Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (118255 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by babyjoker(f): 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
SammyHoe:

This one wey u dey mention one baby, I hope say no be babyjoker o, because she no dey joke with anybody o
sammy no mind Donmayor at all. u can imagine he called me a baby the other day oo nd now his claiming his hands ar as clean as spring H2O
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by babyjoker(f): 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
SammyHoe:

Thank you o bro Divepen. I no know why he wan implicate me o.
well dont blame him for doing that, it because his scared that i might eat him up but pls help me tell him to come out of his hide out cos av forgiven him and we can now be best friends
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:21am On Aug 08, 2014
babyjoker: sammy no mind Donmayor at all. u can imagine he called me a baby the other day oo nd now his claiming his hands ar as clean as spring H2O
morning baby, where have u been? Me don too over miss u o. Note that my hands are still clean like spring H2O as normal. grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 08, 2014
DONMAYOR19: morning baby, where have u been? Me don too over miss u o. Note that my hands are still clean like spring H2O as normal. grin
for your mind
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by akinkudin: 8:15am On Aug 08, 2014
SammyHoe: Good morning everyone
Food is ready and I'm missing the following ppl...

Zeenab, Akinkudin, JESUSPRINCE, Igwechosen, Follz, Queenrose102, Mohammad11, Aytuns, Mcgixz, Okem09, Jigsawkillah and co.

Therefore this morning dedication goes to them all.
Thanks for the dedication SammyHoe, haven't really had time to read this great piece, but hopefully I'd use this weekend to catch up on all.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 08, 2014
akinkudin:
Thanks for the dedication SammyHoe, haven't really had time to read this great piece, but hopefully I'd use this weekend to catch up on all.

Okay sir
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Rainstorms(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2014
the son of man was here

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cindydearie(f): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nice!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by losprince(m): 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
SammyHoe 3fa 3 qa54ta2 ya45 3na ja5nagala2 la1naga15ga2 ya45 wa4nara ba2 na4ta3fa32da... sa4 ca4ma2 1nada 5pada1ta2!!!!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by babyjoker(f): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
DONMAYOR19: morning baby, where have u been? Me don too over miss u o. Note that my hands are still clean like spring H2O as normal. grin
chai bros i miss u pass oo i hope u had a cool salt water bath morning, prevention of ebola though
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by babyjoker(f): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
sammy the next post should be dedicated to i and Donmayor cos we both started this new page with our little friendship
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
babyjoker: chai bros i miss u pass oo i hope u had a cool salt water bath morning, prevention of ebola though
salt water is a good conductor of electricity, grade 6 physics, we learnt it, I apply it today to prevent ebola virus.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
###just passing
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
babyjoker: sammy the next post should be dedicated to i and Donmayor cos we both started this new page with our little friendship
take NOTE of this Sammy, she said it, support her...grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by missuniverse(f): 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
DONMAYOR19: salt water is a good conductor of electricity, grade 6 physics, we learnt it, I apply it today to prevent ebola virus.
All Izz Well
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ga4a4ad 2ava2ana3anag s1mamay Ha4a2.

Ta4a5acaha3nag sata4aray.

L4ava3anag 3at.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Ga4a4ad 2ava2ana3anag s1mamay Ha4a2.

Ta4a5acaha3nag sata4aray.

L4ava3anag 3at.

TaHa1aNaK Ya4a5 Fa4aR La4aVa3aNaG 3aT
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by babyjoker(f): 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
DONMAYOR19: take NOTE of this Sammy, she said it, support her...grin
see u so u no dey happy nw as i talk am
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Just passing by and no update
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
seunviju: Just passing by and no update

A little update is here...check below
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pls manage this small update. Thanks.

[b]CHAPTER SIX

My class teacher rushes in. It is 9am already. She was very shocked when she saw Bode lying on the floor.

"What happened, Rose?" she asks me.

"I--I have k--killed him," I tell her.

"How? What did you do to him?"

"I held his neck tight," I say.

I explain the whole thing to my teacher. She carried him to the hospital immediately. I followed her there, shaking like a leaf.

This Bode must be an 'ogbanje', I think. How can he die because of that little squeezing of his neck? Have I not done something similar to Bose a female counterpart for that matter and she didn't die?

I sit at the waiting room expecting to hear the doctor's verdict. If Bode is dead, then I'd rather die too, else my daddy will kill me by himself. I have seen it in films how people kill themselves. They call it suicide. Maybe that is what I will also do, I ponder. God will understand.

My teacher tells me that Bode has regained consciousness. He has been diagnosed for asthma.

"Asthma?" I say. I become scared. "Did I cause it?"

"No you didn't Rose," she says. "You only triggered it when you choked him; it is good this happened, else the boy would keep living with it without knowing."

I look at my teacher's face on and on. How did she know that something was happening in my home for her to have rushed down there at the nick of time? Maybe it's because I didn't ring the bell in school when I should. I ask her, "Ma, why did you rush down to my home like that?"

She smile and says, "God told me to do so. Actually, I couldn't rest in my spirit when I didn't see you in school on time, so I decided to check on you."

"I thought as much," I reply.

Daddy comes around after work. My teacher must have explained what happened to him. The look on his face is as if he should tear me apart for almost killing his son. I fear what Toyosi will do if she learns about it.

My mother also calls at the hospital. This time, she speaks harshly to me.

"Rose, do you want to kill somebody?"

"I am sorry mother," I plead.

"Shut up!" she signalled harshly to me. I weep. This time around she didn't console me and I understand why; I am a threat to her matrimonial home, I think.

When mummy and I returned home after Bode was discharged, we met our loads outside the house. Daddy is kicking us out again.

We have to put up in my aunty's place for weeks. Toyosi even came to the place to insult us. She hit my mother on the face with the pointed part of her stiletto.

"You want to kill my child for me? I swear, what I will do for you, you shall both regret it. I will blow whistle with your nostrils, you wicked nuisance. Ah! In my life shall I live to enjoy the fruit of my womb but I swear that deaf mute idol you are calling your daughter will die soon, as glory be to God! Call me bastard if it doesn't happen!"

My aunty was angry. She rushes to confront her, but my weeping mother didn't allow her do that. The sight is unbearable to me. I run down the staircase and roll over accidentally.

The woman stands over me and claps her hands over my head:

"Good! This is just the beginning for you. Call me bastard if I, Toyosi the daughter of Balogun, don't ruin your family!"

I didn't have much injury when I fell. I get up and my aunt comes around me to pick me up. She so much loves me such that she has mastered the sign language too. She is even the one who tells me everything Bode's mother was yelling about.

"Rose, just be who you are. Don't fear, she can't do anything to hurt you," my aunty assures me afterwards.

Mummy says it is time to divorce my daddy as I have advised her earlier. It seems okay by me, at least it will help me to steer clear of trouble every now and then.

[/b]

Dedicated to Baby joker and Donmayor19

2 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nyc update

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 1:08am On Aug 09, 2014
babyjoker: see u so u no dey happy nw as i talk am
my baby how u dey? I need u right now. grin....thanks for the update and dedication Sammy. Me and my page lady are so much happy now.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 09, 2014
Story update!!!

[b]CHAPTER SEVEN

Rachael my aunty is a widow. Her children are in boarding school. She is a civil servant. She is a very hardworking and religious type. She seems very godly and I appreciate her lifestyle. I feel at home in her house more than in my father's house.

Racheal is about five feet seven inches tall. Her natural hair is what she has on her head but it looks very long such that it makes me doubt that it is natural. My mother's natural hair hasn't been as long as half of hers. They cut often.

Rachael is only two years younger than my mother, yet she is already a widow. Her husband died in a plane crash some years back. They are wealthy. She is lucky however that her husband is distant from family members while he was alive, else they would have sent her packing.

Rachael doesn't play with church issue. She will never skip church activities for anything. Her faith seems to be very strong. She believes in moving mountain with prayers. She loves to fill my head up with challenging testimonies from the Bible. I wonder why I haven't witnessed any such testimony in our real life today.

"It's faith," she says. "People in our contemporary world don't have faith anymore. They are more hasty than God."

In one way or the other, I used to believe in God anytime I am with her. The love and care she shows, the warm accommodation--even the devil himself will tend to repent of his sins after spending a week or two with her, I think.

My aunty suddenly comes up with an idea. She says that she has a very strong faith that my deafness and dumbness will end before the end of that month June. I doubt it.

"Rose, my faith is lifted," she says. "Only believe, you will speak and hear this month," she assures me. As usual, she will always have testimonies to back up her claims. She is better off being a motivational speaker. I wonder what she is doing in the civil service.

Rachael tells us that there is a Crusade coming up and their general pastor will be coming all the way from Abuja their headquarters.

"Rachael, the lame have walked, the blind have seen, the sick have been healed. I am strongly sure this is your time, Rose. The pastor doesn't need to lay hands on you before you receive your healing."

"Are you sure aunty?" I ask in doubt.

"Yes! Will I ever lie to you?" she reassures me. I take her by her word.

It is a holiday period for me already because I have finished my common entrance examination without my daddy's support. She(Rachael) is even the one who takes up all the responsibilities then.

The crusade will be a five-day crusade. An open air crusade it is called. No canopy at all--we have to chase rain away with our prayers. The first night it rained heavily. We become wet from head to toes.

My aunty calls it showers of blessing.

"When Elijah was about to do exploit, it began with showers of rain. Rose, this is the assurance that you will get your divine touch," she says. I believe her.

The second, third and fourth days passed without any thing. I begin to doubt what aunty says. However, people come out each day to share their testimonies. Two blind people also came out to say that they were blind but now they see. Even a deaf boy shares his testimony.

Before the dawn of the fifth day, my aunty prays for me personally. She cast out the spirit of deafness and dumbness but nothing happens. That spirit inside my mouth and ears must be too stubborn for remaining there, going by how my aunty was shouting vigorously(I know she was shouting going by the look of her face as she opened her mouth).

On the fifth day, the embarrassment becomes so pronounced, not only on me but on my aunty too when nothing happens to me. She weeps bitterly.

"Why? God why?" she weeps.

"God hates me," I say.

"Don't say so!"

"Or there is no God!"

"Hey! Rose, don't go there!" my mother reprimands me at once.

That night, I slept and had a nightmare...

My Nightmare

In my dream, I saw a woman sitting beside a native doctor. They were speaking, but I didn't hear what they were saying since I was deaf and dumb. They were looking inside a small calabash filled with water. I saw my image in that calabash. They bent over the calabash and going by the look of their mouths, they were shouting something. They kept shouting and shouting inside the water, but nothing happened.

I wake from sleep. I tremble. I tell my mummy and my aunty what I see.

"Praise the Lord, Rose!" my aunty shouts. "That woman you see in your dream is your enemy. She has taken your name to the herbalist and they are calling your name to death. But since you can't hear them, you didn't respond. If you have responded, Rose, that is the end."

"Ah!" my mummy shouts.

Now I thank my star that I haven't received the miracle of speaking and hearing. If I have, then I would have heard and replied the wicked people calling my name and then I would have died.

"Thank you Jesus," I say.
[/b]

6 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by stormybucci(m): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2014
Moral lesson of dis episode:
GOD DOES EVERYTHING 4 A PURPOSE, SO IF U HAVE ANY PROBLEM ND IT HASN'T BEEN SOLVED BY GOD, DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2014
stormybucci: Moral lesson of dis episode:
GOD DOES EVERYTHING 4 A PURPOSE, SO IF U HAVE ANY PROBLEM ND IT HASN'T BEEN SOLVED BY GOD, DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY

Hmm...pastor bucci...gud morning wink
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by stormybucci(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2014
SammyHoe:

Hmm...pastor bucci...gud morning wink
my oga good morning oooo.... u don baff wif salt nd water again dis mawin??
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Rainstorms(m): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2014
following boss,but try to be more careful with your tenses

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2014
Rainstorms: following boss,but try to be more careful with your tenses

Don't mind me, I'll make corrections
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2014
hmmmmmn hmmmmn this story is too interesting i wish 2 say something but i no get chance 2 comment guess i wil try 2 comment later. weldone sammyhoe

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by amsad19(m): 9:58am On Aug 09, 2014
I can't keep silent anymore this story is really heart touching...

keeeeeep it up #oga sammy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2014
Omortolah: hmmmmmn hmmmmn this story is too interesting i wish 2 say something but i no get chance 2 comment guess i wil try 2 comment later. weldone sammyhoe

Lol...u no comment? Lolling till infinity grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Handsome Devil I Know / Make Me A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.