Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax (8881 Views)

PVC: Raising Awareness Of A Chronic Female Condition / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by egopersonified(f): 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Smh.
So you think you are making sense abi

Smh, for your sorry life.

5 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pdams1711:

Thought u said you were only playing pranks with your friends in the previous thread. So why talk about awareness creation here? You should create awareness in the right path. There are a lot of useful info and tips on preventing Ebola you should have spread like wildfire. Yes, Nigerians should be blamed for not verifying info but how does this awareness of yours help with that? Pls don't tag this awareness creation, it spoils ur case.
Nigerians!
Did you bother to read the post?
A rumour started this morning,
People started panicking.
They started drinking salt despite the fact that high salt intake can kill and cause other health complications.
They refused to believe it was a prank even after the Ministry of health came out to tell people it was a hoax.
I imagined that people will only believe if they original poster confessed. Since i know that would never happen, i created a thread to that effect.
Now many are back to thinking with their brains and stopped spreading the false news.

Do you get it now?

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Superstar007(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
wink

cool
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
egopersonified:

Smh, for your sorry life.
I know your problem. You bathe with salt water this morning and you now realize you should have investigated the news.
Glad i was able to stop the salt craze.
I am not a girl by the way so stop getting edgy.

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Superstar007(m): 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
JaaizTech: That was a very bad rumour to spread; however you have driven home some very key points here that I am so much happy to see. I pray your rumour has not affected the health of anyone so adversely. People need to understand that not every poo they read online is true, sadly also I reckon many people believed this rumour because some thought it emanated from a Church, another sign of how gullible people are to what emanates from pastors these days!.

Moral of the story: Use your brain.

She didn't spread the rumour bro. She only claimed to have originated it so that people will know that the whole salt issue was a hoax and will start using their brains.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
JaaizTech: That was a very bad rumour to spread; however you have driven home some very key points here that I am so much happy to see. I pray your rumour has not affected the health of anyone so adversely. People need to understand that not every poo they read online is true, sadly also I reckon many people believed this rumour because some thought it emanated from a Church, another sign of how gullible people are to what emanates from pastors these days!.

Thanks bro.
So true. People will believe anything they see online.
By the way, i did not start the rumour, i am not even a lady. Did it to make people read and reason
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Djicemob: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Nigerians!
They started drinking salt despite the fact that high salt intake can kill and cause other health complications.
They refused to believe it was a prank even after the Ministry of health came out to tell people it was a hoax.
I imagined that people will only believe if they original poster confessed. Since i know that would never happen, i created a thread to that effect.
Now many are back to thinking with their brains and stopped spreading the false news.

Do you get it now?
Thereby using urself as a scape-goat.Clap for urself! Hw many nigerians have access to media to hear announcement from the MOH and how many Nigerians know dat salt is actually bad for their health?(education or no education:is everybody science inclined?) Those are areas ur so called awareness was supposed to be directed at,not claiming responsibility for some stupid prank.Well,I hope u learn with ur impending arrest.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by jnrbayano(m): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2014

https://www.nairaland.com/1838417/todays-nigeria-nutshell

A thread I created on the 1st of August.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by egopersonified(f): 3:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
I know your problem. You bathe with salt water this morning and you now realize you should have investigated the news.
Glad i was able to stop the salt craze.
I am not a girl by the way so stop getting edgy.

Sorry to burst yr bubble, didnt do that, didnt get the info till I opened my browser this afternoon and you arent the only Nigerian with a brain. But like I have said twice before, I am just waiting to watch your arrest on NTA. U think Nigerians are all dull right? The fact that you are male doesnt change anything, someone posted a link to your other moniker with your email, bb pin and others. I think it just makes it easier to get you, in all these, just think of the 'using someone as a scapegoat' mentality, which you just upgraded yourself to.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by beeznitfizo: 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
Why are people so daft? The op said he lied about starting the rumour yet people still don't get it.
OP, ur topic is misleading. People are still going to misunderstand u because of the way u crafted the title. U should have written, why I lied about being the originator of the ebola salt cure rumour.
Now Mr OP, I don't see hw d previous thread helped educate anybody. People ended up sharing stories of who bathed with salt water and who didn't. People spent most of d post in insulting u. What u did amounts to looking for attention. If u want to educate people u could have come out with a well written article on how to prevent the spread of the disease.
U are not different from the people u are insulting and calling daft.

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by MymothersKeeper(f): 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
i know ebola will catch you this month OP

6 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Graciia: 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
imagine the idiot!! hope you had a good laugh? Something as serious as Ebola, you'll just decide to spread a false rumour like one little kid. I think you should classify yourself among those from the post above

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
Gaggi: Why are people so daft? The op said he lied about starting the rumour yet people still don't get it.
OP, ur topic is misleading. People are still going to misunderstand u because of the way u crafted the title. U should have written, why I lied about being the originator of the ebola salt cure rumour.
Now Mr OP, I don't see hw d previous thread helped educate anybody. People ended up sharing stories of who bathed with salt water and who didn't. People spent most of d post in insulting u. What u did amounts to looking for attention. If u want to educate people u could have come out with a well written article on how to prevent the spread of the disease.
U are not different from the people u are insulting and calling daft.
Thank you sir.
This morning i saw at least 3 threads that tried educating people YET some people still claimed it was verified! Imagine
My mum has high blood pressure and she could have ended up drinking salt all day.
People were arguing and claiming it was real.
What i did worked even if people ended up insulting me. At least they will stop drinking salt.
Thanks.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
MymothersKeeper: i know ebola will catch you this month OP
Because i warned people to stop drinking salt?
O ga o
Some people sha.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Barselonia(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: Many of you must have seen my thread where i confessed about starting the rumour www.nairaland.com/1848113/started-saltwater-ebola-cure-rumor/1

Early today Nigeria was in a Frenzy, many woke up rejoicing that there was a solution at last!

Mothers started calling there children that were far from them
Many exhausted there airtime calling their loved ones and telling them there was a solution at last.
Many said the message was from the Ministry of Health, others said it was the Americans that came up with the solution, some said it was T.B Joshua.

SALT IN WARM WATER WHEN INGESTED AND USED FOR BATHING COULD SHEILD U FROM EBOLA INFECTION!!!

Hmmmm....

I weep for Nigeria!
I weep for our youths!
I weep for the future leaders!
I weep for our Education sector!
I weep for our so-called Undergraduates, Graduates, professors and so-called intellectuals!

Over time i have seen Nigerians Arguing and fighting over issues they could easily verify, just because they heard it or read it somewhere.
The reading culture in this country is pathetic! In a state of hullabaloo.
Every cock and bull story is easily believed!
For goodness sake WHY do some even bother to go to school! Manipulating their JAMB scores, cheating in exams all to gain admission into the University. There in the University they only cram formulars and theories and come out with "fantastic" grades! Many are the best graduating students. YET they lack the capacity to reason outside the box.
That is why we have foooools as our leaders.
That is Why we have No medical, technological or military advancement that is indigenous; we have to depend on "developed" countries.

Our government NEVER sponsored researches to find the cure to HIV, CANCER, LASSA FEVER and the rest, we are ALWAYS waiting for other countries to do the research!

What are our professors doing in the UNIVERSITIES. Those figure Heads, they like the title of Prof, DR., Professor Emeritus, yet they have nothing to offer in their respective fields. Some of them became professors by copying the work of their students mtcheww what a pity!

I kept shaking my head at the comments many made on my previous thread where I "confessed".

Imagine how hard i had to work to make sure my dear mother who has High Blood pressure does not start drinking salt!

Imagine how many EDUCATED Nigerians did not bother to verify the source of the message before broadcasting it to others!

Imagine!

It is time for us all to reevaluate ourselves and question that university degree you claim to have!

I hope we all learnt a lesson here.

Ebola is DEADLY! And drinking salt is More Deadly. This is not time to be peddling rumours.

Let us do the right things and only adhere to instructions from authorized bodies.

(Note i did not create the original prank message, i created my first thread, imaging if only whoever started the wicked rumour of drinking and bathing with salt water could have confessed)

Yours
Adesewa (my pseudonym)

Seun, mukina2, mynd44 take note of this please.
he b like say u Don Dey madt abi... do u know The meaning of What u did.... fool a whole country even ur biological mother. I can't belief u still have the gut to say this after u av taken responsibility of What u cause...... I believe u are educated than this...... #futamyfoot

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
HOW DID I GET MYSELF HERE AGAIN

Fück You, You attention Seeking Fōooooool.. After the 1st thread, I dint talk, now U are creating another thread for ur show of Stupidity, and U even Mentioned alot of people just to get here again..

God will punish U and ur family.. Sango will play with your destiny as u ave played with people psycology today..

You deceived Mothers! Mothers that are Crying day by day for the cure of ebola, because we like it or not Mothers are the most concerned in this Issue..

While I woke Up this Morning, I had 56 missed calls from just 1 person - My mother, just because she heard about Salt as the cure.. She has starting calling me from 3:54am.. till 6am that I called her back.. And U r here writing 1 god forsaken Poem.. Eledumare will Forsake you.. You shall not know.peace all ur life.. It shall not be well with you..

put urself in other people's shoe, and see how its terrible to use other people's plight as fun!
ebola will Wipe all ur generation away from the face of the earth, You this Idiot.. Bastard Daughter of a
Trillion fathers. Oloriburuku.. Ko ni yeee..

MODS CAN BLOCK ME AND MY IP FOR ALL I CARE!

Cc: DRealGeesam1

4 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by egopersonified(f): 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
beeznitfizo: The POLICE & DSS has already been to Jibowu Hostel 2day and made some arrest.The two girls who bear the name funke who live within that viccinity were also arrested & they both testified they know nothing about the rumour. U hv made Dekoites n Jadesola's run 4m hostel 2 bc of threat of police invasion

Op, just imagine this scenerio when it happens. Btw, think of the number of innocent people in our prisons, then spread those your fingers, quote me and type more rubbish.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Barselonia(m): 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
oga seun....as I Dey here ,I Dey paraa, Watin b meaning of all this.... Au can u allow this kind to exist again... he b like u and this girl have something.... we need to check u

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by buchi4action(m): 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
TheMasterpiece: This person is not a female! This is an attention seeking male masquerading as a female. View his other Nairaland account below, same name apart from the digit at the end. It can't have been a coincidence. The username is too unique for this to be a concidence. And why has "she" not produced screenshots of the broadcasts? Seun Mukina2 Mynd44 Obinoscopy , investigate this. His other account here: https://www.nairaland.com/drealgeesam
10000 likes

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mods should close this thread asap.. This OP is a fool and should be banned immediately.. Oloriburuku Omo.. Omo Ale jatijati .. Bastard daughtet of a Billion father

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by kingron: 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Cant you read?!
I claimed to be the originator just to raise awareness that nigerians believe anything without research even the educated ones.
I did not start the rumour!

your stupidity is EPIC. U have no freaking point...U re as useless as the AY in okay...WTF u only proving ur stupidity mor by ur posts..trying to say Nigerians re uneducated..anywayz goodluck to your 10mins fame u craved badly for.

U can now go any nearest bank and withdraw money for dis achievement. Quote me nd u more crayzee dan i thought

3 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by priscacare20: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: Many of you must have seen my thread where i confessed about starting the rumour www.nairaland.com/1848113/started-saltwater-ebola-cure-rumor/1

Early today Nigeria was in a Frenzy, many woke up rejoicing that there was a solution at last!

Mothers started calling there children that were far from them
Many exhausted there airtime calling their loved ones and telling them there was a solution at last.
Many said the message was from the Ministry of Health, others said it was the Americans that came up with the solution, some said it was T.B Joshua.

SALT IN WARM WATER WHEN INGESTED AND USED FOR BATHING COULD SHEILD U FROM EBOLA INFECTION!!!

Hmmmm....

I weep for Nigeria!
I weep for our youths!
I weep for the future leaders!
I weep for our Education sector!
I weep for our so-called Undergraduates, Graduates, professors and so-called intellectuals!

Over time i have seen Nigerians Arguing and fighting over issues they could easily verify, just because they heard it or read it somewhere.
The reading culture in this country is pathetic! In a state of hullabaloo.
Every cock and bull story is easily believed!
For goodness sake WHY do some even bother to go to school! Manipulating their JAMB scores, cheating in exams all to gain admission into the University. There in the University they only cram formulars and theories and come out with "fantastic" grades! Many are the best graduating students. YET they lack the capacity to reason outside the box.
That is why we have foooools as our leaders.
That is Why we have No medical, technological or military advancement that is indigenous; we have to depend on "developed" countries.

Our government NEVER sponsored researches to find the cure to HIV, CANCER, LASSA FEVER and the rest, we are ALWAYS waiting for other countries to do the research!

What are our professors doing in the UNIVERSITIES. Those figure Heads, they like the title of Prof, DR., Professor Emeritus, yet they have nothing to offer in their respective fields. Some of them became professors by copying the work of their students mtcheww what a pity!

I kept shaking my head at the comments many made on my previous thread where I "confessed".

Imagine how hard i had to work to make sure my dear mother who has High Blood pressure does not start drinking salt!

Imagine how many EDUCATED Nigerians did not bother to verify the source of the message before broadcasting it to others!

Imagine!

It is time for us all to reevaluate ourselves and question that university degree you claim to have!

I hope we all learnt a lesson here.

Ebola is DEADLY! And drinking salt is More Deadly. This is not time to be peddling rumours.

Let us do the right things and only adhere to instructions from authorized bodies.

(Note i did not create the original prank message, i created my first thread, imaging if only whoever started the wicked rumour of drinking and bathing with salt water could have confessed)

Yours
Adesewa (my pseudonym)

Seun, mukina2, mynd44 take note of this please.

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by priscacare20: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
If not that it's 4biden to insult a nairaland member, I wud av curse ur life out, stupid joker just stay in park mtchew
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Djoshea(m): 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Smh.
So you think you are making sense abi
ego y r u misplacing ur facts.in the first place,the "adesewa" CLAIMED to have started the rumour, "she" did not.the first thread was to make people stop taking the salt and water rumour thing the way they did.you are just been unecessarily aggrieved.there were several rumours as to who started the salt and water ish,some said the oba of benin,some said t.b joshua etc.there is no proof of an adesewa anywhere who started this rumour,its all just CLAIMS! and the op did this to make people's fear allayed and to think twice and stop consuming salt inappropriately.lets be candid,lots of nigerians took the salt and water therapy thing without investigating the source of the news or even researching how true it was in its ability to prevent ebola.if this person hadn't made the two threads,lots of nigerians would be consuming and bathing in salt in ways thats injurious to their health.there's nothing for any jay enforcement agent to go on in this case,they are just claims!! And if well looked at,claims that will probably have reduced the number of people taking the salt and water therapy.i don't see it as an attention seeking attempt but rather one to make people come to their senses

4 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Djoshea(m): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
priscacare20: If not that it's 4biden to insult a nairaland member, I wud av curse ur life out, stupid joker just stay in park mtchew
but "adesewa" did not start the rumours,"she" just claimed to have. Una no sabi read again
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
angry dis guy has an account here already. He's just seekn attention. He's a male and not female. M suprised d moderators avnt done anytn 2 dis Sha ewa or wateva. U such a big fool anyway! @ Shaewa nd u shldnt continue 2 spread ur dull, dumb,
gullible, half-witted, idiotic, irrelevant,
meaningless, naive, obtuse,
pointless, rash, senseless,
shortsighted, unintelligent, unthinking,
stupid virus rumour here. If a were 2 b near u?! M gona arrest u. Idiot. U'v stil got guts 2 type. Sm1 jest died cos of ur stupidity nd bout 20 hospitalized angry sad sad sad sad sad angry

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by priscacare20: 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
U r just as foolish and insane as ur joke

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by darmhey(m): 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Nigerians!

Do you get it now?
It doesn't change the fact that you're an attention seeking fagggot! I think people that fell for the salt water thingy were too scared and they panicked, some of the educated ones we're stupid, you're more stupid! A very good lawyer will prove you started the rumor and then you claimed you didn't start it when things got out of hand. Mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Blakjewelry(m): 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
truth be said this little rumor prove how foolish many Nigerians are. when I refused this salt and water bulls crap, I almost get beaf with some people for been stubborn.

4 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by smokeydrinky: 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
mr/ miss... whatever you are, if your claim is true, then you are no better than the idiota who started the rumor and you deserve to be hanged, perhaps twice!!

silly girl.

3 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Guidette(f): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
I think i understand what the op is saying. He/she opened the former thread to dispel the rumours going around about the proposed ebola cure thingy, even though it did not originate from him/her, so that gullible Nigerians would stop using salt and water to bath. Hmmmm… There is a lesson to learn here which the OP has summed up in this thread, so kudos to him/her.
But OP, if you truly started this rumour, you are very wicked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alomo Bitters: What Is It Really For, Wud U Drink It? / Abdul Samad Rabiu: Kwara’s ₦2.5 Billion Cancer Centre To Be Ready In 12 Months / Are U A Pcos- Woman? Talk About It Here!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.