Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:21 AM

Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality (1499 Views)

Tension As PDP, APC Disagree On Security On Warri Waterways / Man Sleeping While INEC Chairman Was Adressing The Nation / Read: PDP, APC Disagree Over Alleged Plan To Islamise Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by TundeCole(m): 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Chairman of the
Independent National
Electoral Commission, Prof
Attahiru Jega, Acting
Inspector General of Police
Suleiman Abba and the
Director General of
Governor Aregbesola’s
campaign organisation,
Professor Sola Adeyeye,
disagreed on Wednesday
over modalities for voting
in Saturday’s Osun
governorship election.
This almost disrupted the
Stakeholders’ Forum
organised by INEC which
was also attended by
political parties and their
candidates in Osogbo.
The disagreement started
when INEC chairman
urged voters to disregard
APC candidate, Governor
Aregbesola, who asked
voters to take photograph
of their ballot papers with
their camera phones on
the day of the election.
Jega said such practice
would violate electoral
law and that nobody
would be allowed to use
their camera phones to
take photographs of his
ballot paper and that
anyone who tries it would
be arrested.
This did not go down well
with Aregbesola and APC
chieftains who were at the
forum, including Adeyeye
and instantly expressed
their disapproval of the
statement of the INEC
chairman.
Adeyeye told INEC
chairman that nobody can
stop the voters from
taking photograph of their
ballot papers. Adeyeye
who is the Senator
representing Osun Central
Senatorial District said he
would take his
photograph of his own
ballot paper and that he is
ready for the arrest.
“I have written my will.
I’m ready to die. I will take
photograph of my ballot
paper. All of us will take
photograph of our ballot
papers. We are ready for
whatever would be the
consequence. Let us see
how many of us you can
kill,” Adeyeye said.
While speaking, the IGP
insisted that anyone who
attempts to disrupt the
election process would be
dealt with. He advised the
voters to be mindful of
electoral laws so as not to
commit electoral offences.

--DAILY TRUST
Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by bloodykiller: 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
Apc party of bastard mad people

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by bbello28(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
Fires An arrow at the first person 2 comment... angry

2 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by Dreal1247: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
The game is already over. Next election pls.
Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by ratiken(m): 8:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
Why is APC so violence oriented?

4 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by viczing(m): 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
Make we see.....janjanweed men
Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by LFJ: 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
bloodykiller: Apc party of bastard mad people

PDP party of criminals and murderers

2 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by LFJ: 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
ratiken: Why is APC so violence oriented?

Why is PDP want to rig election at all cost

3 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by LFJ: 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
viczing: Make we see.....janjanweed men

Cankerworms where do you hide?
Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by LFJ: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
bloodykiller:
Otu nne i

The same to u
Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by ratiken(m): 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
LFJ:

Why is PDP want to rig election at all cost
You didnt need to murder english to prove you are an APC e-rat.

2 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by LFJ: 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
ratiken:
You didnt need to murder english to prove you are an APC e-rat.

That will never change the fact of where you belong
Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by Giannakopoulos(f): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
TundeCole:
“I have written my will.
I’m ready to die. I will take
photograph of my ballot
paper. All of us will take
photograph of our ballot
papers. We are ready for
whatever would be the
consequence. Let us see
how many of us you can
kill,”
Chai, APC and Hooliganism, imagine a serving senator and a professor uttering this. Unfortunately his wives and kids may not be around to vote not to talk of snapping pictures. Lets watch Aregbesola closely, and see if he'll snap his ballot paper, copy the serial number or wait till the votes are counted at his polling unit.

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by LFJ: 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
bloodykiller:

Sharap fool

Who can be more foolish than somebody who can no longer think straight. Comeback to me when you regain your conscience, member of association of killers.

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
APC rapists; Game Over.

Prepare for court, as usual.
Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by tallfish145(m): 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pdp always desperate to win elections,even where they are not needed

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by ogmask: 11:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
If a voters takes a photo of his vote what is wrong with it. What is the problem with inec. On the one hand This shows that inec has a hidden agenda.
On the other hand, if the police and inec say no cameras why not play by the rules apc.
If according to jega taking pgotograph is against election practice then all players must abide.
But if the rule is manufactured to skew things in a particular direction then i pity this con3.

Nuf said.

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by viczing(m): 12:00am On Aug 09, 2014
I hide under my umbrella, where's ya broom cos the last time I checked we seized it and we bout to sweep off you janjanweed apc negros
Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by LFJ: 4:33am On Aug 09, 2014
bloodykiller:

Otu nne I

I rather die than to dwell with bokoharams

If death is what you wish for yourself that is your choice and the headche of your family.

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by anyinso: 9:51am On Aug 09, 2014
Which one be snapping ballot paper again? APC cannot stop surprising me.

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality by meforyou1(m): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2014
Is it that there is no single person in Apc that thinks straight? Which one is snap ballot paper again for God's sake

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi,apga,jonathan And 2015 / Gunmen Räpe, Rob Female Trainee Journalists In Lagos / Boko Haram: Report Claims Governor Shettima Killed Gubio, Ngala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.