Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (44714 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Blockus: 9:29am On Aug 05, 2014
UrbanMystique: the positive side of investing in things that matter.

while africans and their useless leaders are investing billions into religions and (goddism)... tax payers money are being used to sponsor trip to saudi arabia and jerusalem, the money they could have used to sponsor scientists or students on a more meaningful thing.. they squabble it.
the west are investing theirs into science and technology plus research facilities.

now americans/the west are reaping the benefit of investing in things that matter, africans are still begging a jew/arabs god to come and save them from a simple disease that small research would have cured.

they will soon come and cry wolf about how scientist brought the virus from west as if science is not for africans.

black people.

[b]I officially Bless this Post..

This is why I said Ebola would wipe out half this country if care is not taken. We were busy happy about the most irrelevant of things. It took the Senate less than 2 weeks to pass the Anti-Gay bill, but its taken over 4 different senates to pass the Petroleum Industry bill and yet its still not passed or other bills that actualy impact the lives of Nigerians. Funding in Healthcare is abysmally low, Nigerian Univerisities are also poorly funded and very over-crowded to the point that the Universities can barely afford to mow their lawns, let alone maintain their labs and carry-out good research in healthcare or medicine.

Look at how shiity our healthcare system is. It took just 1 case of an Ebola patient for 2 people to get the illness and I am not surprised. I am sure the Doctor threw caution to the wind in examining the patient like they would normally do. Chances are he didnt wear any Latex gloves when handling the patient. Probably used the back of his palm to feel the patients temperature like they normally do and voila. grin

I really pray this shiit somehow dies out fast.. Unlike in Liberia and Guinea where the Virus is localized mostly in poor Neighbourhoods, in Nigeria, it came in through the Airport meaning the likely people it would attack first are the middle to upper class Nigerians.

#Shit Just Got Real.

[/b]

10 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by pazienza(m): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Good answer.

It is always amusing to see people with no knowledge of medical science,and virology suddenly claim to know all about a virus.

(And the funny thing is that none of them mention the real reason why Ebola is killing so many...our poor preventive medical system and dirty environment.)

For Ebola to work as a weapon, it would somehow have to be made adaptable to each and everyone's immune system.....ESPECIALLY as the immune system's response to Ebola varies from patient to patient. And it would have to be airborne.

Isn't it possible that what we know as Ebola virus today,is an unfinished product of an end product. It's just under field trial to enable those invisible ones know how their work is progressing.

Ebola is a live research, using human beings they consider inferior as lab rats.

HIV isn't doing the culling of the black race as fast as they thought it could have, now they are seeking for a better option.

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by logica(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2014
pazienza:
HIV isn't doing the culling of the black race as fast as they thought it could have, now they are seeking for a better option.
Only conspiracy theory in your post.

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 05, 2014
Just a fun fact for ya'll: The ebola virus resides in the testicles/semen of male survivors for about two months after "recovery".
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Heffalump(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2014
PLEASE AND PLEASE, BEFORE WE START TWISTING FACTS BECAUSE OF OUR PERSONAL VIEWS ABOUT AMERICA, LETS QUICKLY REFRESH OUR MEMORY:

1.[b] EBOLA OUTBREAK WAS DISCOVERED IN 1976 IN CENTRAL AFRICA (SUDAN, DR CONGO, RWANDA INCLUSIVE).
2. TRACES OF OUTBREAK WAS TRACED TO PRIMATES LIKE CHIMPANZEES, MONKEYS, AND GORILLAS, AND BATS.
3. HUMANS HAD CONTACT WITH THE ANIMALS AND BECAME INFECTED.
4. THOUGH, INITIALLY IT WAS NOT KNOWN, BUT RESEARCH PROVED OF ITS LETHAL CONSEQUENCES AND HIGH MORTALITY RATE.
5. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT OLD TRADITION (LIKE HUNTING FOR GAMES AND POOR HYGIENE, ETC) ASSISTS IN RAPID SPREAD OF THE VIRUS.

FROM THE FORE-SAYING, HOW COME THE AMERICANS COME INTO THE EQUATION OF INITIATING AND PROPAGATING THIS VIRUS IN AFRICA? YOU MAY HATE THE AMERICANS FOR WHATEVER REASON, BUT LEAVE THEM OUT OF THIS!
YET THEY CAME TO ASSIST AND ARE BEING INFECTED BY THE VIRUS IN AFRICA.
AM NOT SURPRISE BECAUSE THIS IS INTERNET WAR BEING SPONSORED BY THE LIKES OF: AL QAEDA, HAMMAS, HEZBOLLA, BOKO HARAM, AND ALL THE ISLAMIC MILITANTS IN THE WORLD.

I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT GOD ALMIGHTY IS MORE THAN YOUR LITTLE BRAINS!! [/b]
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by UrbanMystique: 9:58am On Aug 05, 2014
Emmaomotob: america alone spends billions of dollars on christmas and billions of dollars to feed pets in a year.
christmas is beyond christian holiday in america, it more of pagan holiday now. the reason for christmas is santa claus not an illusionist that probably never existed. it's holiday time for people to get together share gift and be with family, just like halloween or thanks giving day. now, how are christmas and feeding pets related to spending billions of tax payers money on a trip to a country where people become more retar.ded? americans dont build church on every street. government dont spend billions of dollars sponsoring people on a trip to israel.

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by logica(m): 9:58am On Aug 05, 2014
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ogbeni, go read up about Marburg. After you are done, then tell us why Ebola suddenly sprung up in The Congo in 1976. Or did Africans start hunting and suddenly got so dirty in 1976?

The beauty of this Ebola saga is how it underscores how heroes and villains are created by the West.
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by UrbanMystique: 9:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Imoy:
Are u an american?
100% nigerian
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Pweedyfaszy(f): 9:59am On Aug 05, 2014
pontirock: Someone tod me dat if people begin to dey infect Americans,USA go quickly release it cure.....O TI SHELE
lolz
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by pazienza(m): 10:01am On Aug 05, 2014
logica: Only conspiracy theory in your post.

Yea. Same programming.
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by gbishman: 10:07am On Aug 05, 2014
how are we not sure the west simply came down to Africa to try out this experimental drug, because come to think of it all this happening are just to coincidental. A plague hit Africa and kills hundreds, the west send volunteer doctors down to check and monitor the strain, they too get infected and days later an experimental and miraculous drug is developed and two of their doctors are cure in the US.
truelly speaking all this all sound like a whole bullshit, if the west have a drug that the claim cures ebola then it should be made available to victims.

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Bawss1(m): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2014
UncannyGenius: I'm very sure that the American scientists working for CIA are responsible for the Ebola disease, they invented. They had the cure in case Ebola backfires on them. Their aim is to reduce the population of Africans.

You must be joking. What good will reducing the population of Africans bring to the US? Oh wait, so that they can have all our natural resources right?

It is shocking that seemingly well articulated people like yourself will subscribe to such inane theories, is it because it is better to play the victim and not make use of your own cognitive abilities? Why must your narratives involve a hapless Africa suffering under the USA or CIA? Of course there is usually never any concrete evidence for such claims and never mind the fact that it ends up presenting Africans as unintelligent people.

If you had even a slight appreciation for biology or science in general you would never allow yourself to be involved with these kinds of ridiculous claims.

Nairalanders please let us stop these shameful display of silliness on the interwebs.

3 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 05, 2014
Hmmmm!!!

I am suspicious of those Americans.

How come they seem to have an antidote?

Unless this is one of their numerous biological weapons they developed and deployed to Africa for testing.
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by hensben(m): 10:15am On Aug 05, 2014
Heyliesha: funny] AIDS FEATURING EBOLA

Conversation between AIDS &
EBOLA:
AIDS: na who be dis too?
EBOLA: bro na me oooo, ur sis! i don
show
AIDS: Which kind bad market b dis na, watin
carry u come
EBOLA: Hmmmm bros why u dey yarn
like dis na, ur reign never do u? Abi na
only u dey dis world. I even hear say †hεm dn
find cure fr you.
AIDS: So who give u transport come
Naija?
EBOLA: Bros na one man from
Liberia ooo. Him say make i
accompany am come Nigeria. As we
reach na him i carry leg leave am ooo.
AIDS: so hw u want operate here?
EBOLA: I go follow all d state wey get d
same
alphabet wit my name... Na
for dos state i go operate.
AIDS: name the states for me
EBOLA: Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Bayelsa,
Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Oyo, Ondo,
Lagos, Abia, Adamawa,Akwa ibom, Anambra.
AIDS: u b baddo, so out of 36 states
u take only 15?........ Sis u tyt,,,, me
self i want upgrade...... Na through
air i want carry d enter pple.
EBOLA: bro i bin here say boko haram dey
worry
for north? E b like i
no go reach der ooo. I no wan die
AIDS: Market no dey move der again
ooo...
lol......Just for fun
‪#Stay‬ safe,
EBOLA
is real..
who composed this joke should be arrested ASAP.
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by treasuremi1(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2014
gbishman: how are we not sure the west simply came down to Africa to try out this experimental drug, because come to think of it all this happening are just to coincidental. A plague hit Africa and kills hundreds, the west send volunteer doctors down to check and monitor the strain, they too get infected and days later an experimental and miraculous drug is developed and two of their doctors are cure in the US.
truelly speaking all this all sound like a whole bullshit, if the west have a drug that the claim cures ebola then it should be made available to victims.
But before u passed a comment as a literate ;shouldn't u have read and understood how the serum came about?
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by YourCoffin: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2014
"Anything disastrous whether economically, socially, culturally, religiously technologically, medically, biochemically, constitutionally inclined is obviously invented by America"- Nairaland's conspiratorialists

It never occured to them that maybe it was an experiment gone wrong in an African lab somewhere being run by Africans who clearly didn't know what to do after it broke out. Or do you really think that Africans are incapable of inventing a virus, at least by mistake?

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2014
gboss4sure:

Well since you need answers, I was where I am when they were creating the virus and I will still be here till the virus fizzles out. It is not the first time or the second time they have been trying to reduce the african population by planting manufactured viruses on african soil.

I don't shout down down america but I am stating the obvious which is what every person in the world knows except those who watch cnn and fox news too much

In other words....you know nothing.

QED.

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by akereconfi: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2014
hilary26: The moment they decided to return the two doctors home for treatment I knew they have always had the cure.
America is the home factory of every virus. Africa is the test field. What they do is to come as tourists and infect our animals or plants and then go home to wait for results.
It is just business, just like HIV, now the nations with the epidemic will start paying them for the drugs.
In 1984, Robert Gallo filed a patent for his new invention, HIV. Today they tell us the virus got to humans from monkeys because we share certain DNA details with them.
America had the cure for Ebola way back in the 1970s when they manufactured the virus.
For every virus made, they also make the antivirus. Just like in comouters. The software companies that sells anti virus softwares are those who introduce viruses so we may buy their antivirus.

Black Man mentality..............always looking for who to point accusing finger at.

Wake up bro, it's dawn already

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 05, 2014
pazienza:

Isn't it possible that what we know as Ebola virus today,is an unfinished product of an end product. It's just under field trial to enable those invisible ones know how their work is progressing.

Ebola is a live research, using human beings they consider inferior as lab rats.

And I am saying that the ability to manufacture a weaponsied virus currently does not exist.

And to create an evil virus would require that the virus as soon as it enters a human host adapts itself to the host's immune response which varies from person to person.

And you that is speculating....what do you have to say about the mutated influenza virus that killed millions worldwide in 1918? Wasit made in a lab (Back then,no one knew what RNA,DNA or even viruses were).

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by tammie24: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2014
Kalvan50:

Is that how you express your gratitude to me?! Ungrateful runt.
Unless u have a white skin, u r a slave. U r the runt with an 'I belong' mentality!

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by fabulousdame(f): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2014
u cant compare an advanced country like usa to underdeveloped or developing countries in africa. u think usa dint go through this stage before they became a great country? nigeria is not half as old as usa, nigerians dont even want to work towards a better future cos of greed. i dont hate americans and i sure as hell dont hate nigeria or black people. the problem is africans especially nigerians fail to invest in things that matter cos of our corrupt leaders. not that we dont have the intelligence to conduct our own research, we just dont ve the support. imagine people who study biochemistry or biotechnology working as bankers or something else when that intelligence is supposed to be for research...our religious leaders are not any better than our corrupt political leaders. we have to start from scratch cos we've done absolutely nothing for ourselves. God help nigeria
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Bawss1(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2014
gbishman: how are we not sure the west simply came down to Africa to try out this experimental drug, because come to think of it all this happening are just to coincidental. A plague hit Africa and kills hundreds, the west send volunteer doctors down to check and monitor the strain, they too get infected and days later an experimental and miraculous drug is developed and two of their doctors are cure in the US.

Our government has failed us! Basic primary education is a sham! More and more people are failing in simple tasks like reading and comprehension! Case in point is the post above.

The poster failed to understand that the drug ZMapp had been under development for quite sometime - nowhere was it stated that the drug was suddenly developed.
The poster also fails to realise that the patients who were administered with the drug have not been declared cured or free of Ebola, they are showing impressive signs of recovery but are not out of the woods yet! This distinction eludes him.

There are possibly dozens if not hundreds of drugs that are still in the experimental phase in many pharmaceutical companies and they are not cleared for public use. It is only after years of successful trials and tests that they are made available to the public. Sometimes as was the case with ZMapp some of these trial drugs are used on compassionate grounds... All of this would have been gleaned by the poster IF he/she had a modicum of appreciation of the scientific process, heck anyone who reads (and understands!) widely would have easily understood the dynamics of this situation.

Enough of these conspiracies!

6 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Toks2008(m): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2014
hilary26: The moment they decided to return the two doctors home for treatment I knew they have always had the cure.
America is the home factory of every virus. Africa is the test field. What they do is to come as tourists and infect our animals or plants and then go home to wait for results.
It is just business, just like HIV, now the nations with the epidemic will start paying them for the drugs.
In 1984, Robert Gallo filed a patent for his new invention, HIV. Today they tell us the virus got to humans from monkeys because we share certain DNA details with them.
America had the cure for Ebola way back in the 1970s when they manufactured the virus.
For every virus made, they also make the antivirus. Just like in comouters. The software companies that sells anti virus softwares are those who introduce viruses so we may buy their antivirus.

1000likes
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Toks2008(m): 10:37am On Aug 05, 2014
akereconfi:

Black Man mentality..............always looking for who to point accusing finger at.

Wake up bro, it's dawn already

Cant believe you just posted this . s it not clear that there is a conspiracy? How come shortly after these wo doctors returned we are reading about a serum?
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Dotman44: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2014
yes o. This is true
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:45am On Aug 05, 2014
Am sad because of this post. The mind of the blackman is still bogged down with an illogical disdain for the scientific process. With thinking like this , it is safe to assume that the black race will always see itself as a victim and never achieve its manifest destiny. Shame on you and all the 46 people that ignorantly liked your post!

4 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2014
same nairaland that blasted usa for telling fifa to strip Russia off the 2018 world cup now remember the importance of america.Ebola done come all of una dey shout America help.AMERICA HELP

is it that we africans dont have experts to do research on this virus and develop a cure and a vaccine for it abi.
if it's true usa have discovered a cure,then i see it being limited to their citizens and VIPs at least for now.
LASTLY: Don't always blast the us or risks swallowing ur words later.
mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by cococandy(f): 10:50am On Aug 05, 2014
Maybe we can make ours too and infect them and then turn around to sell the cure to them huh?

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2014
Toks2008:

Cant believe you just posted this . s it not clear that there is a conspiracy? How come shortly after these wo doctors returned we are reading about a serum?
Its looks like magic to you? Have you not heard the saying, ' Oppotunity favours the prepared mind' ? America spends billion of dollars on health care research every year. Are you not aware that the foremost schools of Tropical medicine & public health are not in Africa but in the USA & UK?
Please stop spreading uninformed propositions around!

3 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by shadowwalker101: 10:54am On Aug 05, 2014
what is the secret serum they should bring it to africa
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Ryda(m): 10:57am On Aug 05, 2014
thexyz: So wait, the US may have found a cure to Ebola? And if they have, will they come help patients of this dreaded disease in Africa? The article below was written by Dr. Sanjay Gupta for CNN and they are saying an experimental drug called ZMapp likely saved the lives of 2 US missionary doctors (pictured above) who contracted the disease while working in Liberia...see report below from CNN..
Continue here:>>> http://www.ireportersnews.com/2014/08/us-doctors-say-secret-serum-helped-save.html

''SECRET SERUM''
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Am sad because of this post. The mind of the blackman is still bogged down with an illogical disdain for the scientific process. With thinking like this , it is safe to assume that the black race will always see itself as a victim and never achieve its manifest destiny. Shame on you and all the 46 people that ignorantly liked your post!
Thank you....
Because of swallow minded individuals like him,Africa will never develop.
I wonder why africans see themselves as inferior to the Europeans and asians.so because america come as tourists and infect us with disease and virus(even though there is no Truth in this)we should sit down and let the diseases kill us all and then claim being victimized. why not research the diseases and virus to find a possible cure.instead we wait for america and WHO to do it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Who Beat Cancer Shares Her Before And After Photos / I'm About 3 Weeks Pregnant. How Do I Get Rid Of It? / Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.