Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo (1786 Views)

Saraki: Witness Tenders Implicating GTB Documents Against Him / PDP Tenders Evidence Buhari's Certificate Is Forged / EBOLA Salt Water Bath(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by Emelcee: 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dear Nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention “News”, My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How It Started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that Aloe vera could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.
Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday
Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.
All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.
I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.
Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by lekkie073(m): 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
if I catch DAT girl ehn angry
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by eposho: 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
same way they started religion.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by tandj: 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
Of all d things to joke with, its ebola?
How old is she?

I still don't believe that up to this moment d ministry of health have not heard this and yet to warn folks of the dangers in drinking salt water.

Every day, our chances of getting better is diminishing.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by otil1: 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ur gilty of mudder. deal wiff it.

Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption in plateau state
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by Mabaleosi(m): 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
U wan take ds news collect stars. Na lie no be u. If u want to convince us then tell us ur school, ur name, department, level and ur hostel number.

Finally remember to upload ur picture.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by eposho: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
tandj: Of all d things to joke with, its ebola?
How old is she?

I still don't believe that up to this moment d ministry of health have not heard this and yet to warn folks of the dangers in drinking salt water.

old boy I tire ohh.in this high tech info. age
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by otil1: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by danot1030: 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
If u are truly remorseful go show urself to Jonathan, he is looking for u to give u ur reward.
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
Emelcee: Dear Nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention “News”, My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How It Started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that Aloe vera could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.
All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.
I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.
Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

You must be insane for trying to get this cheap popularity.

The saline bath originated from the ruler of the Igala Kingdom, the Attah of Igala, prescribing salt solution as a magical vaccine against the virus.

Click on the link below to educate urself u little brazen schmuck!

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166257-ebola-sparks-panic-across-nigeria-as-citizens-scramble-for-salt-water-bath-remedy.html
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by donkross1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Okay wait.... As only u kan carry ursef begin lie on top ya head now.... E sweet you abi ?
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by gebest: 11:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
THIS IS AUGUST 8 AND NOT APRIL 1ST FOR APRIL FOOL, SO WHY ARE U FOOLING US?
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by Emelcee: 6:36am On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=Emelcee]Dear Nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention “News”, My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How It Started
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by Emelcee: 6:59am On Aug 09, 2014
lekkie073: if I catch DAT girl ehn angry
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by Emelcee: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2014
tandj: Of all d things to joke with, its ebola?
How old is she?

Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apo by onyekabe(m): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2014
after causing .many death she is appealing she should tried for causing death

(1) (Reply)

Davido Acquires A New Private Jet (see Pics) / Nigerian National ID Project Response From Mastercard / Gunshots At Lagos Pdp Primary Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.