Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion (8072 Views)

Okorocha Embarks On Economic Mission To Vietnam And Other Asian Countries - PICS / BLACKMAIL: Nigerian Government Embarks On Media War Against Nnamdi Kanu / Oshiomhole And Iara Inspecting Queen Ede Gully Erosion (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Descartes: 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Relief has come for residents of Works Layout in Owerri the Imo state capital, as the state government has embarked on the control of the gully erosion that has claimed many houses and shops around the area for over a long period of time.
While inspecting the ongoing project at Works Layout, the Imo state Governor Rochas Okorocha said the ongoing erosion control project will go a long way to alleviate the suffering of the people in the area.

He noted that the road when completed will serve as a link and bypass for commuters wishing to link IMSU junction to Orlu road and Amakohia as this will practically reduce the traffic congestion within the owerri Municipal.
He appealed to residents of the area to cooperate with the state government so as to achieve a durable and lasting solution to the erosion menace because the state government will soon commence the demolition of some buildings and fences built on drainages and water ways.

The Governor also disclosed that the Works Layout Erosion Control will also engineer the construction of another inner ring road within the state capital which will bring traffic congestion in the city to its barest minimal.
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/08/06/imo-state-government-embarks-on-control-of-gully-erosion/

1 Like

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by smallJagaban: 9:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
South East - LAND OF EROSION, LANDLOCKED

15 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 07, 2014
At least something is being done about it.
smallJagaban: SOUTH EAST - LAND OF EROSION, LANDLOCKED

26 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by dammyjay93(m): 5:36am On Aug 07, 2014
angry
Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by baggylips(m): 5:39am On Aug 07, 2014
smallJagaban: South East - LAND OF EROSION, LANDLOCKED
shame on you.That land of erosion has produced industrious men and women who came to lagos,purchased your father's land,converted it to factories generating money while ur father squandered all the money paid to him in owambe....went back to ogbomosho where he produced a poverty stricken ill mannered son like you.No offence to my non-tribal yoruba friends working hard out there but I need to teach this b.rat a lesson. undecided

58 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by kingic: 5:44am On Aug 07, 2014

this is an awesome development .... I support the initiative .....

in other news. ... Ebola still never get confirmed cure o
Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Roland17(m): 5:45am On Aug 07, 2014

Bro,

So this is the best your knowledge could phantom?

So much for being a smaller jagaban, even the real Jagaban would slap you desperately for such deluded comment..

17 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 07, 2014
A welcome developement! The presence of gully erosions in the South-East/ South-South regions are becoming an eyesore...Haters: Disgracing their Father's Household since 1872...This thread isn't related to tribalistic politics, and yet the Ndiofes are here ...*Spits*

1 Like

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by padeolu: 5:50am On Aug 07, 2014
Roland17:
Bro,
So this is the best your knowledge could phantom?
So much for being a smaller jagaban, even the real Jagaban would slap you desperately for such deluded comment..
. LoL.
Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by padeolu: 5:51am On Aug 07, 2014
APC is working.

Sai Buhari
Sai Tinubu
Sai Rochas

10 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by egift(m): 5:51am On Aug 07, 2014
Rochas on the Move - Hater Gonna Hate grin

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by kingic: 5:52am On Aug 07, 2014

usu ragbuokwa ma GI ma your fellow jagabans .....
anuohia dika GI ....

10 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by dridowu: 6:11am On Aug 07, 2014
[size=21pt]Good Development, i hope they can see the work Okorocha is about to embark on.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Firstbeauty1(f): 6:16am On Aug 07, 2014
Please my fellow Nairalanders if you have not seen this before please help me, I need your help. May the Lord Guide and protect you. "please like my PHOTO on this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659574127457717&set=o.577725372313390&type=1&relevant_count=1
Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by GentleMimi: 6:19am On Aug 07, 2014
Your tiny brain is undergoing its own version of erosion. Udele

14 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Odunharry(m): 6:30am On Aug 07, 2014
Erosion happn 4 nland abi na people dy sleep?

All d thread i av view this morning on frontpage ar nt more than a page
Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Pavore9: 6:33am On Aug 07, 2014
South east landlocked? lt reflects your knowledge of geography! l imagine in your mind Zaria is at the banks of River Niger and not Onitsha!

16 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by akuchiemartin(m): 6:33am On Aug 07, 2014
"Well what's else can I say for faith is the substance and evidence of things yet unseen"..... Mayb u guys don't know our governor okorocha that's why, but lemme tell u okorocha is a thief, a back stabber with so many unfulfilled promises. He's talking about the controlling erosion @ imsu junction, what abt the roundabout there, has it been completed..? No.! Na only where him buy land na en dem they tarred well. That not even the issue sef. The standard of materials used in the work are poor, all he does is to decieve old men and women with free education. No worry 2015 he go hear am, na anarchy him go get not war. We've not talked of the civil servants that are against him, the same pple he made promise to. No wonder OBJ called him big thief the day he came to owerri.. Okorocha is a dead meat 2015, ask anybody even he himself knows that's why he's trying to make amends now, but we the civil servants too don lock up our mind. He 4got that owerri is a place for white collar jobs, u don't mess with the civil servants else them go Bleep u up

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by MilesLamar(m): 6:33am On Aug 07, 2014
Why nairaland dry na?? Abi ebola don start?
Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by gratieao: 6:50am On Aug 07, 2014
We better live in the land of erosion than living in ebola infected South West.
Nigeria is cursed Boko haram in the North, Ebola disease in the South West

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by padeolu: 6:52am On Aug 07, 2014
Firstbeauty1: Please my fellow Nairalanders if you have not seen this before please help me, I need your help. May the Lord Guide and protect you. "please like my PHOTO on this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659574127457717&set=o.577725372313390&type=1&relevant_count=1
So much prayer just to like ur pix. You no too fine, but I don "like" the pix. Good luck
Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 07, 2014
dridowu: [size=21pt]Good Development, i hope they can see the work Okorocha is about to embark on.[/size]
If voting for Okorocha in 2011 was a
mistake,that is if indeed it was a
mistake,may
we make the same mistake again come

5 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Youngzedd(m): 7:06am On Aug 07, 2014
Imo oni baje.

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 07, 2014
It will take a lot for me to believe anything this man says. I must say that Rochas is one of the disappointments modern democracy. It really saddens me when I drive around IMO state and observe with disgust the level of mediocrity at play in his execution of works.
It is either he is overwhelmed with work or he is just a complete failure who must be pushed out of office ASAP. I admit that we as IMO people collectively made the mistake of entrusting our future into his hands; I dare say that Ohakim would have been a better choice but our emotions took the better part of us.
Sad!

1 Like

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by arewafederation: 7:16am On Aug 07, 2014
Descartes, see the result of hard work on Nairaland...you made front page cheesycheesycheesy.

@topic..so an APC governor is the only Ibo leader working to ensure Eboland does not disappear from the world map as a result of erosion... shocked

God bless Rochas Okorocha...
God bless the 1% sensible ibos in Nigeria...
God bless APC....cool

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by arewafederation: 7:21am On Aug 07, 2014
gratieao:
We better live in the land of erosion than living in ebola infected South West.
Nigeria is cursed Boko haram in the North, Ebola disease in the South West

Ebola is not in "South West", its in Lagos where we have 60% of the entire Ibo population in Nigeria residing.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Douglasdale(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2014
[size=8pt][/size]
Lobeez: It will take a lot for me to believe anything this man says. I must say that Rochas is one of the disappointments modern democracy. It really saddens me when I drive around IMO state and observe with disgust the level of mediocrity at play in his execution of works.
It is either he is overwhelmed with work or he is just a complete failure who must be pushed out of office ASAP. I admit that we as IMO people collectively made the mistake of entrusting our future into his hands; I dare say that Ohakim would have been a better choice but our emotions took the better part of us.
Sad!
Its people like you who come online to write trash about Rochas but are nowhere to be found on the real streets. Please I dare u at least for the sake of this forum to List 7projects your Saviour Ohakim Started and completed in IMO state? Let's hear it.

5 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by MikeBetty(m): 7:25am On Aug 07, 2014
u are a stupid slowpoke. learn how to respect people and their environment . fool.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by smallJagaban: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2014
baggylips: shame on you.That land of erosion has produced industrious men and women who came to lagos,purchased your father's land,converted it to factories generating money while ur father squandered all the money paid to him in owambe....went back to ogbomosho where he produced a poverty stricken ill mannered son like you.No offence to my non-tribal yoruba friends working hard out there but I need to teach this b.rat a lesson. undecided

HOW MANY HOUSE HAS YOUR INDUSTRIOUS MEN AND WOMEN BOUGHT IN ABUJA, USA, FRANCE?

WE DO SEE HOW YOUR INDUSTRIOUS MEN AND WOMEN ENGAGE IN VICIOUS ACTIVITIES BOTH HOME AND ABROAD.

#DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL

1 Like

Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by Simple26(m): 7:27am On Aug 07, 2014
profjustine458: If voting for Okorocha in 2011 was a
mistake,that is if indeed it was a
mistake,may
we make the same mistake again come
you and who will make the same mistake again?
Re: Imo State Government Embarks On Control Of Gully Erosion by omenka(m): 7:32am On Aug 07, 2014
How the fvck do you manage to live with yourself

All you ethnic cretinous sputum gobbling greaseballs are the worst thing to have happened to this forum!! angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Indicted On Medicare Fraud! / Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally / Gov Rochas Okorocha Diagnosed Of Schizophrenia, Flown To India For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.