Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

You...as President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You...as President Of Nigeria (545 Views)

World Leaders Shun Nigeria: As President Buhari Addresses Empty Seats / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You...as President Of Nigeria by zboyd: 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
Being the leader of a country is a tough job.

Some will love you. Some will poke fun of you. Some will hate you. Some will ignore you. Some will even wish you dead.

If, by some miracle, you were elected the President of Nigeria, what would be The Ten Most Important Issues you would address?

How would you run the country?

Would you fear for your life or the lives of your family?

Would you run for re-election?
Re: You...as President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
First nd foremost reduce d price of fuel then improve d power sector before providing good roads,then making the economy stable to encourage foreign and local investors to invest in Nigeria which in turn provides employment,make all public workers to declare their assets to enable accountability before moving to education which will be one of the foremost,after that provide a public transport scheme which will also improve employment opportunities then later build the refineries in Nigeria which will also improve employment.Am so specific about employment because if youths have stable jobs nothing like boko haram or any of sort will be there.Also not forgetting about the rail way system,I can really go on and on
Re: You...as President Of Nigeria by k2039: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
The job of the president is one hell of a job, it's one of the hardest task on earth.

Some times when I read some American's comment on Obama, I'm tempted to think he is the worst president on earth, so really the first thing to brace up for as a president is that there will always be critism (constructive or not) even when you are convinced that you are doing the right thing.

I still feel if Nigeria will change at all, it begins with each one of us as individuals, the presidents input is just relatively small in all this.

The president is not the one who will head government parastatals, agencies, house of assembly, judiciary etc, you can be sure most of this people are corrupt.

It's not just having a good man as president, we need a lot of good men in places of authorities.

So the task of rebuilding Nigeria begins with every single one of us, it's not what I will do when I become a president, it's what I'm doing now.

I don't take bribes, neither do I give bribes.
I believe in meritocracy and not nepotism.
I believe every parent should be responsible for raising their children properly.
I believe in orderliness ( I join a que where necessary)

I can go on and on, the whole issue boils down to this, if we (most) as Nigerians are good citizens then Nigeria will be a better place for all of us, ultimately the president was also part of the masses at some point.

All the president can do is to implement good policies, but if you have a uncle who is a DG that's is corrupt or a dad who is the GMD if NNPC that is corrupt, you can be sure that everything will remain as it was.

If elected president though, the topmost thing on my list will be power generation, invest so much in education (I just hope those in the helm of affairs aren't corrupt, invest also in renewable energy because as it stands oil is just a stop gap measure, I will also go through the federal budget and try to eliminate programs that aren't working and try to implement new ones and ultimately I will listen more as a leader to the citizens, the greatest communicators are the best listeners.

I don't think I will really want to do so much, it's just about getting the essentials, power generation and education will be my utmost priority and both are essential for innovations.
Re: You...as President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
Here is what I would do IF i was in Aso Rock....(after I have banned all alcoholic drinks from the place...sorry wink)

1.Enact a law deducting 40% from all state allocations.

2.Use the saved money to guarantee free education,power supply,improve transport infrastructure.....and invest in industries.

3.Force states to use their resources.....even if it is just sand.....to make money.

4.After 5 years....every state should be self sufficient, industrial areas.....at which point I will then allow for resource control.

5.In short....the objective of my administration is SELF SUFFICIENCY IN TWENTY YEARS.....because 20 years from the time I have taken power....we should have made in Nigeria cars, aeroplanes, hospital equipment, trains, buses, etc.

If Japan could go from being 800 years behind the West in 1854 to being at par with the West by 1914.....then I think it is high time Nigeria reached its potential. Time to end our sharing of money mentality.....and time to become self sufficient.(And I do not mean that every state sells its raw materials abroad and share the cash...that paradigm is so outdated).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Spite Of Losing, PDP Has Not Insulted Osun People Unlike APC In Ekiti. / Ebola Drug Test On Spanish Priest Highlights Ethical Questions,why skip Africans / JTF Denies Arresting 16 Females Suicide Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.