Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad (40353 Views)

10 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / 10 Things About Living Abroad: No Turning Back / The Truth About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by wolexy2020(m): 6:07am On Aug 06, 2014
I really go with this OP... I miss the street food die..
Akara and bread, [/s]ewa agonyin[s] (I no sabi spell am undecided ...I miss mama iyabo fufu and pomo, that woman wey dey sell meatpie and eggroll for my junction.. I miss dem die cry cry
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by LarryBeryl(m): 6:19am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=MissYuzedo]True facts...

Btw...i hear boomba is trending in uniport [/
quote]
What's Boomba?
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by ddeola: 6:28am On Aug 06, 2014
Naija food prepared the Naija way,designated 24hour supermarkets dey,become lazy because light dey 24/7. Na d food b d koko. I tasted Gala from Naija last week and it feels good tasting something from home
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by LarryBeryl(m): 6:36am On Aug 06, 2014
Nihilist: Lmao

Everything you listed can be experienced in Peckham and Dalston market in London grin

I personally miss nothing from Nigeria. I grew up in the ghettos of Lagos. As soon as I got the chance to leave, I didn't even think twice.

You mean visitation from friends and famz, Owambe parties, Conductor chants, can be found in this London market of urs?... Don't let us fool ourselves.... One will def miss home
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Nihilist: 6:51am On Aug 06, 2014
LarryBeryl:

You mean visitation from friends and famz, Owambe parties, Conductor chants, can be found in this London market of urs?... Don't let us fool ourselves.... One will def miss home

If that's what you miss, then good for you sir.
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by mescanamezu: 7:31am On Aug 06, 2014
Like seriously!!! I miss that country like mad and i solely agree with you, but on the contrary the wide spread of Ebola virus is shorting our hopes of coming back to our dear country. tongue. God pls come to our aid less Ebola will finish your people.
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by LadyH(f): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2014
bebe2: Two things I certainly dnt miss,

Owanbe, I attend parties every weekend in the summer.

Street food, am very happy to miss it. Filthy food. Everything full of sand undecided

I went to naija thinking I will eat all those food I missed.

Bought roasted plantain from dat woman beside GTB on itire rd, I almost lost all my teeth. Sand full the plantain the groundnut nko? Half na stones.

Few nights later, I go buy suya for ogunlana drive, same thing sand.
Pls wat is there to miss?
U certainly were outta luck b.
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by LadyH(f): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2014
laoma15: Nothing to miss about Naija. Africa is hell. If you have your money and good job abroad, you have nothing to miss about Africa jungle. You can't be in paradise and still remember hell. Naija is sickening. People are only existing they aren't living.
lol. Kip tellin urself that.
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by MorrisaMkenya(m): 8:13am On Aug 06, 2014
Of all the above things, the only thing you wouldnt get in Kenya is free car packing.....you gotta pay for it..street foods are in plenty but maybe diffrent from nigerian foods................Kenya is the home of parties in Africa...second most drinking nation..parties every weekend and mid-week parties...Nigerians in kenya also party on their own like last weekend,they were having a rave at Club Galilleos in Nairobi..hehe i love africa,african conductors can get into yo nerves when they want to
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by MorrisaMkenya(m): 8:18am On Aug 06, 2014
Go abroad, people like this are the reason aljazeera will portray africa as hell...without knowing even Europeans are coming to leave in africa
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by justi4jesu(f): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2014
Number 11 says it all, 1month rent for a studio/self contain here is what Nigerians pay for a self contain for more than 1year. cry cry

Free parking is so true....I miss Naija for that one...I know say for Naija even Handicap parking some people go still park their cars dem no go send because no fine to pay. Here u neva chop belleful.

I miss Number 14 oh, mama Tonye Bole and Fish for Phc....Chaiii DIARIZ.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Owambe dey here but it can never be like Niaja jor undecided
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by justi4jesu(f): 8:24am On Aug 06, 2014
victorix: sad Mtcheew if i go abroad, i no go smell dis country.......

Wait until you leave.....that time nobody go tell you..
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by maestroferddi: 8:34am On Aug 06, 2014

Street food, am very happy to miss it. Filthy food. Everything full of sand undecided

Bought roasted plantain from dat woman beside GTB on itire rd, I almost lost all my teeth. Sand full the plantain the groundnut nko? Half na stones.

See rabid pessimism o. With people like you...little wonder Nigeria gets bad-mouthed abroad...smh!
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by bebe2(f): 8:42am On Aug 06, 2014
maestroferddi: See rabid pessimism o. With people like you...little wonder Nigeria gets bad-mouthed abroad...smh!

Wetin I do?

Am just airing my own experience.

U want me to lie?
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by maestroferddi: 8:47am On Aug 06, 2014
presley64:

who u dey form for?
You dey mind am? Africans and their grievous low self-esteem!

The roasted planted and suya she was miserably trying to disdain is the same delicacy some foreign dignitaries relish when they come to Nigeria.

Make she go find one aboki wey she go form Kate Middleton for...

As for us we know say na serious hustle most of our peeps dey do overseas...

Na today?

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by bosun11(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2014
bebe2:

Wetin I do?

Am just airing my own experience.

U want me to lie?

hey...whats sup with u...good morning
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by helphelp: 10:17am On Aug 06, 2014

Ah! That woman for ekololu junction roasted plantain ain't bad at all. You probably went on a bad day...

Meanwhile, try Akerele suya spot next time
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by BuhBye: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2014
I live in Nigeria
1. I don't like unannounced visits.
2. You must be joking right, park your car in the wrong place and these street thugs will suck your pocket dry.
3. Now you are talking wink
4. I live close to a bus stop and i HAAAAATE noise of any sort. Loud music,noise induced drama/argument, conductors shouting at the top of their voice etc name it i hate it.
5. Some TV shows though.
6. Refer to no 4
8. Thanks but i don't party why? see no 4 again.
9. I'm not good at this so i prefer things with a price tag.
10. Maybe
11. The "face me i face you" type you mean, i don't like those too why? see no 4... again.
12. Hell yeah. smiley
13. You have said it all "Nigerians don't mind their business" angry
14.Maybe it's because I'd hate to see/hear people chew their food with their mouth open but i would miss naija food and suya smiley
15. see no 4... again.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Michaelemry: 11:40am On Aug 06, 2014
Then u dey miss to chop sand frm somtin wey u buy na dsame tin
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by 190theclown: 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
chelseabmw:

na for nairaland i wan dey miss my family? abi as i follow them dey talk everyday wetin i wan miss again? i fit talk to them for fone but for my motor no level
grin grin

This one don smoke moro enter nairaland again grin grin
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by benELOHIM7(m): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
this country no go smell u
victorix: sad Mtcheew if i go abroad, i no go smell dis country.......
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by benELOHIM7(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
shattap dia, see ur durty mat
valmunich: Free punnah grin
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by BashirAhmad1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hah any time when I was in abroad esp. In the west what I miss the most is my Friday prayer i.e Sallah Juma'a, I didn't miss it totally but I miss the crowd of Abuja or Kano Central Mosque. Beside that I never missing or even regretting been out of Nigeria.
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Hbuyosh(m): 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
MorrisaMkenya: Of all the above things, the only thing you wouldnt get in Kenya is free car packing.....you gotta pay for it..street foods are in plenty but maybe diffrent from nigerian foods................Kenya is the home of parties in Africa...second most drinking nation..parties every weekend and mid-week parties...Nigerians in kenya also party on their own like last weekend,they were having a rave at Club Galilleos in Nairobi..hehe i love africa,african conductors can get into yo nerves when they want to
You know that aint soo true compatriot, compare Nairobi with just Kampala in that respect and see what I am just talking about. With exception of maybe Mombasa, Kenya is generally a 'laidback' country.
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by uncjay(m): 8:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
kokoye: I dont miss most of the lawlessness you have listed here.
. Here comes the just and most righteous Nigerian abroad.....it quite unfortunate that the habitual trend of building other countries and tarnishing your home land is a major ethic with Nigerians....though Nigeria has problem but how can you call a normal way of behaviour among people lawless just because you found yourself within the enclaves of an advance country...who knows how worst you are if you were to be here....bros go think.....do your best to make things better not to complicate it.....two wrongs cannot make a RIGHT...
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by MorrisaMkenya(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2014
Hbuyosh: You know that aint soo true compatriot, compare Nairobi with just Kampala in that respect and see what I am just talking about. With exception of maybe Mombasa, Kenya is generally a 'laidback' country.

How do you compare Kampala with Nairobi? How do you call Kenya a laidback country which is the backbone of east african economy? i know you are illiterate about Kenya when you say Mombasa is better than Nairobi..it is at the coast where we dont even travel,talk about cities like Nakuru,Isiolo,Machakos,Konza and meru.. east africa produces 100% beer and alcohol....60% consumed by Kenyans alone and 40% to Tanzania,Uganda(kampala),Burundi and Rwanda.... Aint no way yo comparing Kenya and Uganda.
And btw, with no natural resources and dependence on our subsistence sector &agriculturals sector...Kenya is doing better than Nigeria in terms of growth,only that nigeria is more developed to serve its "over population".

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Hbuyosh(m): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2014
MorrisaMkenya:
How do you compare Kampala with Nairobi? How do you call Kenya a laidback country which is the backbone of east african economy? i know you are illiterate about Kenya when you say Mombasa is better than Nairobi..it is at the coast where we dont even travel,talk about cities like Nakuru,Isiolo,Machakos,Konza and meru.. east africa produces 100% beer and alcohol....60% consumed by Kenyans alone and 40% to Tanzania,Uganda(kampala),Burundi and Rwanda.... Aint no way yo comparing Kenya and Uganda.
And btw, with no natural resources and dependence on our subsistence sector &agriculturals sector...Kenya is doing better than Nigeria in terms of growth,only that nigeria is more developed to serve its "over population".
Mimi ni mkenya bwana,tulia. I was not talking economics, dint u notice the bolded in your comment i quoted? Kenyans do not party that hard, they care more about business.

Mombasa is more a party town than nai
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by MorrisaMkenya(m): 10:03am On Aug 07, 2014
Hbuyosh: Mimi ni mkenya bwana,tulia. I was not talking economics, dint u notice the bolded in your comment i quoted? Kenyans do not party that hard, they care more about business.

Mombasa is more a party town than nai
i think people party more in Nairobi...check out all top blogs and greatest evens every week happen in Nairobi...the rugby events, and if you are kenyan,i didnt know people in kampala party more than in Nai
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by otiigba1(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
i miss every thing except najia police they were not very nice to me the last time i was in naija, and oh! christmas time is sooo boring over here, looking foward to christmas 2014 in naija, but wait o! what bout EBOLA?
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by otiigba1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
abeg any naija person in the porthsmouth area near the beach (just moved from london to porthsmouth IOW) were can i find african shops especially for hot chilli peper, this oyibo peper me no understand am, please help!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Germany To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video / Drone Pictures And Video Of Yenagoa, Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.