Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards (11550 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by mayordee(m): 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2008
Asa is fake?9ice is not up to standard?na una get una mouth, 9ice just keep up the good work, Nigerians will never see anything good in their product,if na piddy D dey sing rubbish dem go call am style, don't give a hooth about what people say about 9ice, he is one of the best in the industry, we need to encourage our own,let them know where to improve and not to come to a forum and start yarning thrash, haters go surely dey, 9ice congrats
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by honeric01(m): 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2008
More Nigerians to come out shinning
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by temmyann(f): 11:56am On Oct 19, 2008
Congrats 9ice, Gongo ti so
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Azo(m): 6:14am On Oct 20, 2008
wanted to watch it on E but slept of imagine. all the same congratulations Mr.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Azo(m): 6:16am On Oct 20, 2008
@mayordee
abeg tell me the name of the pple wey dey talk that bullpee.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by tmoney11(m): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2008
Am happy for you 9ice
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Freemenow: 9:02pm On Oct 20, 2008
9ice is too good, and he worth the award,so kosoro
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Freemenow: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2008
I will Really like to work with 9ice and Smapee

Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by babsoginni(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2008
Much kudos to 9ICE, he's out-and-out a 9ja artiste and the guy's been thru a lot and paid his dues.

From his representing 9ja at the Mandela Concert, knew it was just the start of greater things.

Big ups man
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by timmfikk(m): 1:59am On Oct 22, 2008
@ All

Please the man has won the award kindly pray for him to have more success and not fight your self about his career of achievements.

My own question is who is the most Handsome between 9ice and Snoop-dogg,  because i dont know maybe na ganja turn am to be like dis ooo just too ug tongue bro spend more money in all those videos of yours ooo they are not cool enough or the director did not lift upto expectation i should say  u should have stick to little money's director, thats ma opinion

Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by CHRISFER: 8:19am On Oct 22, 2008
Gongo tin so . hv u guys seen that Oyibo guy wey dey sing Gongo aso. ORIGINALITY WORK FOR ME WHY GO,
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by clensman(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2008
Hey 9ice,
Well done boy,If have really work hard 4 this and u derserve it.Many thanks to God and to ur FANS.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by kaycee45: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2008
Guy don't say that again.
9ice is good and i mean good. e dey represent, its just dat he should have said thanks to his fans cos if not for us he wuld'nt be there.
asa is also good and she is very unique.

i advice you to apologise
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by kaycee45: 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2008
9ice is blessed
he got a blast into stardom with his singles GONGO ASO, got a chance to perform at the birthday celebration of Nelson Mandela, and now beats D'banje and Psquare to be the best african act.
Wow! INCREDIBLE
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by GUNNER(f): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2008
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by franksowo: 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2008
This is such an incredible development,not just for 9ice but also for Nigerian Music history,
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by demoney08: 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2008
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by webstar(m): 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2008
ANYWAY, I MIGHT OFFEND SOME PEOPLE, BUT ANYONE THAT SAYS 9ICE, ASA OR ANY OF THE NOMINATED ARTIST IS NOT GOOD IS A FOOL, THE PERSON SHULD GO AND BASH HIS OR HER HEAD ON THE WALL.
NIGERIANS RE FOND OF THE HABIT OF NOT APPRECIATING THEIR VALUES AND THATS WHY THEY DIE TRYING TO LIVE WESTERN LIFE.
FRIENDS AND FOES, LISTEN !!!!! WE RE NOT THEM AND WE HAVE OUR OWN WAY OF DOING THINGS HERE, PLS LETS FOLLOW IT, MOBO IS MUSIC OF BLACK ORIGIN, NOT MUSIC OF WHITE ORIGINSM HOW CAN U WIN AWARD IN THIS WITHOUT UR SONG TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE BLACK MAN FACES AND FOR UR NOTICE, THE NOMINATED SONG IS WHAT WILL BE JUDGED ON AND NOT UR CAREER OR LIFE. WHATEVER U SAY, ADIGUN ALAKPOMEJI DESERVES IT.

INCASE U DON`T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED THERE THIS IS IT :

9ICE WENT TO THE FORMER HOLDER OF THE TITLE (2 BABA) AND SAID LETS GO THERE, THE GUY DID NOT HESITATE, HE WENT WITH HIM COS HE KNOWS THAT ITS 9ICE TURN TO RULE THE DAY, WHEN THEY GOT THERE, THEY ASKED 2 BABA WHY THIS GUY, HE SAID, "I GO TALK AM AS I SEE AM I NO GO USE ANY SUGAR COVER AM IF U WANT CALL ME KAMPALAM (AS SOME OF U RE DOING NOW) BUT I KNOW U UNDERSTAND, HE STILL SHOW HIS ROYALTY BY SAYING 9ICE AM UR PADDY, ALWAYS ALWAYS UR PADDY, EVERYONE WAS AMAZED AND 9ICE WENT ON BY SAYING, CATEGORICALLY AM THE BEST, MENTALLY AND EVERYTHING, NO DOUBT ME GRAMMY IS STILL COMING OOOOO, AM OUT OF 9JA, THEY GOT NOTHING TO DO BUT TO GIVE IT UP.

MEN AM NOT FROM HIS TRIBE BUT THAT GUY HAS MEANT ME GO LEARN THE LANGUAGE, 9ICE IS NICE AND 2FACE IS 9ICE.

9ice, they no know say no be garagara, 2 baba, e good as u follow am go there and e good as u talk am as u see am, some of them don call u kampala oooo but we don achieve am, we no thief am this time, we deserve am, one luv brodas,

YOU THATS OPENING UR MOUTH LOUD TO SHOW EFIZZY HERE WITH WESTERN STYLE OR WHATEVER AM SORRY GO TO AMERICAN FORUM NOT HERE, THIS IS THE GREEN LAND FORUM AND AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN AM NOT FAKING IT.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by shilling(f): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2008
Congrats 9ice
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by kamalydeen(m): 7:39pm On Oct 27, 2008
Whaooooo nice won the award that is guy i love it but , he fumble he didn't give thanks to the fans,

and watch out for the party rider, it hot hummmm? you will like it
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by kamalydeen(m): 7:52pm On Oct 27, 2008
gongo has spokin it self so the rest should go and rest ok, no doubt about it

alapomeji okoasewo

Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by crudedude(m): 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2008
way to go 9ice
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Orikinla(m): 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2008
9ICE is the most original of the local artistes in Nigeria.
He is more of a poet and I love the fact that he using music to promote the Yoruba language, unlike all the fake hip-hop copycats and clowns in Nigeria.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by xplobaba: 2:11am On Oct 31, 2008
yeah nice is so so so so lucky man first it was 2baba now nice nxt it would knx virus 9ja is kickin butts
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by xplobaba: 2:14am On Oct 31, 2008
xplobaba:

yeah nice is so so so so lucky man first it was 2baba now nice nxt it would knx virus Nigeria is kickin butts
corctn 9ja rappers are beta dan dem singers fakin almost everytin
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by efeboy(m): 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2008
webstar:

ANYWAY, I MIGHT OFFEND SOME PEOPLE, BUT ANYONE THAT SAYS 9ICE, ASA OR ANY OF THE NOMINATED ARTIST IS NOT GOOD IS A FOOL, THE PERSON SHULD GO AND BASH HIS OR HER HEAD ON THE WALL.
NIGERIANS RE FOND OF THE HABIT OF NOT APPRECIATING THEIR VALUES AND THATS WHY THEY DIE TRYING TO LIVE WESTERN LIFE.
FRIENDS AND FOES, LISTEN !!!!! WE RE NOT THEM AND WE HAVE OUR OWN WAY OF DOING THINGS HERE, please LETS FOLLOW IT, MOBO IS MUSIC OF BLACK ORIGIN, NOT MUSIC OF WHITE ORIGINSM HOW CAN U WIN AWARD IN THIS WITHOUT UR SONG TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE BLACK MAN FACES AND FOR UR NOTICE, THE NOMINATED SONG IS WHAT WILL BE JUDGED ON AND NOT UR CAREER OR LIFE. WHATEVER U SAY, ADIGUN ALAKPOMEJI DESERVES IT.

INCASE U DON`T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED THERE THIS IS IT :

9ICE WENT TO THE FORMER HOLDER OF THE TITLE (2 BABA) AND SAID LETS GO THERE, THE GUY DID NOT HESITATE, HE WENT WITH HIM because HE KNOWS THAT ITS 9ICE TURN TO RULE THE DAY, WHEN THEY GOT THERE, THEY ASKED 2 BABA WHY THIS GUY, HE SAID, "I GO TALK AM AS I SEE AM I NO GO USE ANY SUGAR COVER AM IF U WANT CALL ME KAMPALAM (AS SOME OF U RE DOING NOW) BUT I KNOW U UNDERSTAND, HE STILL SHOW HIS ROYALTY BY SAYING 9ICE AM UR PADDY, ALWAYS ALWAYS UR PADDY, EVERYONE WAS AMAZED AND 9ICE WENT ON BY SAYING, CATEGORICALLY AM THE BEST, MENTALLY AND EVERYTHING, NO DOUBT ME GRAMMY IS STILL COMING OOOOO, AM OUT OF Nigeria, THEY GOT NOTHING TO DO BUT TO GIVE IT UP.

MEN AM NOT FROM HIS TRIBE BUT THAT GUY HAS MEANT ME GO LEARN THE LANGUAGE, 9ICE IS NICE AND 2FACE IS 9ICE.

9ice, they no know say no be garagara, 2 baba, e good as u follow am go there and e good as u talk am as u see am, some of them don call u kampala oooo but we don achieve am, we no thief am this time, we deserve am, one love brodas,

YOU THATS OPENING UR MOUTH LOUD TO SHOW EFIZZY HERE WITH WESTERN STYLE OR WHATEVER AM SORRY GO TO AMERICAN FORUM NOT HERE, THIS IS THE GREEN LAND FORUM AND AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN AM NOT FAKING IT.

Oh my God, tank you!
abi na THANK YOU!

I agree i came into this thread late, and that my post might be considered late. But I think there are a few reasons why i must comment.

1. The person (9ice) in question is a nigerian and to be sincere, he is my favorite nigerian music artiste. This should not
mean that everything i say here is biased, as i promise to use[b] constructive [/b] critism (is it criticism?).

2. What we are talking about here is about Nigerian and African music at large.

3. I have read throught the thread, I would like to ask some people the questions i have for them, and to reply some
as well.

please bear with me as i no sabi the english language well. I beg you to bear with my unneccesary delays and get
the main points of my arguments, as you follow through my post.

i also invite those who have posted on this thread to please follow my posts.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by DisGuy: 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2008
I think the people that don't understand Yoruba are the ones hating on 9ice and Asa
you see the reaction when p-squared didnt win an award at the hip hop awards?
thats says alot

my opinion!!!
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by ade0008: 12:03am On Nov 01, 2008
wow! happy for you , 9ice one there! cheesy
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by efeboy(m): 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2008
@Dis Guy

You might be correct. Although i think tribe shouldn't be an issue here, but unfortunately some people seem to be tribalistic.

I know of a guy who criticizes 9ice's gongo aso, just because he does'nt understand what the word mean. What the guy does'nt know is that the western musics he fantasizes and sing so much is not his, because the westerners do music that really relates to their own world. The whites buy their own song because they understand that even if they can meet up with the lyrics, the music relates to their society. They enjoy and promote their own music.

Instead of criticizing our own Nigerian artiste just because we are affected by language barriers, we should learn to rather find out about what we don't understand about them and then learn to promote them. For God's sake, d'banj, Asa, 9ice and 2face are all our own. Let's get this right. Though its not bad listening to western music and acknowledging their successes, western music (nelly furtedo, justin timberlake and so on) can never be our own.

this is just to clear the air for those who fall into the category Dis Guy metioned about.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by efeboy(m): 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2008
Any body who has been saying 'this person did this in his own language, that is why i dont appreciate him, or that his why his fellow language people loves him', should remember say na turn by turn.

One day you might get inspiration to do a wonderful thing whith your own language or in your own language. And then imagine what it would be like when somebody refers to your work as rubbish or not well done because you did it with your own mother tongue which is nigerian.

Understand me, it might not be in music. But someday it could be your own turn to achieve something like others such as 9ice have achieved in his life time.

omo na turn by turn,
beg baba God make it reach ur turn.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by efeboy(m): 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2008
@ People like tonye-t, who have been talking about criteria.

I want to believe that the people who gave 9ice those honors and awards, are the same people who had at one time or the other given big time stars and celebrities respective honors for their respective achievements.

The organizers of the MOBO awards do not have their office at our backyards of houses here in Nigeria. They are 'INTERNATIONAL'. Neither did they start organizing awards of this kind yesterday. At least to the best of my knowledge, they have been there for some reasonable time now. Before you speak or criticize, they know that people will be there to criticize. So please be aware that they would have planned their nomination and award strategy well, so that no one spoils their long time reputation. Another thing, 9ice did not bribe the organizers of MOBO awards. He will look for a better place to invest any such money than to bribe an organization as international and big as that.

Let me come to Nelson Mandela. Mandela and im boys no be small boys. If the organizers of the Mandela 90th birthday concert performance allowed Celtel to parade 9ice as the representing artiste from Nigeria, then what are you talking about. I mean, the organizers made sure that planned every bit of the concert to become a success.

Remember, the people we are talking about here are not to be passed for nonprofessionals.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by ayobase(m): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2008
big boy longo longo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2Face Idibia's New Video / Ice Prince - Aboki & More [prod. Chopstix] / Headies 2023: Will Guchi Win The Rookie Award?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.