Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) (6484 Views)

Asus Fonepad 7 Dual Sim Vs Tecno P9 Or Others / Review Of The Asus Zenfone 5 / Asus Fonepad 7 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by Agbi4(m): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
I'm writing this with the Asus fonepad 7 ME175CG and all I can say is that it's a very good tablet with premium build unlike most of the Chinese unbranded tablets you see everyday. I got it last week from Jumia and I haven't had any issues with it, battery backup is very good, audio is loud enough. I'm a heavy Internet user and on 3g it goes beyond 10 hours of continuous usage(screen is turned on most of the time). I haven't used it to play any HD games because I'm not a fan of mobile games.
I kicked against the 2014 refreshed because it's only refreshed on paper but in reality it's inferior to the 2013 edition, considering the resolution, camera, even if you're not buying it to take pictures with it the front camera can come handy when you want to make VOIP calls(1.2mp vs vga). I have an s4 and I needed a premium but cheap tablet, yes I can't compare the 2 devices but the fonepad has not disappointed neither. It can be updated to Android 4.4.2, I'm still running 4.3 but Asus has long released the 4.4.2 firmware maybe it's not yet available in Nigeria but you can download it from their website asus.com and flash the firmware if you can't wait wait for OTA update.
In summary, it's a very good buy.
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by bemagnify: 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
SO WCH OF THE MODEL.. DO WE GO 4?
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by AwesomeRomeo: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Agbi4: I'm writing this with the Asus fonepad 7 ME175CG and all I can say is that it's a very good tablet with premium build unlike most of the Chinese unbranded tablets you see everyday. I got it last week from Jumia and I haven't had any issues with it, battery backup is very good, audio is loud enough. I'm a heavy Internet user and on 3g it goes beyond 10 hours of continuous usage(screen is turned on most of the time). I haven't used it to play any HD games because I'm not a fan of mobile games.
I kicked against the 2014 refreshed because it's only refreshed on paper but in reality it's inferior to the 2013 edition, considering the resolution, camera, even if you're not buying it to take pictures with it the front camera can come handy when you want to make VOIP calls(1.2mp vs vga). I have an s4 and I needed a premium but cheap tablet, yes I can't compare the 2 devices but the fonepad has not disappointed neither. It can be updated to Android 4.4.2, I'm still running 4.3 but Asus has long released the 4.4.2 firmware maybe it's not yet available in Nigeria but you can download it from their website asus.com and flash the firmware if you can't wait wait for OTA update.
Pls wat is d price?
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by doeying(m): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2014
please i need your help.
i want to get a wifi-only tablet that is about 35k (if not less).
please i need your suggestions... for now i have

Xiaomi Mi Pad 7.9
LG G Pad 10.1
LG G Pad 8.3
Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Cube Talk 9X
Dell Venue 8 pro

but they are expensive

1 Like

Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by Agbi4(m): 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
AwesomeRomeo: Pls wat is d price?
The price is N27,995 on Jumia.
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by AwesomeRomeo: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
Agbi4:
The price is N27,995 on Jumia.
28k. I will get one. Tanx bro.
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by timbros(m): 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Agbi4: I'm writing this with the Asus fonepad 7 ME175CG and all I can say is that it's a very good tablet with premium build unlike most of the Chinese unbranded tablets you see everyday. I got it last week from Jumia and I haven't had any issues with it, battery backup is very good, audio is loud enough. I'm a heavy Internet user and on 3g it goes beyond 10 hours of continuous usage(screen is turned on most of the time). I haven't used it to play any HD games because I'm not a fan of mobile games.

Thanks for this preview. Gonna get mine real soon.
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by peaceland(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Dear all,
Dont know what I am doing wrong but I have only wifi connection on my Asus fonepad 7 dual sim
can anyone advice me on this. need to use the internet via my sim card subscriptions
Thank you
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by IamDavid(m): 11:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
Pls does this device come with screen cover? I hate scratches on good screens like this. If no, how much can I get a decent pouch/cover?
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by Nobody: 4:10am On Nov 17, 2014
claycares:
If I can find it for N20k or less I can buy and review for the house.
claycare, i ve followed your opinions on tabs and i found them all superb. kindly advice me base on review whether i should go for ASUS fonepad 7 or TECNO p9 . i'm highly confused . your opinion will help alot.

TECHGURUS IN THE HOUSE CAN ALSO HELP.
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by ifyn4real: 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: The Asus Fonepad 7 (pictures) by abdul01(m): 10:51pm On May 23, 2015
hello guys, is anyone here willing to sell his asus fonepad tablet, i want to buy one, tnx

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap Phones With Extra Long Lasting Battery And Their Prices / See The Infinix Hot 2 Vs. The Samsung Galaxy S4 In The Speed Test / 10 Best Phones Under 40000 Naira In Nigeria – June 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.