Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking (45879 Views)

Photos: Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / How To Check The 2013/2014 UTME Jamb Result Online Using A Mobile Phone / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by duni04(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Another my skul beta pass ur skul thread. As a graduate of OAU and as someone that has visited CU, i can say without any doubt that OAU is the best skul in Nigeria only on nairaland and in the minds of OAU students. Reality is that CU has grown and is still growing while the rest are living on the glory years of the 70's and 80's. Its ridiculous to say OAU that is almost always ( and currently) on strike is better than a school that has probably never had any interruption in its academic calendar.
@topic: banning mobile phones in the 21st century is just childish and ridiculous.
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
priscaoge: Maybe banning of mobile phones will make the dummies intellegent undecided undecided #Nonsense

Is it our fault dt u were born poor? its one thing to be poor,n anoda to be bitter abt it.
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by redsun(m): 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
cirmuell: Basic rule...if you no fit obey, don't go there.

And for those already there...well, even if you have three years left, just see it as some kind of discipline. Besides, it says on campus.

Not even normal toddlers in kindergartens are that restricted. That is you guys are lazy intellectual that still don't understand the science behind mere electricity in the 21st century. Even with all the graduates the country produces year in year out.
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Haba!How can you say that?You said they produce zombies and babies.A project fame winner comes from there and all u can say is "who cares".Human beings...I bow to una o!
Mhizjay: wu cares? N where z he now?
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by allanphash7(m): 10:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
nonsense
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
Idrismusty97: @teeblazer wetin be your own self! Na you get the glorified secondary school ne? undecided

She is a graduate of the school that is why and she is trying to show the ignorance of some posters.
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by cirmuell(m): 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
redsun:

Not even normal toddlers in kindergartens are that restricted. That is you guys are lazy intellectual that still don't understand the science behind mere electricity in the 21st century. Even with all the graduates the country produces year in year out.
i hate to mention this but do you know some federal high schools have this same restrictions?
But sure you are going to come up with the "they are college students" shii...

Btw @bolded speak for yourself and based on what you've seen...common sense should tell it's ain't always cool to generalize

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by dayosaurus(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
whywhyyyy:

I know that OAU fails students, my best friend was the best student in OAU in his department a few years ago and he told me everything. They frustrate very good guys out of school and make them seem like Olodo when in actually sense they are genius. So I know what I am saying. I have many friends that are graduates of OAU. Some of they are best in their secondary school, they now enter OAU and meet sadist lecturer + strike and then they go to UK and USA and be getting awards and topping their classes.

Even though your cclaims cant be verified. It would remain an opinion not fact. I'm just 0.03 points away from firstclass n i've never paid for my grades.. This doesn't dispute the fact that the stanndards in cu is too low

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
redsun:

The proofs of that restriction has shown in the world class graduates they produce that are been employed by Oracle, Google, Microsoft, IBM etc.

2 Likes

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
dayosaurus:

Even though your cclaims cant be verified. It would remain an opinion not fact. I'm just 0.03 points away from firstclass n i've never paid for my grades.. This doesn't dispute the fact that the stanndards in cu is too low

That is your own opinion, that is why youngest CCIE in Africa is a CU graduate and right now the school has produced over 10 CCIEs even more.

2 Likes

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
I advise all haters to take a trip to KPMG and see the number of CU graduates there.If there are not good kpmg wont hire them.Maybe KPMG is biased on the issue too? undecided

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: There are hotspots around campus.I understand you though.But pple abuse the phone ish.Imagine pinging in the class,phone ringing during meetings,and generally breaking decorum.Don't use phone but they communicate with their loved ones;they are one of the most active on social media.So,kini big deal?What more would a phone in hand do that dey don't do?

abeg my brother. shey hotspot dey hostel side
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: I advise all haters to take a trip to KPMG and see the number of CU graduates there.If there are not good kpmg wont hire them.Maybe KPMG is biased on the issue too? undecided

Thank You. The guy that finished with 4.99 CGPA from Covenant Passed ICAN in first siting. Now he is in KPMG. In the guy's same set, the guy that was best in Economics passed Level 1 and Level 2 of CFA in one siting at the age of 20 and 21.

Abi who here does not know how hard CFA exams are? Who?

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by dayosaurus(m): 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
whywhyyyy:

That is your own opinion, that is why youngest CCIE in Africa is a CU graduate and right now the school has produced over 10 CCIEs even more.

Personal achievements really??.. The MD of fbn is a nd holder, the youngest billionnare in the world is a dropout.etc.. What is CCIE?.... So i can give you a very robust reply
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
From what I can see. CU's website is very updated and very current. Check it here:

http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/

Many new private schools that are opening shop are asked by NUC to go and look at Covenant University and learn things from them.

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by redsun(m): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
whywhyyyy:

Employed by oyinbos that gives you directives on what they want you to do. Don't you guys ever think of being employers and lifting your country out of the dark age as educated people? You can't do that because you are only schooled but not thought on how to use your initiatives and natural instincts. Like Islamic almajirin that memerize the whole quoran off head,yet they still think can be honoured in heaven with virgins by killing themselves and other innocent people.

2 Likes

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
dayosaurus:

Personal achievements really??.. The MD of fbn is a nd holder, the youngest billionnare in the world is a dropout.etc.. What is CCIE?.... So i can give you a very robust reply

Google is your friend my brother. Google it please.

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by Appswheel(m): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
Need a recharge voucher? Get one now in 3 easy steps:
1.Visit http://facebook.com/appswheel
2. Like the page and invite your friends to like the page, each like is counted as 5points. if you get 20 of your friends to like the page, u will get 100 naira airtime voucher, 40 gets you 200 voucher etc
3. to claim your prize send your name, phone no and a count of your friends that have liked the page to 07052193183.
It is real!!!
If you do not get the recharge voucher, you are advised to unlike the page.
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by ArcBishopmarie(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
cirmuell: Basic rule...if you no fit obey, don't go there.

And for those already there...well, even if you have three years left, just see it as some kind of discipline. Besides, it says on campus.
Nonsense... I na ako tuuu...
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
redsun:

Employed by oyinbos that gives you directives on what they want you to do. Don't you guys ever think of being employers and lifting your country out of the dark age as educated people? You can't do that because you are only schooled but not thought on how to use your initiatives and natural instincts. Like Islamic almajirin that memerize the whole quoran off head,yet they still think can be honoured in heaven with virgins by killing themselves and other innocent people.

Some of them have companies of their own too.

http://karenubani.com/

www.awomanswants.com

Those are a few of them that I know amongst plenty others.
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by cirmuell(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
ArcBishopmarie:
Nonsense... I na ako tuuu...
rubbish. Don't pull you shitty lang. on me...and get the phuck off my mention. Illiterates

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by dayosaurus(m): 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
whywhyyyy:

Google is your friend my brother. Google it please.

I can also drop a jargon in the midst of an arguement and ask you to use the google platform too. You dont av to be bitter cos i do not agree with you...
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Do d school authorities think they re running a kidagarteen school or what? Cos even secondary schools dont stipulate such arrant laws nt to talk of a University.....

I thought university is a mind ur business tin. Why would d authorities want to interfere wit what do nt concern them or how does phones stop d development of such school.? ..

Mehn! This case worse o if its really meant. So the students cant protest against such laws.. i trust federal and state schools 4 such. Im sure this convenant people must be doin assembly every morning. Rubbish!
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
Segirl18: Do d school authorities think they re running a kidagarteen school or what? Cos even secondary schools dont stipulate such arrant laws nt to talk of a University.....

I thought university is a mind ur business tin. Why would d authorities want to interfere wit what do nt concern them or how does phones stop d development of such school.? ..

Mehn! This case worse o if its really meant. So the students cant protest against such laws.. i trust federal and state schools 4 such. Im sure this convenant people must be doin assembly every morning. Rubbish!

http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/UNILAG-Officials-on-Study-Tour-of-CU

UNILAG Officials on Study Tour of CU
Vice-Chancellor, Covenant University, Professor Charles K. Ayo, making his remarks at the meeting

A 12-man top administrative officers team of the University of Lagos was in Covenant University on Wednesday, February 19, 2014, on a study tour of the University’s Registry and Financial Services for administrative effectiveness.
The team led by a Principal Assistant Registrar, PAR (Admissions Office), Mr. A. A. Oluwunmi, was received by the Registrar, Covenant University, Mr. Olumuyiwa Oludayo in his conference room.

According to Mr. Oluwunmi, the purpose of their visit was to observe and learn the private model practices of admissions, record keeping, examinations, information dissemination, budget planning, and expenditure control in order for his team to improve on their efficiency. He added that, “We believe Covenant University is doing well and by the time we leave here, we would have learnt from you and you also would have learnt from us”.

Welcoming them on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor, the Registrar, Mr. Olumuyiwa Oludayo, informed the guests that the University is currently running with the vision to become one of the leading universities in the world in ten years, tagged, “One of Ten in Ten”.

He said that university is not only about structures but processes and efficiency. He highlighted the components that make up a system to include: people, rules and tools. He added that the people must be trained to sustain the rules and tools.

The Registrar also informed the guests that the Registry Department has set up a Learning and Development Unit to ensure that those in the support system are developed. “If the Support Unit is weak, the whole academic system will collapse”, he added.

Mr. Oludayo noted that the University reviews her policies all the time to meet up with efficiency. He also explained that some processes of the University had been digitized for efficiency. These, according to him, include the admissions and the transcript processing.

The Registrar promised that all their questions would be answered with honesty as the visit was not to determine who does things better, but that of a mutual exchange of ideas that would be beneficial to both institutions.

Also at the meeting were the Principal Assistant Registrar PAR (Establishment), Deacon Niyi Bamgboye, PAR, Academic and Records, Deacon Femi Anlemi, Head Corporate and Public Affairs, Mr. Emmanuel Igban and Assistant Registrar (Admissions), Mrs Helen Olatunbosun.

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
redsun:

Wayne State University Visits CU
Vice-Chancellor, Covenant University, Professor Charles K. Ayo, (3rd L), Dr. Celestine Aguwa from Wayne State University, USA, (4th L), other Members of CU Management in a group photograph

Covenant University hosted Wayne State University this week at the Vice-Chancellor’s office in Canaanland Ota.
Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America, was represented by an Associate Professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Dr. Celestine Aguwa.

Following a Memorandum of Understanding, which was signed between the two universities in February this year, the visit was scheduled to work out plans for the implementation of the agreed collaboration between them.

The areas of collaboration as stated in the MoU include, joint teaching; research; mobility of faculty, scholars, and students between institutions; staff professional development and sharing or creation of educational materials and resources.

During the visit, which was facilitated by Covenant University’s International Office and Linkages directorate, the two universities discussed the possibility of starting with the Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES).

Making the introductions at the meeting, the Director of the Covenant University’s International Office and Linkages, Dr. Sheriff Folarin, explained that he had received report from Dr. Aguwa that Wayne State has already put modalities in place to welcome the first set of CU students to Detroit to start off the collaboration agreement.

In his welcome remarks, the Vice-Chancellor of Covenant University, Professor Charles Korede Ayo, expressed his excitement at the newly formed partnership and assured the representative of Wayne State University of CU’s commitment to ensure that the MoU is functional.

He reiterated that the student’s internship exchange scheme would be prioritized as the first step towards building a more solid academic partnership with Wayne State University.

On the same day, at the CST Conference Room, Dr. Aguwa addressed all Engineering students of Covenant University who have interest in going on the internship programme.

Present at the meeting were: The Deputy Vice-Chancellor Administration, Professor Taiwo Abioye; The Registrar, Covenant University, Mr. Olumuyiwa Oludayo and members of the Corporate and Public Affairs Department.

http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Wayne-State-University-Visits-CU#.U-Z_9PldUX0

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by redsun(m): 10:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
whywhyyyy:

Some of them have companies of their own too.

http://karenubani.com/

awomanswants.com

Those are a few of them that I know amongst plenty others.

Good, they can do better. Knowledge they say is power.And you don't get knowledge hiding in a cocoon like a delicate larva. It is an adventure that requires the adventurer's astute ability to initiate.
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
redsun:

Good, they can do better. Knowledge they say is power.And you don't get knowledge hiding in a cocoon like a delicate larva. It is an adventure that requires the adventurer's astute ability to initiate.

There is something called delayed gratification. Time for everything. That they were been restricted did not stop them from doing great things.
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
Why not?Hostels,library and lecture halls
feran14:
abeg my brother. shey hotspot dey hostel side

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Why not?Hostels,library and lecture halls
puuuuuuuraaaazie white Jesus!!!
Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Really?!!!He joined FBN with ND...I'm sure he has acquired more certifications.Human beings sha...graduates are proof of what's happening in any school and now you're frowning at the mention of personal achievement.You can't please man.
dayosaurus:

1 Like

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by Mhizjay(f): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Haba!How can you say that?You said they produce zombies and babies.A project fame winner comes from there and all u can say is "who cares".Human beings...I bow to una o!
Pls,aw z 4ne,education n singing related? And I neva said dah dey produce zombies n babies....hix name was known 2ruh projectfame buh now he is nowhere 2 be found

2 Likes

Re: See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking by whywhyyyy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
feran14:
puuuuuuuraaaazie white Jesus!!!

http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Federal-Civil-Service-Understudies-CU-Plans-Collaboration#.U-aUCfldUX0

Federal Civil Service Understudies CU, Plans Collaboration

Federal Civil Service Understudies CU, Plans Collaboration
Vice-Chancellor, Covenant University, Professor Charles K. Ayo making his remarks at the meeting

The Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation has visited Covenant University, based on her leadership antecedents among universities in the country, to understudy her management system and seamless succession policy.
A three-man fact-finding team, headed by the Deputy Director, Leadership and Management Succession Planning Department of the Office, Mr. Danjuma Elabi, was received by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Charles Korede Ayo and the Management team in his conference-room on Wednesday, January 15, 2014.

Mr. Elabi stated that the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) was recently restructured to make it compact for effective service delivery. This, according to him, led to the establishment of his department which was to ensure leadership succession planning.

He said that the mission of his team was information sourcing and data gathering. “Being a new department, we are going round to gather information and learn from experience. Your university was picked by the Head of Civil Service himself to represent all the private universities because of your antecedents and the fact that you have cut a niche for yourself”, he explained.

He requested for information on the university’s leadership and management style, adding that they would want to learn how succession is done in an academic environment.

The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Ayo, in his response, explained that Covenant University considered herself a leadership varsity founded to revolutionize the higher education context in the continent with the vision to raise a new generation of leaders.

He noted that in order to actualize the vision, the university pioneered some unique programmes from inception which include Entrepreneurial Development Studies, a programme designed to address unemployment and youths’ restiveness.

Others are “Total Man Concept” (TMC), which addresses the development of the three components that make up a man, vis-a-vis, spirit, soul and body and “Towards a Total Graduate” (TTG), which prepares the students for life after school.

The Vice-Chancellor stated that leadership was the challenge of the nation and Africa in general. He added that no nation can develop in an environment devoid of transparency, integrity and responsibility; these values are embedded in the University’s Core Values.

The University, according to the Vice-Chancellor, strongly upholds her Core Values and frowns on any form of disregard of these Core Values, a development which has helped to entrench leadership traits in her products. This has also distinguished her graduates and endeared them to the hearts of employers.

Professor Ayo informed the team that the leadership qualities in the university’s Alumni have made some of them occupy Management positions including that of Registrar, Dean and Directors in the university within the eleven years of her existence.

The Vice-Chancellor promised that the university would continue to contribute her part in training leaders for the continent through her African Leadership Development Centre which is due for take-off in February this year.

He enjoined them to collaborate with the Centre to have their senior officers trained in the art of leadership.

Professor Ayo later presented documents to them to enhance their knowledge about the university.

Present at the meeting were the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration), Professor Taiwo Abioye; Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Professor A. A. A. Atayero; Registrar, Mr. Olumuyiwa Oludayo; Director, Financial Services, Pastor Deji Okubanjo; Director Physical Planning and Development, Arc Gbenga Alalade; Director, Centre for Systems and Information Services, Pastor Abolade Afolabi and Dean, Students’ Affairs, Mr. Azubuike Ezenwoke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Graduate Who Sold Ice Cream Releases Transformation 7 Years After / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / Abdulmalik Tanko: School Proprietor Who Killed 5-year-old Hanifa Abubakar Pleads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.