Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! (2791 Views)

Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? / 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by dein77(m): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ignorance kills faster than EBOLA.

I'm yet to understand the depth to which many of us have been brainwashed by some spiritual leaders. Some pregnant will never entertain the thought of going through a CS to have their babies even when their doctors have advised them to do so. This is almost entirely due to the belief that it's unbiblical and faithless for a pregnant Christian woman to have her baby through a CS. This is purely nonsense!

If the conditions surrounding the pregnancy deem it safe to undergo a CS, why would a woman do otherwise? This Hebrew women mantra is really endangering the lives of women and their babies. There's nothing absolutely wrong in women having babies through a CS.

A woman living close toy wife's office almost killed herself when she insisted on having a vaginal delivery even when the doctor clearly explained it was risky to do so. She said her pastor had told her she must have a vaginal delivery. All efforts to.persuade her failed. An matter turn red, na emergency CS she undergo. She survived, but without the baby. Baby had died due to excessive distress. What foolishness!

We should be very careful as to what we act on. The Bible that advocates faith, also advocates wisdom. Kids delivered through a CS do not have accompanying marks on their foreheads.

There's nothing absolutely wrong with a woman having her baby through a CS.

Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by crackhaus: 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
Please tell me the name of the church that preaches such doctrine, I need to tell all of my friends and family to avoid it.

Very important!

2 Likes

Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by dein77(m): 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
crackhaus:
Please tell me the name of the church that preaches such doctrine, I need to tell all of my friends and family to avoid it.

Very important!

This is serious!
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by kilokeys(m): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
hmmm u took the words out of my mouth op..
a friend's sister is in labour at the moment..
when i suggested CS.. they screamed " God forbid".

if the pelvic size is small.. CS should be the option
the d contractions arent Strong enough and d necessary injections needed to help it isnt working, CS is d answer.

a woman can now do CS four times unlike the 3 we had some years back.

the biggest misconception are;
1. if u do CS, u would continually do CS
2. some religious fanaticism in play here.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by crackhaus: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
dein77:

This is serious!
Very serious.

The name please...
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
I Named Such Act As Religion Mumbo Jumbo.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by bukatyne(f): 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Religious people need a lot of liberation.

@Crackhaus: It is not church per se but individual pastors.

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by freecocoa(f): 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
How do people become so dumb? Is it 'jazz' or what?

If na only me, hunger go kill those pastors.

2 Likes

Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by crackhaus: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
bukatyne:

I presume the individual pastors have a church they run, don't they?
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by bukatyne(f): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
crackhaus:

I presume the individual pastors have a church they run, don't they?

Not all

RCCG has over 2,000 branches in Nigeria with different pastors who believe different things and have different level of exposure. Add Deeper Life, MFM, Winner's Chapel, Christ Embassy etc. into the mix.

What matters to pastor A might not matter to pastor B.

Even churches with one parish have different pastors to cater for all her members.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by ibizgirl(f): 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
The sad truth is people are daily losing their lives/their babies to this. Don't think any church preaches this outrightly, it is just a believe. Same way some people don't take drugs. Any advancement in medicine is a welcome development as far as I am concerned.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by Kimoni: 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
bukatyne:

Or you mean individual beliefs...cuz if not, I am also interested in the churches where these pastors preach.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by bukatyne(f): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kimoni:

Or you mean individual beliefs...cuz if not, I am also interested in the churches where these pastors preach.

See my response to crackhaus

bukatyne:

Not all
RCCG has over 2,000 branches in Nigeria with different pastors who believe different things and have different level of exposure. Add Deeper Life, MFM, Winner's Chapel, Christ Embassy etc. into the mix.
Even churches with one parish have different pastors to cater for all her members.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by Kimoni: 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
@OP - for the fact that she said God forbid does not mean she thinks it's a sin or she goes to a church that preaches against it.

Most women prefer vaginal delivery to C/S for different personal reasons.

I know of women who say they don't want to go through the pains of labour so would rather go for C/S. And there are lots of those that pray against C/S due to the healing period after, families who plan to have lots of children also avoid it cuz with C/S, there is a limit to the no of times you can go under the knife.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
My people perish because of lack of knowledge.... Jesus wasnt joking when he said this...
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by dein77(m): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
bukatyne:

Thanks for the reply.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by Kimoni: 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
bukatyne:

See my response to crackhaus

Thnks. I actually saw it but I was hoping you would expatiate further. I think it has less to do with pastors/churches and more with individual application of what is preached. You and I might hear the same message on faith, you get home and based on this faith message, you decide to stop taking drugs while I get home, develop a headache and the first thing I do is to take pain killers.

The pastor never said we shouldnt take drugs oo neither is it a church policy yet, two members of the same church now have different beliefs about taking drugs. #my opinion
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by Kimoni: 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
crackhaus:

Very important!

OP, pls dont forget to provide the name of the church and if possible location. People have to be informed to steer clear of such places.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by bukatyne(f): 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kimoni:

Thnks. I actually saw it but I was hoping you would expatiate further. I think it has less to do with pastors/churches and more with individual application of what is preached. You and I might hear the same message on faith, you get home and based on this faith message, you decide to stop taking drugs while I get home, develop a headache and the first thing I do is to take pain killers.

The pastor never said we shouldnt take drugs oo neither is it a church policy yet, two members of the same church now have different beliefs about taking drugs. #my opinion

The Post said a pastor told the woman...

Look at it this way: if a woman tells her pastor that the doctors said she has to do CS, what will be his response?

I agree that individual faith also come into play here. If my pastor says 'don't go to hospital/take drugs, I can pastor just pray that the treatment will be successful because I believe in it.

God also has different covenant with people and the fact He told A that she will not do Cs or use drugs does not mean it applies to B.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by bukatyne(f): 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
dein77:

Thanks for the reply.

You are welcome
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by adebisicutie: 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
So many women lose their lives and that of their babies because of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by crackhaus: 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
bukatyne:

Not all

Hmmmm, that's a lot of churches.

I just have a problem with pastors/churches that have some kind of crazy doctrine/belief - I feel they take advantage of too many people using the Bible as an excuse.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by crackhaus: 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kimoni:

OP, pls dont forget to provide the name of the church and if possible location. People have to be informed to steer clear of such places.
smiley
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by bukatyne(f): 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
crackhaus:

Hmmmm, that's a lot of churches.

I just have a problem with pastors/churches that have some kind of crazy doctrine/belief - I feel they take advantage of too many people using the Bible as an excuse.

Well Christians have the duty of studying the Bible for themselves. It is available in the market Lol!

Most pastors talk from their experience, perception to life, how they get God's inspiration and their belief system.

Not everything they say is law and we need God's Spirit to help us interpret. For example, respect your husband means different things to different people.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by bukatyne(f): 4:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kimoni:

Lol!

What if it is a Redeemed Church and it is just one branch?

Will you tell your folks to avoid RCCG all together? grin
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by dein77(m): 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
bukatyne:

Well Christians have the duty of studying the Bible for themselves. It is available in the market Lol!

Most pastors talk from their experience, perception to life, how they get God's inspiration and their belief system.

Not everything they say is law and we need God's Spirit to help us interpret. For example, respect your husband means different things to different people.

Very correct. It's just natural that others will do our thinking if we don't do it ourselves.

In this era, every Christian should take more time and pains to carefully see God's will for their lives. We need to study to show ourselves approved to God. If we don't study it, then we are easy preys for false teachers to deceive.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by Wendy80(f): 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
A Hebrew woman is one who is alive and baby alive weda thru CS or not.
I had my baby thru CS and NOT ashamed to say it loud for pple to hear. Even when close friends are hiding it. Shebi na who de alive de talk birth story.
I'm a Hebrew woman.

11 Likes

Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by crackhaus: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
bukatyne:

Lol...it's indeed in the market. Unfortunately, gullible folks still trust their pastor's interpretations more than any.

The other day it was how one pastor refused to join some couple because the lady didn't dress to his specification, not like she even exposed too much.

I'm like why make a big deal out of it? Just say the darn words and get it over with - 30minutes tops, if looking at the bride too long is what will lead him to hell...Lol.

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
Sadly this is a common doctrine. I have seen many women die, suffer greatly and have their child die because CS is not their portion" Instead of listening to their doctor they were on phone with their pastors who keep assuring them that they will deliver like Hebrew women.
If only we realise that the Hebrew women thing was a lie told by Egyptian mid wives so they wont report cases of births as instructed by pharaoh.

Apart from child birth the saddest ones arw those who boast that they haven't been to hospital in years. Sadly a family friend was always saying same and I kept advicing him to at least go get check up so he can have a certificate to prove his faith he refused.

One day he had a stomach ache, in a few days he couldnt urinate he gulped and gulped anointing oil till he was forced to go the hospital. unfortunately he has chronic hepatitis which led to liver failure.
If he had only checked earlier and vaccinated himself he wouldn't have died so sadly.

2 Likes

Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by crackhaus: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
bukatyne:

Lol!

What if it is a Redeemed Church and it is just one branch?

Will you tell your folks to avoid RCCG all together? grin
That's another problem with the way these churches are run.

Why have so many branches and lose track of themselves?
If they have to open so much, then they should have one officially recognized 'Tenets of Faith' that all the branches/splinters adhere to.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by dein77(m): 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
adebisicutie:
So many women lose their lives and that of their babies because of ignorance.

It happens daily. People keep endangering their lives due to ignorance, and sometimes, stupidity.
Re: There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! by smartmom(f): 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
So sad that in this day and time, we are still grappling with matters like this. And it becomes worse when even 'educated' women succumb to this kind of oppression. And the women are the victims. I know a doctor that refusd for his wife to be operated on because he was 'sure' she would be delivered supernaturally. The woman almost died! After she laboured for 14 hours they had to do a csection anyway.

Hear some outrageous things mentioned here:http://nigerianparentsforum.com/index.php/kunena/gestation-period/9400-family-planning-and-maternal-mortality-rate

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Would You Feel If Your Child Replicated Your Lifestyle? / 5 Ways Parents Corrupt Their Children Unknowingly / 12 Amazing Facts You May Not Have Known About Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.