Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate (5319 Views)

What Was The Forbidden Fruit Adam & Eve Ate? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by LordReed(m): 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dapo777:

Thanks for the correction.
But God called Eve Adams helper naaa,you can't ignor that fact.

Exactly. If Adam was going to asexually reproduce what helper did he need?
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
LordReed:

Exactly. If Adam was going to asexually reproduce what helper did he need?
For companion ofcouse
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by LordReed(m): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dapo777:
For companion ofcouse

If he was going to asexually reproduce then he would have had all the companions he wanted.
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Toyolad(m): 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
unyours: the good fruit is sex between adam and Eve while the forbidden fruit is sex between Eve and Lucifer. Hope you get it now?
No,cos this is Heresy.

God gave Adam the instruction in ch 2 vs 17 before he saw that it's not good for d man to be alone.

Hw could He av instructed him abt d 'fruit'(sex) without having an helper yet.
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
LordReed:

If he was going to asexually reproduce then he would have had all the companions he wanted.

Yes companion,but they were not good enough companions(animals) according to the Bible.
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Toyolad: No,cos this is Heresy.

God gave Adam the instruction in ch 2 vs 17 before he saw that it's not good for d man to be alone.

Hw could He av instructed him abt d 'fruit'(sex) without having an helper yet.
If God gave the instruction to Adam alone, then Eve is not to blame for eating the forbidden fruit. Why do you think it is a typical edible fruit? Why will God purposely place a forbidden fruit in the garden? Forbidden fruit here is Lucifer who was rejected from heaven. Why after eating the fruit, the first knowledge they had was about their unclothedness. Of course it is heresy you don't need tell me that - i know. But remember not all religion doctrine are true, thus heresy can even be truer. Heresy is simply a believe outside the traditional christian believe. I don't know why people keep reminding me it's heresy. It is heresy but the truth and fact. Christians misinterpreted that portion of the bible or the transcribers used coded words.
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by LordReed(m): 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dapo777:

Yes companion,but they were not good enough companions(animals) according to the Bible.

According to you Adam can produce another man all by himself so why not produce another man all by himself for companionship? Why does God have to do it, if He has given Adam the power to reproduce without a female? And why did Eve have to be female? Why not another man, who will be physically strong like Adam so that he can be of better help? Can't males be companions too?

2 Likes

Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
LordReed:

According to you Adam can produce another man all by himself so why not produce another man all by himself for companionship? Why does God have to do it, if He has given Adam the power to reproduce without a female? And why did Eve have to be female? Why not another man, who will be physically strong like Adam so that he can be of better help? Can't males be companions too?
That's true.
Probably God thought he knows what's best for Adam. tongue
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Toyolad(m): 8:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
unyours: If God gave the instruction to Adam alone, then Eve is not to blame for eating the forbidden fruit. Why do you think it is a typical edible fruit? Why will God purposely place a forbidden fruit in the garden? FORBIDDEN FRUIT HERE IS LUCIFER who was rejected from heaven. Why after eating the fruit, the first knowledge they had was about their unclothedness. Of course it is heresy you don't need tell me that - i know. But remember not all religion doctrine are true, thus heresy can even be truer. Heresy is simply a believe outside the traditional christian believe. I don't know why people keep reminding me it's heresy. It is heresy but the truth and fact. Christians misinterpreted that portion of the bible or the transcribers used coded words.
Oh well u've got a point BUT Bible didn't mention the forbidden fruit to be lucifer,the forbidden fruit was a FRUIT,lucifer only deceived her into taking out of the fruit of the tree to eat.

And,abt eve nt to be blamed cos of ignorance;Eve was aware of God's instruction(either God repeated the instruction when He brought eve to Adam or Adam told her).if not,hw would she av told d serpent d instruction exactly the way God told Adam in the first place.

Of cos,unclothedness is the first thing they observed,dats because the first tin they did immediately their eyes were opened was self(physical) evaluation (wich is very normal).
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Elem1: 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
unyours: Yeah! Cos fact is a proven truth
nice 1
My philosopher

1 Like

Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Elem1: 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
Toyolad: according to them,the connotative meaning of the fruit is Idolatry(sex)
Idolatry doesn't mean adultry

1 Like

Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Toyolad(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
LordReed:

i liked ur post,U made sense!
Kudos!
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Toyolad(m): 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
Elem1: Idolatry doesn't mean adultry
oooh God!..I can't believe I've been making that mistake since morning,thanks for d correction,I appreciate

1 Like

Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
Toyolad: Oh well u've got a point BUT Bible didn't mention the forbidden fruit to be lucifer,the forbidden fruit was a FRUIT,lucifer only deceived her into taking out of the fruit of the tree to eat.

And,abt eve nt to be blamed cos of ignorance;Eve was aware of God's instruction(either God repeated the instruction when He brought eve to Adam or Adam told her).if not,hw would she av told d serpent d instruction exactly the way God told Adam in the first place.

Of cos,unclothedness is the first thing they observed,dats because the first tin they did immediately their eyes were opened was self(physical) evaluation (wich is very normal).
if it was fruit type of fruit, dont you think the bible would have mentioned it? When Jesus cursed a tree, the bible made mention of the exact type of tree - fig tree and not just TREE! For the bible not to mention the name of the fruit means that portion was explained in a parable kind of way. What is really so special about eating a fruit God created himself that will cause man to have knowledge of good and evil? Why will God place a heavy curse on earth for just common fruit man ate he himself created? That fruit was Lucifer hovering around the garden. God then warned Adam & Eve to stay away from that fruit. Also remember, when you use the phrase 'fruit of the womb', you don't mean a fruit(mango, orange, pawpaw, watermelon or cucumber) gotten out of the womb. But the word fruit in this case represent something else and not edible FRUIT.
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by LordReed(m): 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Toyolad: i liked ur post,U made sense!
Kudos!

Thank you. May your search for truth be fruitful.

1 Like

Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
Toyolad, picture this too. Why didn't both of them eat the fruit at same time but Eve had to eat before serving her husband. Meaning Lucifer must have lured her away from Adam, knowing too well that if he gets Eve, he has gotten Adam. Do you think Adam would have eaten had it been it was an apple gotten from a forbidden apple tree?
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Toyolad(m): 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
unyours: if it was fruit type of fruit, dont you think the bible would have mentioned it? When Jesus cursed a tree, the bible made mention of the exact type of tree - fig tree and not just TREE! For the bible not to mention the name of the fruit means that portion was explained in a parable kind of way. What is really so special about eating a fruit God created himself that will cause man to have knowledge of good and evil? Why will God place a heavy curse on earth for just common fruit man ate he himself created? That fruit was Lucifer hovering around the garden. God then warned Adam & Eve to stay away from that fruit. Also remember, when you use the phrase 'fruit of the womb', you don't mean a fruit(mango, orange, pawpaw, watermelon or cucumber) gotten out of the womb. But the word fruit in this case represent something else and not edible FRUIT.
And when U're talking about fruit,it's something dat grows on or inside something(tree or human) and when plucked(given birth to),gives a certain nutrient to the body(u get why they use it as embryo now?).
Now,does this av any similarity with lucifer?

Come to think of it,how can having sex(with a snake called serpent) cause someone to have d knowledge of good and evil...I believe for her to av agreed to have s3x,she alredi knew good and evil but for the fruit,it looks like any other fruit.

About naming the fruit,there was no name given to fruits then,remember Adam had jst startd d job of naming things
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Toyolad(m): 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
unyours: Toyolad, picture this too. Why didn't both of them eat the fruit at same time but Eve had to eat before serving her husband. Meaning Lucifer must have lured her away from Adam, knowing too well that if he gets Eve, he has gotten Adam. Do you think Adam would have eaten had it been it was an apple gotten from a forbidden apple tree?
now,this right here can be said of fruit also...d serpent knew that if Adam was there,he wouldn't av allowed eve to take it,so d serpent lured her when Adam was not there with her..#logically simple
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
Toyolad: And when U're talking about fruit,it's something dat grows on or inside something(tree or human) and when plucked(given birth to),gives a certain nutrient to the body(u get why they use it as embryo now?).

Come to think of it,how can having sex(with a snake called serpent) cause someone to have d knowledge of good and evil...I believe for her to av agreed to have s3x,she alredi knew good and evil but for the fruit,it looks like any other fruit.

About naming the fruit,there was no name given to fruits then,remember Adam had jst startd d job of naming things
if so, for her to agree to eat the fruit means she is already aware of good and evil too. The bible was written after everything was named so why was the name of the fruit not mentioned? Or didn't Adam later give the fruit a name? Sex means bonding. Having sex with Lucifer means she has bonded with evil which is transferable to generations. How can eating ordinary fruit transfer sin from generation to generation?
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by tpia1: 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
adam was recorded as naming the animals, not the plants.

Genesis 2

Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Elem1: 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dapo777:
That's true.
Probably God thought he knows what's best for Adam. tongue
disorgarnised reasoning
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
Elem1: disorgarnised reasoning

Sharapp you didn't say anything since throughout this debate,only for u to come here and type "disorganized reasoning " why not tell us What you know. Ode.

1 Like

Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by LordReed(m): 1:34am On Aug 10, 2014
unyours: if it was fruit type of fruit, dont you think the bible would have mentioned it? When Jesus cursed a tree, the bible made mention of the exact type of tree - fig tree and not just TREE! For the bible not to mention the name of the fruit means that portion was explained in a parable kind of way. What is really so special about eating a fruit God created himself that will cause man to have knowledge of good and evil? Why will God place a heavy curse on earth for just common fruit man ate he himself created? That fruit was Lucifer hovering around the garden. God then warned Adam & Eve to stay away from that fruit. Also remember, when you use the phrase 'fruit of the womb', you don't mean a fruit(mango, orange, pawpaw, watermelon or cucumber) gotten out of the womb. But the word fruit in this case represent something else and not edible FRUIT.

Because the Bible was not specific on the type of fruit is not enough to say it was not a fruit.
First off, the type of fruit doesn't exist anymore so even if it was named how would you know it?
Secondly, the tree had a name, the tree of knowledge of good and of evil so why is it a parable if it had a name?
Thirdly why is it impossible for God to create a fruit that is able to alter the destiny of men? Are there no poisonous fruits that can kill? Are men not making substances that alter their lives after ingesting them? Is God less powerful than man?
Finally, the passage tells us God created two trees and put them in the midst of the garden but according to you the fruit was Lucifer so in other words God created Lucifer and put him in the garden. How is this possible?
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Toyolad(m): 6:47am On Aug 10, 2014
unyours: if so, for her to agree to eat the fruit means she is already aware of good and evil too. The bible was written after everything was named so why was the name of the fruit not mentioned? Or didn't Adam later give the fruit a name? Sex means bonding. Having sex with Lucifer means she has bonded with evil which is transferable to generations. How can eating ORDINARY fruit TRANSFER SIN from generation to generation?
Eve recognized fruits and could differentiate fruit frm oda things,she knws it is edible. And it's only normal dat she thought it's d normal fruit that opens one's eyes jst as others kill hunger and other plants are used for diff purposes.But she never had d knwledge abt s3x nor did she see any other human in the act.

How can eating some set of food give cancer?..how can eating a kind of food affect a vegetarian?..how can eating a contaminated fruit transfer some viruses to the body which can as well be transferred to d next generation?

No1 knws the kind of fruit it is,Adam never gave it a name nd if he did,it would be a name like 'tree of knwledge of good and evil' dat goes with God's instruction concerning the fruit.And d tree sef ceased to exist after d incidence,hw could moses av knwn d name of a non-existent fruit
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by akatekpe(m): 8:12am On Aug 10, 2014
Toyolad: And when U're talking about fruit,it's something dat grows on or inside something(tree or human) and when plucked(given birth to),gives a certain nutrient to the body(u get why they use it as embryo now?).

I ve been following this argument keenly. Intresting contribution from you all,matured reasoning,logical analysis. From the knowledge gathered so far from all your contribution and my personal understanding,i think I can conclude that the forbidden fruit was not an ordinary fruit that grows on tree. What am stil pondering on is if lucifer actually disvirginedd Eve or he taught Eve how to screw Adam cos Lucifer is known as a bundle of knowledge
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 10, 2014
someone has been reading too much of billy Grahams nd Dan Brown's collection..

two bad guys with funny ideologies yet shouldn't be overlooked
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by LordReed(m): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kizmarty: someone has been reading too much of billy Grahams nd Dan Brown's collection..

two bad guys with funny ideologies yet shouldn't be overlooked

Correction not Billy Graham but William Branham.
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
LordReed:

Correction not Billy Graham but William Branham.

noted
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Toyolad(m): 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
akatekpe: I ve been following this argument keenly. Intresting contribution from you all,matured reasoning,logical analysis. From the knowledge gathered so far from all your contribution and my personal understanding,i think I can conclude that the forbidden fruit was not an ordinary fruit that grows on tree. What am stil pondering on is if lucifer actually disvirginedd Eve or he taught Eve how to screw Adam cos Lucifer is known as a bundle of knowledge
how can You say 'screw adam' when it's a knwn fact that u can't be fruitful without avin sex
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Toyolad:
Eve recognized fruits and could differentiate fruit frm oda things,she knws it is edible. And it's only normal dat she thought it's d normal fruit that opens one's eyes jst as others kill hunger and other plants are used for diff purposes.But she never had d knwledge abt s3x nor did she see any other human in the act.

How can eating some set of food give cancer?..how can eating a kind of food affect a vegetarian?..how can eating a contaminated fruit transfer some viruses to the body which can as well be transferred to d next generation?

No1 knws the kind of fruit it is,Adam never gave it a name nd if he did,it would be a name like 'tree of knwledge of good and evil' dat goes with God's instruction concerning the fruit.And d tree sef ceased to exist after d incidence,hw could moses av knwn d name of a non-existent fruit
Adam have named all tins before they ate the fruit, hence the fruit is suppose to have a name. So you mean God who inspired the bible does not know the name of the fruit? When even rivers then in Eden have names. How will God create a fruit that will cause trouble for mankind - have u ask ursef that? You wanted man to live forever yet you went to plant a bad tree in the middle of the garden. God wouldn't have done that cos it would be very easy someone would eat that fruit someday. Maybe through fruit dropping and mix up of fruit. God warned them to stay away from Lucifer - the forbidden fruit(from heaven). Remember when the bible said after God created the universe, he saw that it was good and perfect...then he instructed they shouldn't eat from a forbidden fruit - which I'm sure is not among what God said was good and perfect. Like I said before, fruit only nutrient but s.ex is a bond and that's why sin was transferable. Else, a normal fruit would either nourish you or kill you instantly(if poisonous).

1 Like

Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
LordReed:

Because the Bible was not specific on the type of fruit is not enough to say it was not a fruit.
First off, the type of fruit doesn't exist anymore so even if it was named how would you know it?
Secondly, the tree had a name, the tree of knowledge of good and of evil so why is it a parable if it had a name?
Thirdly why is it impossible for God to create a fruit that is able to alter the destiny of men? Are there no poisonous fruits that can kill? Are men not making substances that alter their lives after ingesting them? Is God less powerful than man?
Finally, the passage tells us God created two trees and put them in the midst of the garden but according to you the fruit was Lucifer so in other words God created Lucifer and put him in the garden. How is this possible?
Firstly, if it is a fruit, how do you know the fruit is not existing? You thought so cos it actually was no fruit in the first place.
Secondly, 'Tree' there was a coded word for Lucifer. Lucifer knew what was good and evil. - He was the only being then that has tasted both.
Thirdly, it is impossible for God to create fruit that will alter the destiny of man cos he created man for a purpose - to live forever. So God won't on his own put a barrier to that - to test man or what? The bible said he created the universe and saw it was good and perfect - was the forbidden tree among the good and perfect things?
Lastly, God had created Lucifer before hand. Remember Lucifer was hurled down to earth because he rebelled. Hence the forbidden tree bearing forbidden fruit.
Re: See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate by MrPresident1: 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
This is beyond conventional Christianity.

Adam is not a single person, Eve is not a single person, the serpent is not a single person; they are just descriptive names for a multitude of people.

What really happened was that the serpent convinced Eve to partake of idolatry and Eve convinced Adam to partake of idolatry.

The story, so simplistically rendered, is far deeper. It is the story of descent into depravity, into corruption; and subsequent loss of relationship with God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Love Celebrating Christmas: Top 10 Reasons / Letter To Ifeann / Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.