Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Dstv Taking Longer To Come Up - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Dstv Taking Longer To Come Up (736 Views)

Benefits Of Taking The Fruit(noni) With Xeronine Precursor / Why Do Ideas Come To Me So Easily When I Am Taking A Shower? / Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dstv Taking Longer To Come Up by stevedeey(m): 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
My survey has made me conclude that 99.9% of the cable decoder(DSTV) users are not contempt with the idea of having to wait for that unbearable number of minutes before it comes up.
it is undoubtedly worrisome that the digital cable TV which is supposed to take the full advantage of an ideal digital machine in speed characteristics now proved otherwise.
When Dstv first came into being, there is a customary scanning progress indicator i. e "1 of 1" to "1 of 9" before it start showing its video. As time goes by, the 1 of 9 becomes 1 of 26 where there must be a count from 1 to 26 with a non-uniform time frame within each count. Just as if that is not enough .the delay in the scanning process does not stop it from asking the user to wait for an additional 2 minute to verify your account. This is very tiresome and annoying.
From my knowledge of cable TV installation, I have the understanding that, as each counting progresses so is the decoder successfully making connection to a new frequency and symbol rate with their polarizations. Truthfully, under each configuration setting ( frequency and symbol rate with their polarizations. ) lie different number of channels, but nevertheless what baffles me is that as the frequency and symbol rate with their polarizations keep on increasing, there are no additional channel to justify the Increase
My summit is that, putting aside the quality of signal, video and sound that DSTV is known for, if the DSTV management does not check and address the issue I've addressed above, I bet if another competitor would not capitalize on this weakness to relegate Dstv in the nearest future.
Re: Dstv Taking Longer To Come Up by jideomowunmi(f): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
Aside from the fact dat it takes forever to come up...d repeat of films and series is becoming unbearable...even d crime investigations...natgeo wild and d rest...I think dstv is too calm knowing dey don't av d real competitors in Africa for now aside d starcomms and Co which we all know da frankly speaking..dstv is still way ahead of dem..i think dstv needs real and motivating competitor...dey r just too relax thinking dey've got d whole of Africa at there palm..
Re: Dstv Taking Longer To Come Up by stevedeey(m): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
jideomowunmi: Aside from the fact dat it takes forever to come up...d repeat of films and series is becoming unbearable...even d crime investigations...natgeo wild and d rest...I think dstv is too calm knowing dey don't av d real competitors in Africa for now aside d starcomms and Co which we all know da frankly speaking..dstv is still way ahead of dem..i think dstv needs real and motivating competitor...dey r just too relax thinking dey've got d whole of Africa at there palm..
You've spoken well omowunmi

(1) (Reply)

Mother And Daughter Give Birth On The Same Day, Same Hospital / 8 African Mobile Apps Trending In 2014 / First Earth Sized Planet Discovered In The Habitable Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.