Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (118326 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Aipete2(f): 7:30am On Aug 16, 2014
stormybucci: am nt upto 25 ooo but would be very soon
What are we here for? Oya, face ya frnt oh
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by dammygoody(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2014
Oh Sammyprof.. You are able...just hope you're doing fine...
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by omotalkie(f): 9:25am On Aug 16, 2014
Tank God I've been able to meet up with u guys, Neva knew u started anoda story. Gr8 piece u have here Sammy( so touching). Ure indeed a genius!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Abuklaw(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
I have finally catch up with you guys. This is a very interesting and touching story. Sammyhoe-the genius himself, you're too good

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
...just passing
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 18, 2014
Good day evrione. I'm very sorry I've been away for a while...for 2 reasons anyway...
1. Subscription has expired
2. Busy learning VB.NET

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SHOWED THEIR CONCERN AT MY ABSENSE. BYE FOR NOW.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by 3Dimension: 7:35am On Aug 18, 2014
Sammy I miss u. #NoHomo
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by lenmafon: 10:24am On Aug 19, 2014
pls sammy come upload o! we no like this suspense way u put us. how's ur vb.net program going? sanni da aki
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by onosj(f): 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
Oga Sammy Weldon!

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by hoyhebhukhs(f): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
oga sammy i gt 8am lectures tomao,yet i dey hia, u don turn me to addict o. sha com update oooo

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Opracus(f): 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
uncle yi pls upload ooo i cnt wait again oooo u pple just dey chat chat chat chat ahhhh abeg uploade
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Opracus: uncle yi pls upload ooo i cnt wait again oooo u pple just dey chat chat chat chat ahhhh abeg uploade

Uploading in progress...
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Aipete2 the pagelady and Dammygoody the pagelord. .

[b]CHAPTER EIGHT

My aunt and my mother are still in the euphoria of the great thing God did for us, even three days after the dream I had. Now I have begun to see that some advantages can be in being disabled. Well, I still don't fully agree to it anyway. But that woman I see in the dream calling my name, I have never seen her in real life before. Who can she be? I wonder.

Rachael soon began to pester my mother to return to my father. She says that divorce is not a good Christian practice. It seems as if she wants me to 'hear' what they are saying so she talks to my mother in sign language:

"Hannah, Hannah, Hannah, how many times did I call you?"

"Twice Rachael," my mummy answers.

"Not twice, three times," she signals.

"Yes, three times," my mummy answers.

"You have to return to your husband right now, please."

"I can't!" she replies. "John is selfish! All he wants is other people's inconveniences to please himself. He keeps beating me and my daughter up. Before he kills us we have to stay away from him. Sister, tell us if you are tired of accomodating us and we will just leave here for another place."

"Ahn! Ahn! Why are you talking like this, Hannah? Did I complain that I am tired? Infact my sister, you have disappointed me for saying such a thing," she frowns.

"I am very sorry my sister, it is just that I am confused about the whole thing," my mother sobs. A tear rolled down my left cheek. The worry was too much conspicuous on her face.

I wish never to return to my father. I don't know why Rachael is raising that forgone issue now. Why can't she just let us be? At least it is not every woman that must stay in her husband's wife. She is an example, since she has been living alone since her husband's death.

I come into thw issue:

"Aunty Rachael, daddy doesn't want us anymore, don't you understand? He used his own hands to throw our loads out of the house. Even if we beg him, he won't agree for us to return," I say. I wait for her to say something. Her throat is dancing to the gulp of the water passing through it. She is drinking water in a glass cup. Aunty bangs the tumbler against the table and says, "Rose, it's not true, your daddy will accept you, at least you know that it is not possible to chase a bad child away for a tiger to tear apart. Just humbly go to him and kneel down before him, then he will take you back."

"Okay, okay, we will do that if you will go with us Rachael," my mother says.

"That's not a big deal, Hannah, I will come with you anytime you are ready. Can we go now?" she says.

I squeeze up my face. The thought of returning to my father is like returning to earth after making it to heaven. My world has changed so much within the few days I am with my aunt. She is the kindest person in the world.

"Okay, we shall go tomorrow," my mother promised.

"Accepted by me," Rachael says.

"Not accepted by me," I barge in stubbornly. Rachael smiles and says, "Majority carries the vote. We are going right there tomorrow." She comes around me and kisses my forehead. Then she lowers her right ear to my chest to feel the thumps of my heart.

"Never worry Rose, all is well. Your father will treat you well henceforth," she says, then she folds me up in her hands.

My mother's left hand clutched into a fist which she had rested her chin upon. Her face looked more depressed than mine. When I look into her face she seems ageing. I rush to her.

"Mother, don't think too much, you are ageing rapidly," I say.

"Ageing?" she manages to ask in smiles. "I am not ageing my daughter."

"Well...if you say so...anyway, I am here to tell you that all is well, a message from Aunty Rachael."

"Okay o, jolly little daughter, I have heard you," says mother. A knock rocked the door.

"Yes, come in, who is there?" my aunty must have shouted, going by the movement of her mouth. The door got opened gently and someone ambled in.

Toyosi!!! It is my stepmother stepping in as if to murder us. My heart jumped off my body![/b]

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
Lolling...Rose,is it only your heart jumped off your body abi your body went out of your clothes n ran outside...." Don't worry all will be well"..a message from me ....More vaseline to your elbow@sammyhoe
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
ToriEmManson: Lolling...Rose,is it only your heart jumped off your body abi your body went out of your clothes n ran outside...." Don't worry all will be well"..a message from me ....More vaseline to your elbow@sammyhoe

Thanks xo well
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
...good to see you back here, boss.
I'm glad.

@ToriEmManson, I sight you ooo. How far na? wink
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: ...good to see you back here, boss.
I'm glad.

@ToriEmManson, I sight you ooo. How far na? wink
Abeg no use back teeth laf me o...boss ke...As usual i'm fyn n chilling wid my ebola free BM ... Wad abt u?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by lenmafon: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
@sammyhoe thank 4 de update. when will the next one come? but why u come use dis name 'helen'? kudos sad
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
ToriEmManson: Lolling...Rose,is it only your heart jumped off your body abi your body went out of your clothes n ran outside...." Don't worry all will be well"..a message from me ....More vaseline to your elbow@sammyhoe

speak to Rose in sign language, pls grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by lenmafon: 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
u too write de story in sign languge cheesy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
SammyHoe:

speak to Rose in sign language, pls grin
|)¤^+ \/\/¤!~!~`/ /_\|| \/\/¡|| 3£ \/\/£||
Chai o'boi dis 1 na symbol language no be sign again bt sha Rose go undastand...buh ehm Sammyhoe u self suppose get video attached 2 dis stori o mek me follow sabi d sign language bt sha mek i enta ghost mode nw wer toyosi don cum o ..ah no want mek slap pass persn kum land 4 my own domot...if u wan quote me na unto symbols wer i go undastand o
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
lenmafon: @sammyhoe thank 4 de update. when will the next one come? but why u come use dis name 'helen'? kudos sad

It is a mistake, I meant to write 'Hannah' and not 'Helen'
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:13am On Aug 22, 2014
Good morning everyone...

[b]CHAPTER NINE

My body shakes as I set my eyes on her. What can she be here for? Even my mother isn't asking her anything. Suddenly, her stern face drops and she seems sober.

"G--good day," she greets us. I have read her lips to get what she says.

"What do you want?" my aunt challenges her. She didn't invite her in.

"I--I come to apologize," she must have said, going by the gesture she makes.

My aunty didn't take her serious at first, but eventually, she did.

Toyosi tells us that she has regretted her actions. She says that she wants us back in the house. When my mummy tells her that it won't be possible, she began to beg her.

My mummy tells me the whole story in detail; according to her, John is getting worried over not having anybody to take care of Bode and himself. He visits Toyosi in her matrimonial home often until she advised him to take back his wife and children.

"Don't worry, John will take a very good care of you and your daughter," mummy says, mimicking in sign language how Toyosi has said it.

"So, after throwing our loads out that man still have the gut to beg us to return, huh!" I say angrily.

"Hey, Rose, he's your daddy, so you have no right to call him that man!" Rachael says. "By the way, this is just a kind of an answer to our prayers. Didn't I tell you yesterday that if you go there tomorrow to beg him, he will listen to you?"

"Heard," I gesticulate. "What about that wicked wh'ore, did she apologize to you before she leaves? Remember she was bragging few days back that she will do something terrible to us."

"She did apologize," my mother says.

"Remember I say she will come and do that in one of our prayers," Rachael says. She always love bringing God, church, bible and prayers into every little matter. I love her for that anyway.

"Younger sister, you are a prophetess," my mummy makes fun of her and pushes her head slightly.

"That's a gift from above sister," Rachael says. "Even before my husband died, I foretold his death; it came as a vision, but my husband didn't pay attention." Rachael's face develops into a grotesque. Remembering her husband has remained her ugliest moments; a cross to bear.

My mother turns to me and says, "Rose, infact Toyosi promised to come and spend this weekend with us so that she can have time to have fun with you."

"With me? Why?" I say in an unforgiven manner.

"Rose, let her come, there is no big deal about that. Afterall we have prayed to have peace with everyone and our prayer is being answered right now," mother says. "Rose, she even said that you will teach her the sign language when she comes."

My aunt makes her mouth into something for a while. She must have coughed, going by the way the lips are set. Seems she doesn't approve of the idea that I teach her sign language.

My mother looks at her face for a while. A sparkle of shock is on her face. It is as if the cough is a significance of something I don't know.

"First thing tomorrow morning, Rachael, I'm off to my husband's house," mummy says eventually, shutting her eyes, sobbing.

I can't sleep at night. I just keep rolling around on my fat bed. My eyes are clear. My mind flashes back to past events; those harassments from my father. I weep. I hope it won't continue.

My dream is the sweetest ever; I ride on a horse with my father. I speak with him verbally, Bode sitting with my mummy on the other white horse. A long horsetail is in my grip. I feel like a queen.

I come off the horse's back and fall to the ground.

"What the hell!" I have just rolled off my fat bed to the ground. Dream is silly indeed.[/b]

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Temmytayo20(f): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2014
Nice update... Weldone boss!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2014
Temmytayo20: Nice update... Weldone boss!

Thnks
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by dammygoody(m): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Welcome back prof..
Things are gradually coming into place...
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ride on...I dey ur bak
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by maputohq: 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Divepen: Ride on...I dey ur bak
Get down from his back; you might fall off like rose.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Welcome back mr sammy and thanks 4 the update.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
maputohq:
Get down from his back; you might fall off like rose.
No...Mr. Sammyhoe is trustworthy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by missuniverse(f): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
Teaching Toyosi sign language:-/hmmm,dnt buy dat idea.

TGIF
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cindydearie(f): 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
Oga sammy well don

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Handsome Devil I Know / Make Me A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.