Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,062 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology (2448 Views)

See The Lady Who Is Challenging Cossy With Her Boobs Of 6 Photos Here.. / P'Square Debunks "P'Square Not Going To Church" Rumour / Annie Idibia Responds To Rumour Trailing Kissing Pics Of Tuface & BabyMama Pero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by berrylyn26: 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
She posted her apology on nairaland

My confession and apology

My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.

How it started

Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke brought the idea of us playing a prank on our friends.

The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe vera could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).

I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.

I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later at midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

See more here: http:///nigerian-lady-who-started-the-salt-water-ebola-cure-rumour-tenders-apology/
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by SAMBARRY: 6:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
You are a very stooped and annoying girl undecided

it's so unfortunate you are my name sake. Your ignoble behaviour and idle chatter has wrecked havoc and now you are just apologizing. Stoopeed jobless girl undecided
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
SAMBARRY: You are a very stooped and annoying girl undecided

it's so unfortunate you are my name sake. Your ignoble behaviour and idle chatter has wrecked havoc and now you are just apologizing. Stoopeed jobless girl undecided
grin
Adesmiley
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by korent: 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
I dnt blame her, we Nigerians are now playing pranks on issue like dis Ebola, instead of putting our heads together praying asking God to remove dis disease, some people are dere joking wit the disease . The lady should go for penance ask God for forgiveness COs she has caused damage to some peoples health.
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by UrbanMystique: 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hehe hehe prank genius
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by DarkFive: 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
Apology not accepted
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by Adrenaline123(m): 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Stolen from Nairaland, sold to nairaland. Bloggers sha. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by akinlex(m): 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
Adrenaline123: Stolen from Nairaland, sold to nairaland. Bloggers sha. grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by SAMBARRY: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
Largas:
grin
Adesmiley
hawa you wink
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by addictiv(m): 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
too bad the price of salt will soon spike up....all for just a stupid prank
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by soulglo: 11:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
SAMBARRY: You are a very stooped and annoying girl undecided

She is not stupid and Nigerians are just simply lazy about helping themselves. She shared a joke among friends. How do you know that some false information you gave someone was not given to someone else to their detriment. Someone insulted me on nairaland yesterday because I told him that in this day and age he should be ashamed for advising someone who was having reoccurring seizures to rub himself with palm oil as a cure. PALM FREAKING OIL. I am sure he will repeat it again tomorrow and people will go home and do it because they are too lazy to do a little bit of verification to see if its true. Even educated Nigerians were forwarding this nonsense on Facebook. Nonsense. Ignorance kills
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 09, 2014
SAMBARRY: hawa you wink
embarassed
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by parrotibaba(m): 1:57am On Aug 09, 2014
soulglo:

She is not stupid and Nigerians are just simply lazy about helping themselves. She shared a joke among friends. How do you know that some false information you gave someone was not given to someone else to their detriment. Someone insulted me on nairaland yesterday because I told him that in this day and age he should be ashamed for advising someone who was having reoccurring seizures to rub himself with palm oil as a cure. PALM FREAKING OIL. I am sure he will repeat it again tomorrow and people will go home and do it because they are too lazy to do a little bit of verification to see if its true. Even educated Nigerians were forwarding this nonsense on Facebook. Nonsense. Ignorance kills
dude she's stupid for doing dat... imagine going on bbm n spreading a rumour,even claiming dat d minister of health told her to broadcast d news,can't u see d damage she has caused? a virus without cure n patients dying in numbers, u can even contact it any where ...n she had d guts to play a prank on d whole country, well she's on a long tin cos 2 ppl r already dead cos of excessive consumption of salt n now d minister of health is determined to arrest her
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by GameGuyPH: 2:30am On Aug 09, 2014
parrotibaba: dude she's stupid for doing dat... imagine going on bbm n spreading a rumour,even claiming dat d minister of health told her to broadcast d news,can't u see d damage she has caused? a virus without cure n patients dying in numbers, u can even contact it any where ...n she had d guts to play a prank on d whole country, well she's on a long tin cos 2 ppl r already dead cos of excessive consumption of salt n now d minister of health is determined to arrest her

It's not her fault people are so damn stupid!! this is why religion is so prevalent in the country because the IQ of the average Nigerian is very low to believe such rubbish, it is alarming that a senseless rumor was taken so seriously...although I don't believe she may be the root of this rumor such a rumor should have NEVER been taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by johnwizey: 2:35am On Aug 09, 2014
And the 'omo-kpau-bi-ibon said wat she posted was to create awareness. Maybe she just copied it somewhere witout bothering to read it. Nonsense pikin!!!
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by armadeo(m): 2:52am On Aug 09, 2014
The funny thing is this thread is on nairaland yet a blogger has it in her site.

Bloggers acting dumb since 1534.

(1) (Reply)

MC Galaxy Arrested For Beating His White Female Manager. / Nollywood Actor, David Nnaji Welcomes First Child With His Wife, Jodie / Photos: Empire Actress, Taraji P. Henson Poses Topless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.