Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,330 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You (2782 Views)

My Country People, Is This Really A Kiss Or Fight? / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? / Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by solzmuller(m): 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
I like minding my buisness .people say am antisocial mehn sometime I regret being black
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by jericco1(m): 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
You mustn't I don't get it, you see a stranger & you just greet him/her just because he/she is an elder. That's improper if you keep on doing that people will take you for a fool, and may consider you insignificant.. I don't greet everybody, I must have seen you 3 to 4 times yes b4 I tender my greetings. Unlike our Brothers/Sisters from the West!.

1 Like

Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by solzmuller(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
Yeah u are sensible dat hw it suppose to be
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Op, it is not really compulsory, but it's necessary; though it largely depends on where you were raised.

Here in Edo, you're expected to greet your elders or stand a chance to answer their greetings instead and you know what that means.

Sure, none is gonna compel you to greet but the image you'll be painting for yourself through your actions and inactions won't gladden your heart at all.
You'll be seen as conceited, spoilt and proud.
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by IGLE25(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
Well, I am from Edo too... It is a kind of respect to others... That does not mean you great everyone you see but those that matters to you... Try it here in China na Oyo you dey o....
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
It's not a must for you to greet everyone. For me, I only greet when I feel it's proper to greet. A normal Godday with a Smile will do. Disregarding special cases, I think it's improper to inquire about one's personal life when greeting. undecided

1 Like

Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by solzmuller(m): 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
Yea
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
You see us 5 elders sitting in the yard getting fresh air. You come around to do something and you are asking is it compulsory to greet everyone.

You wan chop knock?

Better relocate go canada asap grin
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
@OP
EVERYBODY from your social surroundings should be greeted, whether you know them or not. now, if you are walking down the street, you shouldnt greet every Tom Dikc and Harry but if you suddenly meet a friend of yours, and you go and greet him then you should greet everyone that is with him (out of courtesy). also, if you enter a room (shop etc) with people already present then you should greet them with a simple Good day, Hello or Hi
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by solzmuller(m): 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
Guy u dey say dust I tink say u dey live for face to face me house.guy nah class and money
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by SAMBARRY: 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mr man do what you gotta do. If you want to greet; greet, if you don't want to greet, don't. Never let nobody put you on a guilt trip

1 Like

Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by solzmuller(m): 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
I love ur comment
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
SAMBARRY: Mr man do what you gotta do. If you want to greet; greet, if you don't want to greet, don't. Never let nobody put you on a guilt trip

So Kanwulia and co don finally pollute you.
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by tobechi74: 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Courtesy demands you greet everyone
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by Beesluv: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
A simple good day won't make you lose some flesh.

But if its someone who always look down when you are approaching, knowing fully well that you will greet him/her.... You can surprise such a person by just passing by without greetings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 11, 2014
I have got to agree with sambarry who sounds rather much like the dreaded kanwulia and who i really can't seem to share minds with. Just do what you have to do and be happy. Never feel guilty for doing how you want to do.
Re: Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You by SAMBARRY: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2014
onirugbon1:

So Kanwulia and co don finally pollute you.
hunnnn ? shocked

what has kanwulia got to do with my post. Kanwulia has a mind of her own and sambarry too has a mind of her own so I don't know what exactly what you are trying to drive at with this cynical post of yours lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! / A Widow's Plight / Pulled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.