Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy (1195 Views)

Charly Boy Releases New Photos As Fan Tells Him To Start A Clothing Line / Charly Boy: “Why I’m A Buddhist & Take My Siesta Inside A Coffin” - Pics / Photos Of Charly Boy's Abuja Mansion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by MiguelMi6(m): 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
I came across this article on DailyPostNG.If after this article,anyone insults the man,then he is right about Nigerians.

You must have heard this phrase before, made
about someone you know or perhaps even made by
you.

Just recently I was in conversation with one of my
cousins, Dr Alban about the mentality of the
average Nigerian especially those living abroad but
have refused to allow the civilization in the
developed world to affect the way they think and
act. According to him, anytime he engages people
on sensitive matters of national interest, the
feedback is always “e get as you dey do”, to which
he always replies “if e get as I dey do, e get as you
dey do too”.

His argument is that people should learn to
accommodate the differences in others, not
expecting that everyone will act or smell like them.
He actually said it in a way that caught my
fancy…”if e get as I dey do,you sef get as you dey
do, everybody get as dem dey do, so na to learn to
accommodate our differences so that all the do can
do together”. It was then I thought I should put pen
to paper.

Truly, who made you a judge over another to begin
to criticize and castigate people for being different
from you? Answer me.
If we all did the same way, walked the same way,
headed in the same direction, how much boring
would the world have been?
There is strength in diversity, and variety is the
spice of life. Just imagine if the colors of the
rainbow were just one, say black or only red.
Colorful always gets every sane person’s attention,
in a beautiful way.

This is the story and the beauty of our individual
differences.
Every now and again, unwholesome comments are
passed over my brand identity and characteristics;
but that’s why I’m CharlyBoy, and not…for
instance, Bill Gates.

All the people we sing their praise and look up to
“get as dem dey do o” and it’s their “do” that
brought them to where they are today. E no get as
Richard Brandson, the billionaire owner of Virgin
Group dey do or even our own Aliko Dangote?

While you may not do like me, please don’t
condemn my “do” because it is not written
anywhere that everybody must do like you or that
the verdict on how people should do rests with you.
Seriously, examine yourself very well, e no get as
you dey do? If you get as you dey do. okay now,
“do” don cancel “do” be dat nah!

In any society, there must be co-existence, and the
simple reason is because we all are different, in
character, attitude, habit, mannerism etc. To live at
peace and for progress, we must accommodate one
another.

We all cannot be Yorubas, Ibos, Hausas and what
have you but when all these tribes come together,
what we see is a colorful and rich Nigeria.

What one lacks, the other has and in harnessing
resources, we are richer. As long as the way
somebody does is notin any way harmful to his
fellow man, what needs to be done is to recognize
their special area and find ways of accommodating
them for our common good.

I heard not long ago how a new brand trying to
enter the Nigerian market needed a model who is
60years above but still looks young and energetic
as a 35year old. Of course, the only name on
everyone’s lip was CharlyBoy, but because of this
“e get as e dey do” matter, they thrashed the idea.
What a waste, what a shame!

What we detest here in Nigeria, is a spectacle to
Oyinbos whenever I travel out. Everybody wanting
to take picture with me, touch my rings, my nails
and so on.

That is how they said I’m gay, simply because I
posted pictures I took with some guys on a colorful
gay parade and the way I put out, pictures with
Derele, my looks on Nigerian Idol show etc. Isn’t
that too myopic? Una no know as I dey do? The fact
that you take pictures with children at a birthday
party makes you a child right? Yea, yea.

The CharlyBoy brand has continued to inspire our youth to be bold to dream and to dare: a positive contribution in an obnoxious environment where we found ourselves. I just have a passion for the so-called underdogs in the
society, those who either have no voice or have
been silenced by situations and circumstances.

When I relate with okada people, physically
challenged people, no be d same “e get as e dey
do” or e no get as dem dey do or as I dey fight for
Okada people, e don make me an okada rider or as
dem dey follow me, does it make them CharlyBoy?

My point here is that we should have respect for
people’s individuality wether they are gay or
straight, because that is how life goes.
Come to think of it, even animals get as as dem
dey do, animals, not to talk of human beings. Na as
Baba God take make am. E get as rat dey do. E get
as mosquito dey do, different from as crocodile dey
do. E get as fowl dey do, different from as fish dey
do.If you are living with a rat or rats, you must adjust
yourself, decide whether to get rat gum or make sure your soups and other things are well covered.These simple things should speak to us and point
us in the right direction.Allow your “do” accommodate my “do” and together, all our “do’s” will do us well.Stop criticizing people, if you can’t make them better, just simply leave them to live their lives, while you endeavor to also live yours to its fullest potential.

I’m not talking about thieves and rogues sha who
disguise as leaders, politicians, wey don sign say
other people no go see road comot, but na dem no
go go. Fire born all bad people!
I don talk my own, you fit talk your own too, if you
get sometin to say, because e get as una dey do.
Ha.

What do you think?
http://www.dailypost.ng/2014/08/06/charlyboy-e-get-e-dey-go/

2 Likes

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by Descartes: 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
And so
Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by Hohaiiiode(m): 1:00am On Aug 07, 2014
Pure truth! We africans are so judgmental. "na so e sopose be mentality"

1 Like

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by Illuminatus(m): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2014
MiguelMi6, e get as you dey do! cheesy.
Anyway, yes, we all have individual differences, different characters and such. So as long as your do isn't criminal in nature or unethical, I let you do your do.

2 Likes

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by MiguelMi6(m): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2014
Illuminatus: MiguelMi6, e get as you dey do! cheesy.
Anyway, yes, we all have individual differences, different characters and such. So as long as your do isn't criminal in nature or unethical, I let you do your do.
I had trouble with the nigerian language but the message was well said.
Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by ba7man(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2014
He might have spoken sense right there but I refused to read it fully since one part of my mind pictures it coming from that "weird looking" man taking "weird looking" pics with that "weird looking" girl.

Lesson: If you want people to take you serious look the part.

You can't dress up like a gay gangster and expect people to take you serious.

Dress the way you want to be addressed.

1 Like

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by MiguelMi6(m): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2014
ba7man: He might have spoken sense right there but I refused to read it fully since one part of my mind pictures it coming from that "weird looking" man taking "weird looking" pics with that "weird looking" girl.

Your President has been dressing like the Pirates of the Caribbean for years to international meetings against 97% of other world leaders in suit and tie,they obviously shouldn't be counting him serious anymore.You Nigerians get over your hypocrisy and self-righteous judgemental attitudes.

3 Likes

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by ba7man(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2014
MiguelMi6: Your President has been dressing like the Pirates of the Caribbean for years to international meetings against 97% of other world leaders in suit and tie,they obviously shouldn't be counting him serious anymore.You Nigerians get over your hypocrisy and self-righteous judgemental attitudes.
Who told you they count him serious?? They don't.

Dress like Charlie-boy and go job hunting or for a meeting with a board anywhere in the world and see how they'll react to you.......Even when you're speaking sense

This is simple comon sense.

2 Likes

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by JEITO: 10:33am On Aug 07, 2014
ROTFL.
#in ghanian accent

But Charley e get as u dey do tru tru wey dey strange to us na.

U sef ma check am na grin
Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by MiguelMi6(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2014
ba7man: Who told you they count him serious?? They don't.

Dress like Charlie-boy and go job hunting or for a meeting with a board anywhere in the world and see how they'll react to you.......Even when you're speaking sense

That's where you complicate yourself,he said his way of dressing is his brand,going for a job haunt requires the etiquette of professionalism and corporate dress sense for most jobs,but some jobs don't follow that rule,e.g,Google or Yahoo jobs.
Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by ba7man(m): 10:46am On Aug 07, 2014
MiguelMi6: That's where you complicate yourself,he said his way of dressing is his brand,going for a job haunt requires the etiquette of professionalism and corporate dress sense for most jobs,but some jobs don't follow that rule,e.g,Google or Yahoo jobs.
What brand is he representing??

Does that brand look responsible to you??

At his age.........at least Denrele will be excused because he's also into entertainment but he's half Charlie-boy's age.

1 Like

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by Illuminatus(m): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2014
ba7man: He might have spoken sense right there but I refused to read it fully since one part of my mind pictures it coming from that "weird looking" man taking "weird looking" pics with that "weird looking" girl.

This is exactly what he was talking about. Why does he have to look like a banker for you to take him serious? There are people who dress well, but talk and act silly. don't read a book by its cover. Leave what is written on the bus and enter the bus.
Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by Illuminatus(m): 10:49am On Aug 07, 2014
ba7man: Who told you they count him serious?? They don't.

He isn't going for a job interview He doesn't even need one.
Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by Illuminatus(m): 10:51am On Aug 07, 2014
ba7man: What brand is he representing??

At his age.........at least Denrele will be excused because he's also into entertainment but he's half Charlie-boy's age.
What is responsible?

1 Like

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by ba7man(m): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2014
Illuminatus:
What is responsible?
Ok, dress like him for a day and give me feedback......or dress up a friend like him and go see your parents.

I'm out.
Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by MiguelMi6(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
ba7man: What brand is he representing??

Whatever he is representing has no adverse effect on you.Let people be.

1 Like

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by Illuminatus(m): 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
ba7man: Ok, dress like him for a day and give me feedback......or dress up a friend like him and go see your parents.

I'm out.
you're evidently quite close minded. You have on idea what my parents are like. What makes you think they will be like yours who would have an heart attack on seeing that? People are different. Don't judge another person with a standard set by others.

2 Likes

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by ba7man(m): 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
Illuminatus:
you're evidently quite close minded. You have on idea what my parents are like. What makes you think they will be like yours who would have an heart attack on seeing that? People are different. Don't judge another person with a standard set by others.
Dress like Charlie-boy, go out and see how the society will receive you.
Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by Illuminatus(m): 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
ba7man: Dress like Charlie-boy, go out and see how the society will receive you.
The society being people like you, eh? I don't care. Like I said people are different. During Noah's era, he was supposedly the only righteous man around. Though everybody else had different beliefs and mocked him for having a different ideology, he was still different. And the "society" turned out to be wrong.
Don't care about the society. Worry more about being true to yourself and being good to others as much as possible.

2 Likes

Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by ba7man(m): 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
Illuminatus:
The society being people like you, eh? I don't care. Like I said people are different. During Noah's era, he was supposedly the only righteous man around. Though everybody else had different beliefs and mocked him for having a different ideology, he was still different. And the "society" turned out to be wrong.
Don't care about the society. Worry more about being true to yourself and being good to others as much as possible.
Noah never dressed in Mini robes exposing his legs or wear make up or shave half his hair and braid his beard when expressing his ideology.

That's why we have each other to put ourselves in check for the sake of sanity.

I love tattered jeans but I watch how I wear it not to pass the wrong message off.

I almost wove my hair not too long ago but changed my mind, people would mis-read me if I did at my age.

Hey, its not fair but that's the way of the World.

Dress the way you want to be adressed.
Re: E get as e dey go-A message by Charly Boy by Illuminatus(m): 4:29am On Aug 08, 2014
ba7man: Noah never dressed in Mini robes exposing his legs or wear make up or shave half his hair and braid his beard when expressing his ideology.

I love tattered jeans but I watch how I wear it not to pass the wrong message off.

I almost wove my hair not too long ago but changed my mind, people would mis-read me if I did at my age.

ba7man: Noah never dressed in Mini robes exposing his legs or wear make up or shave half his hair and braid his beard when expressing his ideology.

Yes. He didn't dress like Noah. But he was like Charlie in that he didn't fit in with his society. He was ridiculed and queried on his beliefs, just like you're doing now.
That remark about it not being a fair irked me to no end. The world isn't fair because people like you won't let it be fair. Make up your mind not to let the normal standard, the idea of how you think somebody should act, affect how you relate with people. If you make that decision and stick to it, then for the few people that interact with you, life will be fairer. Cut other people slack, bro.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Steps Out Looking Smokin’ HOT In Very Cool Dress / Nadia Buari Denies Having A New Guy.. See Tweet (photo) / Peter Okoye Says Paul Is Lazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.