Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

One Nurse Dies Of Ebola As FG Confirms Seven Cases - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Nurse Dies Of Ebola As FG Confirms Seven Cases (667 Views)

FG Confirms Payment Of N5000 Stipend To Unemployed Youth Next Year / US Proffessor Hints On Ebola As A Bioweapon / Using Ebola As A Weapon Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Nurse Dies Of Ebola As FG Confirms Seven Cases by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 06, 2014
The Federal Government said on Wednesday, that a nurse who was one of the medical personnel that attended to the late Liberian-American, Patrick Sawyer, who died of Ebola virus in Lagos on July 25, has died of the disease.

Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, who stated this at a news conference in Abuja, also confirmed that five other medical practitioners who participated in the treatment are already infected with the virus.

He said, “Nigeria has now recorded seven confirmed cases of Ebola Virus Disease.

“The first one was the index case, which is the imported case from Liberia of which the victim is now late.

“Yesterday, 5th August, 2014, the first known Nigerian to die of the EVD was recorded and this was one of the nurses that attended to the Liberian.

“The other five cases are currently being treated at the Isolation Ward in Lagos.”

The Minister noted that all the Nigerians diagnosed were primary contacts of the index case.

He announced the appointment of Prof. O. Onajole, of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, who will be based in Lagos, as the Director, Communication and Community Mobilisation for the EVD.

He also pledged to visit Lagos within the week, in company with his colleague in the ministry of information, to assess the situation on ground.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nurse-who-treated-sawyer-dies-of-ebola/
Re: One Nurse Dies Of Ebola As FG Confirms Seven Cases by Firefire(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Terrible situation.

angry angry

RIP to the dead sad

2 Likes

Re: One Nurse Dies Of Ebola As FG Confirms Seven Cases by thunderrider: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
May the Good LORD help us

crycrycry
Re: One Nurse Dies Of Ebola As FG Confirms Seven Cases by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
dozydre: The Federal Government said on Wednesday, that a nurse who was one of the medical personnel that attended to the late Liberian-American, Patrick Sawyer, who died of Ebola virus in Lagos on July 25, has died of the disease.

Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, who stated this at a news conference in Abuja, also confirmed that five other medical practitioners who participated in the treatment are already infected with the virus.

He said, “Nigeria has now recorded seven confirmed cases of Ebola Virus Disease.

“The first one was the index case, which is the imported case from Liberia of which the victim is now late.

“Yesterday, 5th August, 2014, the first known Nigerian to die of the EVD was recorded and this was one of the nurses that attended to the Liberian.

“The other five cases are currently being treated at the Isolation Ward in Lagos.”

The Minister noted that all the Nigerians diagnosed were primary contacts of the index case.

He announced the appointment of Prof. O. Onajole, of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, who will be based in Lagos, as the Director, Communication and Community Mobilisation for the EVD.

He also pledged to visit Lagos within the week, in company with his colleague in the ministry of information, to assess the situation on ground.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nurse-who-treated-sawyer-dies-of-ebola/

No wonder this morning I take bus say make I go hustle for Allen Avenue despite my catarrh...

As I sneeve once, heeeshian! Three people hala "driver owaa oh!!"

As I sneeve again, hhheeeheeeheeehehhshian!! Other Passengers including Driver and Conductor follow disappear leave me alone for bus...

I began wida na!!
Re: One Nurse Dies Of Ebola As FG Confirms Seven Cases by Gbade60: 12:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
#SAYNOTOEBOLA!!!! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Near Mutiny At Army Barracks In Maiduguri / Illegal Qatar Visa Trade Facilitating Human Trafficking / Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.