Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,368 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. (2761 Views)

Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque / Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government / Ebola: Lagos Airport Refuses To Screen VIP From Affected Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Fatdon(m): 4:56am On Aug 09, 2014
[b]LAGOS State has banned all religious
crusades until further notice as part
of a programme to contain the
spread of the ebola virus currently
sweeping across West Africa
following medical advice indicating that it spreads in large gatherings. Over recent months, almost 2,000
people have been infected with the
deadly ebola virus disease (EVD), with
Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia
being the worst affected countries.
Almost 800 people have died from the virus that came into Nigeria when an
American-born Liberian Patrick
Sawyer attended an Ecowas
conference in Calabar and
subsequently died in Lagos. With the number of Nigerian cases
growing by the day, Nigerian
authorities have been forced to act
and yesterday, the Lagos State
government decided to ban all large
gatherings. Dr Jide Idris, the Lagos State health commissioner, said that
the state government has ordered
churches and Muslim prayer groups
to suspend all crusades and other
programmes that will attract large
gatherings to avoid spread of the virus. He added that the government has
already written to churches and
mosques, pointing out that large
gathering should be avoided at this
period until further notice. Dr Idris
also said more volunteers were urgently needed to join the crusade
to defeat ebola as the situation is
extremely dire. Dr Idris assured everyone that the
government would guarantee the
safety of doctors and others that
would volunteer and would give them
life insurance cover. According to the
commissioner, two of the patients with EVD were in a critical condition
at the isolation centre where they
were being treated. Providing further details, Dr Idris
added: “Based on contact tracking
arising from the index case that came
into the country from Liberia, a total
of 70 persons were monitored. Of
these, eight have been admitted and their blood samples taken. “Results of five out of the eight blood
samples taken have been received
with four testing positive while the
fifth person was negative. Results of
three samples are outstanding and
regrettably, one of the eight admitted died, thus bringing deaths
recorded on account of the virus
outbreak to two.” He appealed to businessmen and
women engaged in the sale of
materials and equipment needed for
the management of ebola not to cash
in on this unfortunate situation to
hike their prices. Furthermore, Dr Idris called for vigilance as human beings
could only contract the disease
through physical contact with a
person who is acutely and gravely ill
from the ebola virus.
www.nigerianwatch.com/news/5040-lagos-state-government-bans-all-religious-crusades-in-a-bid-to-halt-the-spread-of-ebola[/b]

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Fatdon(m): 5:06am On Aug 09, 2014
If people fear God the way they fear #ebola millions of people will be going to heaven,,instead of fearing #ebola
that brings death,while don't fear God
that brings life...now adays i see many
people saying #ebola is real but i see
lesser people saying #heaven is real,av u forgotten that #ebola power is
limited,but the power of heaven is
unlimited,my people the fear of #ebola
is the beginning of panicking,the fear
of God is d beginning of eternal
life.,..be wise. . .#ebola is nt meant for the children of God...instead of
broadcasting #ebola that
kill,broadcast God that gives
life..

22 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Burger01(m): 5:16am On Aug 09, 2014
Good development. At least for now till the epidemic subsides.. All religious programme ni o.. Muslim, Christian, idol worshippers, Ocean worshippers, et all.. Be informed sad

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by sovpounds(m): 5:50am On Aug 09, 2014
I guess this wont affect the numerous religious programmes on Lagos - Ibadan Expressway. That is outside Lagos State but attracts a crowd from Lagos State.
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Abiagirl777(f): 6:16am On Aug 09, 2014
Good for lagosians!!

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by PassingShot(m): 6:29am On Aug 09, 2014
That's what responsible leaders do. Well done BRF!

4 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 09, 2014
Fatdon: If people fear God the way they fear #ebola millions of people will be going to heaven,,instead of fearing #ebola
broadcasting #ebola that
life..

pls jst stfu!! you religious bru ha ha re on one hell of the most stupid ppl in africa..
And If asked where you get all this ur gibberish from ? Lemme guess, from a book written by
a bunch of organized soceity in middle east 2million yrs ago who claim to heard it in dreams..
and with all the edition of the message from them to Europeans kings from generation to generation..

The most annoying thing is that yall dont know what exactly in the other side, Lets take faith of the most common
word you religious bru ha ha normally use and say heaven! then I asked you what about reality? what about right now?
the world you re living right is ur heaven or hell, If you live in ajegunla with no water to satisfy ur taste then its hell, If you
live in aso rock with a food to take u all day then its heaven! I would like you to join people and start saying Ebola is real,
IT IS REAL BIT..CH! way more real than what ur brainwashed mind think of heaven.. Ppl like you need ebola disease in ur life
afterall it doesnt matter cos there is heaven nd im hell sure i will be cured over there.

5 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by IbrahimEazi(m): 6:36am On Aug 09, 2014
Spaced booked! Wanna go 2 toilet! Pls am cuming!!!
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by sovpounds(m): 6:41am On Aug 09, 2014
IbrahimEazi: Spaced booked! Wanna go 2 toilet! Pls am cuming!!!

ok, when you come back you can sell your space.
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by VantagePoint: 6:50am On Aug 09, 2014
Fatdon: If people fear God the way they fear #ebola millions of people will be going to heaven,,instead of fearing #ebola
broadcasting #ebola that
life..
It is because of people like you that I think religion has done more harm than good.
God has given us brains to reason and decipher and treat diseases, not to be maddeningly ignorant and foolish about situations like this.
While Nigerians troop en masse to religious gatherings and lovingly spread the virus, sane and pragmatic Americans are working diligently to develop a cure.

2 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Chanchit: 7:03am On Aug 09, 2014
This news still needs further elaboration, what about normal church gartherings and 5times muslim prayers abi them no fit share ebola through that means..?
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by amaham(m): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2014
some normal church service are like crusades . synagogue, love world , etc. churches go protest this oo
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2014
It's a good move.
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Acidosis(m): 7:27am On Aug 09, 2014
Lets stop attaching the collective stu. pidity of the populace to religion and Nigerian Pastors. The world largest congregations aren't in Nigeria (not even Africa), but USA, South Korea, and other developed nations. For instance, the Yoido Full Gospel Centre in Seoul, South Korea, has over 800,000 congregation (1 Service)! Are South Koreans this stu .pid and backward?

Why then should any right thinking human keep blaming Nigerian Pastors and Churches for every single atom of stu.pidi ty displayed by the masses and our government? If you ask me, I would say the most stu, pid Nigerians are those who blame Pastors and MOG for things their elected political-leaders failed to do for them, e.g. Quality Education, Good health, Sound research laboratories, etc.

I think it's high time we stopped shifting blames on MOG for things they know NOTHING about!

Meanwhile, the suffocating, disgusting and careless act & attitude of traders/commuters/okada men and danfo drivers in Lagos is enough to infect 60% of Lagosians. You cannot even walk in Berger and many other places in Lagos without your body touching the sweat/fluid of another.

Moreover, I do not see any sense in this order since most mega crusades are held in Ogun state (not Lagos). It would be wise for LASG to embark on elaborative RESEARCH programmes on Ebola, as we all know the fact that preventive measures alone cannot stop the spread of an angry virus. This isn't HIV

2 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2014
I don't think people will listen,they love God,some are so obsess with their religion that telling them to quit for a moment is like strangulating them,even in glaring terms of the danger it poses to them,especially in this Ebola era.
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:46am On Aug 09, 2014
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Kentnickole(m): 7:56am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: I don't think people will listen,they love God,some are so obsess with their religion that telling them to quit for a moment is like strangulating them,even in glaring terms of the danger it poses to them,especially in this Ebola era.
... And that Almighty God they love wl always deliver them... #TeamJesus#... But apply wisdom nd be wise my people.

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by wickyyolo: 8:08am On Aug 09, 2014
He didn't attend the ECOWAS calabar conference yet. Rubbish nigerians reporters.

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by priscaoge(f): 8:30am On Aug 09, 2014
broadcasting #ebola that
life..
64380 LIKES. Nice one!
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Fatdon(m): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2014
Toaskarity:

pls jst stfu!! you religious bru ha ha re on one hell of the most stupid ppl in africa..
And If asked where you get all this ur gibberish from ? Lemme guess, from a book written by
a bunch of organized soceity in middle east 2million yrs ago who claim to heard it in dreams..
and with all the edition of the message from them to Europeans kings from generation to generation..

The most annoying thing is that yall dont know what exactly in the other side, Lets take faith of the most common
word you religious bru ha ha normally use and say heaven! then I asked you what about reality? what about right now?
the world you re living right is ur heaven or hell, If you live in ajegunla with no water to satisfy ur taste then its hell, If you
live in aso rock with a food to take u all day then its heaven! I would like you to join people and start saying Ebola is real,
IT IS REAL BIT..CH! way more real than what ur brainwashed mind think of heaven.. Ppl like you need ebola disease in ur life
afterall it doesnt matter cos there is heaven nd im hell sure i will be cured over there.
Bros if u don't know what to say, just shut ur mouth.

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by fearlessigboman(m): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2014
Nna eh.. network! !!
person go soon steal my space
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Fatdon(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2014
fearlessigboman: Nna eh.. network! !!
person go soon steal my space
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by zangiff(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2014
Ban ko...banning ni
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by tobechi74: 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
Y dont they They ban going to work cos of ebola
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by kelvz419(m): 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
its a good move by LSG. TO WHOM BRAIN IS GIVEN, COMMON SENSE IS EXPECTED. #Y.O.L.O
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by hillsate: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
That's a rather very unsmart move by Lagos state govt.
If this is in bid to prevent people congregating together the all schools like LASU and UNILAG should be shut down because some of lecture halls have population greater than some crusades. Also the state secretariat should be shut down. Markets should be shut down. Is alaba international market not having population greater than religious gatherings?
WHY SHOULD THE BAN BE ON RELIGIOUS GATHERINGS? AND NOT MARKETS?
I guess its because LASG don't make money from religious gatherings ko?
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
Chai! Pastors no go see tithe ans offering collect this sunday o!
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Youngzedd(m): 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
Eko oni baje

Bad market for some.
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by uken73(m): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
Desperate measures for desperate times
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Fatdon(m): 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
hmmm
Re: EBOLA: Lagos Government Bans All Religious Programmes. by Toosure70: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nonsense. Then he should close schools and market, even bus stop

(1) (2) (Reply)

”We Will Chase Away Adeboye, Oritsejafor & Oyedepo” Buhari Campaign Organisation / How Tinubu And OBJ Almost Threw 9ja Into Anoda Civil War- IBB / Concluding Part Of Documentary On Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi And Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.