Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist (2891 Views)

Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 11:52am On Apr 02, 2016
Perhaps many of you don't know this but Hitler was an atheist and he believed very much in the Big bang and evolution dud. One ideology that propelled his actions was that "The jews hadn't evolved properly and he had to apply natural selection to eliminate them lest they contaminate the German gene"
Now going to the evolution theory you will find out that his ideology was in place and according to the theory no one can really fault his actions. One can confidently say that this theory played a major role in the second world war because of Hitlers' stance on eliminating the weaker species. This same ideology was also shared by many whites during the slave trade era (even Charles Darwin was a racist).
My question is how would you feel if someone considers you a lower specie to other humans and goes ahead to treat you like a piece of junk with this theory backing his actions owing to the fact that you have also defended this same theory for the better part of your life?

I mean if Hitler and Darwin were alive today they would have thought less of you and likened you to a weaker specie based on this theory and here you are defending this same theory which is an obvious lie and unproven in every respect
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by BodyKiss(m): 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
Well, Hilter and Darwin are not alive anymore, I think you should be worried about your sky daddy. Given that he practiced same "natural selection" against the Egyptians, and the entire world with the Noah's ark sh! tt. He killed thousands of people, selected just mere 8 people and thousands of animals. It is obvious he thinks less of you over other "lower" animals.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hitler was an atheist
Darwin was a racist
How the Bleep does it concern me

It's like saying

Nnamdi Azikwe was a seccesionist(to the british)
Ojukwu was a secessionist

Hence, all Igbos are secessionists

That make sense to you

3 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
SirWere:
Hitler was an atheist

Darwin was a racist

How the Bleep does it concern me

It's like saying

Nnamdi Azikwe was a seccesionist(to the british)

Ojukwu was a secessionist

Hence, all Igbos are secessionists

That make sense to you
you don't get it do you?
Its not just about Hitler being atheist, its also about the theory that propelled him to act the way he did. You guys are defending a theory which belittles you as an individual and yet you guys turn around and say God is ur greatest problem
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 5:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
BodyKiss:
Well, Hilter and Darwin are not alive anymore, I think you should be worried about your sky daddy. Given that he practiced same "natural selection" against the Egyptians, and the entire world with the Noah's ark sh! tt. He killed thousands of people, selected just mere 8 people and thousands of animals. It is obvious he thinks less of you over other "lower" animals.
wow! God is always the one to blame isn't He? He seems to be your greatest problem
Even when the topic is about, hitler, darwin and evolution theory. Well He gave you the right to choose for yourself which path to follow and pointed out for you which is right and wrong.
I urge you to choose wisely
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
ElCount:
you don't get it do you?
Its not just about Hitler being atheist, its also about the theory that propelled him to act the way he did. You guys are defending a theory which belittles you as an individual and yet you guys turn around and say God is ur greatest problem

gringrincheesy

And you go and pick hitler, neglecting Bill Gates, Paine, and so many other humanist who have enriched the human race for good.

@the bolded, listen to yourself. Have you read about the cause(s) of the World War II from any reputable historian who attributed hitler's aggressive action to jews towards evolution??

Reveive sense, receive wisdom, enlighten your mind.

5 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
SirWere:

gringrincheesy

And you go and pick hitler, neglecting Bill Gates, Paine, and so many other humanist who have enriched the human race for good.

@the bolded, listen to yourself. Have you read about the cause(s) of the World War II from any reputable historian who attributed hitler's aggressive action to jews towards evolution??

Reveive sense, receive wisdom, enlighten your mind.
Typical. You bring up other examples without addressing the issue. Just because these guys are not behaving like hitler doesn't make hitlers' actions any less significant.
You are telling me to receive sense and playing the smart one well go and read up books and articles about hitler, the Nazis and evolution theory then receive your sense.
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Weah96: 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
ElCount:

Typical. You bring up other examples without addressing the issue. Just because these guys are not behaving like hitler doesn't make hitlers' actions any less significant.
You are telling me to receive sense and playing the smart one well go and read up books and articles about hitler, the Nazis and evolution theory then receive your sense.

Belt worn by Nazi soldiers under Hitler.

3 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
ElCount:

Typical. You bring up other examples without addressing the issue.
There is no issue to adress here. Hence my non adressing....
Just because these guys are not behaving like hitler doesn't make hitlers' actions any less significant.
If I said I understood anything you said above, I'd be deceiving you
The reason I speak like "the smart" one is because I hace actually read you about this things and so can confidently tell you that you're saying bullshit!!!

Again, go read a history textbook, and educate yourself.

I bet you'll cringe when what you posted before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Richirich713: 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hitler on evolution.

1 Share

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by SamjohnnyB(m): 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
WATCHING IN 2016HD SCREEN
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
SirWere:

There is no issue to adress here. Hence my non adressing....
If I said I understood anything you said above, I'd be deceiving you

The reason I speak like "the smart" one is because I hace actually read you about this things and so can confidently tell you that you're saying bullshit!!!

Again, go read a history textbook, and educate yourself.

I bet you'll cringe when what you posted before.
You know I could recommend a couple of books for you to read but you seem like the unteachable type, you claim to be smart yet you can't understand a simple sentence, just because you read a couple of books on world war II does not mean you read all the books on world war II. For someone to actually learn you need to be able to un-learn and re-learn and this seems to be the problem with folks today and obviously with you.
Not surprised though actually its very much expected because, if u should fault the evolution theory, the only other alternative will be the creationist view and that's the last viewpoint you want to accept
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Weah96: 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
ElCount:

Not surprised though actually its very much expected because, if u should fault the evolution theory, the only other alternative will be the creationist view and that's the last viewpoint you want to accept

False dichotomy.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 6:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
Weah96:

False dichotomy.
Really! How is that?
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
ElCount:

You know I could recommend a couple of books for you to read
Please do. Please please do. Mtchewww
but you seem like the unteachable type, you claim to be smart yet you can't understand a simple sentence,
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhagringringringringrin
You sir make me laugh
just because you read a couple of books on world war II does not mean you read all the books on world war II.
*sighs* A couple of books...... Dude, Tell me any book you see that contradicts my already stated above statement
For someone to actually learn you need to be able to un-learn and re-learn and this seems to be the problem with folks today [sand obviously with you.[/s]

I agree with the above. What a pity you say such profound things without applying such ptinviples personally.

Hahahahahhhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahhahaaa..........................
gringringringringringringringringringringringrin

You have a box. It is square in shape and a bit small. You hypothesized and finally came to the conclusion its a phone box.
And then someone comes round and says that all earlier hypothesis are wrong, that there is actually a laptop in that box.

Wouldn't you mock the sh!t out of the dude

2 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Weah96: 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
ElCount:
Really! How is that?

Evolution or creationism is a false dichotomy. I know atheists who cannot even spell evolution, let alone know what it is.

2 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Richirich713:
Hitler on evolution.
Yup hitler was a bastard. An arrogant bastard. But if you think all evolutionists share his view, well......

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Richirich713: 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
SirWere:
Yup hitler was a bastard. An arrogant bastard. But if you think all evolutionists share his view, well......

Well I don't think all evolutionists share his views.
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
Richirich713:

Well I don't think all evolutionists share his views.
Good, that and that alone was the only thing I took offence with.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
SirWere:

Please do. Please please do. Mtchewww

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhagringringringringrin
You sir make me laugh

*sighs* A couple of books...... Dude, Tell me any book you see that contradicts my already stated above statement

I agree with the above. What a pity you say such profound things without applying such ptinviples personally.

Hahahahahhhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahhahaaa..........................
gringringringringringringringringringringringrin

You have a box. It is square in shape and a bit small. You hypothesized and finally came to the conclusion its a phone box.
And then someone comes round and says that all earlier hypothesis are wrong, that there is actually a laptop in that box.

Wouldn't you mock the sh!t out of the dude
Funny you think you ever made any useful statement other than trying so hard to tell me how smart you are and how ignorant I am without even making any meaningful contribution to the topic. And now am supposed to find that in a book? Who can argue with such reasoning
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by McSterling(m): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
ElCount:
Perhaps many of you don't know this but Hitler was an atheist and he believed very much in the Big bang and evolution dud. One ideology that propelled his actions was that "The jews hadn't evolved properly and he had to apply natural selection to eliminate them lest they contaminate the German gene"
Now going to the evolution theory you will find out that his ideology was in place and according to the theory no one can really fault his actions. One can confidently say that this theory played a major role in the second world war because of Hitlers' stance on eliminating the weaker species. This same ideology was also shared by many whites during the slave trade era (even Charles Darwin was a racist).
My question is how would you feel if someone considers you a lower specie to other humans and goes ahead to treat you like a piece of junk with this theory backing his actions owing to the fact that you have also defended this same theory for the better part of your life?

I mean if Hitler and Darwin were alive today they would have thought less of you and likened you to a weaker specie based on this theory and here you are defending this same theory which is an obvious lie and unproven in every respect

Oga, Hitler wasn't an atheist. Even if he was, how does that affect the theory and fact of evolution? You want us to dismiss a theory for which there is an overwhelming body of evidence because one psychopath chose to use it to further his genocidal aims? Hitler also used the antisemitic writings of the reformer Martin Luther to justify his pogrom. Why don't you dismiss Luther and the reformation then?

Next time, do your homework well before coming here to spew drivel.

4 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
McSterling:

Oga, Hitler wasn't an atheist. Even if he was, how does that affect the theory and fact of evolution? You want us to dismiss a theory for which there is an overwhelming body of evidence because one psychopath chose to use it to further his genocidal aims? Hitler also used the antisemitic writings of the reformer Martin Luther to justify his pogrom. Why don't you dismiss Luther and the reformation then?

Next time, do your homework well before coming here to spew drivel.

Oga you go and do you homework, evolution has no evidence not to talk of overwhelming, you guys claim to know it all and are the smarter ones yet all ur arguments reeks of contradictions and fallacies, believe me if I begin to ask you questions on that theory you won't be able to answer one and will as usual resort to ad hominem. No make me pour the vex of my team wey loose match on you this night mtcheeeew!!!
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by McSterling(m): 11:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
ElCount:
Oga you go and do you homework, evolution has no evidence not to talk of overwhelming, you guys claim to know it all and are the smarter ones yet all ur arguments reeks of contradictions and fallacies, believe me if I begin to ask you questions on that theory you won't be able to answer one and will as usual resort to ad hominem. No make me pour the vex of my team wey loose match on you this night mtcheeeew!!!
You are pained, eh? Evolution has no evidence, yet it can be observed on a small scale in the lab. Why isn't Fleming's penicillin used to treat malaria today? Of course the causal organisms evolve new ways of combating the medicine, and thus there must be continued medical research in order to beat it. Evolution has no evidence and yet we observe layer upon layer of sedimentary rocks housing fossils in an increasing order of complexity from bottom to top. Never do you find a more complex fossil below a simpler one. NEVER! Evolution has no evidence and yet the genome of organisms derived from DNA sequencing tell us all organisms descended from a common ancestor and speciation only occurred as time passed. Evolution has no evidence and yet reputable scientists the world over believe in it. Evolution has no evidence and the Catholic Church acknowledges it. Evolution has no evidence and many believers who are also scientists believe in it and have sought ways to reconcile it with scripture. Evolution has no evidence and Christian apologists argue that god directed the entire process of evolution.

But really, why should I take you seriously? With the internet and all the information at your finger tips, you have wilfully chosen to wallow in ignorance. In the 21st century, you say something as vacuous as, "there is no evidence for evolution". It is your prerogative though. You know nothing, John Snow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2016
McSterling:
You are pained, eh? Evolution has no evidence, yet it can be observed on a small scale in the lab. Why isn't Fleming's penicillin used to treat malaria today? Of course the causal organisms evolve new ways of combating the medicine, and thus there must be continued medical research in order to beat it. Evolution has no evidence and yet we observe layer upon layer of sedimentary rocks housing fossils in an increasing order of complexity from bottom to top. Never do you find a more complex fossil below a simpler one. NEVER! Evolution has no evidence and yet the genome of organisms derived from DNA sequencing tell us all organisms descended from a common ancestor and speciation only occurred as time passed. Evolution has no evidence and yet reputable scientists the world over believe in it. Evolution has no evidence and the Catholic Church acknowledges it. Evolution has no evidence and many believers who are also scientists believe in it and have sought ways to reconcile it with scripture. Evolution have no evidence and Christian apologists argue that god directed the entire process of evolution.

But really, why should I take you seriously? With the internet and all the information at your finger tips, you have wilfully chosen to wallow in ignorance. In the 21st century, you say something as vacuous as, "there is no evidence for evolution". It is your prerogative though. You know nothing, John Snow.
first of all whatever evidence you think you are observing in the lab is micro-evolution no one has any qualms with that fact, it is true and observable the evolution attached to it is just meant for deception to deceive gullible minds like yours because when they attach the time factor that's when they tell you macro-evolution will occur which till today has no proof whatsoever.

Secondly, the layer of sedimentary rocks you are talking about alongside the fossils is the geologic column. For your information that was assembled artificially by geologist and even at that its still not complete, you will think someone who claimed to be enlightened as you do would know that, I am not going to go deep into that but I will just ask you:
How did you know for sure that the Jurassic rock layer for instance is 70million years old, how did they arrive at that figure?
and how come in the geologic column if it was actually formed over millions and billions of years as they claim, how come there are no traces of erosion, don't you think the rain would have left some marks? Learn to ask the right questions.
I don't know what you mean by more complex fossils I personally don't believe in that. the Trilobite is considered an index fossil by the evolutionist and very ancient, how is it that such an ancient organism ended up with one of the most sophisticated eyes ever known? Perhaps you didn't know about that

Thirdly, DNA sequencing doesn't tell you anything about ancestors that's one atrocious logic common with evolutionists. The Niger bridge and the third mainland bridge are both made of iron, therefore the Niger bridge is an ancestor of the third mainland bridge that's how ridiculous you guys sound.
If DNA sequencing should tell you anything its the fact that "a common designer is involved who decided to use thesame sequence".

Scientist can believe whatever they want they are the ones coming up with the theories to avoid the God question so if they don't believe their theory who will.

The Catholic church believes in micro-evolution which is a proven truth.

Finally, take your own advice, the internet and all informations are at your fingertips make good use of them and stop paddling a boat in ignorance. Ask the right questions. You guys are the ones to always claim to be smart and enlightened but when you start talking ignorance starts oozing out of all your orifices.

Meanwhile below is a picture of a trilobite ur index fossil, and yes thats a human foot, apparently "millions of year ago" humans existed side by side with these trilobites

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ValentineMary(m): 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dude be sure of ur facts well. Hitler was a catholic who attended mass daily. He even once attempted to be a catholic monk. And he did not kill the jews because of evolution rather because of some bibilical prophecy that made a point of Jews being d choose people. But he would not accept that because he wanted to take over all of Europe. So he began to exterminate the jews.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by onetrack(m): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
White Christians used the story of Ham in the Bible to justify enslavement of Africans. So what should I think about the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by CoolUsername: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
ElCount:

first of all whatever evidence you think you are observing in the lab is micro-evolution no one has any qualms with that fact, it is true and observable the evolution attached to it is just meant for deception to deceive gullible minds like yours because when they attach the time factor that's when they tell you macro-evolution will occur which till today has no proof whatsoever.

Secondly, the layer of sedimentary rocks you are talking about alongside the fossils is the geologic column. For your information that was assembled artificially by geologist and even at that its still not complete, you will think someone who claimed to be enlightened as you do would know that, I am not going to go deep into that but I will just ask you:
How did you know for sure that the Jurassic rock layer for instance is 70million years old, how did they arrive at that figure?
and how come in the geologic column if it was actually formed over millions and billions of years as they claim, how come there are no traces of erosion, don't you think the rain would have left some marks? Learn to ask the right questions.
I don't know what you mean by more complex fossils I personally don't believe in that. the Trilobite is considered an index fossil by the evolutionist and very ancient, how is it that such an ancient organism ended up with one of the most sophisticated eyes ever known? Perhaps you didn't know about that

Thirdly, DNA sequencing doesn't tell you anything about ancestors that's one atrocious logic common with evolutionists. The Niger bridge and the third mainland bridge are both made of iron, therefore the Niger bridge is an ancestor of the third mainland bridge that's how ridiculous you guys sound.
If DNA sequencing should tell you anything its the fact that "a common designer is involved who decided to use thesame sequence".

Scientist can believe whatever they want they are the ones coming up with the theories to avoid the God question so if they don't believe their theory who will.

Finally, take your own advice, the internet and all informations are at your fingertips make good use of them and stop paddling a boat in ignorance. Ask the right questions. You guys are the ones to always claim to be smart and enlightened but when you start talking ignorance starts oozing out of all your orifices.

Meanwhile below is a picture of a trilobite ur index fossil, and yes thats a human foot, apparently "millions of year ago" humans existed side by side with these trilobites

Firstly, that foot print is most definitely a [url=paleo.cc/paluxy/meister.htm]hoax[/url].

Secondly, micro-evolution is the go-to term for creationists for any observed evolutionary change. Unfortunately, they have failed to define a boundary between what we call 'micro' and 'macro' evolution, therefore every single evolutionary change observed in the lab or in nature is shoe-horned into micro-evolution. This is not honest science. Micro-evolutin is just evolution. They put the successive additive mutation of E.coli to absorb citrates in certain conditions as micro-evolution, they put the 3-decade change of Podarcis sicula from insectivore to herbivore after a change of environment as micro-evolution. So what are the defined limits of micro-evolution sir?

1. The geologic column is gotten by dating different igneous rock material present in each sediment.
2. Traces of erosion are not found in deep rock after years of compaction. But on the other hand, if there was a global flood (that some peple believe in) there should be traces of erosion. So why aren't they there?
3. Trilobite eyes were pretty, compound eyes like arthropods. I don't know about 'most sophisticated ever known'. The closest living analog we have today is the horseshoe crab. Shows a trend to me.

Once again we have another atrocious assertion here. DNA sequencing is used for paternity tests, but for some reason it doesn't show ancestral ties when it comes to evolution, right?

Use the internet, and don't only read Christian apologetics sites.

2 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by stainlex(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
Op, you seem parochial. Try and be objective while trying to answer your own questions. You're only ridiculing yourself by being 'stubborn'. Learn to learn and unlearn (practice what you preach). You really need to be objective.

2 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by McSterling(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
ElCount:

So, your brain doesn't tell you that in the long term, these little changes will sum up into a large one? Simple mathematics: If we continue adding a small decimal like 0.00000001 to say 2, it will gradually approach 2.1. There's an adage which I'm sure you know: little drops of water make a mighty ocean.

I don't know what you mean by artificially. Do you think geologic columns are inferred without evidence? Nature has already done the assembling. All we have to do is observe and infer. It is from these observable strata that we make inferences about geologic columns and section geologic time into Eons, Eras, Periods and Epochs. Ever heard of the
Grand Canyon? The ages of these layers and the fossils found in them are estimated from radiometric dating, I'm sure you know. They aren't precise values as they come with error margins, but they do give us an estimate which cannot be too far from the exact value. For example, carbon dating has been observed to correlate with historically dated documents.

There is a phenomenon geologists call "unconformity". It is a break or hiatus in the deposition of rocks. Sometimes this hiatus is marked by an erosional surface, sometimes it isn't, depending on the rapidity and mode of deposition. So, actually there are traces of erosion in layered rocks.

By complexity I mean the level of organism development or sophistication. You find less sophisticated organisms like
trilobites in lower layers, and more sophisticated ones like mammals in upper layers which correspond to later times in the geologic time scale. If trilobite's aren't ancient, why are they found several layers below in the Paleozoic Era while hominid fossils occur many layers above in the Quaternary? Why the huge gap?

The bolded is blarney. Are bridges or iron organic? Have you observed bridges begetting young ones. Very crude and vacuous analogy there. Assuming a designer only raises an infinite regress of questions. A designer who is outside the universe is beyond the scope of science. For that designer to be within the scope of science, it would have to be testable or observable. Since this isn't the case, it becomes non germane to our purposes. Occam's razor mandates that we cut it out. Science leaves that to metaphysics.

The Catholic Church doesn't distinguish between macro or micro evolution. Here is what they say:

[b]Concerning biological evolution, the Church does not have an
official position on whether various life forms developed over
the course of time. However, it says that, if they did develop,
then they did so under the impetus and guidance of God, and
their ultimate creation must be ascribed to him.
Concerning human evolution, the Church has a more definite
teaching. It allows for the possibility that
man’s body developed from previous biological forms, under
God’s guidance, but it insists on the special creation of
his soul. Pope Pius XII declared that "the teaching authority of
the Church does not forbid that, in conformity with the present
state of human sciences and sacred theology, research and
discussions . . . take place with regard to the doctrine of
evolution, in as far as it inquires into the origin of the human
body as coming from pre-existent and living matter—[but] the
Catholic faith obliges us to hold that souls are immediately
created by God" (Pius XII, Humani Generis 36). So whether the
human body was specially created or developed, we are
required to hold as a matter of Catholic faith that the human
soul is specially created; it did not evolve, and it is not
inherited from our parents, as our bodies are.
While the Church permits belief in either special creation or
developmental creation on certain questions, it in no
circumstances permits belief in atheistic evolution. [/b]

You'd notice the definite position on "human evolution". I suppose that is what you'll call "macroevolution".

Finally, take your own advice, the internet and all informations are at your fingertips make good use of them and stop paddling a boat in ignorance. Ask the right questions. You guys are the ones to always claim to be smart and enlightened but when you start talking ignorance starts oozing out of all your orifices

Calm down. Why the constant allusion to atheists claiming to be smarter? Do you feel intimidated by atheists?

3 Likes

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by McSterling(m): 2:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
ElCount:

http://ncse.com/cej/2/4/tripping-over-trilobite-study-meister-tracks
Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
McSterling:

So, your brain doesn't tell you that in the long term, these little changes will sum up into a large one? Simple mathematics: If we continue adding a small decimal like 0.00000001 to say 2, it will gradually approach 2.1. There's an adage which I'm sure you know: little drops of water make a mighty ocean.

I don't know what you mean by artificially. Do you think geologic columns are inferred without evidence? Nature has already done the assembling. All we have to do is observe and infer. It is from these observable strata that we make inferences about geologic columns and section geologic time into Eons, Eras, Periods and Epochs. Ever heard of the
Grand Canyon? The ages of these layers and the fossils found in them are estimated from radiometric dating, I'm sure you know. They aren't precise values as they come with error margins, but they do give us an estimate which cannot be too far from the exact value. For example, carbon dating has been observed to correlate with historically dated documents.

There is a phenomenon geologists call "unconformity". It is a break or hiatus in the deposition of rocks. Sometimes this hiatus is marked by an erosional surface, sometimes it isn't, depending on the rapidity and mode of deposition. So, actually there are traces of erosion in layered rocks.
By complexity I mean the level of organism development or sophistication. You find less sophisticated organisms like
trilobites in lower layers, and more sophisticated ones like mammals in upper layers which correspond to later times in the geologic time scale. If trilobite's aren't ancient, why are they found several layers below in the Paleozoic Era while hominid fossils occur many layers above in the Quaternary? Why the huge gap?
The bolded is blarney. Are bridges or iron organic? Have you observed bridges begetting young ones. Very crude and vacuous analogy there. Assuming a designer only raises an infinite regress of questions. A designer who is outside the universe is beyond the scope of science. For that designer to be within the scope of science, it would have to be testable or observable. Since this isn't the case, it becomes non germane to our purposes. Occam's razor mandates that we cut it out. Science leaves that to metaphysics.

The Catholic Church doesn't distinguish between macro or micro evolution. Here is what they say:

[b]Concerning biological evolution, the Church does not have an
official position on whether various life forms developed over
the course of time. However, it says that, if they did develop,
then they did so under the impetus and guidance of God, and
their ultimate creation must be ascribed to him.
Concerning human evolution, the Church has a more definite
teaching. It allows for the possibility that
man’s body developed from previous biological forms, under
God’s guidance, but it insists on the special creation of
his soul. Pope Pius XII declared that "the teaching authority of
the Church does not forbid that, in conformity with the present
state of human sciences and sacred theology, research and
discussions . . . take place with regard to the doctrine of
evolution, in as far as it inquires into the origin of the human
body as coming from pre-existent and living matter—[but] the
Catholic faith obliges us to hold that souls are immediately
created by God" (Pius XII, Humani Generis 36). So whether the
human body was specially created or developed, we are
required to hold as a matter of Catholic faith that the human
soul is specially created; it did not evolve, and it is not
inherited from our parents, as our bodies are.
While the Church permits belief in either special creation or
developmental creation on certain questions, it in no
circumstances permits belief in atheistic evolution. [/b]

You'd notice the definite position on "human evolution". I suppose that is what you'll call "macroevolution".

Calm down. Why the constant allusion to atheists claiming to be smarter? Do you feel intimidated by atheists?
First of all my brain does not tell me that because we are talking about changes here not addition of numbers. You look at a plant cell and an animal cell and tell me after billions of years that plant cell changes into an animal cell? Well I have a big problem believing that.
Again if genetic traits are not contained in the gene pool there's no way, its going to be added from no where over time.

Secondly, thesame radiometric dating that's based on assumptions that rendered the entire process a failure? Sorry but I don't believe in the radiometric dating because it doesn't work.
*The assumption that the amount of C-14 in the atmosphere has always been constant.(Even though there's more C-14 in the atmosphere today than we had years ago)
*The assumption that the rate of decay has always been constant.
*The assumption that the earth is already a million/billion years old therefore you have to go that back in time when calculating the half life
sorry but radiometric dating does not work. If you doubt it take the shell of a snail to the lab for carbon dating and see what number of years you are going to get, but we still have snails crawling around today. There have even been cases where the different body parts of a fossil dated differently.

As for the erosion: how can a surface not be marked? you see the degree of erosion happening around us today and you still believe that its possible that surfaces in the geologic column can end up not being marked by erosion? Wow! Anyway see picture of petrified trees in those layered rocks as further evidence that those layers didn't form over billions of years. And by the way your buddy above thinks otherwise "that there are no erosion marks on the surfaces" guess someone is confused

Your post on the catholic view seem to be rather strange, but I just got to ask what is atheistic evolution?

Me intimidated by atheist? I rather feel sympathy for them. Well my tone was quite harsh I admit but I told why I was furious my team lost but am over it

Re: Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist by ElCount: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
McSterling:

I had to separate this because this is a clear rebuttal of the entire evolution theory made by someone who believes in the theory. You are asking me if bridges are organic that's the same question we have been asking the evolutionist for ages now "If rocks are organic"
Evolutionist believe that life came from an inanimate object in this case a rock (your prebiotic soup).
If you have problem believing that bridges can't beget young ones how did you end up believing that a rock begot a life form or an inanimate object came to life. And I am totally with you on your conclusion about such analogy its ridiculous.
You see I wasn't exaggerating when I said you guys are filled with contradictions
God is indeed outside the scope of science because He actually exists outside the universe and not bounded by space and time so you really can't prove His existence scientifically.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God And The Male Ego / Photo Of A Nigerian Priest With An AK-47 Rifle At Mass. (pic) / Happy Birthday To Bishop Dr. Goddy Okafor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.