Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Didier Drogba Retires From International Football. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Didier Drogba Retires From International Football. (542 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Didier Drogba Retires From International Football. by hensben(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
Chelsea striker made 104 appearances for Ivory Coast and captained side for eight years.

Didier Drogba has announced his retirement from international football with the Ivory Coast.
The 36-year-old, who last month re-joined Chelsea following a two-season absence with spells in China and Turkey, made his 104th and final appearance for Les Elephants during the World Cup in Brazil.
“It is with much sadness that I have decided to retire from international football,” Drogba said.
“I am very proud to have been captain of this team for eight years and to have contributed to placing my country on the world stage of football, taking part in three World Cups and two African Cup of Nations finals.
“I cannot convey enough thanks to the fans for all the love and support during these years. All my goals, all my caps, all our victories are for you.
“I also owe much gratitude to my team-mates – the players with whom I have shared all these emotions and I wish you all much success for the future and a very warm welcome to the new manager (Herve Renard).”
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/didier-drogba-retires-from-international-football-1.1891417

Re: Didier Drogba Retires From International Football. by stdavidsally: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
For Real Fake news of d season!
Re: Didier Drogba Retires From International Football. by hensben(m): 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
stdavidsally: For Real Fake news of d season!
bro its for real, check other sports site you know.

(1) (Reply)

Van Persie Dismiss Injury Claims, Vows To Challenge Falcao / Keshi Must Sort Out His Team Before Wednesday And The 5 Solutions For The Eagles / Nations Cup 2015 Qualifiers: Results And Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.