Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' (11882 Views)

PHOTO: Graduate Of Accountancy From Abuja University Selling Akara By The Road / Inspiring Photo: Nigerian Woman Frying Akara Inside A Canoe In The Creeks / Summer Camp @ Ikogosi Warm Spring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by okirewaju(f): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2014
fr3do:

So you can actually leave politics and bigotry and comment on a feminine thread?!

Op, ignore people's suggestions about grinding beans into flour. Akara made from bean flour is wack!

You can wake up early enough daily to soak and grind beans every morning, you sound(write) like a real African woman, just take it as exercise.

Its not wack, if you are preparing it yourself its different from when you buy packaged bean flour from the market.

Its left for the OP to try it out and make her conclusions, waking up early everyday to soak beans,wash it, grind it takes a whole lot!
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Godmystrength: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2014
onirugbon1:

Better ignore.
I can guarantee its just as nice as how good you prepare the wet akara too. You can always try it out to confirm.
okay.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Bloomingbud(f): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2014
The powdered beans is rubbish as it doesn't rise and its not fluffy like normal akara, you can only manage it if you soak the powder with warm water some minutes before frying.

If your husband loves Akara so much he might like the one made from powdered beans. Just give it a trial.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by ElFenomeno1: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: Use microwave or you refry it.

Microwave is not the best to re-heat food. The obvious perils.

OP

Do you have a oven?!

Use your oven..... better that way.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by ElFenomeno1: 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
UjSizzle: Heat it again in hot oil undecided iThink

Refrying... not sure about that... if you have to refry more than two times, wont the akara become totally soaked in oil?!

The freshness diminishes faster with refrying!
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by NoQualms1(f): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pavore9: Just have it made into flour, so every morning u scoop out the quantity u want and prepare the akara for dearest husband. l do so with what d igbos call okpa, have about 3kg of milled okpa flour, l fit even wake up around 2a.m to cook am, such ease!

Can you please explain how to get the okpa beans and if possible upload the picture of the beans here? I will like to make it myself but I don't know how the beans look like and where I can get it.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Pavore9: 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
@NoQualms1, just google images of bambara bean. l stay in kenya & is locally available here though kenyans consume it differently. lf you stay in Lagos, u can surely get it @ Mile 12 market, then have it milled and sieved, your okpa flour is ready!
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by NoQualms1(f): 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pavore9: @NoQualms1, just google images of bambara bean. l stay in kenya & is locally available here though kenyans consume it differently. lf you stay in Lagos, u can surely get it @ Mile 12 market, then have it milled and sieved, your okpa flour is ready!

Thank you so much. I will do that.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Pavore9: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
NoQualms1:

Thank you so much. I will do that.
Karibu. (You are welcome in Swahili)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Feel Betrayed By My Wife. : What Do I Do? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? / My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.