Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Six Amaechi’s Commissioners’ll Defect To PDP In Dec -wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Amaechi’s Commissioners’ll Defect To PDP In Dec -wike (1039 Views)

1,000 Defect From APC To PDP In Bayelsa / APC Chieftain, 7000 Members Defect To PDP In Yobe / APC Members Defect To PDP In Niger, Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Amaechi’s Commissioners’ll Defect To PDP In Dec -wike by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, said on Wednesday that six commissioners serving in Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s administration would resign their positions and join the Peoples Democratic Party by December 2014.

Wike also boasted that the PDP would win the forthcoming governorship election in the state.

The minister spoke in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area during the launch of the Millennium Development Goals’ Economic Empowerment and Conditional Cash Transfer Programme to the 23 council areas of the state by the wife of the President, Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan.

Wike added that the commissioners whose names were not mentioned entered into an agreement with the leadership of the state PDP to resign and defect to the party before the end of the year.

He reasoned that the affected commissioners would have gathered enough funds to sustain themselves and members of their families before leaving the state executive council.

Wike assured wife of the President, Patience Jonathan that nothing would stop the PDP from occupy the governorship position in 2015.

He said, “Your Excellency, I (Wike) want to say that today, August 6, you will call me that I said so. You can tell your security to remind you that I said it here in Akpor Grammar School, Ozuoaba, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area that PDP will win the governorship election and retain Rivers State.

“Let me also tell you (First Lady) that by December, six commissioners will resign and join us in PDP. The arrangement we had was that they should remain there (state executive council) and make enough money to take care of themselves and their families.

“If they resign now, they will be sacked. So, we want them to remain there and make enough money and join us then. I will not mention names, but when the time comes, you will know them.”

He, however, described the empowerment programmes of Amaechi administration as an afterthought.

“They are giving buses to local government areas. What they are doing is buying you over and they are giving you tokunbo (used) buses. Look at what the First Lady is giving. These are brand new buses,” Wike said.

The minister urged the people of the state to continue to support President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife in the forthcoming election.

http://www.punchng.com/news/six-amaechis-commissionersll-defect-to-pdp-in-dec-wike/
Re: Six Amaechi’s Commissioners’ll Defect To PDP In Dec -wike by LFJ: 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
And this is our Minister of State for Education

1 Like

Re: Six Amaechi’s Commissioners’ll Defect To PDP In Dec -wike by size38: 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Wetin come concern My Governor with the planned defection of 6 commissioner by december? The whole story has finally changed. Is Wike and his group tired of trying to illegally remove Amaechi from Office? All his boasting that he will remove Amaechi from Office is now 6 commissioner will defect by december? I laff in Ikwerre heheheheheheheheeh! I told them that Gov Amaechi is politically wiser and smarter than all of them put together including GEJ and his wife.

1 Like

Re: Six Amaechi’s Commissioners’ll Defect To PDP In Dec -wike by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
Smh!
Re: Six Amaechi’s Commissioners’ll Defect To PDP In Dec -wike by ofala(m): 12:43am On Aug 07, 2014
With the brilliance & optimal performance of this Junior Minister in our Education sector, I reliably gathered the American Government is begging him to resign & come to turn American Education system around.... * Source:...*

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

US Says UAE Bombed Libya Islamists As Turmoil Deepens / Boko Haram: Classified Document / Mr Ayodele Fayose Repents!! I Love This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.