Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. (996 Views)

Is It Advisable To Change From 5w40 To 5w30 Oil To Service My Car? / Revamping Your Old Car To Absolute Restoration / Need Candid Advise On This Flame. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. by Jacksolo4me(m): 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
Recently came in contact with a 2006 BMW 650i convertible coupe..4.8L V8 360hp at da rear wheels.

It had a host of issues in it that would easily run into 6 figures and the owner was asking for 2.5m for it otherwise hell swap it with a "suitable" car.

Here's the question.

"You know deep inside ull burn if you make a deal like this especially when the car(Yours) is in perfectly good shape-if not better, But that desire that eats within you is telling you to go for it"

Would you do a swap with an old flame(car you'll love to have then but couldn't afford it) even if it means ull be at loss.

Here's a pic of mine

Re: Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 06, 2014
Very mouth watering offer but don't tell you're planning to swap your tricked out Camry?
Re: Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. by Jacksolo4me(m): 2:55am On Aug 06, 2014
cne010: Very mouth watering offer but don't tell you're planning to swap your tricked out Camry?

shocked...no way!

Then again the fella ' s over at the BMW thread aren't making ones decision easy!!!
Re: Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. by yungboss(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

shocked...no way!

Then again the fella ' s over at the BMW thread aren't making ones decision easy!!!
well it depends, for a Camry as yours, no...
Re: Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. by yungboss(m): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2014
Repairs could run into a region of cost unforeseen...so one would consider the cost of restoring/repairing the 'old flame' before making a decision
Re: Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. by Jacksolo4me(m): 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
yungboss: Repairs could run into a region of cost unforeseen...so one would consider the cost of restoring/repairing the 'old flame' before making a decision

Truly spoken...but then would anyone still do it?...Buying a restoration project at near cost of a "working car"? angry
Re: Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. by yungboss(m): 10:32am On Aug 07, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Truly spoken...but then would anyone still do it?...Buying a restoration project at near cost of a "working car"? >sad

I'm sure people will still do it.
Re: Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. by itsadey: 1:04am On Sep 02, 2014
Jacksolo4me: Recently came in contact with a 2006 BMW 650i convertible coupe..4.8L V8 360hp at da rear wheels.

It had a host of issues in it that would easily run into 6 figures and the owner was asking for 2.5m for it otherwise hell swap it with a "suitable" car.

Here's the question.

"You know deep inside ull burn if you make a deal like this especially when the car(Yours) is in perfectly good shape-if not better, But that desire that eats within you is telling you to go for it"

Would you do a swap with an old flame(car you'll love to have then but couldn't afford it) even if it means ull be at loss.

Here's a pic of mine

whats wrong with ? Ive done some repairs on my 645 recently, i can give an idea of cost implications
Re: Car Swaps - Is It Advisable, If It's Your Old Flame. by lungwun(m): 10:38am On Sep 03, 2014
itsadey:

whats wrong with ? Ive done some repairs on my 645 recently, i can give an idea of cost implications

Please do give general cost implications.

A 6 series will most likely be my next upgrade. After I get an X5 for the wife.

(1) (Reply)

Which Honda Make Is This? [IMAGE] / Mdxers / PCM For A Vehicle In PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.