Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Infinix zero discussion thread! - Phones (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix zero discussion thread! (571830 Views)

Innjoo Leap 2 Discussion Thread / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (249) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by stephenponti(m): 8:12pm On May 19, 2015
Deolaw:

Hi. I just broke mine too. I am worried. I have some very important docs on it. Please, is the screen available now? Again how much were you charged. I got mine in Dec and also still have the receipt.

My screen cracked I took it to Carl care with the purchase receipt and packet. I was told to come pick it up in 7days, I went ahead on the 7th day and got the phone screen fixed and just like new. You can also do the same as I did
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by walex1991(m): 10:13am On May 20, 2015
stephenponti:

My screen cracked I took it to Carl care with the purchase receipt and packet. I was told to come pick it up in 7days, I went ahead on the 7th day and got the phone screen fixed and just like new. You can also do the same as I did
well not everyone is lucky...had 2 wait 3months 2 get d screen fixed at d same carlcare
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Carlcaresophia: 8:29am On May 21, 2015
zicobass11:
please wia r d ppl representing tecno Carl care here, u need to tell us when d infinix zero accessories will b available. cos my screen is broken and I need to replace it too.tanx
Hi! You need to counsel with our local Carlcare Service Center about the materials. Or you can try to leave your number to our service center and ask our colleagues to call you once the screen is available. Thank you!
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by smeloansnigeria: 11:19am On May 21, 2015
walex1991:
well not everyone is lucky...had 2 wait 3months 2 get d screen fixed at d same carlcare
. the people in ur local carlcare centre dont even kne when the materials will be available
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by zicobass11: 4:30pm On May 21, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
Hi! You need to counsel with our local Carlcare Service Center about the materials. Or you can try to leave your number to our service center and ask our colleagues to call you once the screen is available. Thank you!
the people in ur local carlcare centre dont even
kne when the materials will be available
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by immanuello(m): 1:39am On May 22, 2015
Greetings!!!
please how do i refuse "automatic call picking" set by me to my phone but i want to remove it now but it seems,no way to remove it based of my opinion.pls help.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by leTrizzle: 7:25am On May 22, 2015
My screen just popped right before my eyes this morning and continued cracking even while i watched.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 8:24am On May 22, 2015
leTrizzle:
My screen just popped right before my eyes this morning and continued cracking even while i watched.

just like that?
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Carlcaresophia: 10:44am On May 22, 2015
hay2zed50:
The glass of My Zero got cracked and it's affecting the screen reception, and I've been to carl care (Opebi) and I was told the screen was not available, that I should keep calling and checking , and I've been calling and checking for over 3 Months now with the same answer that it's not available yet. and Infinix is also not helping matters, no one has been replying my posts all this while, I finally was told the screen is now available at Opebi's branch last week. Well, after dropping the phone there last week with required formalities, I was told to come back this week friday(Today) to collect it, only to get get there and be told the materials are not available again, what else can one do ? I await your reply and help, thanks
Hi! We're very sorry to learn this kind of problem, could you pls tell us your phone number and work order number, so that we can pass the information to our colleagues to check the details? Thank you!
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Carlcaresophia: 10:59am On May 22, 2015
cerzo:
i thnk dat my infinix zero problem is battery..mine i guess is dat d battery is too weak to charge...i need a battery
Hi! If there's any thing wrong with your battery, you can take it, along with your phone, to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues to check it for you. If you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and state you're living in now. Thank you!
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by leTrizzle: 11:22am On May 22, 2015
emrain:

just like that?

Yep, wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there when it happened.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 22, 2015
leTrizzle:
Yep, wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there when it happened.
and there's no video record of the event? or at least a picture?
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by therealesttin(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2015
If you’re having second thoughts about buying an Infinix device with Android Kitkat simply because you are waiting for the delayed software updates to Lollipop, then you are currently missing out on a lot.
Latest versions of Infinix phones are based on Android 4.4 KitKat. Although the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop only runs on a miniscule number of smartphones right now, it is natural for any potential smartphone buyer to expect it in their new handset. But then we did a quick feature comparison and jotted down things that you’ll be missing out and not missing out if you buy an Infinix phone today. Here are some of them:
Many of the headline features Google baked into Lollipop, in fact, are part of Infinix phones already. Obviously, the Material Design animations throughout the UI, default support for the new ART runtime and some others aren’t present in Infinix devices. But here’s a comparison of the ones that are already available and how different they are in operation from Infinix stock Android:

1) Quick Settings

Although most phone makers have been putting quick settings in their variants of Android, it took Google till Android 5.0 to finally bake it into the stock build. And no doubt, they’ve done a fabulous job by not just giving simple on-off toggles, but even relevant information right in there. For instance, you can check your data usage within the quick settings menu itself.

Nevertheless, the basic toggle functionality is available in Infinix device that run Android 4.4.2 too, including the controlling of brightness levels and music playback. You can scroll through all possible toggles including ones to lock the phone screen, and change sound profiles.

2) Guest Mode

Guest mode is one of the best features of Android Lollipop, using which you can hand over your phone to anybody without the fear of them snooping on your personal stuff. Although Infinix doesn’t have the ability to create multiple user accounts, there are several applications that you can use to restrict use of applications that you do not want other users to have access to. These security applications are available on the Google Playstore.

3) Trusted Bluetooth Devices

A feature that Motorola pioneered in 2013 with the first Moto X, that Google later borrowed in Android Lollipop, is also available on Infinix devices.
As simple as it sounds, you can add Bluetooth devices that you own, like a smartwatch or fitness band or a car audio system, and the phone doesn’t require a confirmation to pair these devices. This feature is immensely useful if you’re the owner of any of those devices, as it frees you from the repetitive activity of unlocking your phone in their vicinity, but puts the guard back on when the phone isn’t paired to any.

4) Battery Saver

Android Lollipop has a simplistic Battery Saver mode that reduces battery consumption by turning off some features like animations, background app syncing and slowing the processor down. Infinix’s Hot and Hot Note battery saver mode is comparatively more advanced, offering 3 preset battery saving profiles like ‘Power Save’, ‘Low Power’ and ‘Ultra power’. You can even edit these profiles, choosing the activity of things that eat into the battery. These profiles can automatically kick in depending upon the battery state of your phone.

5) Do Not Disturb

Android Lollipop brought about ‘Priority Mode’, which was an intermediary between regular sound profiles and Do Not Disturb (DND). It lets you white list certain apps and contacts, that can pass through an otherwise ‘silent’ mode.

And it’s not like there will never be an Infinix Stock Rom based on Lollipop, Infinix R and D team did confirm they’re working hard to make it happen by the 3rd quarter of 2015.

What will be interesting to see then would be the integration of these overlapping features.

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 22, 2015
Good afternoon everybody.

My infinix screen got cracked and I can't find my receipt but I have the packet. What do I do?

I stay in Enugu. I need to fix the phone asap.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 10:37pm On May 22, 2015
please miztyna,mizzbee and other gurus in the house i need help urgently with my infinix zero, i tried to root after i got my phone from carlcare after screen got cracked and i bricked it, it does not power on,when i try to flash it with sp flashtool i get an error, pls see the screen shot attached, pls i need all the help i can get to get my phone back alive

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 7:23am On May 23, 2015
LaconicINC:
please miztyna,mizzbee and other gurus in the house i need help urgently with my infinix zero, i tried to root after i got my phone from carlcare after screen got cracked and i bricked it, it does not power on,when i try to flash it with sp flashtool i get an error, pls see the screen shot attached, pls i need all the help i can get to get my phone back alive

it's either your vcom drivers were not properly installed or you didn't press the download button before plugging your phone.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 7:25am On May 23, 2015
please what do i do now to solve this issue
emrain:

it's either your vcom drivers were not properly installed or you didn't press the download button before plugging your phone.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 7:28am On May 23, 2015
LaconicINC:
please what do i do now to solve this issue

are you using a Windows 8 os?
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by walex1991(m): 7:30am On May 23, 2015
smeloansnigeria:
. the people in ur local carlcare centre dont even kne when the materials will be available
this one is even at the same opebi Ikeja branch.. Then dey went on break for almost 2 months to celebrate the Chinese new year
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 7:35am On May 23, 2015
window 7 sir, 32bit
emrain:

are you using a Windows 8 os?
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 7:39am On May 23, 2015
LaconicINC:
window 7 sir, 32bit
do you have vcom drivers installed in your pc?
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 8:12am On May 23, 2015
emrain:
yes sir

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 8:14am On May 23, 2015
emrain:

Yes i do
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 8:28am On May 23, 2015
LaconicINC:
Yes i do

uninstall it and goto http://etechgist..in/2015/05/easy-way-to-install-mt65xx-mtk.html?m=1

for how to properly install vcom drivers. since you're using Windows 7, skip the "DSV disabling part "
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 8:44am On May 23, 2015
but mine is 32bit, what is there is 64 bit
emrain:

uninstall it and goto http://etechgist..in/2015/05/easy-way-to-install-mt65xx-mtk.html?m=1

for how to properly install vcom drivers. since you're using Windows 7, skip the "DSV disabling part "
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 8:53am On May 23, 2015
LaconicINC:
but mine is 32bit, what is there is 64 bit

it's for both 32 and 64bit. that's why there are two files (usb2ser)
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 8:57am On May 23, 2015
pls help me with the link for vcom drivers
emrain:

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 9:05am On May 23, 2015
and pls what is the next step after installing the drivers
emrain:

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 9:07am On May 23, 2015
LaconicINC:
pls help me with the link for vcom drivers

Google it.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 9:17am On May 23, 2015
ok, done, it is installed, what next
emrain:

Google it.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 9:31am On May 23, 2015
LaconicINC:
ok, done, it is installed, what next

that's all. you can now flash your rom through sp flash tool.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LaconicINC: 9:33am On May 23, 2015
no offence bro, but i don't think you know how to do this thing because if you do you would have given me the step by step process and not just typing the solution one word at a time,thanks for attempting though
emrain:

Google it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (249) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.