Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Nissan Vanette Bus Drains Battery - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Vanette Bus Drains Battery (821 Views)

Car Remote Drains Battery Fast. / Car Battery Drains Fast, Help Pls! / Car Overheats And Drains Water Thru Radiator Reservoir Hose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Vanette Bus Drains Battery by joephemzyz(m): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2014
Hello guys,
My mom uses a nissan vanette bus for her business and it was very reliable until her mechanic decided to convert its injector to carburretor.
after the conversion,the bus started draining battery.we ve tried on several occassions to find out what's draining the battery,so far, there has been no luck yet.when the vehicle is parked for up to 24 hrs, the battery becomes weak and thus won't start the vehiclem
Ps I need all the help I. Can get.
Thanks y'all
Re: Nissan Vanette Bus Drains Battery by kablooee: 4:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Seriously why all these "frypan to fire" approach? Fuel injection to carburetor?

To begin, let her return to d factory system, scan d vehicle and post results.
Re: Nissan Vanette Bus Drains Battery by Hardheolar(m): 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
joephemzyz: Hello guys,
My mom uses a nissan vanette bus for her business and it was very reliable until her mechanic decided to convert its injector to carburretor.
after the conversion,the bus started draining battery.we ve tried on several occassions to find out what's draining the battery,so far, there has been no luck yet.when the vehicle is parked for up to 24 hrs, the battery becomes weak and thus won't start the vehiclem
Ps I need all the help I. Can get.
Thanks y'all
what da heck.. why on earth Will u change ur injector to carburetor.. in diz 21st century..
Re: Nissan Vanette Bus Drains Battery by DECOtech(m): 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
joephemzyz: until her mechanic decided to convert its injector to carburretor.
That was how the reliable Nissan Vannet died.
Re: Nissan Vanette Bus Drains Battery by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Why are Nigerians never willing to learn simple things instead they learn the hard way after they've bitten the dust?

Apart from dangerous electrical terminals being left at the mercy of whatever, that van will consume more petrol, produce more emmissions, slow and uninspiring to drive, expensive to run in the long run. Trust me, that your monkey oops sorry mechanic is an enemy of progress and should be left in the dark pre-technological ages.
Re: Nissan Vanette Bus Drains Battery by joephemzyz(m): 12:13am On Aug 04, 2014
Thanks guys,
From the response I have gotten so far, I guess the best bet will be to revert to the injector sys.
All d parts removed during d conversion are still intact.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Into Car Hire Service In USA? / How To Check For Your Car Part Number / Lincoln Mechanic Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.