Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,264 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King (31489 Views)

Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Silensa(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
am sure that he was aware of the burial rite for Oba's before taking the mantle.
The family has utterly failed and should be punished for this.

No respect for our traditions again.
Smh

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
numericalguy:

hahaha.

sorry dude, there wont be seven human heads for you to bury the late Oba with. This Oba was a Muslim and such evil and barbaric acts will not reign even after his death.

This isn't about human heads you dumbass..most rituals to bury obas have been done without human sacrifice.

This is about the pride of the Yoruba and the Obaship title, if this Obas family want to be muslims they should be striped off their royalty....oba is to paganism as emir is Islam

4 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Bokoharam: 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
So, is Islam in support of using human beings/human head for burial?
Just a question.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
ibedun:

I think Tinubu was right about these useless Yoruba Obas. When you think they have presided over mass sell off of our Land to strangers , they have allowed their domain to be overpopulated by strangers, they have failed to assert our authority on our land, allowed foreigners to dominate our market and commerce leaving indigenes unemployed, succumbed to the FG without a fight and knowing that we are operating a fraudulent constitution in Nigeria without protest etc etcd

True! Most of these Obas have been a shame to Obaship..
Starting from their mingling with foreign religion And absolute ignorance in the old Ifa system and general history of Yorubaland

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
caseless: what are u saying? What has being oba got to do with personal religion? Late ATTAH OF IGALA, Dr Aliyu Obaje, died on the throne and was buried according to islamic rite. Abi ar u saying yoruba ppl uphold that culture than igala pple? Infact, oboni that took over now is a traditionalist and shall b buried according to traditional rites. So wat's d fuse? I'm sure if he was buried according to xtain rite, u'd not hav said this.
sorry for quoting u, but i want u to get your facts right before misleading people. First, the Attah Igala is a position with islamic influence since the creation of the igala kingdom in the 15th century by HRM Ayegba omaidoko after he won the jukun-igala war with the help of the six mallams from bebeji in kano through thier prayer and works. They were muslims, which the past 21 Attahs were muslims except the siiting attah who is not a muslim. Thats why the past attah Dr aliyu Obaje was burried with an islamic rite. So u now see that the issue of ikorodu is different because the throne has no connection to islam, therefore he shouldnt be burried with an islamic rite, compared to the Attah Igala whose throne is islamically linked.

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
caseless: what are u saying? What has being oba got to do with personal religion? Late ATTAH OF IGALA, Dr Aliyu Obaje, died on the throne and was buried according to islamic rite. Abi ar u saying yoruba ppl uphold that culture than igala pple? Infact, oboni that took over now is a traditionalist and shall b buried according to traditional rites. So wat's d fuse? I'm sure if he was buried according to xtain rite, u'd not hav said this.

We are Yoruba not Igala, if Igala want to sell their throne to Islam we won't.

An Oba is a person who can promote the values of the Yoruba not be a promoter of Islam...this is an Emir's job
its because of useless obas like this that Igbo people call us Fulani slaves

5 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Marlicque: 2:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mushood: nice info for those of indegene dat were absent like me. From ur brother amodu moshood

same here ooo... its a welcome development... missing ikorodu sad

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by mbhs139(m): 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
My take on this issue is this:

As a devouted Muslim that Oba claims to be, he should have decline his choice as the Oba, knowing fully the duties and responsibilities of an Oba in Yoruba land. I want to believed he had come of age before he was made an Oba.

The second thing to look into is, did he go through the Yoruba traditional rites of Obaship, I mean, was he installed with all the traditional rites of an Oba performed?

If the answer is 'yes', then he has no right to be buried in the Islamic way. The traditional council can go to court and void the burial. Every potential Oba in Yoruba land knows that they would be burried according to the custom of the land.

My father once had the chance of becoming the Balogun Are-Ago of Osogbo, but he declined the position because he couldn't stand the traditional roles and responsibility attached to it as a devout Muslim.

I think that settles the matter. I rise.

Courrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

4 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
tundeism: The Rademo Ruling House actually begged the Olosugbos to respect the wish of the king to allow the Muslims pray on him and it was evident during his life time dat he was a practicing muslim if not the Imam will not pray on him. And that has not in anyway distorted the traditional rite. So stop causing confusion here

Which is why I blame the afobaje chiefs for letting this sacrilege.
They have all insulted our ancestors who established Obaship

This is a form of promoting Islam with the obaship powers being one to promote strictly Yoruba values as mandated by our forefathers.
Nothing concerns an Oba with Islam

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by mbhs139(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

We are Yoruba not Igala, if Igala want to sell their throne to Islam we won't.

An Oba is a person who can promote the values of the Yoruba not be a promoter of Islam...this is an Emir's job
its because of useless obas like this that Igbo people call us Fulani slaves

It isn't a matter of selling anything; the matter is a very simple one. Check my earlier post above yours.

I have argued that was the Oba installed through the Yoruba traditional rites and custom? If the answer is 'yes', he ought to have known or should be told that, "look, Kabiesi, we shall also perform so so and so on you when you die o".

I don't know how true it is, but it has been said at several times that the Oba to be installed eat a certain part of the deceased Oba, i.e. "O jo'ba" meaning; 'he ate the king'. So, it is imperative that someone 'eats' him too.

If you are a devouted Muslim or Christian, please stay clear of the Obaship, you can't mix oil with water.

5 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
Well spoken Brother macof. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Caseless: 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
eves4love: sorry for quoting u, but i want u to get your facts right before misleading people. First, the Attah Igala is a position with islamic influence since the creation of the igala kingdom in the 15th century by HRM Ayegba omaidoko after he won the jukun-igala war with the help of the six mallams from bebeji in kano through thier prayer and works. They were muslims, which the past 21 Attahs were muslims except the siiting attah who is not a muslim. Thats why the past attah Dr aliyu Obaje was burried with an islamic rite. So u now see that the issue of ikorodu is different because the throne has no connection to islam, therefore he shouldnt be burried with an islamic rite, compared to the Attah Igala whose throne is islamically linked.
u are misleading the general public with this unfounded history. So, jukun that river was poisoned for dis water they drank and they died, and u ar telling me igala won d war with help of hausa? It was only ameh oboni(evn thou he later changed to a traditionalist like his son did) and Aliyu obaje, i can't recall any attah with affiliation to any known religion apart from trad religion and, u gave as much as 21 of them having link to islam.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by mbhs139(m): 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
Silensa: am sure that he was aware of the burial rite for Oba's before taking the mantle.
The family has utterly failed and should be punished for this.

No respect for our traditions again.
Smh

you will be a good lawyer for the traditional people. please file your case at the federal high court, no, sorry, world court.

I share your thought.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
deols:

Being a Yoruba king is not equal to being a worshipper of Orisha. The Oba was a Muslim and was buried according to Islamic rites. Simples.

MAY Allah forgive his sins and grant him jannah. May the Queen live long.

May Allah bless the Kingdom and Nigeria at large.
numericalguy:

You can be a good Muslim and still be an Oba.

Being a Yoruba king is simply that "BEING A YORUBA KING"
Now who is a Yoruba king?
A position tagged "Oba" another name attached to this position is "Igbakeji Orisha"
Second to the Gods, not second to Allah.

Allah has no business in Yoruba matters, he doesn't exist in our culture because we don't know him here. If a man is a Muslim he can't be the representative of the Yoruba culture and traditions.
He is a propagator of Arab principles.

A Yoruba king is the representative of the ancestors.
Our ancestors weren't muslims, they were pagans.

So if the man can't kill his belief in Arab deities he should probably go to Saudi Arabia to be Emir

We had better not have an Oba than one that brings shame upon the Obaship system

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by mbhs139(m): 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
eves4love: sorry for quoting u, but i want u to get your facts right before misleading people. First, the Attah Igala is a position with islamic influence since the creation of the igala kingdom in the 15th century by HRM Ayegba omaidoko after he won the jukun-igala war with the help of the six mallams from bebeji in kano through thier prayer and works. They were muslims, which the past 21 Attahs were muslims except the siiting attah who is not a muslim. Thats why the past attah Dr aliyu Obaje was burried with an islamic rite. So u now see that the issue of ikorodu is different because the throne has no connection to islam, therefore he shouldnt be burried with an islamic rite, compared to the Attah Igala whose throne is islamically linked

caseless: u are misleading the general public with this unfounded history. So, jukun that river was poisoned for dis water they drank and they died, and u ar telling me igala won d war with help of hausa? It was only ameh oboni(evn thou he later changed to a traditionalist like his son did) and Aliyu obaje, i can't recall any attah with affiliation to any known religion apart from trad religion and, u gave as much as 21 of them having link to islam.

The two of you must settle this matter before you both leave this forum o, otherwise, you would've misinformed and misled some people o. O ya, make huna go carry huna history book, dust am well, and carry on.

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by veron007: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
amodu: The late king....

On top this ebola business na im we still dey gather crowd together and even messing around with deadbody!
Africa!!! When are we ever going to learn!. The man is dead, it does not matter how he is buried! May his soul rest in peace.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by onoja12: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Am laughing at you,are you not aware that tradition has its religion,out of me and you who is the olodo,can you serve the Gods of the land offer sacrifice to them,do all traditional rights and still claim to be a muslim,guy abeg you people should stop deceiving yourself, salve mentality,the arabs enslaved your fatherS, stole from them,and are still been wicked to your kind till this days and you are here claiming what you no nothing about,abeg go and listen to FELA

numericalguy:

You are a correct olodo
You can be a good Muslim and still be an Oba.

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by onoja12: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
Am not aware that the late ATTA OF IGALA was buried according to islamic rite,were did you get that from to the best of my knowledge he was buried according to traditional rite,don't spread false news.the word OBA in itself is traditional,and the word OBA means a traditional King not a muslim king,the only muslim KING in nigeria is the sultan of sokoto.And lastly am not a christian,i am a born traditionalist and i would die as one

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
Abeg what is 'Islamic' in performing solat on a king that died since last weekend? ....and who told u that the usual traditional rights hadn't been performed in the last 7days?...who are we fooling?
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

Why should an Obas body be taken to a mosque?? It is Oba and not Emir??
Ikorodu is no Muslim emirate where Yoruba traditions aren't regarded.
The Oba is a representative of the kingdom not Islam.
This is a direct insult to the throne and I urge the afobaje to strictly punish the late Oba by suspending his house from Obaship till further notice

His corpse was taken to a mosque because he his a muslim and religion doesn't forbids anyone from being an Oba/King.

Also he his a king of 'religious sect' (Islam, Christianity and Traditionalist). Not for traditionalist alone.

And likewise Ikorodu is not a traditional empire, is it?

If you can't dispute all that I've written above therefore, your last statement regarding punishment has no basis.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

Why should an Obas body be taken to a mosque?? It is Oba and not Emir??
Ikorodu is no Muslim emirate where Yoruba traditions aren't regarded.
The Oba is a representative of the kingdom not Islam.
This is a direct insult to the throne and I urge the afobaje to strictly punish the late Oba by suspending his house from Obaship till further notice

His corpse was taken to a mosque because he his a muslim and religion doesn't forbids anyone from being an Oba/King.

Also he his a king of 'religious sect' (Islam, Christianity and Traditionalist). Not for traditionalist alone.

If you can't dispute all that I've written above therefore, your last statement regarding punishment has no basis.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
amodu:

you are only a waste of time..read up my previous posts and stop trying to waste my time

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
RESPONSE TO ALL CRITICISM

The Salat was performed on him because he his a muslim by virtue of practice as he completed the 5 pillars of Islam to the best of his ability.

The hitch free
history that was recorded on that day which I don't think
have
ever occurred anywhere in yoruba land won't have been
possible without Allah and the matured role played by the Chief Imam Jamiu,
HE. Shaykh Yahya O. Oshoala As-Samadaani which makes the
Olosugbos not to putting up a
fight. Do you all think Rome was built in a day? It can't be
done at once.

And mind you even if the solat wasn't
observed on him while the pagans performed their ritual
rites on him, Allah will raise him up as a muslim and
reward him as a muslim; and if an unbeliever dies and buried
according to Islamic rites, that doesn't stop Allah from
raising him as a dis-believer and rewarding him
accordingly.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
^^I thought disbelievers were reserved for the pitts of hell
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

Being a Yoruba king is simply that "BEING A YORUBA KING"
Now who is a Yoruba king?
A position tagged "Oba" another name attached to this position is "Igbakeji Orisha"
Second to the Gods, not second to Allah.

Allah has no business in Yoruba matters, he doesn't exist in our culture because we don't know him here. If a man is a Muslim he can't be the representative of the Yoruba culture and traditions.
He is a propagator of Arab principles.

A Yoruba king is the representative of the ancestors.
Our ancestors weren't muslims, they were pagans.

So if the man can't kill his belief in Arab deities he should probably go to Saudi Arabia to be Emir

We had better not have an Oba than one that brings shame upon the Obaship system

I didn't see this before....

Gone are those days; days of darkness; when they all worship idols.

Islam have arrived
Christianity have also

Do the Oba rule over the traditionalist alone?
Is yoruba land now occupied by traditionalist alone?

Co-existence with other religious believers is mandatory as they are also true off-spring of Yoruba land and for the fact that they accepted reality of belief and worship (worshiping the true God) doesn't mean they should be deprived their entitlement.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
amodu:

Islam have arrived
Christianity have also

Co-existence with other religious believers is mandatory as they are also true off-spring of Yoruba land and for the fact that they accepted reality of belief and worship (worshiping the true God) doesn't mean they should be deprived their entitlement.

You are deluded. The Yoruba Empires were at its peak in pre-colonial times.

And no one worships idols . The Gods are worshiped through material representation (idols). The worship is directed to the SPiritual Forces (The Gods).

The Kingship is reserved for Traditionalists alone. Yoruba Kingship requires the fulfillment of Ritual roles to the Gods.

and stop deluding yourself. Ifa Orisha is spreading everywhere across the world while you are still stuck in colonial mentality.

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
amodu:

Islam have arrived
Christianity have also

grin because you have stupidly stated the bold I leave u to ur delusions and utter ignorance

I am tired of constantly trying to impact knowledge on senseless sons of slaves like u all around who know nothing about their ancestral spirituality, culture and traditions

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by gunuvi(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
amodu:

Islam have arrived
Christianity have also

You mean cos of coexistence Islam a foreign borrowed and uncertain religion like Christianity et all should overshadow your Gods given religion in your part of the world?

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by cosade(m): 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Nice right up.

@ bolded, that is foolish. Why would you want to worship a dead corpse over the Orisha (Spiritual Force).

Check out threads by macof, FOLYKASE,etc ., to learn more about Ifa Orisha.

Which is foolish?

That I chose to be a Christian and not be involved in traditional religion practices?

A Yoruba man knows what the Obaship entails and has the liberty to decides if he wants to be part of it or not. I however found it offensive for people to want to eat their cake and still have it. If any Christian or Moslem would want to be an Oba then he should not pretend he does not belong to the traditional religion. One major function he has to perform is to give his blessing for traditional religionist (I hate the word Pagan, these people traditional religionist) to carry out their activities such as Oro festival. How does a born again Christian give his blessing for Oro masquerades to come out except he is a pretender.

By the way, you need to learn more on how to discuss in the public, using such words as "foolish" in public discourses is not portraying you as a gentleman.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by tundeism: 10:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

Which is why I blame the afobaje chiefs for letting this sacrilege.
They have all insulted our ancestors who established Obaship

This is a form of promoting Islam with the obaship powers being one to promote strictly Yoruba values as mandated by our forefathers.
Nothing concerns an Oba with Islam
you ar very right but I feel dey allowed this because of the examplary life he lived cos under his reign Ikorodu witness a monumental development and he was not engaged in tins other Obas do, like collecting money from the market woman, snatching peopls land, collecting money from people b4 dey build der houses etc, so it was difficult for dem not to obey the wish of the Great Man...
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
macof:
grin because you have stupidly stated the bold I leave u to ur delusions and utter ignorance
I am tired of constantly trying to impact knowledge on senseless sons of slaves like u all around who know nothing about their ancestral spirituality, culture and traditions
PAGAN9JA:
You are deluded. The Yoruba Empires were at its peak in pre-colonial times.
And no one worships idols . The Gods are worshiped through material representation (idols). The worship is directed to the SPiritual Forces (The Gods).
The Kingship is reserved for Traditionalists alone. Yoruba Kingship requires the fulfillment of Ritual roles to the Gods.
and stop deluding yourself. Ifa Orisha is spreading everywhere across the world while you are still stuck in colonial mentality.

What the both of you have just done speaks volume about you.

We are on this platform to educate ourselves and exchange opinions which will definitely differ.

Our discussion doesn't warrant abuse. I never abuse you, why do you have to?

If you can't cope with the argument why not just ignore.

I demand an apology from you both.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
gunuvi:
You mean cos of coexistence Islam a foreign borrowed and uncertain religion like Christianity et all should overshadow your Gods given religion in your part of the world?

I never said so but note that "efo o kin le efo lawo".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslims And Egungun Masquerade Clash In Osogbo (Video) / Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.