Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Does The Us Embassy Visa Policy In Nigeria Discriminate? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does The Us Embassy Visa Policy In Nigeria Discriminate? (21304 Views)

Ukrainian Embassy Visa Interview / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Does The Us Embassy Visa Policy In Nigeria Discriminate? by elelem(m): 5:13am On Apr 20, 2010
I blame our government for turning us into mere puppets in our own country
Re: Does The Us Embassy Visa Policy In Nigeria Discriminate? by dwheels76: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2010
Okay I read all these poss some very old going back to 2006. But My fiance' s going through this VISA process and we had been scammed by so called agents there to the tine of $3700 we lost for a VISA we picked up that was already expired.
Now we are dealing directly with Counselor General In Lagos.

My question is why is the price so VISA so different.? It's like you can line up 100 Nigerians and all paid a different price. We paid $5000 yes $50000. But I have Nigerian friends this year alone who have paid as much as $20000 to embassy and to this places that will "HELP" and guarantee a VISA.

What have you all paid or heard people been paying? We have already paid $3500 on the $5000 and when we pay the last $1500 this week he gets his VISA.

And it only seems like its a US VISA that's like this. am naive I guess when I look online and see VISA application $25 I figure that's it. Not all these thousands.

Tell me people prices charges. And also anyone know any cheap airfares from Lagos to Dallas, Texas. need to buy in a moments notice.

Thank you,

Debbie

1 Like

Re: Does The Us Embassy Visa Policy In Nigeria Discriminate? by samantha72: 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
my friend has spent over $3800 plus in visa fees...travel to Abuja for first interview... and was denied...the second time was in Lagos where his residents is...and was denied again on 10/21/2013 two months later from the Abuja interview... they are saying the reason for denial is because he will run away once here in the USA and this is not so... he has a letter of invitation from me... he has all of the papers proving that he will be staying with me while here in the USA... he has presented all of his papers that are needed at time of interview.... he has family, a job and many friends in Nigeria...we have been communicating for over three years....now it is time to meet in person but they keep denying him the chance to come here... I would like to know what he/we need to do in order for them to grant this visa to him without spending any more money in fees...any information concerning this matter at hand will be greatly appreciated....
Thanking you in advance

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Things To Know About Carter Bridge In Lagos / Lawmaker, Abdullahi Aliyu Ahmed Threatens Legal Action Against Air Peace / Tanker Driver Burnt In Enugu Fire Incident As No One Could Save Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.