Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Why Do Ideas Come To Me So Easily When I Am Taking A Shower? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do Ideas Come To Me So Easily When I Am Taking A Shower? (1122 Views)

Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? / How To Easily Spot A Fake Galaxy S6 Smartphone / Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Ideas Come To Me So Easily When I Am Taking A Shower? by ToyinDipo(m): 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
A few reasons. The first is the sound of the running water. It's white noise that blocks out the sounds of other things in the environment. Then we have water on your body at a controlled temperature. These two things together limit the amount of sensory input from your skin and ears. And then, we have our eyes. In most cases they are closed or not looking at anything in particular. Now we've eliminated one more form of sensory input. So, essentially, a shower is a poor man's sensory deprivation chamber.

The natural effect of this is that you are alone with your thoughts. Without sensory input, your mind will naturally wander and begin looking within for stimulation. This usually means processing existing information and creating new things to keep it occupied.

Source: http://www.quora.com/Why-do-ideas-come-to-me-so-easily-when-I-am-taking-a-shower/answer/Terry-Prothero

I feel strongly to share this as I relate to this quite a lot and it's always been a mystery to me and I know there are several other people experience the same.
When ever I'm have a tough nut to crack whether in my area of specialization(programming) or in real life activities, most times whenever I take a shower around such periods, ideas just keep pouring into my mind kinda unconciously.
Re: Why Do Ideas Come To Me So Easily When I Am Taking A Shower? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
You're not alone. I get a lot of ideas when I'm in the toilet.
Re: Why Do Ideas Come To Me So Easily When I Am Taking A Shower? by ToyinDipo(m): 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
tocineworld: You're not alone. I get a lot of ideas when I'm in the toilet.

Similar but at the same time different though.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The World Awaits 15 Days Total Darkness / Meet Man's Closest Relative Homo Naledi / Fiber Optic Broadband In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.