Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. (1363 Views)

Ambode And Tinubu At Commemoration Of International Jazz Day / Leaders Of International Election Observer Groups Arrive Nigeria - Pics / Photo Of Obasanjo In 1998 Speaking To The Press On Release From Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. by eaglechild: 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
I just decided to catch the international news headlines and tuned to CNN what I saw as the first report was the story of Christians fleeing the major Christian city in Iraq due to the ISIS crisis.

I tuned to Aljazeera and for sure what I saw was the news of the loss of lives in the Gaza conflict.

This pattern of reporting adopted by the international press where a story is made "big" or swept under the carpet depending on whom it favours is becoming increasingly worrisome.

As I watched on CNN had later moved on to the Gaza story though with a focus on how HAMAS is planning to resume attack rather than the humanitarian crisis.

While Aljazeera is yet to mention anything about ISIS.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. by Proxy001(m): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Bros na so life be ooo. politricks self dey surface inside d same family not to talk of between countries. my only pain be say our NTA dey useless both to themselves and d outside world

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. by Tittos: 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
There is no media in this world that is 100% unbiased on every issue. You can watch the both of them to get more balanced facts. CNN and aljazeera may down play some issues while over hyping others,or report from different perspectives,but at least they don't just formulate news nor lies, neither do they peddle falsehood. Unlike what we have here

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. by EkoIle1: 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
You need to worry more about your own one way zombie NTA in Nigeria....
Re: The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
Al Jazeera is bera than that shittttthole

Let them report about Russia now you will just hate Russia one time...CNN fuckttardz
Re: The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. by Empiree: 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
op, world is not fair. you too probably don't hear about Muslims being driven out of their homes in China, Philippines, Myanmar and other places we don't even know. Just pray for your Christian brothers and sisters that Allah have mercy on them. Wake up in the middle of the night and pray for them even if it's for just 5 mins. Prayer that you offer for others in your language in your privacy is the most sincere affection for them. But complaining on net is not sincere and doesn't worth it. That's just public stunt

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. by eaglechild: 10:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
Empiree: op, world is not fair. you too probably don't hear about Muslims being driven out of their homes in China, Philippines, Myanmar and other places we don't even know. Just pray for your Christian brothers and sisters that Allah have mercy on them. Wake up in the middle of the night and pray for them even if it's for just 5 mins. Prayer that you offer for others in your language in your privacy is the most sincere affection for them. But complaining on net is not sincere and doesn't worth it. That's just public stunt
Well I just find it very weird that Aljazeera has kept mute on a current crisis that even the pope has spoken out against and all major media houses have as headlines.
Thousands of Christians are fleeing their homes as we speak.

In fact this is what Aljazeera reported....
Sunni Muslims are making gains in Iraq

Is that not plain madness?

Re: The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. by Empiree: 11:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
eaglechild:
Thousands of Christians are fleeing their homes as we speak.

I understand your plight, trust me. The world is not fair at all. You see, the way you deeply feel sad about your fellow christians being driven out of their homes or persecuted and not reported as you said is the way Muslims also feel when muslims are masacred and we barely hear anything about it unless we turn to alternative media.

For example, mainstream media did not report muslims being killed or persecuted in Kashmir, china, Burma, Philipines etc. They reported Gaza becuz of its epicenter of political struggles. Even they mostly reported cosmestic version of it to paint victims bad.

My advise for you is take heart. Even if they report it we cant really do anything practically. As for those crazies parading themselves as muslims, all you have to do is open your eyes. Do you see any muslim govt openly funding them or providing them weapons? Answer is no. The people who are funding these terrorists called themselves "saviors". Those are the folks you need to hold responsible.

Most muslims do not support this bogus caliphate. True caliphate does not act like these lunatics. All you have to do is open your eyes see who was parading them when Arab uprising started. They called them "freedom fighters" but we knew they are their mercenaries. They are being used. So their masters have achieved 80% of what they wanted. Now they going to evolve "to rescue" christians. Please open your eyes. Educate yourself. Dont be like religious bigots who dont see beyond "Islam vs christian", "Muslims vs christians" and all that nonsense. The picture is bigger. May God help us all. Amin

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of International Press on the middle east crisis CNN Vs Aljazeera. by uken73(m): 4:57am On Aug 08, 2014
Reporting these days often lack objectivity.

(1) (Reply)

PICTURES. Ebola: Governors Avoid Handshakes, Adopt Knuckles Greeting / Ambode Akinwunmi At Lagos State House Of Assmebly / Can GEJ Be Consulted After He Leaves Office?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.