Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,100 members, 7,953,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus (3084 Views)

Ogun Pastor Turns Bottled-Water To Wine Inside Church (Video) / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus / Churches Raise Prayer Warriors Against Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by ambrosini593(m): 5:57am On Aug 08, 2014
I just received two calls now that I should put salt on water to bath before going out against ebola virus. Please do the same you may never can tell. Mod front page pls
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Candour(m): 6:05am On Aug 08, 2014
ambrosini593: I just received two calls now that I should put salt on water to bath before going out against ebola virus. Please do the same you may never can tell. Mod front page pls

I want to hazard a guess that call came from Benin city? My colleague and I just got separate calls from relatives in benin advising salt therapy too. How come all the advisories on Ebola in the public domain say nothing about this? I even asked my relative if the info came from a doctor or a shaman.

Pls let's be sure before setting folks into a state of paranoia.
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by homesteady(m): 6:07am On Aug 08, 2014
This stuff is serious oh! It is really spreading like wildfire! I wonder who formed it!
My Mother just woke my siblings and I to perform this 'abolution'. That My father who travelled to our village in Edo state called her and told her and her sisters in kaduna also called her and told her to do so!

Like seriously, this is like a whatsapp/BBM broadcast message(BC), but this time around, people are really doing it! I'm about to do it sef, because if I talk now, it'll be as if I'm an atheist!
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by lordspiritual(m): 6:12am On Aug 08, 2014
undecided
why salt?
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by homesteady(m): 6:18am On Aug 08, 2014
I wonder how this will stop anybody from getting ebola! Mtcheew!
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Amyezem(f): 6:22am On Aug 08, 2014
I receive the same call too .
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by homesteady(m): 6:27am On Aug 08, 2014
Candour:

I want to hazard a guess that call came from Benin city? My colleague and I just got separate calls from relatives in benin advising salt therapy too. How come all the advisories on Ebola in the public domain say nothing about this? I even asked my relative if the info came from a doctor or a shaman.

Pls let's be sure before setting folks into a state of paranoia.
@bolded - that's because it has no medical backing! Its just thrash! Even if a person take his bathe with all the salt in this world, and he comes in contact with an ebola patient, he will still get infected!

2 Likes

Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by NosaHenry(m): 6:31am On Aug 08, 2014
Thank God there is something spreading faster than Ebola, at least this message is one. People are ready to eat or drink anything. Please where is my SALT!!!
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by bunburized(f): 6:35am On Aug 08, 2014
Nigeria is finished. They should close down all our universities because even with our 'education' some people still behave like dummies. No wonder so called Pastors are busy feeding fat from people's ignorance.
Please stop asking ignorant questions. Salt and water won't help you. Do a little research and advice anyone who calls you with such news that it is dumb.
Salt ni, water ko.

4 Likes

Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Donpeak(f): 6:38am On Aug 08, 2014
I'd be back after d ritual...
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Donpeak(f): 6:42am On Aug 08, 2014
bunburized: Nigeria is finished. They should close down all our universities because even with our 'education' some people still behave like dummies. No wonder so called Pastors are busy feeding fat from people's ignorance.
Please stop asking ignorant questions. Salt and water won't help you. Do a little research and advice anyone who calls you with such news that it is dumb.
Salt ni, water ko.

Hmm..."there is God o"
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by JonesK: 6:49am On Aug 08, 2014
Donpeak:

hey! salt contains chlorine which has been confirmed 2 kill d virus...keep asking for proof o,

And your drinking it means that the chlorine will spread through your bloodstream and lie in wait for any trace of ebola to kill it right? Ridiculous stuff.

1 Like

Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 08, 2014
It is a spiritual exercise and has no physical inclination whatsoever. Forget salt and its composition and water too, they are just the earthly things we need to do it.
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by sylve11: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2014
U can as well use salt to bath before faccking any girl without using condom.grin..... But, hey, it cud be a spiritual stuff, who knows. cool
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Adaodogwu(f): 6:55am On Aug 08, 2014
Lol. My mum has bn in the kitchen since 6am boiling water for everybody. She has even locked our gate its either you do the "absolution" or you remain at home til God knows when. Me i no fit shout na bathroom straight cos i get an important appointment today. Ebola ko bola ni.
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Gemc3(f): 6:57am On Aug 08, 2014
I got a call to do the exact same thing. I do not know what to make of it
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by bunburized(f): 7:05am On Aug 08, 2014
Donpeak:

hey! salt contains chlorine which has been confirmed 2 kill d virus...keep asking for proof o,
Very funny. Why not Dettol, Izal and the other antiseptics?
A proper bath with any of the antiseptic soap and a little drop of antiseptic in water is all that is needed. The rumour flying around is linking the salt and water bath to some kind of spiritual/religious act.
I am not a zombie, I asked questions and do my research. Salt and water solution won't help you at all. Take a bath with it and the only thing you have ended up doing is making mockery of the education you have had all your life.
If a simple salt and water bath can prevent the spread of Ebola I am sure you would have heard it from an official and verifiable source by now and not bbm broadcast nor early morning calls from a friend or love one who is probably acting on fear. You should be educating them not fueling their fear. This is the same tactics religious leaders use to control their gullible followers.
Preach fear and they will be hooked. Please a simple washing of your hands with water and a normal water bath will be enough as long as you do not purposely expose yourself to someone whose case is obvious. A salt and water bath is an overkill. It is a joke taken too far and the laughable part of it now is that some people are even hinting on a religiously undertone (one said it was TB Joshua that said it) to it. A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by bunburized(f): 7:08am On Aug 08, 2014
Donpeak:

If you have graduated please burn your certificate. There are some statements that only expose your ignorance and this is one.

3 Likes

Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by AbuMikey(m): 7:09am On Aug 08, 2014
Its getting real
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by bunburized(f): 7:11am On Aug 08, 2014
JonesK:

And your drinking it means that the chlorine will spread through your bloodstream and lie in wait for any trace of ebola to kill it right? Ridiculous stuff.
Don't mind him. He is a good example of the reason the country is backward today. They are quick to believe anything negative and refuse to apply reason and logic to anything. A cursory evaluation of the information will show a discerning mind that it is at best laughable.
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Rilwayne001: 7:16am On Aug 08, 2014
Adaodogwu: Lol. My mum has bn in the kitchen since 6am boiling water for everybody. She has even locked our gate its either you do the "absolution" or you remain at home til God knows when. Me i no fit shout na bathroom straight cos i get an important appointment today. Ebola ko bola ni.

grin
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Rilwayne001: 7:19am On Aug 08, 2014
I was not left out in doing it...plus i recited some Quranic verses to it...

All is well sha
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Dannylux: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2014
If people fear God the way they fear Ebola virus to the extent of believing that salt solution would prevent them from contracting this dreaded virus, the world would have been a better place!
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by doyinmolah: 7:28am On Aug 08, 2014
Nigerians again with their superstitious belief. I could remember vividly January 6th or 7th 2011; the news about possible poisoning of the underground water by Boko Haram. Last year August was also the same with prophetic talk from the redemption camp to refrain people from wearing red clothes for that particular day. Africans with superstition. Na wa ooooooooooo
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by doyinmolah: 7:44am On Aug 08, 2014
The fear of ebola is the beginning of foolishness and wisdom.............. Choose one
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Danhumprey: 7:53am On Aug 08, 2014
homesteady: I wonder how this will stop anybody from getting ebola! Mtcheew!
And you wan still do am? grin
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Danhumprey: 7:56am On Aug 08, 2014
bunburized: Nigeria is finished. They should close down all our universities because even with our 'education' some people still behave like dummies. No wonder so called Pastors are busy feeding fat from people's ignorance.
Salt ni, water ko.
Abi o! Your head dey there!

Nigerians are just so gullible. Smh
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Danhumprey: 7:58am On Aug 08, 2014
Donpeak:

Confirmed? Na who confirm am?

Bro,don't be so guillible.
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 08, 2014
`See madness for my lodge this morning oh...
Them get one mad guy wey go pour the big satchet of Anapuna salt for just drinking water.
Now, what if the guy want bath, shey na one bag of salt him go use bath? undecided
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by homesteady(m): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2014
Danhumprey: And you wan still do am? grin

Wetin I go do? grin if I no bath with the water, another wahala go start! I no fit shout this morning grin

1 Like

Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by kasonud(m): 8:10am On Aug 08, 2014
pls do not be a victim,this is one of Satan's strategy to impose fear in people's mind and you know what follows..children of God read 1john 5:4-5, 1john:4-4 and rebuke evil and it's cohort. God bless you all
Re: Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus by dorox(m): 10:05am On Aug 08, 2014
Donpeak:

As some have already suggested you should burn your O'level certificate in chemistry if you have one. Your ignorance can only be pardoned if you did not do science in secondary school. I would hate to think you did it in university.
The chlorine atoms in salt are not free, they are fused in a type of bond known as ionic bond where the chlorine atom captures the lone electron in the outermost shell of the sodium atom to complete its shell. The resulting compound is more stable as a result of not having any surplus or deficit electron in their outermost shell.
In summary, chlorine is very reactive and quite hostile to DNA but chloride in salt is not.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist / Joseph Ayo Babalola : His Early Life, Ministry And Death* / Daily Questions To Ask Yourself Every Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.