Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards (11549 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by funmiseri: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2008
Coongratulations my dear May you continue to rise from Glory to Glory.

Am happy for your parent may they enjoy the fruit of their labour in Jesus name.

Also I wish you happy married life.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by NeoBlack(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2008
Maybe Abolore will understand you guyz, because i have invited him to this site for him to see whats going on himself, but you know he's always busy, so i tried to open some pages for him to see what you guyz talk about him and he so happy for that, but one thing is that, he's not use to his Family, i have talk to him so many times. he said they abandon him, Well i do like everything about him. because we're together always and i pray you guyz heads to the top in LIFE too.
Safe All.

I Sign Out Now.
Jp
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by godII1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2008
can sum1 tell me how to post a frickin topic on here, ive bin lookin and the "help" menu doesn't help either!!
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by eudio(f): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2008
congratulations 9ice,
enough washing@yahoo.com
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by iyk41luv: 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2008
@ poster mennnnnnnnnnn, 9ICEE really really deserves that award can u imagine the way he just came up and hit up his album both home and abroad.

finally is NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE all the way

@lexicon photocopy is my best track on the album.

@ at all can anyone post the lyrics of photocopy here on this thread i will be grateful.

thanks
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by chusben(m): 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2008
9ice carry go jo, na your name you dey represent 4away
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by bgees(m): 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2008
Carmelily is right .many people can't just see the facts and say it.
Asa is'nt original. And 9ice's music lacks quality production.but he is good.
And i hope p-square won't cry tribalism this time around.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by eiete(f): 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2008
Congrats to 9ice.

At least he did not drop his award like tubaba.

For those of you who did not get to watch it, it's on BBC iplayer or just follow

the link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00f2d1v/The_MOBO_Awards_2008_15102008/
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by argent(f): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2008
9ice is very original and he has taken that originality to another level. I can only hope he continues with his style of music coz he's going places
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Ibomade2: 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2008
Eri kapasa. Na you be energizer !!!!!!!!!!
Congrats
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2008
congrats to 9ice the party ryder, he has proven that "egbe isu ko ni iyan".

and to all the "olotes", oju yin aaja
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Oracle(m): 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2008
Congratulations to the Gongo Aso star
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Freemenow: 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2008
9ice you too much jo,
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by allboyz(m): 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2008
gONGO ti n sO , its happening now for 9ice.

i think its high time we started promoting our own kind of music especially wit the use of native languages and pigin languages,,,,,,it seems original to me,

and not forgetting the best PRODUCER of the year ID Cabasa, codeD tunez, una tooooMUCH
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Freemenow: 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2008
Check This Guy and 9ice out, Who is The most handsome

Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by lalaboi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2008
just watched the party ryder now on ait!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made in nigeria! 9ice tooo much!!

let me not hype it too much! bt the video was good! he used ther remix for the video!

it will be on youtube soon! lol
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Comfort86(f): 2:03am On Oct 18, 2008
Yay 9ice!
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by NAIJALUV1: 2:04am On Oct 18, 2008
YEH, ITS A GREAT NEWS.
I ALSO HEARD THAT 9ICE, PAUL PLAY, SUNNY NEJI, BLACKFACE, 2FACE AND MANY OTHER ARTISTS WILL PERFORM TOGETHER IN A PROJECT CALLED "THE URBAN SOUND OF LAGOS". I WAS JUST CHECKING THE NEWS ON MYSPACE.
HTTP://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/THEURBANSOUNDOFLAGOS

THIS REALLY GREAT FOR OUR MUSICIANS TO COME TOGETHER AND STOP HATING,
IF ANYBODY KNOWS MORE ABOUT THE PROJET, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

NAIJA ON THE RISE!!!!!!!!!
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by djcrucifix(m): 2:56am On Oct 18, 2008
nothin' do that guy grin, but how come he beat asa?, undecided
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by labisko(m): 8:09am On Oct 18, 2008
nice one
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Hardar4lag(m): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2008
nobesmallthing_a oooo i voted for 9ice with almost 30 email address in dis MOBO Award thank God he did not loose him Glory be to Allah
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by benlay(m): 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2008
I'm so happy for my bro for picking the award
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Hardar4lag(m): 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2008
And i pray hw wins d MTV Mama Award also oo
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by shegun2: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2008
a angry coolm hapi 4 9ice cos many naija guys think u cant gain recognition until u sing or rap lyk oyibo BIG UPS 2 CABASA
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by shylladear(f): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2008
way to go nice
gongo asooooooooooooo grin
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by kateflow(f): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2008
congrat bro
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by NeoBlack(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2008
Abolore Akande (9ice) Always.

Jp
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by romeo(m): 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2008
how dare you people call p square fake? 9ice is good and i love his song gongo aso even when i do not understand what he sings but he will never command the kind of crowd P square commands in African cities, most recently in Kenya. Now that is what i call Naija pride.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by opensesame: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2008
@ carmelilly
Hi girl. I honestly don't know where to start from. I considered not replying u, but i changed my mind for certain reasons. Now, I understand that u've got a right to ur opinions, but u just don't come to a forum and criticise UNCONSTRUCTIVELY. Do u get? That's our grouse with u.
Did u say ASA is not original
Did u say ASA fails on all grounds as per her music.

When i first read ur post i thought u were kiddding. u had to be.
Sorry, sweetie. have u even listened to her album?
What do u understand by originality?
Nelly Furtado? Blu Cantrell? NORAH JONES?
Good gracious girl, u amaze me!!!!!

I am completely dazed.
ASA UNORIGINAL!!!!!

It will take me a thousand pages to talk about ASA's music and the spirit behind it, so i won't even go there.
I will just ask something of u carmelily. Go and LISTEN to ASA's album.
The LYRICS. The VOICE. The INSTRUMENTALS. The RHYTHM. The SOUL.
Listen carmelilly and come back to this forum to take back ur statements against ASA.
Listen carmelilly. Listen.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by honeric01(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2008
Some people here like carmelity does not really understand what originality means, if you say Asa and 9ice are not original enough compared to those people you named like nelly furtado (i can't believe you think she is original, God help us), then you should quit listening to music and watching music videos, the western world are beating the black nations when it comes to music because of few things and i must confess NUDITY is their greatest weapon in the music world, no more good and sound lyrics in some of their music, I THANK GOD THAT ASA AND 9ICE ARE BLESSED WITH INSPIRATIONAL AND COMPLEX LYRICS,
 9ice i gbadun you, go on with it, the sky is your fuel station
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by deor03(m): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2008
I was privileged to see 9ice in person with the award plaque at the airport yesterday. I did not miss the opportunity to shake him and congratulate him in person. grin grin
Congrats my guy
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by honeric01(m): 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2008
9ice personality is cool too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ice Prince - Aboki & More [prod. Chopstix] / Who Sang This Song ? / DOWNLOAD DJ Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.