Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,462 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead (14596 Views)

Court Halts Coronation Of New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu / Oba Of Igbogbo Ikorodu Is Dead! / Breakingnews Fashola Instals New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by madridguy(m): 5:59am On Aug 04, 2014
R--------------I---------------P
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by 9jatatafo(m): 6:03am On Aug 04, 2014
Requiscat In Pace et Amor!!! I hope innocent human heads will not roll for ritual things and oro parole. I live in Ikd and the way I have started seeing sacrifices around junctions is strange. God help us!
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by juman(m): 6:25am On Aug 04, 2014
Oyefusi was born on 8 July, 1931. He was installed Ayangburen of Ikorodu in September 1971.
http://www.punchng.com/news/ikorodu-monarch-dies-at-83/

He was also one of the super kings for more than 40 years and the country is a failed state.

1 Like

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by bory09(m): 6:55am On Aug 04, 2014
Bintu4: RIP kabiyesi, but hope they will not close Ikorodu 4 a month 4 there Oro festival? Bundle of backward pple.
is this how you think. Then it is a pity for you living such a life. People of ikorodu will miss this great king. Hmmmm the fight for the next now is the next on the issue. How will it work without no riot
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by dozzzybaba: 7:20am On Aug 04, 2014
Bintu4: RIP kabiyesi, but hope they will not close Ikorodu 4 a month 4 there Oro festival? Bundle of backward pple.
You and your relatives are the backward people. What do you even know about Oro ?
If you are uncomfortable with their practise why dont you leave Ikorodu already

2 Likes

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by alphaomega(m): 7:22am On Aug 04, 2014
abdulslutsky: A o pade leti odo

which eti odo una wan go meet?
odo ikorodu abi?
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by abdulslutsky(m): 7:25am On Aug 04, 2014
Tolexander: you don dey work for orisun radio abi?
smiley abi now
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by abdulslutsky(m): 7:27am On Aug 04, 2014
alphaomega:

odo ikorodu abi?

Odo orun rere tongue
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by omololu2020(m): 7:44am On Aug 04, 2014
am not sorry to say dis,u r so stupid,who force u to live in ikorodu,if u r not comfortable wit oro in ikorodu,den u should go back to ur village mtchewww

3 Likes

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by Bintu4: 7:45am On Aug 04, 2014
bory09(m): 6:55am is this how you think. Then it is a pity for you living such a life. People of ikorodu will miss this great king. Hmmmm the fight for the next now is the next on the issue. How will it work without no riot[color=#990000][/color]. By there words u shall know dem. Same of d same.
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by Bintu4: 7:54am On Aug 04, 2014
dozzzybaba: You and your relatives are the backward people. What do you even know about Oro ?
If you are uncomfortable with their practise why dont. you leave Ikorodu already
. Sorry but think ur family should not b called 2 dis now, if dis is d only way 2 reply then, pity ur generation.
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by Bintu4: 7:57am On Aug 04, 2014
omololu2020: am not sorry to say dis,u r so stupid,who force u to live in ikorodu,if u r not comfortable wit oro in ikorodu,den u should go back to ur village mtchewww
. Sorry sir but think its not a best reply 4rm a sensible person. Mind u,am not staying there n will never.
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by futurewise11(m): 8:03am On Aug 04, 2014

why dont you relocate to your area if they are backward.....Eran Oro

2 Likes

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by futurewise11(m): 8:05am On Aug 04, 2014
Bintu4: . Sorry sir but think its not a best reply 4rm a sensible person. Mind u,am not staying there n will never.
you dont stay there but you call the people there all sort of names....imagine calling your people failure.

1 Like

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by ElFenomeno1: 8:29am On Aug 04, 2014
Networkingprof: Kabiesi waja. Iku l'opin Eda.

Translation please?!
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by Networkingprof: 9:14am On Aug 04, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Translation please?!
The king has transitioned, death is the end of creation. Satisfied?

1 Like

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by ElFenomeno1: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2014
Networkingprof: The king has transitioned, death is the end of creation. Satisfied?
Ok. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by Paretomaster(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2014
Rest in peace great King, a very nice and peace loving King.

What dey do during and after d burial shouldn't b our concern, its dia tradition, I just hope d ORO festival b performed in d dead of d night, instead of shutting down d whole town, no women will b allowed outside throughout d day, females can't com or go out of Ikorodu.

I think Ikorodu is more civilize dan all that, it should b done at night, as suggested by d late King, which have been a battle btw d King and TOS Benson then.

I do enjoy d Oro festival sha, no female around, everywhere seem calm, guys play card, and football on d street, while some took advantage of d abscence of females and walk unclad.

2 Likes

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by jennylove7575(f): 9:42am On Aug 04, 2014
I don't know him but I hate to hear Pple die...may his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by Allansmith: 9:45am On Aug 04, 2014
nickz: rip...hope no cutting of human heads to bury him?? lipsrsealed

I bet people would be hiding there heads as soon as the news of his death was announced....RIP Sir...
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by Allansmith: 9:49am On Aug 04, 2014
alphaomega:

odo ikorodu abi?

Odo ilaaroo..... smiley smiley
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by heedsa10: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2014
why would some1 say ayangbure of ikorudu is not popular ? rather say you are not informed. ikorodu is an ancient city and their obaship post as been exist for long.
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by vicoloni(m): 11:03am On Aug 04, 2014
A charismatic monarch is gone. He successfully persuaded the then Governor Buba Marwa to construct the old Ikorodu tarred road from mile 12 to Ikorodu garage. He also mounted pressure on Governor Tinubu to construct the Ogolonto/Ebute road.
Unconfirmed reports also suggested that he refused to accede to Governor Fashola's request to toll the ongoing road expansion from same mile 12 to Ikorodu.
My only personal grouse with him is that most of the old fetish festivals known with Ikorodu especially Oro was not stopped or modified to complement the rapid socio infrastructural development of the town.
RIP Kabiyesi.
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by revelationuche: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by akraym(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
elgaitan: The paramount ruler of ikorodu and the vice chairman of the council of obas, oba Salaudeen Oyefusi is dead , he died on Saturday the 2nd of August 2014. more updates coming.....
the guy run for Ebola
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by RebelLeader15(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
Apa ti jabo ooooooo jesu!
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by Henrhyme4u(m): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
R.I.P. Awo Lo...
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by eridos: 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
RIP oba..So Many heads would follow I advice anyone staying in that area to be careful and not walk about during d nyte.that town is backward thank God I left there.
Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by whitecat007: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
Why would they stop at 7 when ibo heads are all over Lagos.
Ahuitzotl: So how many human heads are we looking at to be added to his burial mound?...2?,4?,7?!....A palm fruit never escapes the teeth of the mouth unscathed..

1 Like

Re: Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead by omololu2020(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Bintu4: . Sorry sir but think its not a best reply 4rm a sensible person. Mind u,am not staying there n will never.
so y do u hav to b callin d gud pple of ikorodu backward pple,wen u r not even stayin hia,if u dont lik d way tinz r been run in ikorodu(lagos) u can go back to ur state

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

India Spiritual Temple!!!! Solution To Problems!!!! / Learning African Languages / The Great Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.