Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola (33807 Views)

Avoid These 20 English Words When In Other Countries / Nigeria Suspends Gambian National Airline Over Ebola Virus / Uncharged Cellphones Banned On US Flights From Africa And Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Btruth: 6:28am On Aug 02, 2014
SexyFox: Why ban Nigeria when there is not a serious case of Ebola here?
Don't mind them. They want to start something they cannot finish, I think we still have enough "Ghana must go bags" for the remaining Ghananians here in Nigeria.
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 02, 2014
This Is an act of war...how dare they drag the name of my Country in the mud..
Do they think they can effectively contain Ebola n Boko haram at the same time..
Who are they ..
What do they think they are

As for the Ebola dem go get am shey their population n Lagos na d same thing..
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Batman123: 7:28am On Aug 02, 2014
mbatuku2:

That's called intellectual laziness. You dont know the actual situation, you get your facts right before slamming such a big ban. You crumble economic activities because of some unproven, non-existent fear? Makes no sense absolutely!
That's not called intellectual laziness. They are just trying to do whats best for its citizens. If your government did the same i doubt that liberian would have even made it to Nigeria. I would rather our government take extra precaution until they are 100 percent certain that Ebola is not in Nigeria. Then let the disease come into our country and screw us all over. Prevention is better then cure. We Ghanaians are not complaining about it so don't know why it should be a headache for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2014
Batman123: That's not called intellectual laziness. They are just trying to do whats best for its citizens. If your government did the same i doubt that liberian would have even made it to Nigeria. I would rather our government take extra precaution until they are 100 percent certain that Ebola is not in Nigeria. Then let the disease come into our country and screw us all over. Prevention is better then cure. We Ghanaians are not complaining about it so don't know why it should be a headache for you guys.

does it not worry you that you are the only foolish country to include Nigeria in a flight ban? THE uk should have been the first.

Your double standards are so annoying. Was it not recently you placed a ban on Liberia and Sierra Leone? Why diem you do it before now and you expected Nigeria to have done what you didn't do yourself. Talk of hypocrisy!
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by chibuzz89: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2014
buzzmania: Hahahaa!Did you just say nigeria should sanction Ghana?OMG!What wont i read on this forum.Dude,is this suppose to be a joke or what.Seriously cant fathom this height of delusion.

Then go ask your president why he keeps begging nigeria president to allow a universal trade system in west Africa after our emergence as 1 in African economy...do you really know the meaning of sanction?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by guttentag(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2014
No be USA OR GERMANY but GHANA, chaiii, Nigeria don DIE ooOO !
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Ela59: 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
They started the war, they can't end. Their OGA @ D TOP(south Africa tried it, Zuma boarded the next flight to Naija) Jona, pls, use that calm and dump principle to wipe their yansh.
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by segunaremu6gma: 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
dis is a very crazy and stupid step taken by the Ghanian.... first of all the Liberian DAT dead in Lagos had a stop over in Ghana according to the manifest...and apart from him ....no other case as been recorded in Nigeria... USA, Britain etc have not ban us so who cares....who suffers most....we av d largest economy.....ao many people travel to Ghana from Nigeria by air compare to other developed countries.... Ghana should better beware....they av higher risk of contracting d disease to Nigeria cos dey are closer to those countries.... der borders.. etc
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Hemanwel(m): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
If there's any country/people in the world that's
praying for Ebola haemorrhagic fever pandemic to
end in Nigeria,it's definitely
not Ghana/Ghanaians.
They always feel satisfied/comfortable/
happy to hear bad news emanate from
Nigeria.
But,I have one good news for Ghanaians:
Whether you have 24/7 power supply or not;
whether you got independence in 1957 or
earlier,
NIGERIA IS RICHER THAN GHANA; LAGOS
STATE GOVT CAN FEED THE WHOLE OF
GHANA!!!
John Dramani Mahama(President of
Ghana) can be likened to or in the same category with Fashola
(GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE) and NEVER
President Goodluck Jonathan!!! ( Abi e
easy to rule 36 Ghana)??
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by fidzy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
So students schooling there that are to return this Aug can't continue? Without nigerians in that country their economy wld follow Zimbabwe pattern
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
tsolz84: Ghana is in the league of liberia,Gambia and sierra leone.Did u do proportionality in school?The population of ghana is just 25million...u are 2nd highest exporters of cocoa in africa and 2nd highest exporters of gold aswell...U have crude-oil,and some other resources...with all this, u shuld be the number 1 in africa-economically. I.e if truely u've got true political system.The fact is that your govt have eaten you blind that u dnt knw...yea, in naija there is serious curruptions, we dnt hide it,but you guys are so hypocritic that u claim everytin is wel,whereas if we wanna go by statistics,u shuld be miles away 4m ya present position..oga naija is 200million, proportionally, u got more resources than us..

This is what I always tell these Ghanaians who think their country is ''doing well''. They are so ignorant. Their leaders have stolen them blind, and then hypnotized them with this illusion that they are incorruptible saints. Look at Ghana. Only 25 million people. Less than the population of Lagos. Second in gold production only to South Africa. Top producer of cocoa in Africa. Now an oil and gas producer. Yet outside Accra there is nothing. The villages are still very backward with no electricity. Poverty is rife. I mean what have they done with all their money? At least Nigeria can point to a huge population of 175 million people to feed, clothe, house, and educate, and say they need more time. What the hell is Ghana's excuse? They should be like UAE, instead they are here saying they are ''better than Nigeria''. And they're not. Nigeria has a middle class of nearly 80 million people ie roughly 4 times their entire population. We have more poor people because we are also a developing country but with a huge population. India has more poor people than Ghana. Does that mean Ghana is better than India? I don't think so... So generally Ghana is a huge disappointment, and i suspect this latest act of buffoonery by their leadership will soon return to bite them in the butt.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by joshuaidibia(m): 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
SexyFox: Why ban Nigeria when there is not a serious case of Ebola here?
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by hiuser(m): 10:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
'bans'! maybe you can enter this topic;
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by jteku(m): 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
We Nigeria's have taken our selves so low to the extent that common Ghana ban our flight
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by adeogunoga(m): 2:40am On Aug 03, 2014
Conversation between AIDS
and
EBOLA VIRUS...
Aids:Hey baby girl! Glad to have
you
here in Nigeria.
Ebola:Thankx boss. How has
your
mission been? Aids:Has been
very much
successful,but just a couple of
impediments I ve encountere
since
the introduction of
condom and a few other
contraceptives. .... Ebola:Really!
AIDS: Yea! That not
withstanding, i'm still making
impact
enormously.
Ebola : Kudos boss! More
grease
your elbow. Aids: Thanks baby
sharwarma.Hope you've set
down
good strategies for the
achievement of your quest?
Ebola:Yes of course! I'm no
dumb
head! Infact, a victim of mine
died recently.
Aids: Like seriously! That's
awesome...
So tell me more.....
Ebola: The issue here, is that
i'm
trying to bring the popular
saying "there's love in
sharing" into play. Nigerian
bats
and apes have decried
the constant share of their
meats by
bush meat lovers;
without partaking in their
problems
as well. So,my aim is
to balance the equation
and erase partiality.
Aids : Waoh! That's good. So
what actually
motivated
your migration into Nigeria?
Ebola: During my intensive
survey, I
discovered that so
much of Nigerians enjoy
munching
bush meat,and for that,I ve
come to make
them
also, partakers of me as well!
As u know,"DIARIS LOVE IN
SHARING".
Aids: So, who is free from your
TENTACLES? Ebola: Those who
desist
fromconsuming bush
meats;especiall y monkeys
and bats
have less possibilities of
contacting
me.
Aids: I discovered that
you'remore
powerful and
contagious than I do. What's
the
secret?
Ebola: (blushing)..... O yea!
Well,the
secret is the
incessant complaints tabled by
monkeys
and bats.
Their complaints have made
me so
furious. I've made it a
point of
duty to move into anybody
who
comes in contact with those I
ve affected.
Aids: Hmm! You're really
awesome!
Can we hang out
sometime?
Ebola: (smiling)Stop flattering
me
boss! Will be on my way
now. I've got someone to
inflict somewhere...... About
the
hang out,I will give it a
thought(winks).
Aids: Alright. Take care and
good luck my
Rosalito
Pepperto.
Ebola: Thanks boss!!
Funny!!! Right!!! But very
serious........ .
Well,brothers and sisters,avoid
bush meat
and other meat
that is said to have the disease,
make a wide research
about the virus in other not to
caught upon,be vigilant,so
you don't fall a victim...... Pray
without
season and
ceasing.
We shall only hear of it,but it
will not
befall anyone of us in
Jesus Name.
If you have time Kindly type
AMEN

Hmmmm dis stupid country wey call dem self ghanamostgo na wen wonna open eye sef i can till remember wen wonna dey sell ghana bread for here in 9ja dey polish our shoes will not be mate for any thing i swear if na ghana boko haram dey i swear wonna no fit last 5hours be for d all ghana go finish all the ghanaian wey dey NL dey vex bcuz 9ja men dey chop their women like sweet only ikeja boys go feed d all ghana
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Fernandinho: 10:18am On Aug 03, 2014
Did they close their boarders too?
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by buzzmania(m): 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
chibuzz89:

Then go ask your president why he keeps begging nigeria president to allow a universal trade system in west Africa after our emergence as 1 in African economy...do you really know the meaning of sanction?
Already there's a restriction on trade cos you're scared of competition.Aside that there's absolutely nothing your weakling of a president can do.Anyway,we have nothing to loose so you try any shiit that you wish.
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by buzzmania(m): 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
adeogunoga: Conversation between AIDS
and
EBOLA VIRUS...
Aids:Hey baby girl! Glad to have
you
here in Nigeria.
Ebola:Thankx boss. How has
your
mission been? Aids:Has been
very much
successful,but just a couple of
impediments I ve encountere
since
the introduction of
condom and a few other
contraceptives. .... Ebola:Really!
AIDS: Yea! That not
withstanding, i'm still making
impact
enormously.
Ebola : Kudos boss! More
grease
your elbow. Aids: Thanks baby
sharwarma.Hope you've set
down
good strategies for the
achievement of your quest?
Ebola:Yes of course! I'm no
dumb
head! Infact, a victim of mine
died recently.
Aids: Like seriously! That's
awesome...
So tell me more.....
Ebola: The issue here, is that
i'm
trying to bring the popular
saying "there's love in
sharing" into play. Nigerian
bats
and apes have decried
the constant share of their
meats by
bush meat lovers;
without partaking in their
problems
as well. So,my aim is
to balance the equation
and erase partiality.
Aids : Waoh! That's good. So
what actually
motivated
your migration into Nigeria?
Ebola: During my intensive
survey, I
discovered that so
much of Nigerians enjoy
munching
bush meat,and for that,I ve
come to make
them
also, partakers of me as well!
As u know,"DIARIS LOVE IN
SHARING".
Aids: So, who is free from your
TENTACLES? Ebola: Those who
desist
fromconsuming bush
meats;especiall y monkeys
and bats
have less possibilities of
contacting
me.
Aids: I discovered that
you'remore
powerful and
contagious than I do. What's
the
secret?
Ebola: (blushing)..... O yea!
Well,the
secret is the
incessant complaints tabled by
monkeys
and bats.
Their complaints have made
me so
furious. I've made it a
point of
duty to move into anybody
who
comes in contact with those I
ve affected.
Aids: Hmm! You're really
awesome!
Can we hang out
sometime?
Ebola: (smiling)Stop flattering
me
boss! Will be on my way
now. I've got someone to
inflict somewhere...... About
the
hang out,I will give it a
thought(winks).
Aids: Alright. Take care and
good luck my
Rosalito
Pepperto.
Ebola: Thanks boss!!
Funny!!! Right!!! But very
serious........ .
Well,brothers and sisters,avoid
bush meat
and other meat
that is said to have the disease,
make a wide research
about the virus in other not to
caught upon,be vigilant,so
you don't fall a victim...... Pray
without
season and
ceasing.
We shall only hear of it,but it
will not
befall anyone of us in
Jesus Name.
If you have time Kindly type
AMEN

Hmmmm dis stupid country wey call dem self ghanamostgo na wen wonna open eye sef i can till remember wen wonna dey sell ghana bread for here in 9ja dey polish our shoes will not be mate for any thing i swear if na ghana boko haram dey i swear wonna no fit last 5hours be for d all ghana go finish all the ghanaian wey dey NL dey vex bcuz 9ja men dey chop their women like sweet only ikeja boys go feed d all ghana
HAHA!I can see you are so pained your useless nation always waits on Ghana to lead the way.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by chibuzz89: 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
buzzmania: Already there's a restriction on trade cos you're scared of competition.Aside that there's absolutely nothing your weakling of a president can do.Anyway,we have nothing to loose so you try any shiit that you wish.

hahahaha....now you're so foolish....read ur bizarre comment again...am sure you know nothing about economics....go back to school son....you compare Nigeria to Ghana in trades...hahahahaha....arrant rubbish...competition from ghana...comparing a lizard to a crocodile.
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Kelewele(m): 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
chibuzz89:

hahahaha....now you're so foolish....read ur bizarre comment again...am sure you know nothing about economics....go back to school son....you compare Nigeria to Ghana in trades...hahahahaha....arrant rubbish...competition from ghana...comparing a lizard to a crocodile.
I guess you are the lizard then.Afterall you couldn't highlight any tangible point yet claim to be economist.You're just shallow brained.Go to HELL!
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by chibuzz89: 11:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Kelewele: I guess you are the lizard then.Afterall you couldn't highlight any tangible point yet claim to be economist.You're just shallow brained.Go to HELL!

Funny boy...my dear you don't have to argue foolishly and blindly to make your mother land proud...it doesn't make you a better ambassador but only shows how ignorant you are....argue wisely...you want me to highlight tangible points in comparisons of both countries trades....another example boy.....comparing ghana to nigeria in trades is like comparing the US to mexico.....go compare ghana to Benin rep,zambia,mali...not the giant of Africa....last I checked,ghana was number 8 in africa....thus making you guys sactionable by Africans power house..beat my facts boy

1 Like

Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by adeogunoga(m): 11:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
ahahahah see that small shop called ghana you no won respect your big brodas the GIANT of Africa even UK and US not fit disrespect 9ja our 2 musicians wizkid and davido will feed the entire ghana you fools grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by chibuzz89: 11:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
buzzmania: Fvck off dude you make no sense really.Your nation is nothing but a vast shiithole.You better stop that sanction crap before we send you lots outta here.

I only hope your president can say this about nigeria like you do..youre only saying it cos you're insignificant...let mahamas and co grow some balls and say this rather than begging GEJ for a joint trade.....ghana remains nigeria apprentice..nigeria still colonising ghana till date....i wonder what ghana can achieve without us...bunch of ingrates
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola by Kelewele(m): 12:11am On Aug 04, 2014
chibuzz89:

Funny boy...my dear you don't have to argue foolishly and blindly to make your mother land proud...it doesn't make you a better ambassador but only shows how ignorant you are....argue wisely...you want me to highlight tangible points in comparisons of both countries trades....another example boy.....comparing ghana to nigeria in trades is like comparing the US to mexico.....go compare ghana to Benin rep,zambia,mali...not the giant of Africa....last I checked,ghana was number 8 in africa....thus making you guys sactionable by Africans power house..beat my facts boy
Keep living in delusion while reality makes mockery of you.If you have any sanctions tell that to bokoharam cos they need it most to curtail them from killing you like xmas chicken.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

U.S. Imposes Visa Restrictions On Ghana / Terrible Accident In Nyanya Abuja, Many Passengers Killed (Graphic Photos) / Ogun tops list of South African returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.