Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown (3495 Views)

Troops Repel Boko Haram Attack In Gwoza, Kill Terrorists (very Graphic Photos) / Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH / Boko Haram Surrender II, Shekau Whereabouts Unknown - Satellite Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
Some units of the Nigerian Army 213 battalion,
Operation Task Force Mike and 234 battalion, which
attempted to retake Gwoza Township from Islamist
militant Boko Haram, beat a hasty retreat on
Thursday night as the militants showed superior
firepower, SaharaReporters has learned.
The soldiers were reported to have been led into the
battle by Lieutenant BMG Martins and Lt. Colonel Agu
of the 234 Battalion, formerly Special Operations
Battalion (SOB), but they were given the surprise of
their lives when they ran into stiff resistance from
the militants as they advanced on Gwoza from the
Madagali axis.
The soldiers retreated but the militants set off in hot
pursuit, chased them and snatched one of their tanks
as well as the driver of the tank. They then called the
soldier’s wife and informed her that her husband was
in captivity.
Col. Agu has himself not been since then.
SaharaReporters sources said that following the
encounter, some 30 Hilux pick up vans were used to
bring back to Mubi in Adamawa State several
wounded and dead soldiers.
The defeat of Nigerian soldiers in Gwoza puts the
strategic town firmly in the hands of Boko Haram
militants three days after they first invaded the town,
killing over 100 civilians and several soldiers.
It is the second time in 24 hours that Nigerians
soldiers were defeated by Boko Haram in an attempt
to retake Gwoza. The army had recently retaken
Damoboa, over two weeks after Boko Haram overran
the town and planted its flag.
Nigerian army sources in Abuja said that following
the attack, they have yet to find Lt. Col Agu. They
further confirmed that about three military alpha jets
have been deployed to the area to assist in the
rescue of soldiers who might be trapped in
mountains surrounding Gwoza.
Military sources blame the Brigade commander for
asking the contingent to withdraw from Gwoza after
they made contact with the terrorists, adding that
the hasty retreat emboldened Boko Haram militants
to chase and kill the soldiers during the unusual
retreat.
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Osama10(m): 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
Its a pity we are really loosing it, this boko haram thing should be prosecuted like a war.

Innocent lives of civilians and soldiers are being lost everyday. angry
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nawao, God help us. Sahara reporters always first to report bad news in Naija since time immemorial. God purnish you people angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by tobillionaire(m): 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
they should just go nd bomb d whole sambisa forest nd even d mountains,, else theyll kill all soldiers nd av their way to do whatever they like to d poor civillians, something worst dan wat they did to chibok girls.. BTW, wat kinda weapon could they av used to confiscate a tank from dis incompetent soldiers
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by fitzmayowa: 11:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
Where is gallantsoldier to confirm this report...
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by eagleu: 12:14am On Aug 09, 2014
If true as reported, why we're the soldiers not backed up by these so called alpha jets from day 1?

7 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by atlwireles: 12:17am On Aug 09, 2014
This constant lie by some groups in this country is worse than boko haram. All your attempts to belittle the Nigerian army is out right dumb. 99.9% of the ones posting this crap are the very people in the cross hair of boko haram. Keep insulting the army, you might have to carry your own gun and take on boko haram, as they are your brothers and friends. Because sooner or later other Nigerians will walk off the battle field for you people.

11 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Lobolintin(m): 12:18am On Aug 09, 2014
Nuclear power needed now... Wipe out sambisa and the neigbouring shits
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by meforyou1(m): 12:30am On Aug 09, 2014
Sahara reporter is a junk news website. They can say whatever the feel like saying.
Our military is a dignified and disciplined force, so they don't respond to such alarmist news item.
I can only believe sowore when he physically locates himself in maiduguri or damaturu. Our boys are destroying the boko terrorists, don't be swayed by sowore's sensationalism

6 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by lilprinze: 12:31am On Aug 09, 2014
hmm bh r becoming stronger by d day instead of gtin weaker. wit d wy d tin iz going on if a drastic step in nt taken towards diz bastardZ day would soon start taking ova statez o
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Wily2wily: 1:16am On Aug 09, 2014
haaaaaahaaaaaaaa, isi Ewu Soldiers.
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by danot1030: 1:29am On Aug 09, 2014
The best among the soldiers are deployed for election subversion in Osun state.

5 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by omowolewa: 1:36am On Aug 09, 2014
RIP to dead.

If the news is true, N/A should understand that such battle needs a Ariel bombardment first.

Even USA used Ariel bombardment for ISIS, Israel used Ariel for Hamas (am not in support of any party), French used it against Malian militants.

For now its assumed that there is nobody but boko boiz Gowsa, so why not rain the stones from above.

2 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Qelvin(m): 1:51am On Aug 09, 2014
Colonel Agu(I suppose he is Igbo) should know better than risking his life for a worthless country,any Igbo in such situation is a fool...let the Hausa animals fight their own war...the man who brings junk to his house should be ready to play host to a infestation of ants.

3 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Emeca: 2:04am On Aug 09, 2014
Due to media censorship, we may neva know just how our 'illustrious' army is faring against these militants.

Guerilla warfare is one of the most energy-sapping, morale-sagging, money-draining system of warfare in the history of mankind. E.g; America v Taliban/AlQaeda, Israel v Hamas/Hezbollah, Ethiopia/Kenya v AlShabab, Iraq/Syria v Islamic State and now Nigeria v Boko Haram.

Lets prepare in advance to hear that billions of dollars have been spent to fight Boko Haram without a decisive victory.
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by brownlord1: 2:27am On Aug 09, 2014
God protect our gallant troops. To hell with sharia reporters.

#Go N.A no tension.

2 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Chiefpriest1(m): 2:38am On Aug 09, 2014
Clearly, this story is biased. In fact, the choice of words is very belittling. These people put their lives on the line for the rest of us,yet this is the support they deserve? For once, can someone imagine boko haram occupying Aso Rock,which is their aim?

2 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 09, 2014
Sahara reporter of lies, concocting and reporting lies since 1804

1 Like

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by brownlord1: 2:45am On Aug 09, 2014
Chiefpriest1: Clearly, this story is biased. In fact, the choice of words is very belittling. These people put their lives on the line for the rest of us,yet this is the support they deserve? For once, can someone imagine boko haram occupying Aso Rock,which is their aim?

If the man occupying aso rock continue to look foolishly and playing politics, then expect BH to occupy state house soon, with the way the war is going if everything we hear is true. then we are doom.
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by brownlord1: 2:52am On Aug 09, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Sahara reporter of lies, concocting and reporting lies since 1804

it doesn't matter if true or false, i think your oga is really sleeping on duty, WTH is he and his generals doing and we loosing our boys daily to a ragtag militant group that should be wipe off the surface of the earth, jonathan has no business in Aso rock if he can't wipe those bastards and name the sponsors of BH, i personally will not be voting for him and ensure i use everything i have to make sure my family and friends that care to listen vote against him if jonathan refuse to name the sponsors of bh, damn the consequences, if that will break the country then so be it, no man should be more powerful than the president, we can't entrust our life on him for another 4 years simply because he keep telling us "we are ontop of the situation"and keep recycling junk statement anytime bh strike, if apc is not fielding any better candidate apart from the walking dead buhari then i rather not vote. Nigerians are dying daily and that should be his major concern, equip this boys and let them do the job.

3 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Vikky014(f): 3:27am On Aug 09, 2014
Anoda junk news from boko haram member (ibnsultan),u wil soon b apprehended jst watch ur back!all ur comments & thread are enof evidence
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by manutdadex(m): 3:40am On Aug 09, 2014
one of the few reasons our youths are not ready for leadership role! U want Gej to blow up those area and even civilian...we always want tinz to be done sharp sharp, money sharp sharp everytin Nigerian youths wants is doin tins sharpally, which is neva a good solution to any problem...person wey dey use mouth drive car no fit get accident!
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 09, 2014
manutdadex: one of the few reasons our youths are not ready for leadership role! U want Gej to blow up those area and even civilian...we always want tinz to be done sharp sharp, money sharp sharp everytin Nigerian youths wants is doin tins sharpally, which is neva a good solution to any problem...person wey dey use mouth drive car no fit get accident!
Bros, let's do math 101. If Naija army bomb boko haram hideouts or strongholds, how many civilian casualties do you think will be recorded? Subtract it from the civilian casualties already recorded since boko haram menace started in 2009 and tell me the difference. Waiting for your answer, Mr. Reuben Abatt... undecided
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by bokoslayer: 4:09am On Aug 09, 2014
I don't trust this Ibnsultan dude, he always bring bad news. God knows your thoughts.
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 09, 2014
brownlord1:

it doesn't matter if true or false, i think your oga is really sleeping on duty, WTH is he and his generals doing and we loosing our boys daily to a ragtag militant group that should be wipe off the surface of the earth, jonathan has no business in Aso rock if he can't wipe those bastards and name the sponsors of BH, i personally will not be voting for him and ensure i use everything i have to make sure my family and friends that care to listen vote against him if jonathan refuse to name the sponsors of bh, damn the consequences, if that will break the country then so be it, no man should be more powerful than the president, we can't entrust our life on him for another 4 years simply because he keep telling us "we are ontop of the situation"and keep recycling junk statement anytime bh strike, if apc is not fielding any better candidate apart from the walking dead buhari then i rather not vote. Nigerians are dying daily and that should be his major concern, equip this boys and let them do the job.
I wish the president of the federal republic were my oga. If that was the case, I would have been wealthier than I am currently. Anyway, since you said so, I claim it at this moment. All say Amen. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 09, 2014
Qelvin: Colonel Agu(I suppose he is Igbo) should know better than risking his life for a worthless country,any Igbo in such situation is a fool...let the Hausa animals fight their own war.. .the man who brings junk to his house should be ready to play host to a infestation of ants.

How can you refer to a whole tribe as animals? You are obviously a badly indoctrinated kid.

2 Likes

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by madamoringo(f): 5:51am On Aug 09, 2014
GEJ puppets deriding the news as if this is the first time BH will hammer the lazy soldiers whose only job now is to help politicians steal and rig elections. I will always believe SR, they've proved themselves beyond all you losers writing crap about then! Andoakaa did worse, where is he today? Where is akunyili? Where is turai? In the next few days, the truth will be more glaring! Most of you think the world does not know that this is not news! The reason BH is even an issue or a terrorist organization is that the Nigerian forces have lost almost all their battles, skirmishes and confrontations with BH, so why is this news? If NA had won even 50/50 of the shootouts, BH morale would be down now because there's no way they can keep up if they lose 50% of their soldiers and equipment each time they are in a fight! Instead they win every 4 out of 5 and capture more and superior arms to fight next time! The retardeenic president is only interested in rigging Osun elections, so you Nigerians will suffer for long indeed!

1 Like

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by omenka(m): 6:10am On Aug 09, 2014
Qelvin: Colonel Agu(I suppose he is Igbo) should know better than risking his life for a worthless country,any Igbo in such situation is a fool...let the Hausa animals fight their own war...the man who brings junk to his house should be ready to play host to a infestation of ants.
When you see a kid desperate for attention, you know right away.

@post: I keep wondering, what exactly is the role of the Nigerian Air Force in this battle Why can't we have a situation in which ground troops lure those vampires out of their hideouts and call in air support to finish the job?? What is really going on Is someone deliberately sabotaging the Nigerian Army??

This is so disheartening to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 09, 2014
Osama10: Its a pity we are really loosing it, this boko haram thing should be prosecuted like a war.

Innocent lives of civilians and soldiers are being lost everyday. angry
Gudmorning my friend...
PLS USE LOSE ok...not LOOSE...

1 Like

Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Toosure70: 6:22am On Aug 09, 2014
run ke? Na lie o, they only came for election in osun. Expect them on sunday.
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Azedplus(m): 8:20am On Aug 09, 2014
Amidst all this, our President prioritize sending much security to Osun, that shows the President's concern for the north and his 2015 agenda above all other interest.
Re: Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2014
bokoslayer: I don't trust this Ibnsultan dude, he always bring bad news. God knows your thoughts.
Hmmm am a patriot till ma death.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Pass Man, Picture. / Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group / Guess Who Organized The Southern Governor's Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.