Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Mark’s Wife Seeks Chibok Girls’ Release As Birthday Gift - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark’s Wife Seeks Chibok Girls’ Release As Birthday Gift (426 Views)

Boko Haram Ceasefire, Chibok Girls' Release And Other Stories / Boko Haram Negotiates Cease-fire, Chibok Girls Release In S’arabia / Exclusive: Boko Haram Negotiatin Cease-fire, Abducted Girls' Release Wit Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mark’s Wife Seeks Chibok Girls’ Release As Birthday Gift by Opeomoope: 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Wife of the Senate President, Mrs. Helen Mark, has appealed to perpetrators of violent crimes and terrorism ravaging Nigeria to sheath their swords and save citizens from needless agony.
Mark’s wife, according to a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Senate President, Mr. Paul Mumeh, stated this at a church service to mark her 63rd birthday in Abuja.
She specifically pleaded with the Boko Haram insurgents to release unconditionally, the Chibok schoolgirls in their custody, as a special birthday gift to her.
She noted that violent crimes and terrorism poses serious challenge and impeding the peace, unity and development of the nation.
She said, “The mood of the nation does not call for celebration. I wish that we live in peace in Nigeria . I am not celebrating the birthday because of the situation we now find ourselves . It is sad.
“The security situation is embarrassing. I wish that by next year,I will celebrate my birthday in a very joyous mood and in an atmosphere of peace and unity. Not in this kind of sober mood.
“I sincerely join our compatriots and all well meaning citizens of the world to plead with the terrorists to sheath their swords and let us come together. Let them state in clear terms what their grievances are and government would address them.
“These bombings and needless killings are heartbreaking. It cannot be a way of life.”
Mark’s wife particularly bemoaned the continued hostage of the over 200 Chibok Secondary School girls and pleaded with their captors to show mercy on the innocent girls.
She said, “It is difficult to imagine the situation of the girls held in captivity. As a mother my heart bleeds. I can only plead and pray that God almighty touches the heart of their abductors and set them free alive.
“Honestly, the best gift I will want to be given is the release of the Chibok girls and peace in Nigeria, because without peace, there will be no meaningful development.”
In his sermon, the Catholic Priest of Archangel Church, Durumi, Abuja, Rev. Fr. Raphael Madu, harped on the need for selfless service , peaceful co-existence and helping the needy especially the less privileged and the vulnerable in the society

(1) (Reply)

President GEJ Promises Peaceful 2015 Election / Nigeria Bars Entry Of Citizens From Ebola Countries / Nigeria Decide 2015: Awareness And Re Orientation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.