Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Russian Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports From U.S, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russian Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports From U.S, (830 Views)

Customs Intercepts Ammunition Imported From U.S.A / US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria / Stolen Assets Recovery: Buhari Demands Fuel Imports From Oil Marketers Implicate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports From U.S, by onismate: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
The war between U.S and Russia is not going to end soon. The Russian Government Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports from U.S, Canada, EU, and other countries. Retaliating against countries that imposed sanctions on Moscow for the country’s support of the annexation of Crimea and rebels in eastern Ukraine.
Approved by Russian president, Vladimir Putin, the ban starts today, August 7th, and will last for one year.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/news/424-russian-government-bans-meat-fish-dairy-fruits-vegetable-imports-from-u-s-canada-and-other-countries
Re: Russian Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports From U.S, by Caseless: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
When they were rolling out sanctions against Russia they thought it was only Russia that's benefiting from economic tie, the US , EU and d rest dont benefit frm it. Now it is time to tell them Russia is big enough to sanction any country in retaliation. Na those europian countries wey russia de breastfeed i pity. Dem follow US brag and forgeting d US can stand on its own , unlike them.
Russia is what we call a facultative leech:with or without host , they can survive on their own.

1 Like

Re: Russian Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports From U.S, by manny4life(m): 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
Let me guess, what's the trade value and offset between both countries, this won't affect the U.S. because these are common products not even worth up to $1billion annually. Compare that to beating Russia economy is having, hmm, the difference is clear... Btw, I don't care about both countries. #Truth
Re: Russian Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports From U.S, by Symphony007: 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
The U.S is crushing russian banks, diminishing it's currency, baring essential exports and trade deals and in response russia bans dairy and poultry. grin grin grin, I'm sure the u.s economy is in crisis and obama is shaking in his boots because on farmer in idaho won't be able to export his produce to russia...russia please stop embarrasing yourselves. Vladimir should know that all the euphoria his people feel over the annexation of crimea will fizzle when hunger and unemployment sets in.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports From U.S, by onatisi(m): 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
Symphony007: The U.S is crushing russian banks, diminishing it's currency, baring essential exports and trade deals and in response russia bans dairy and poultry. grin grin grin, I'm sure the u.s economy is in crisis and obama is shaking in his boots because on farmer in idaho won't be able to export his produce to russia...russia please stop embarrasing yourselves. Vladimir should know that all the euphoria his people feel over the annexation of crimea will fizzle when hunger and unemployment sets in.
I think you should read this before arriving at ur conclusion of who will suffer from this ban more. m.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28687172
Re: Russian Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports From U.S, by onatisi(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
rt.com/business/178536-sanctions-import-ban-russia/
Re: Russian Bans Meat, Fish, Dairy, Fruits, & Vegetable Imports From U.S, by manny4life(m): 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
onatisi: I think you should read this before arriving at ur conclusion of who will suffer from this ban more. m.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28687172

From the same link, I found this excerpt interesting.

Sourcing food in Russia
President Vladimir Putin announced on Wednesday that Russia would retaliate against Western sanctions. The embargo will last for a year and takes effect immediately.

Mr Medvedev ordered the agriculture ministry and producer organisations to find ways to boost Russian farm output in order to prevent price rises for consumers.

Western exports of baby food to Russia are not on the sanctions list. Western pet food is not banned either, and Russians are not barred from buying Western food abroad, within customs limits.

The Russian authorities say they are confident the supermarket shelves will not be left empty - they are searching for alternative suppliers in South America, Turkey and China.

But filling the gap will not be easy, the BBC's Steve Rosenberg reports from Moscow. It is estimated that in big cities, like Moscow, more than 60% of food in the shops is imported.

Researchers at Capital Economics say "far and away the most vulnerable to the Russian sanctions is Lithuania, where exports of the banned products to Russia are equivalent to 2.5% of GDP".

But they add that "the biggest loser from the import ban looks set to be Russia".

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba's Are Made For Life! / It Seems The Broom Revolution Has... Niger State. / Important: Questions For APC Chieftains To Ponder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.