Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Dream Or Reality - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dream Or Reality (691 Views)

Have You Ever Meet With A Dead Person You Know Either In Dream Or Face To Face? / It Was A Dream Or So I Thought / Atlantis A Fiction Or Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
Please this is my first article, its open to critcisms/ suggestions, thank you.

Here is my story as a jambito in the Lions den, Unn... Enjoy

Is this a dream or reality...
This is a question, I couldn't answer the following morning after waking up thirty minutes to my first exam in the university.

It all started the previous evening,
when I had planned to read till daybreak after coming back from the library in the evening. I was so tired, I just went for a shower, warmed my remaining beans which I cooked yesterday. I loved beans and yam so much back then, so I didn't mind if it was soured or not, I just ate it like that.

I then rushed off to the reading room at the corner of Mbanefo hall to read. On getting there, after reading for 20 minutes or so, I slept off only to wake up to see people running for their dear lives. As a Delta boy na( we no dey carry last na), so I joined them only to come outside and see everybody looking at me strangely like I was a ghost.

I was so confused as to why they were staring at me like that or is it because am a jambito nii. My heart was pounding like it would soon develop legs of its own and run off until I saw one of my room mates who was about leaving the scene. Without wasting much time I approached him and asked him, `please what happened and why is everybody staring at me like am a ghost'.

My roommate looked amazed by my question and then finally gave me the much awaited answer `you were polluting the air like a bad I better pass my neighbour generator, that's why everybody was running cos the whole place smelt like rotten beans'

I couldn't stand the shame, after all my forming fresh boy in the hostel so na so boys go use me wash chai am in soup.

I immediately left for my room and slept off just to wake up few minutes to my first examination in Unn. I immediately took my bath, put on my sunshades and entered shuttle taxi (taxi that I said I would never enter cos its too expensive, chai see wetin beans don cause o). On getting there, the exams was postponed to twelve noon. I was so disappointed cos all I planned was to quickly write my exams and leave.

I couldn't bare looking at anybody so I just looked for a corner to sit. People started coming to ask me if the rumours were true even those ones that I don't even talk to sef. I was still wandering if this is a Dream or Reality, when my roomie came to wake me up if I was still going for a revision class that night.

When I got up, I was like thank God, its a dream before my room mate told me thanks for punishing us with ur Mess. I just smiled and went back to sleep, knowing that it was just a DREAM.
Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
Please don't forget to leave a comment, criticism or suggestion, it will help me improve my writing skills. Thank you.
Re: Dream Or Reality by theSpark(m): 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nice try. In my opinion you kept going back and forth. There is something you need to do about time lines.

The dream part
The taxi part
The waking up part

You need to seamlessly blend them all in.

1 Like

Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
theSpark: Nice try. In my opinion you kept going back and forth. There is something you need to do about time lines.
The dream part
The taxi part
The waking up part
You need to seamlessly blend them all in.
Thanks man.
Re: Dream Or Reality by Lorlaahlozz: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
Spreads mat.carry on
Re: Dream Or Reality by papindinho(m): 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
ride on... Lorlaahlozz brought me here o

1 Like

Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
papindinho: ride on... Lorlaahlozz brought me here o
Hmmmmm... Love wan tin tin
Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Spreads mat.carry on

Lol dis is no bed time story o
Re: Dream Or Reality by papindinho(m): 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
fdxboss:
Hmmmmm... Love wan tin tin
lmao.... Shey na Love be your second name?
Re: Dream Or Reality by papindinho(m): 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
@OP I think you gave it a nice shot but you have to be precise when it comes to the arrangement of the plot. And you used 'wandering' where it ought to be 'wondering'.
Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
papindinho: lmao.... Shey na Love be your second name?
So u dnt knw abi?? I used to be called Loverboi back in the day sha
Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
papindinho brot me here grin
Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
papindinho brot me here grin....more updates
Re: Dream Or Reality by papindinho(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
fdxboss:
So u dnt knw abi?? I used to be called Loverboi back in the day sha
hehehehehe...
Re: Dream Or Reality by papindinho(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
Xtarxhyne: papindinho brot me here grin....more updates
hehehehe*** dusts the long bench for her to sit***..... Welcome ma
Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
papindinho: hehehehe*** dusts the long bench for her to sit***..... Welcome ma
tankz
Re: Dream Or Reality by theSpark(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
fdxboss:
Thanks man.

keep me tagged in your future stories.
Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 03, 2014
Xtarxhyne: tankz
Also dusts the chair and seat ***good morning o***
Re: Dream Or Reality by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 03, 2014
theSpark:

keep me tagged in your future stories.
No p bro

(1) (Reply)

How To Be A Super Writer. / Chronicles Of Chikwado / Valentine Special: Amaizing Wall Papers /special Song To Serinade Your Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.