Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA (897 Views)

Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning / Manchester United, Real Madrid, And Bayern Munich Target Martin Odegaard Called / Life (and Business) Lessons From The Manchester United – Real Madrid Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by bosun11(m): 12:32am On Aug 03, 2014
Over 109,000 fans were packed into the stadium in Michigan to watch the Red Devils' 3-1 win - more than the previous record set in the 1984 Olympics

Manchester United's 3-1 win over Real Madrid set a new record for attendance at a football match in the United States.

109,318 fans packed into Michigan Stadium, beating the previous record of 101,799, which was set at the 1984 Olympic final when France beat Brazil 2-0 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.

That venue and tournament saw the only other six-figure football attendance in U.S. history, as 100,374 saw Yugoslavia defeat Italy 2-1 for the bronze medal.

Saturday's figure also eclipses the attendance for the World Cup final in 1994, which saw 94,194 watch Brazil take on Italy in the most high-profile game to take place in America to date.

Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez grabbed a goal for the Red Devils after Ashley Young scored two either side of Gareth Bale's penalty, continuing Louis van Gaal's positive start as United boss.

United now move on to face Liverpool in the final of the International Champions Cup on August 5 at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, while Madrid will prepare for the Uefa Super Cup against Sevilla in Cardiff.
Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by onome710(m): 1:00am On Aug 03, 2014
But what is the capacity of the stadium because I thought the biggest stadium was the maracana in brazil and its capacity aint up to 100k (I stand to be corrected)
If this stadium contain this number then it should be the biggest in the world.
Am I right ot wrong?
Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by DickDastardly(m): 2:02am On Aug 03, 2014
onome710: But what is the capacity of the stadium because I thought the biggest stadium was the maracana in brazil and its capacity aint up to 100k (I stand to be corrected)
Am I right ot wrong?
Dead Wrong

1 Like

Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by onome710(m): 2:14am On Aug 03, 2014
DickDastardly:
Dead Wrong

Don't just shoot 'Dead wrong'. Do well to correct me.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by rafindo(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2014
onome710:

Don't just shoot 'Dead wrong'. Do well to correct me.
.the biggest football stadium is rungado in north korea.rose stadium in california is america biggest built soccer stadium.majority of stadium in the us are dual purpose stadia used for football,soccer nd rugby.the new maracana is 80 thousand capacity
Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by StealthyMe(m): 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
109,318 record attendance for a soccer match in America....
And for a fruendly match

1 Like

Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
My God!!!

Not really surprised though.
Afterall, Madrid and United are one of the biggest clubs in the world. With plenty of supporters.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by bosun11(m): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
StealthyMe: 109,318 record attendance for a soccer match in America....
And for a fruendly match

thanks for the uploaded picture
Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by bosun11(m): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Largas: My God!!!

Not really surprised though.
Afterall, Madrid and United are one of the biggest clubs in the world. With plenty of supporters.

spot on ...man
Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by StealthyMe(m): 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
bosun11:

thanks for the uploaded picture

cheesy Anytime Man
Re: Manchester United - Real Madrid Smashes Attendance Record In USA by bankydd(m): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2014
onome710: But what is the capacity of the stadium because I thought the biggest stadium was the maracana in brazil and its capacity aint up to 100k (I stand to be corrected)
Am I right ot wrong?

The Maracana Stadium had a capacity of 110,000 and holds the record attendance of the largest football match ever last century.I think 1950.. but for this world cup the stadium was renovated..so the capacity was reduced to 90+..

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Interviewed By TIMES Recently, What He Has To Say / Nigeria Fails To Qualify As Best Losers / Danny Welbeck Facing Death Threats After Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.