Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere (22549 Views)

Mtn 2 Mtn Calls For Free At N50 Per Day/N200 Per Week (MTN JUST4U PACKAge) / MTN Ng Offers Its Subscribers Free Calls For The Month Of August: How To Activat / Airtel Free Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2014
Download now and let's all speak freely

The world's first completely free and truly mobile call app - nanu [ http://www.hellonanu.com/ ] - launched today, with the aim of revolutionizing the telecom industry by offering free quality calls to everyone, everywhere.

Unlike conventional voice apps such as Skype and Viber that only work in high bandwidth 3G/4G/Wifi environments, nanu can be used on any network including 2G thus allowing it to provide quality calls where other apps cannot. As the majority of the world's mobile phones still use 2G, this means billions of people in rural areas and developing markets will have access to free calls for the first time.

Furthermore, unlike conventional voice apps, nanu provides all calls completely for free, including calls to non nanu users such as landlines. To do this, nanu inserts an unintrusive short advert to play over the ringtone while you are waiting for the call to be picked up. The revenue from the advert allows nanu to subsidize the cost of the call so you can make calls completely for free, even to landlines or mobile phones that don't use nanu.

nanu believes that everyone around the world has the right to make free phone calls and is on a mission to end phone bills once and for all.

To join the mission, you just need to download nanu. Once installed, you can make unlimited calls to friends, family and anyone you want to call anywhere in the world who have also installed the app. You will also be given a limited number of free minutes to call non - nanu users and share the app with them.

The more people use nanu, the more free calls nanu can give away so that eventually, nanu aims to offer unlimited free calls anywhere, including to non - nanu users.

To kick-start the mission, from today, nanu is offering the first one million users, free unlimited nanu-to-nanu calls and also 15 free minutes of nanu to non - nanu calls across 73 global destinations.

nanu launches on Android, with the iPhone and other devices to follow very shortly. nanu will also be available for Mac and Windows.

To download nanu, go to: http:///downloadnanu [ http:///downloadnanu ]

For information on nanu - www.hellonanu.com [ http://www.hellonanu.com/ ]

https://www.facebook.com/nanusocial [ https://www.facebook.com/nanusocial ]

https://twitter.com/nanusocial [ https://twitter.com/nanusocial ]

1 Like

Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 08, 2014
I used about 20 MB for over hour call to a friend who i told to install the app. Quite cheap on data usage.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by prince4pro(m): 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
just passing

Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by eezor: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
download link nt working
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by wilsonwizzy: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
hmm. trying to download too.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
Just type nanu in your playstore and download.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Anomnity: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
simonjo: I used about 20 MB for over hour call to a friend who i told to install the app. Quite cheap on data usage.
Did you place the call here in Nigeria & if yes whats the call quality(clearity) on 2G.Please be honest.Thanks
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Anomnity: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
simonjo: I used about 20 MB for over hour call to a friend who i told to install the app. Quite cheap on data usage.
Did you place the call here in Nigeria & if yes whats the call quality(clearity) on 2G.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
Anomnity:
Did you place the call here in Nigeria & if yes whats the call quality(clearity) on 2G.

I placed the call on a 3g network and the receiver was also on 3g and the quality was very clear, ve also tested on wifi for oversees call and it was also ok.

I want those on 2g network to test the service appraise the quality.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
nice app,.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by WackyJ1(m): 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
This sounds too good to be true.

No need again to buy credit?
Will MTN just sit back and watch?

1 Like

Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Donfamous(m): 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
Can it be used by black berry?
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Donfamous: Can it be used by black berry?

Support for other platforms will be available later in the year. For now just on android phones.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by DjAndroid: 7:07am On Aug 09, 2014
Make I joined the band wagon. grin grin grin
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by DjAndroid: 7:21am On Aug 09, 2014
Downloaded and installed but unable to verify after several attempts.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by cirmuell(m): 7:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Can't download from playstore...help with a third party link.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by kentochi(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2014
Men this is not bad at all hope it will work well?
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by milee: 9:09am On Aug 09, 2014
simonjo:

I placed the call on a 3g network and the receiver was also on 3g and the quality was very clear, ve also tested on wifi for oversees call and it was also ok.

I want those on 2g network to test the service appraise the quality.

It rang with a voice advert then stopped. even could not ring out from other phone yet both had nanu
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by luluosas(m): 10:12am On Aug 09, 2014
Verification failed

Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by cirmuell(m): 10:17am On Aug 09, 2014
luluosas: Verification failed
kip trying, probably network.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by luluosas(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2014
cirmuell: kip trying, probably network.
I am using wifi.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by cirmuell(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2014
luluosas:
I am using wifi.
Oh! Okay
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Ayotricks(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
dis was wat I found on dier fb page

Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nanu
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Registration is on hold for now.
Thanks @ayotricks that info is correct.
However those that have already downloaded and registered can continue to use it.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by anthney87: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
nanu no de play store o
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by milee: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
simonjo: Registration is on hold for now.
Thanks @ayotricks that info is correct.
However those that have already downloaded and registered can continue to use it.
How do you fail numbers for it to connect; is it eg 2348055xxxxxx or just 08055xxxxxx for nanu to nanu calls? Please answer all questions,it will guide many that love to use and love to see this app work.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by luluosas(m): 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
anthney87: nanu no de play store o
It is available there because I downloaded from there. Thank you.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
milee:
How do you fail numbers for it to connect; is it eg 2348055xxxxxx or just 08055xxxxxx for nanu to nanu calls? Please answer all questions,it will guide many that love to use and love to see this app work.

For Nanu to Nanu calls you add the country code.

2348055xxxxxx
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by Ubking0(m): 7:49am On Aug 10, 2014
luluosas:
It is available there because I downloaded from there. Thank you.

please share the file with me on telegram 08062064648
thank you
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by milee: 8:27am On Aug 10, 2014
Ubking0:

please share the file with me on telegram 08062064648
thank you
download from mobogenie if play store is misbehaving.

Reply to my question; thanks, l will try that.
Re: Nanu - Free Calls For Everyone, Everywhere by EnterPRO: 10:19am On Aug 10, 2014
how is this different from Viber or Nimbuzz?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Smartphones To Be Used For National ID Card Registration / 10 Common Smartphone Mistakes That Expose You To Security Risks / Airtel Launched New Android Bundle Plans – Get 4GB For 2k Or 9GB For 3.5k Valid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.