Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,094 members, 7,957,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King (31700 Views)

Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
caseless: u are misleading the general public with this unfounded history. So, jukun that river was poisoned for dis water they drank and they died, and u ar telling me igala won d war with help of hausa? It was only ameh oboni(evn thou he later changed to a traditionalist like his son did) and Aliyu obaje, i can't recall any attah with affiliation to any known religion apart from trad religion and, u gave as much as 21 of them having link to islam.
caseless it is good u hv an open mind. First and foremost. The kingdom of igalaland was under the jukun dynasty in the late 14th century, when Attah Ayegba assended the throne he refused to pay tribute to the jukuns rather he sent then a package of human faeces as tribute rather. As disobiedience to his superior king, the jukuns prepared for war to bring him out of the throne and probably kill him. Knowing the threat facing his kingdom, he immediately sent for the six mallam warriors in begaji to assist him fight the war. The begaji mallams were known for thier unorthodox and mischievous ways of combat, knowing they will succed in favour of the attah they came with the messenger to idah. On getting to idah, they made a lot of consultations and they told the Attah if he has to win the war he will allow them to poison the river along inachalo in idah, which they did and that was how the jukun warriors drank fron the river and all died there. Since that time, the Attah Igala has accepted thier religion which is islam and an Apochi is assigned from the Angwa clan(a clan of the six mallams whom the Attah gave license to settle in the land and marry thier women to live there) to always pray for the attah. Thats y till today there is a mosque built in the palace. If u want to kmow more u can read the history of igala land by J. Boston 1968 or for valid and practical history digging u can come to the palace at idah and i will take u round Igala land providing that u come with a car to tour with and i will tutor u on the history, culture, traditions and way of life of the Igala people. So that was how islam found its way to igalakigdom. Thank u all
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by gunuvi(m): 11:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
amodu:

I never said so but note that "efo o kin le efo lawo".
I respect your response so far on this thread. I really wish everyone can emulate this on nl
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
cosade:

Which is foolish?

That I chose to be a Christian and not be involved in traditional religion practices?

Yes.

A Yoruba man knows what the Obaship entails and has the liberty to decides if he wants to be part of it or not. I however found it offensive for people to want to eat their cake and still have it. If any Christian or Moslem would want to be an Oba then he should not pretend he does not belong to the traditional religion. One major function he has to perform is to give his blessing for traditional religionist (I hate the word Pagan, these people traditional religionist) to carry out their activities such as Oro festival. How does a born again Christian give his blessing for Oro masquerades to come out except he is a pretender.

A Yoruba man is not supposed to be following middle-eastern doctrines in the first place.

By the way, you need to learn more on how to discuss in the public, using such words as "foolish" in public discourses is not portraying you as a gentleman.

Im not a gentleman.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by maclatunji: 12:52am On Aug 10, 2014
Imagiine what the comments would have been if the thread's tite had read: "Oba of Ikorodu gets Christian Burial".
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by netotse(m): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2014
maclatunji: Imagiine what the comments would have been if the thread's tite had read: "Oba of Ikorodu gets Christian Burial".
care to expatiate?
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 10:09am On Aug 10, 2014
gunuvi:
I respect your response so far on this thread. I really wish everyone can emulate this on nl

Thank you very much bro
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2014
amodu:

What the both of you have just done speaks volume about you.

We are on this platform to educate ourselves and exchange opinions which will definitely differ.

Our discussion doesn't warrant abuse. I never abuse you, why do you have to?

If you can't cope with the argument why not just ignore.

I demand an apology from you both.

Did u read ur posts??
U insulted me first with these

Gone are those days; days of darkness;
when they all worship idols.
Islam have arrived
Christianity have also

the fact that they accepted reality of
belief and worship (worshiping the true
God)
This is maximum insult on me, all Yoruba pagans and our ancestors.
I wouldn't say you insult the Gods, because the same gods you insult you appease in one way or the other in ur everyday life without even knowing.

But you have tagged my ancestors as evil men worshiping false God while it is ur Arab masters like Mohammed that are good men worshiping true God right??
Why should I respect a person who is already a slave at mind and soul?

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 10:20am On Aug 10, 2014
maclatunji: Imagiine what the comments would have been if the thread's tite had read: "Oba of Ikorodu gets Christian Burial".

The same comments here against Islamic rites on an Oba would have been directed to Christian burial rites.
Both religions have no place in Obaship system

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 10:50am On Aug 10, 2014
macof:

Did u read ur posts??
U insulted me first with these

This is maximum insult on me, all Yoruba pagans and our ancestors.
I wouldn't say you insult the Gods, because the same gods you insult you appease in one way or the other in ur everyday life without even knowing.

But you have tagged my ancestors as evil men worshiping false God while it is ur Arab masters like Mohammed that are good men worshiping true God right??
Why should I respect a person who is already a slave at mind and soul?

Pele o lobi o lako, pelepele la n pamukuru pele.

If I have utter those statements that infuriates and bring dis-repute to your religious belief due to my own religious belief, you should have corrected me in a polite and mature manner just like the Chief Imam did with your colleagues without any rancour rather than attacking my personality abusively.

So I still stand on my demanded apology.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:33am On Aug 10, 2014
amodu:

If I have utter those statements that infuriates and bring dis-repute to your religious belief due to my own religious belief, you should have corrected me in a polite and mature manner just like the Chief Imam did with your colleagues without any rancour rather than attacking my personality abusively.

You will not get any until you change your mentality and stop creating trouble.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
amodu:

I am not religious, I don't have religious beliefs. I am simply Yoruba
You insulted the Yoruba with your comments
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by sashash(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
Olucheye: This Is An Insult On What The Stool Of An OBA Stands For In Yoruba Land....

Now If The Traditionalist Go Revolting Now, The Muslims Will Go Trigger Happy In The Name Of Jihad....

If The Family Won't Release The Body For The Rite, They Should Be Expunged From The Ruling Family List Then..#mySubmission
i second this motion...he is a king for all...his ruling house should suffer for this sacriledge

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
BISMILLAH AR-RAHMAN AR-RAHEEM

BEING THE TEXT OF LECTURE DELIVERED
BEFORE SOLATU JANAZA ON HRM OBA (DR)
SHAYKH SALAUDEEN AFOLABI ADEKOYA
OYEFUSI CON OGUNTADE II AYANGBUREN OF
IKORODU BY HE. SHAYKH YAHYA
OLORUNOSHEBI OSHOALA AJAGBEMOKEFERI
AS-SAMADAANI (RTA) CHIEF IMAM JAMIU
ORIWU CENTRAL MOSQUE IKORODU DIVISION.

From Allah we all came and to Him we are going
back.

Every wealthy and poor must die.

All professors, icons of knowledge and the ignorant
must die.

Both lucky and unlucky ones shall die

All kings, rulers and people in authority and their
subjects shall definitely die.

The demise of our amiable King HRM OBA (DR)
ALHAJI SALAUDEEN AFOLABI ADEKOYA
OYEFUSI CON OGUNTADE II AYANGBUREN OF
IKORODU; SHEEHU is no surprise.

Sage Obafemi Awolowo said “It is not the life that
matters but the courage you bring into it”.

All on earth shall vanish except the sovereignty of
Allah (SWT) who dies not nor slumber.

He is the
Ever-Living and Ever-Present and All Powerful.
OUR SECOND TO NONE KING HAS COME,
FOUGHT, WON AND GONE.

He is the one who created death and life that He may
try which of you is best in deeds. In all ramifications,
in all spheres of life, in all situations and conditions,
rain or shine, hot or cold, in trials and pleasures,
without any iota of doubt Kabiyesi excelled, he
conquered without any regret, he was never caught
unaware. He was blessed with unshakable Olori who
stood firmly behind him all the time. So also he was
blessed with brilliant and understanding children.

His concern for the population explosion of Muslims
at the early stage of his reign in Ikorodu metropolis
and his crave for peace to reign in his domain, HE
ESTABLISHED ORIWU CENTRAL MOSQUE IN
WHICH WE ARE NOW TO CO-CATER FOR
ISLAMIC NEEDS OF THE MANY MUSLIMS
ADHERENTS.

He laid the foundation; saw it through to this present
stage with all he was blessed with. Could you believe
he was nicknamed “Oba Onibara” by his distracters
for going about seeking for donations towards the
completion of the mosque?

To our knowledge and belief, he was a Muslim to the
core. This manifested in his pronouncements,
dispositions and teachings.

He was an epitome of Godly rulership, justice,
humility, patriotism, hardwork, sincere love and
above all God-fearing.

Baba-N-Sheehu was an elegant and brave leader, a
pool of wisdom and a highly understanding father to
all.

He has left a legacy very hard to surpass and a
vacuum which we pray to be filled by Allah Himself.

Our Holy prophet Muhammad (SAW) told us in his
teachings when a man dies all sources of Ibadah from
which he his blessed shall cut off except from three
(3) areas:

1. What he did which people benefit from
2. His knowledge which benefits others
3. And a good child who prays for him after his
demise

All these you have left behind

Oh ye righteous soul
In complete rest and satisfaction

Go thou to thy Lord
Well pleased and well pleasing unto Him

Enter thou among devotees of Allah
Enter thou into blissful Heaven of Allah

In joy very close to Allah that sent you
Since you sincerely delivered

May Allah wipe off our tears and make this domain
of yours your dream and servitude come true forever

To us all, an Islamic poet said:

Man shall always become a subject of history. Strive
to become a good one.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by smada13(m): 5:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
aitanofi: omo imota ayayo, AIT says 'Hi'

I sight u bro.....
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Mustapha111888(m): 10:56am On Sep 20, 2014
Edmanpumpin:
YOU are VERY WRONG . Emir means leader/head and is associated with Arabs. The nothern fulani emirates adopted the emirate system due to d Islamic JIHAD while OUR OBA'S are representatives of YORUBA gods on earth. Alase igbakeji orisa. Dont mis-inform folks out here.
Structurally, they perform equal function
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by orikz(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2015
i pity some pple on this thread cus...... can ur fada b a king nd died on the throne during his reign nd u know he's very religious, he never ate their (oro or osugbon) meat nd yet u expected im to be buried by oro cultist?
he never followed them to oko- woro whereas he do comes to eid every year.
he built mosque in his house.
is such person not a muslim?
try to understand.. tinx are changing for gud!! worship idols is a great sins (al-shiruk).

if i can ask those dat have commented earlier abt.there relegion, the answer will islam nd christianity..
why cant we be realistic? dnt let us be religious be name, but rather practice nd preach to the lost soul.

bro taofeek i sight u!!

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
orikz:
i pity some pple on this thread cus...... can ur fada b a king nd died on the throne during his reign nd u know he's very religious, he never ate their (oro or osugbon) meat nd yet u expected im to be buried by oro cultist?
he never followed them to oko- woro whereas he do comes to eid every year.
he built mosque in his house.
is such person not a muslim?
try to understand.. tinx are changing for gud!! worship idols is a great sins (al-shiruk).

if i can ask those dat have commented earlier abt.there relegion, the answer will islam nd christianity..
why cant we be realistic? dnt let us be religious be name, but rather practice nd preach to the lost soul.

bro taofeek i sight u!!

Well said aburo

So you also frequent here?
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by orikz(m): 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
amodu:

Well said aburo
So you also frequent here?
we dey ooo!! we dey rugged am for here too o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife And 3rd Wife, Olori Tobi Welcome Twins / Whiteman Given Chieftaincy Title By Igwe Nnewi (Photos) / Ezeuzu Awka Officially Opens His New Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.