Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95364 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 08, 2014
My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

41 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by salomycruz: 7:54am On Aug 08, 2014
you started it or not I find it interesting and fun....salt and water campaign everywhere.

11 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by overdrive(m): 7:56am On Aug 08, 2014
U only added more money to oga Dangote pocket.

72 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 08, 2014
salomycruz: you started it or not I find it interesting and fun....salt and water campaign everywhere.
I could have corrected my original post but i cant.
The original source of the rumour is Attah of Igala land

This was just a publicity stunt to make Nigerians realise that they should only give credence to News coming from VERIFIED sources and ONLY from the AUTHORITIES.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166257-ebola-sparks-panic-across-nigeria-as-citizens-scramble-for-salt-water-bath-remedy.html

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/08/sylvester-ugwuanyi-bet-among-ebola-forced-bathe-early-hot-salt-water/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201408081510.html/

5 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ifyfaith: 7:59am On Aug 08, 2014
I'm not sure u started it cos u said it was 7:08pm u started d rumour but I heard abt it yesterday around 3pm

41 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by pheyikemi: 8:02am On Aug 08, 2014
@Op, you need to go to NTA or something and go make your announcements/apologies. It'll work faster that way (that's if you are not arrested). Oshi!

42 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by wheesin(m): 8:02am On Aug 08, 2014
did she just call this a joke oh because the federal government is searching for the rumour monger.. she then decides its a joke..wtf.. undecided arrest her
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2014
ifyfaith: I'm not sure u started it cos u said it was 7:08pm u started d rumour but I heard abt it yesterday around 3pm
You got me!
The truth below
I could have corrected my
original post but i cant.
The original source of the
rumour is Attah of Igala
land

This was just a publicity stunt
to make Nigerians realise that
they should only give credence
to News coming from
VERIFIED sources and ONLY
from the AUTHORITIVES.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166257-ebola-sparks-panic-across-nigeria-as-citizens-scramble-for-salt-water-bath-remedy.html

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/08/sylvester-ugwuanyi-bet-among-ebola-forced-bathe-early-hot-salt-water/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201408081510.html/

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Thayay(m): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2014
why won't we bash you?....infact you must be stupid for inventing this chaotic message....How on earth will you joke with something involded with someone 's life ?
Have sensed lies since i've heard it this morning.
BUT once again,u're stupid and clueless for such action.THANK YOU

32 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by salomycruz: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
This is serious. The rumor is everywhere already.
I have sent out another broadcast message to apologize. The problem is people are not believing me.
you mite just b a blessing 2 many with DAT silly act

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2014
i'v never insulted anyone on nairaland before: guess op
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Djoshea(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2014
Adesewa bet y,y wld u joke abt sumtin like this.i dont blame you tho.nigerians and the way we take things hook line and sinker.i dont doubt that she started it after all many other nigerians have done something similar

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 08, 2014
pheyikemi: @Op, you need to go to NTA or something and go make your announcements/apologies. It'll work faster that way (that's if you are not arrested). Oshi!
Mr man! No insult please!
Mtcheww.
I was just kidding with my friends, i did not even say they should rebroadcast it! It was later that i saw the message that said people Should rebroadcast. Who asked them to edit the message i sent!

Please let us be matured.

6 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by lekhane(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2014
Thank you for coming out to apologize cos it has really spread faster than the virus itself, just be careful and never joke with this kind of life threatening issue, people please let's start re-broadcasting again

9 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Amhappy(f): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2014
Ok apology accepted but you see wetin you cause? Panic Panic Panic everywhere. This is an expensive prank.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 08, 2014
I swear if anyone insults me i will insult rubbbish comot for him body.
I even came quickly to appologize and some people want to be showing big head here.
Mtchw

7 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by quin9(f): 8:13am On Aug 08, 2014
Too many wrong spellings! Smh.....I don't still get why we have to make a joke outta every situation,people are dying and you think its funny? better drink your salt water well coz u might be d next to get infected(jus saying)

American are finding a cure, Nigerians are joking...

40 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mohammad11: 8:14am On Aug 08, 2014
Lol.
This early morning I heard it too but its badt to the extend of people believe it to be #SoTrue.
I saw women sharing hot water mixed with salt in order to bath but I dont know whether they are drinking it too.

Be careful of what you type and share online. Such a bad step you took bro.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Chrisx1x(m): 8:16am On Aug 08, 2014
Fp material

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tapout(m): 8:16am On Aug 08, 2014
its too bad d level of security in dis country is very poor , do u know wat will become of u if u try dis in a security conscious country?? ?? ?? ?? ?,.....if not, i just don't know how u can spread such an expensive rumor and come out to confess.............wtf!!!!!!!!! angry do u know how many people u've kept indoors 2day?? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry U THINK CONTACTING A DISEASE THAT HAS NO CURE AND KILLS UNDER 2 WEEKS IS A JOKE ABI...smh

57 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by JANK23H(m): 8:18am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: I swear if anyone insults me i will insult rubbbish comot for him body.
I even came quickly to appologize and some people want to be showing big head here.
Mtchw
Just pray Seun doesn't send this thread to front page.You go hear am today.

18 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2014
Tapout: its too bad d level of security in dis country is very poor , do u know wat will become of u if u try dis in a security conscious country?? ?? ?? ?? ?,.....if not, i just don't know how u can spread such an expensive rumor and come out to confess.............wtf!!!!!!!!! angry do u know how many people u've kept indoors 2day?? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
So i should have just kept quiet abi.
Who knew people will take it this serious.
Nairaland has too many kids. Mind how you talk to me pls!

10 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tallesty1(m): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2014
I'm sure some grandmas will die of cold and shock so send your apologies to God too.

I don't think you know the gravity of the offense you commited. Many people did not sleep last night because they were waiting for the time you gave them. Some were shocked to see their love ones calling them at such hour. Your mates are searching for the cure and you are busy joking and spreading rumor. Can't Nigerians be serious for once? How can someone in her right sense joke with something as deadly as Ebola?

In some countries you would have been declared wanted by now.

39 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by quintessnc05(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Hahahahahahah!!!! Its so funny.

I received two calls this morning @5am and 6.30am to follow that instruction.
Alwys wanted to play a prank like this.
Lol!

You all should chill jare..

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bennynaza(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Cascading ur skin with refined salt is very unhealthy 2 d skin, especially those with allergies. Education is power. Thanks. Death cometh for whom it willeth... Salvation for whom it seeketh.

By the way, @op, Adonbilivit joori... This is just your attempt 2 become popular.

14 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 08, 2014
can you believe the msg got to me here. dis morning.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tapout(m): 8:24am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
So i should have just kept quiet abi.
Who knew people will take it this serious.
Nairaland has too many kids. Mind how you talk to me pls!

only a kid will do what u did,,,,,grow up

81 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Afrok(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2014
My family members called me this morning when I was about to bath and go for lecture that I should bath with warm and salt water and drink too, I know how much I dislike bathing with warm or hot water. I quickly told my brother that I ain't gonna broadcast this to anyone until I get a confirmation from nairaland, and here it is, it's all a fake news.
Well thanks for coming out op but let's be cautious about things we joke with.

Sooner than later, Ebola is gonna be history and we'll all celebrate WORLD EBOLA DAY.

12 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by 5minsmadness: 8:26am On Aug 08, 2014
But you now see the power of online media? People are in other threads swearing that the salt water thing works!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2014
Tapout:

What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2014
Tapout:

3 Likes

SMH.. *Comment Edited*

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.