Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

DSTV Censors The Word God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DSTV Censors The Word God. (1290 Views)

Why Does Dstv Sensor The Word "GOD"? / Where Did The Word “GOD” Originate? / The Historical Origin Of The English Word "God". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Censors The Word God. by tranxo(m): 7:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
Is this only me, but is there anyone else who has noticed how the word "God" is muted by DSTV in the last couple of days?
What is happening?
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by clemmonce(m): 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
yea I noticed it too. they are madt.
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by tranxo(m): 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
This is really serious oooo!!!
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by morsadh(m): 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
That word has become a swear/oath. The movies I've often seen the censorship often make use of God as such.
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
Yea, I noticed it, but I didn't want to believe that's what they were actually censoring...
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by tranxo(m): 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Yea, I noticed it, but I didn't want to believe that's what they were actually censoring...
What else could it be?
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by yorex2011: 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
Its been like that for a few months now... Dunno why
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
tranxo: Is this only me, but is there anyone else who has noticed how the word "God" is muted by DSTV in the last couple of days?
What is happening?

Which channels have you noticed this? Note that they have channels where God is mentioned every day?
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by Dreal1247: 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
Has the oga @ the top joined illuminanti?
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
tranxo:
What else could it be?
Wetin u want make I talk naaa?
I was actually watching a Christian movie, and chioma Chukwuka was the lead actress, she was talking and dey kept censoring a word...

I got wondering, Chioma isn't the type to use the f-word, what could she possibly be saying worth censoring....?

Now I know better, wonder what their reason is.
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by tranxo(m): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Wetin u want make I talk naaa?
I was actually watching a Christian movie, and chioma Chukwuka was the lead actress, she was talking and dey kept censoring a word...

I got wondering, Chioma isn't the type to use the f-word, what could she possibly be saying worth censoring....?

Now I know better, wonder what their reason is.
I wonder. We are watching
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by tranxo(m): 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
Dreal1247: Has the oga @ the top joined illuminanti?
anything is possible.
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
calm down. it's just a word.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
tranxo: Is this only me, but is there anyone else who has noticed how the word "God" is muted by DSTV in the last couple of days?
What is happening?
It isn't. The word may be censored because some people take the view that casual use of divine names and titles, especially in exclamations and such (such as ubiquitous squeals of "Oh My God!"wink, violates religious prohibitions (such as the third of the Ten Commandments in the Christian tradition).
Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
yorex2011: Its been like that for a few months now... Dunno why
In both Jewish and Christian tradition, God's name is almost never written nor spoken aloud. In the past this has been translated in Jehovah and more recently as Yahweh.

Out of great respect for the Name of God, Jews reading the Scriptures will say "Lord" instead of God's name.

In the same spirit of supreme respect, most English translations of the Bible translate God's name as "LORD" (in all caps). Some even spell God as G-d our of this great respect.
Probably some sects of Christianity that also believe this. That's the reason the word is censored.. wink If you don't feel comfortable with this you can email them @ enquiries@multichoice.co.za

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 03, 2014
`No need having hard-ons over nothing...
If they can censor 'fck' , why not 'G.o.d' ??

We should also try this on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Censors The Word God. by morsadh(m): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Toluwarni:
It isn't. The word may be censored because some people take the view that casual use of divine names and titles, especially in exclamations and such (such as ubiquitous squeals of "Oh My God!"wink, violates religious prohibitions (such as the third of the Ten Commandments in the Christian tradition).
. I agree with you.

(1) (Reply)

Does Falling Under Anointing Suggests One Has An Evil Spirit? / Can A Child Of God Drink Alcohol, At Least Little? / Picture Of Pastor Paul Adefarasin of HOTR Holding A Sword Ready For Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.