigerian job seeker is a team player. No one is a loafer.

◾I quit my former company voluntarily so as to gather further experience: Just ensure the HR Manager of your last company does not hear that.

◾I am a go-getter: Ask the guy the meaning of “go-getter” and don’t be surprised he doesn’t even know the meaning.

◾I pay strong attention to details: Only that this quality was on holiday when you were preparing your CV. Because the CV in front of me – with all the errors and inconsistencies in fonts – says opposite.

Any other one I have missed?

http://www.jarushub.com/top-12-lies-nigerian-job-seekers-tell-in-job-interviews/

My brother, wetin person go put again nah !! In fact all these job wahala and interviewers air of superiority dey taya person. Best is to be self emeployed. Even companies wey go pay you small money go drill you with questions as if dem dey probe you.

Na wa Oh.
Re: Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews by horlabiyi(m): 11:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
OMG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Be A Banker - A Bank's Stakeholder / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please / Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.