Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,725 members, 7,809,764 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (44702 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by suwailad(f): 4:50am On Aug 05, 2014
mindurbiznes: [size=18pt]DOCTOOOORS[/size]

[size=28pt]DOCTOOOORS[/size]

[size=38pt]DOCTOOOORS[/size]

[size=58pt]DOCTOooRS[/size]

YOU KNEW THYS WAS COMING AND YOU HID UNDER THE auspices OF STRIKE!

NO WAY SHOW YOURSELVES NOW. .SHOW US WHAT YOUVE GOT

we need u now more than ever. not for nothing do you enjoy public respect

BRB

this is utter stewpidity
you said nothing meaningful in this gibberish of yours,very juvenile attitude to waste space.

3 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Acidosis(m): 4:52am On Aug 05, 2014
Interesting
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by xp17(m): 5:01am On Aug 05, 2014
all4naija:

Americans will always be there to save the world, no matter the hate they receive from the people.
God Bless America!

5 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by kobonaire(m): 5:10am On Aug 05, 2014
all4naija: This is a misleading post.The whole thing is still going through experimental stages. The doctor is recovering from the serum administered on him and blood transfusion from the patient (who recovered from the disease) he attended to in Liberia.

Americans will always be there to save the world, no matter the hate they receive from the people.
Finally a golden post among all the confusion and misinformation.

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Praktikals(m): 5:14am On Aug 05, 2014
pontirock: Someone tod me dat if people begin to dey infect Americans,USA go quickly release it cure.....O TI SHELE
grin
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Lucasbalo(m): 5:25am On Aug 05, 2014
all4naija: This is a misleading post.The whole thing is still going through experimental stages. The doctor is recovering from the serum administered on him and blood transfusion from the patient (who recovered from the disease) he attended to in Liberia.

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Lucasbalo(m): 5:25am On Aug 05, 2014
xp17: God Bless America!
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by philclem(m): 5:26am On Aug 05, 2014
kiss cool cool
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Lucasbalo(m): 5:28am On Aug 05, 2014
UrbanMystique: the positive side of investing in things that matters.

while africans and their useless leaders are investing billions into religions and goddism... tax payers money are being used to sponsor trip to saudi arabia and jerusalem, the money they could have used to sponsor scientists or students on a more meaningful thing.. they squabble it.
the west are investing theirs into science and technology plus research facilities.

now americans/the west are reaping the benefit of investing in things that matters, africans are still begging a jew/arab's god to come and save them from a simple disease that small research would have cured.

they will soon come and cry wolf about how scientist brought the virus from west as if science is not for africans.

black people.
That's the difference between advanced world and a third world.

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Lucasbalo(m): 5:30am On Aug 05, 2014
MiguelMi6: Only on Issues of grave importance like this do most africans-Nigerians in particular remember the very importance of america as the world police.Just sayingundecided,mention a three letter word and you'll see the hate they'll spew on the almighty USofA grin grin
You are right. A lot of the hatred is pure envy.

4 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Lucasbalo(m): 5:31am On Aug 05, 2014
lilprinze: Americans use dere brains to save d world bt Nigerians use dere own brains for evil things lyk looting our money,stealing,killing shm
Gbam.

3 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by pendusky(m): 5:38am On Aug 05, 2014
now I believe Ebola virus was engineered in a lap. and am suspecting The first company to Being able to produce it medicine. WorldWarZ

3 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by englishmart(m): 5:41am On Aug 05, 2014
African depending on those white as.ses since September 7th 22. BC undecided
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Kalvan50: 5:44am On Aug 05, 2014
jared007: Evil Americans they create the virus and make a fortune by providing a cure.

Is that how you thank your American overlords?!

Bow down boy, my tax dollars are about to save your family.

4 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by philclem(m): 5:45am On Aug 05, 2014
Heyliesha: funny] AIDS FEATURING EBOLA

Conversation between AIDS &
EBOLA:
AIDS: na who be dis too?
EBOLA: bro na me oooo, ur sis! i don
show
AIDS: Which kind bad market b dis na, watin
carry u come
EBOLA: Hmmmm bros why u dey yarn
like dis na, ur reign never do u? Abi na
only u dey dis world. I even hear say †hεm dn
find cure fr you.
AIDS: So who give u transport come
Naija?
EBOLA: Bros na one man from
Liberia ooo. Him say make i
accompany am come Nigeria. As we
reach na him i carry leg leave am ooo.
AIDS: so hw u want operate here?
EBOLA: I go follow all d state wey get d
same
alphabet wit my name... Na
for dos state i go operate.
AIDS: name the states for me
EBOLA: Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Bayelsa,
Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Oyo, Ondo,
Lagos, Abia, Adamawa,Akwa ibom, Anambra.
AIDS: u b baddo, so out of 36 states
u take only 15?........ Sis u tyt,,,, me
self i want upgrade...... Na through
air i want carry d enter pple.
EBOLA: bro i bin here say boko haram dey
worry
for north? E b like i
no go reach der ooo. I no wan die
AIDS: Market no dey move der again
ooo...
lol......Just for fun
‪#Stay‬ safe,
EBOLA
is real..

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by niceeric(m): 6:01am On Aug 05, 2014
Nigerians and our crazy ways of twisting the truth to make News 'attractive' in our selfish ways.....Anyways,the facts are :-

1. it's not a secret serum but an Experimental Serum.....New drugs are tested to see how potent they are and evaluate their side effects if any before they are mass produced to be used in saving ur powerless, lying, monkey-eating, Ebola infected @sses.

2. The Doctor isn't out of the woods yet so he isn't saved.....According to reports,he has greatly improved and infact started improving about 20 minutes after being administered d serum as he was near death when the drug was tested on him...Not forgetting he almost died saving ur African @sses from an epidemic
He's still in confines of the hospital being viewed by his wife only through a glass bordering his bed as he is still able to transmit the virus.....Damn Africans!....we should always state facts in cases like dis and drop the wicked 'news framing' for once!

11 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by rhymz(m): 6:15am On Aug 05, 2014
Three top secret, experimental vials stored at subzero
temperatures were flown into Liberia last week in a last-
ditch effort to save two American missionary workers who
had contracted Ebola, according to a source familiar with
details of the treatment.
On July 22, Dr. Kent Brantly woke up feeling feverish.
Fearing the worst, Brantly immediately isolated himself.
Nancy Writebol's symptoms started three days later. A
rapid field blood test confirmed the infection in both of
them after they had become ill with fever, vomiting and
diarrhea.
It's believed both Brantly and Writebol, who worked with
the aid organization Samaritan's Purse, contracted Ebola
from another health care worker at their hospital in
Liberia, although the official Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention case investigation has yet to be released.
A representative from the National Institutes of Health
contacted Samaritan's Purse in Liberia and offered the
experimental treatment, known as ZMapp, for the two
patients, according to the source.
The drug was developed by the biotech firm Mapp
Biopharmaceutical Inc. The patients were told that this
treatment had never been tried before in a human being
but had shown promise in small experiments with
monkeys.
According to company documents, four monkeys infected
with Ebola survived after being given the therapy within
24 hours after infection. Two of four additional monkeys
that started therapy within 48 hours after infection also
survived. One monkey that was not treated died within five
days of exposure to the virus.
Brantly and Writebol were aware of the risk of taking a
new, little understood treatment; informed consent was
obtained from both Americans, according to two sources
familiar with the care of the missionary workers. In the
monkeys, the experimental serum had been given within
48 hours of infection. Brantly didn't receive it until he'd
been sick for nine days.
The medicine is a three-mouse monoclonal antibody,
meaning that mice were exposed to fragments of the
Ebola virus and then the antibodies generated within the
mice's blood were harvested to create the medicine. It
works by preventing the virus from entering and infecting
new cells.
The Ebola virus causes viral hemorrhagic fever, which
refers to a group of viruses that affect multiple organ
systems in the body and are often accompanied by
bleeding.
Early symptoms include sudden onset of fever, weakness,
muscle pain, headaches and a sore throat. They later
progress to vomiting, diarrhea, impaired kidney and liver
function -- and sometimes internal and external bleeding.
The ZMapp vials reached the hospital in Liberia where
Brantly and Writebol were being treated Thursday
morning. Doctors were instructed to allow the vials to
thaw naturally without any additional heat. It was
expected that it would be eight to 10 hours before the
medicine could be given, according to a source familiar
with the process.
Brantly asked that Writebol be given the first dose
because he was younger and he thought he had a better
chance of fighting it, and she agreed. However, as the first
vial was still thawing, Brantly's condition took a sudden
turn for the worse.
Brantly began to deteriorate and developed labored
breathing. He told his doctors he thought he was dying,
according to a source with firsthand knowledge of the
situation.
Knowing his dose was still frozen, Brantly asked if he
could have Writebol's now-thawed medication. It was
brought to his room and administered through an IV.
Within an hour of receiving the medication, Brantly's
condition dramatically improved. He began breathing
easier; the rash over his trunk faded away. One of his
doctors described the events as "miraculous."
By the next morning, Brantly was able to take a shower on
his own before getting on a specially designed Gulfstream
air ambulance jet to be evacuated to the United States.
Writebol also received a vial of the medication. Her
response was not as remarkable, according to sources
familiar with the treatment. However, doctors on Sunday
administered Writebol a second dose of the medication,
which resulted in significant improvement.
She was stable enough to be evacuated back to the United
States and is expected to arrive before noon Tuesday.
ZMapp has not been approved for human use, and has not
even gone through the clinical trial process, which is
standard to prove the safety and efficacy of a medication.
The process by which the medication was made available
to Brantly and Writebol is highly unusual. It may have
fallen under the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's
"compassionate use" regulation, which allows access to
investigational drugs outside clinical trials.
Getting approval for compassionate use is often long and
laborious, but in the case of Brantly and Writebol, they
received the medication within seven to 10 days of their
exposure to the Ebola virus.
On July 30, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, an arm
of the military responsible for any chemical, biological,
radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosive threats,
allotted additional funding to MAPP Biopharmaceutical
due to "promising results."

8 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by xJaysonx(m): 6:16am On Aug 05, 2014
USA...them too much!

3 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Youpele52: 6:21am On Aug 05, 2014
thexyz: So wait, the US may have found a cure to Ebola? And if they have, will they come help patients of this dreaded disease in Africa? The article below was written by Dr. Sanjay Gupta for CNN and they are saying an experimental drug called ZMapp likely saved the lives of 2 US missionary doctors (pictured above) who contracted the disease while working in Liberia...see report below from CNN..
Continue here:>>> http://www.ireportersnews.com/2014/08/us-doctors-say-secret-serum-helped-save.html

Last week I posted on nairaland that:

Ebola virus like her nephew HIV, methinks is a genetic engineered virus engineered by the _____ lab scientists in their lab.
For the test run they use the ____ as their lab rats.

They said no cure for Ebola but they cured their citizen, only the engineer of this Ebola virus knows the antidote

6 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by lolaxavier(m): 6:23am On Aug 05, 2014
hilary26: The moment they decided to return the two doctors home for treatment I knew they have always had the cure.
America is the home factory of every virus. Africa is the test field. What they do is to come as tourists and infect our animals or plants and then go home to wait for results.
It is just business, just like HIV, now the nations with the epidemic will start paying them for the drugs.
In 1984, Robert Gallo filed a patent for his new invention, HIV. Today they tell us the virus got to humans from monkeys because we share certain DNA details with them.
America had the cure for Ebola way back in the 1970s when they manufactured the virus.
For every virus made, they also make the antivirus. Just like in comouters. The software companies that sells anti virus softwares are those who introduce viruses so we may buy their antivirus.

You be mumu...id**t...

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by dasparrow: 6:31am On Aug 05, 2014
hilary26: The moment they decided to return the two doctors home for treatment I knew they have always had the cure.
America is the home factory of every virus. Africa is the test field. What they do is to come as tourists and infect our animals or plants and then go home to wait for results.
It is just business, just like HIV, now the nations with the epidemic will start paying them for the drugs.
In 1984, Robert Gallo filed a patent for his new invention, HIV. Today they tell us the virus got to humans from monkeys because we share certain DNA details with them.
America had the cure for Ebola way back in the 1970s when they manufactured the virus.
For every virus made, they also make the antivirus. Just like in comouters. The software companies that sells anti virus softwares are those who introduce viruses so we may buy their antivirus.

Exactly! And here you have america's azz kissers on Nairaland already praising their 'god' America for a job well done when we all know that everything about USA is money. The American pharmaceutical companies will make no money if people don't fall sick and require drugs especially for an extended period of time. But some Nairalanders lack critical thinking skills and think everything USA does is in black and white. Americans will do anything for money including kill, steal and destroy like their master satan while deluded self-hating Negros will come on Nairaland and sing praises to them for creating a virus and finding a cure for it after human life has been lost. SMH. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery is all I can say.

15 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by dasparrow: 6:33am On Aug 05, 2014
lolaxavier:

You be mumu...id**t...

Acting like a typical mentally enslaved Negro....the type that will run to white 'masser' and report when a fellow slave is about to run away from the plantation. Please take your self hating Nigerian azz to an american forum! We don''t need your type here. Go worship your white master on storm front.

10 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by ibedun: 6:33am On Aug 05, 2014
[quote author=lolaxavier]
You be mumu...id**t...[/quote

Why is he a Mumu?

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by lilmax(m): 6:34am On Aug 05, 2014
They should also tell us when the virus was made.....eminem said they also invented HIV

3 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by ibedun: 6:37am On Aug 05, 2014
May be the Black man deserves to be eliminated? We are not adding any value to our world, are we?

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by lakamua: 6:38am On Aug 05, 2014
wayne4loan: America the greatest country on planet earth , because of 2 of their citizens are affected by Ebola ,they find cure sharp sharp... How I wish my beloved country Nigeria can rise to its pinnacle.... If u be believe say naija go better pls like
hw old are you?
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by gistmelove(m): 6:41am On Aug 05, 2014
Please call 08085310359:::50yrs warranty stone coated roofing tile

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by texazzpete(m): 6:41am On Aug 05, 2014
dasparrow:

Acting like a typical mentally enslaved Negro....the type that will run to white 'masser' and report when a fellow slave is about to run away from the plantation. Please take your self hating Nigerian azz to an american forum! We don''t need your type here. Go worship your white master on storm front.

On the contrary, YOU are the mentally enslaved negro.
All the education you received, all the money spent training you and you end up here, spewing brainless conspiracy theories. You lazy bastards can't even make your theories about any other country. It must always be 'America' and 'CIA'. It will never be the Chinese or Russians or British or Germans.

As a 'weapon', ebola is not very good . It's not very contagious in most phases of infection. It doesn't survive long outside a host. That doesn't stop your poorly educated theories.

You are an intellectual slave held victim by an inferiority complex to try and pretend you know more than anyone else. You're too stoopid to read widely, and you cannot consider that the fallout if the US had tested this experimental serum on poor Africans would be immense. Imbecilic dolts like you would be the first to lament and cry about CIA plots.

This discussion is no place for your limited intellect. Get out of my sight, you house slave. You blight the black race with your idiocy.

13 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by dasparrow: 6:41am On Aug 05, 2014

@Bolded

Says Nairaland's in-house half breed. You should change your Nairaland ID monicker to: 'all4usa' don't you think? At least you will be keeping it real. There is nothing you like about Nigeria or Africa. You seize every opportunity to tear us down while praising and worshiping your white masters who sit in labs in the western world creating viruses and their cures to make themselves look like messiahs to deluded Negros and deluded mulattos like yourself. Go to storm front. That is where your type ought to be. Let's see if you will be accepted there.

5 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by fr3do(m): 6:42am On Aug 05, 2014
Lucasbalo: Amen.

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by GodMode: 6:42am On Aug 05, 2014
Ebola is man made so its there's a cure for it... But the cure may not be in Africa anytime soon.
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by tammie24: 6:47am On Aug 05, 2014
Kalvan50:

Is that how you thank your American overlords?!

Bow down boy, my tax dollars are about to save your family.
Shut up joor! Fuck1ng slave

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nkiru Obasi: Survivor Of Lebanon Explosion Calls For Help From Nigeria / This Drug Increased My Libido: Suprised At Effect / Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.